Austin Recovery Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to get experience working in the mental health field
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2016
My position was related to residential work. A typical day involved ensuring that clients and their children made it to their offsite appointments and ensuring that all of the transportation needs for the facility were completed everyday. The job could definitely be difficult with the client population but the job was also very enjoyable as you saw a lot of success with many of the clients. It was very rewarding to be a part of many individuals journey to success and sobriety.
Fast, pace, fun, enjoyable
Detox Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 19, 2015
You definitely have to be passionate about work here. It's a great place to be and friendly staff. Each team member is there for you in anything you need or have questions about.
Pros
Great beneifits, fun, caring
not good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  austin,txNovember 2, 2014
no good. that's all there is to say really.

no advancement opportunity. it's "non-profit" tell that to the CEO, CFO, etc. terrible

Comment – November 14, 2014

I am sorry to hear that you had a negative employment experience at Austin Recovery. We appreciate this feedback, and will make sure HR and Leadership are aware so that we can address these concerns for our current and future employees.

High energy level and always keeps you on your toes
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 29, 2014
High energy
Clients coming and going
Great Co-worker support team
Management team on hand and active with all staff

Hardest part- not being able to help the client enter treatment and extemely intoxicated clients

Most enjoyable- Seeing clients that are successful in treatment
Pros
free lunch with clients, great co worker support team
Cons
long days, short breaks, expensive health care
awful pay, awful culture, dont work here
Counselor II (Former Employee) –  cross parkApril 26, 2014
Severely low pay and no raises ever, little opportunity for advancement. Terrible culture which discourages growth or healing.

Comment – November 14, 2014

I am sorry to hear about your negative experience working with our agency. We appreciate this feedback and will make sure your concerns are heard so that we may make improvements for our current and future employees. We have made an effort this year to increase professional development and growth opportunities. Thank you again, and we wish you the best of luck in your career.

Direct care Staff
Direct Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buda, TxApril 15, 2014
Prepare documents for both the daytime and evening staff
How to assist clients in a rehab facility
Overnight position
Pros
experince in related job field
Cons
overnight position
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  AustinAugust 6, 2013
The management team all around is not up to par. Something is going on in that company that is negative. The team leaders, supervisors, and management lack empathy and compassion which is VITAL in this type of professional field. The compensation is a joke and don't think about advancement unless you have multiple advanced degrees or unless you know the big dogs running the place. I would not recommend working here unless you enjoy being under appreciated and treated poorly as an employee.
Pros
free meals when eating with clients
Cons
management, compensation
great team to work with
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  austin, TXJuly 21, 2013
If you can handle the stress of clients who have an alcohol or drug addiction then this job is for you.To watch the clients come in broken and after days or weeks sometimes months become someone brand new is a life changing experience
Rewarding to help those who are recovering from the disease of addiction
Direct Care Staff/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXJanuary 24, 2013
A typical day at wor would be assisting residential clients in Family House/women and children and 30-day Residential Program for State-funded clients. Helping them get to their classes on time, helping them take them medications, assisting any needs such as transporting to doctor's appointments, picking up prescription medications and/or taking them to outside AA/CA Meetings. Being a support for them while they're in residential care. Re-enforcing their daily care and structure or rules that apply to the success in recovery. You keep busy the minute you clock in and are on your feet constantly maintaining the unit to keep client safety. I learned how to set appropriate boundaries, instruct and direct staff, train staff and lead. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see women come into the program in their worst condition and watch them grow and become healthy with hope to start a new beginning in life.
Pros
free lunches, overtime, good insurance benefits
Cons
no breaks, on your feet all day, rules change everyday, no consistency
Great place to get really good experience and opportunities to learn.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  8402 Cross Park Dr., Austin, TX 78754August 16, 2012
Austin Recovery always has very interesting and challenging learning opportunities. You're never bored or feel like you're not learning something new every day. Great place to build your skill set.
Pros
great learning opportunities
Great place to learn about substance abuse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 19, 2012
Lovely staff and caring environment. Staff is concerned about patient care. Fair compensation.
Educational
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXJanuary 13, 2012
The organization gave me an opportunity to practice my skills that I learned in school and worked with my school schedule.