Austin Regional Clinic Employee Reviews

Overall great people, but low pay
Purchasing Director (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 21, 2016
It has been a while since I worked there which was in a Management role. Great people and company. The staff and center managers at all sites were great to work with. The only issue I had was getting paid what I was worth. I wore many hats. When I left they had to replace my position with three other people.
The benefits need adjusting.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Needs to improve on benefits and pay
Good People, Supportive Environment, Limited Opportunities
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 11, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working with my colleagues for a company that I feel truly does have the best interests of their patients at heart. The CEO is a truly exception visionary, the physicians are dedicated and the support staff more than earns their pay. Because of this good, supportive environment, many employees stick around for 20 or 30 years.

The best part of my job is working with my coworkers, all of whom are supportive and dedicated to the best interests of the patients and the company. The hardest part of the job is always figuring out how to do more with less while not seeing any room for advancement in my future.

Despite all of these good things, the pay tends to remain below the market and there are few opportunities for advancement due to the long tenure of employees in upper management positions. There are a few employees that work their way up, some based on merit and others based on favoritism. With very few exceptions, the only way for advancement in title or pay is to manage others. There is little recognition (and never bonuses!) for individual contributors, regardless of their experience, performance, or expertise.

The company rarely advocates for the employees, so expect to always negotiate for a better salary and ask for more responsibilities and promotions. The salary structure, benefits, and many other compensation policies are not transparent, nor are they disclosed to employees. I learned the hard way that I should always assume a better offer is on the table, no matter what the initial conversation is like. Supervisors, managers, and directors
  more... all earn bonuses at dramatically different rates (good luck figuring out what those are) and "team lead" positions are often a dead-end alternative with much less pay than a supervisory role.  less
Pros
Supportive co-workers, Visionary CEO, Good work hours
Cons
Limited room for advancement, limited benefits
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin TxSeptember 7, 2016
ARC is a great place to work for. They have good benefits and supportive staff members and supervisors. Be prepared to be able to cross train in different areas.
Excellent company! My husband and I moved out of state otherwise I would have never left.
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Excellent benefits, and they are always doing little things to show employee appreciation. Multiple shifts to choose from, multiple locations in and around Austin, TX. I had wonderful experience with all my supervisors, managers, and co-workers. The CEO came personally to my new hire orientation which spoke very highly of the company.
Pros
Benefits, employee appreciation, flexibility, and great people.
Cons
lower starting wages
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant-General Surgery (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJuly 11, 2016
I was hired to assist another MA with two general surgeons. She refused to give me any work to do while the physicians were in surgery. Eventually, i went to their corporate office and voiced my complaints and was told to speak to my manager. I did this twice and it ended up making the other MA mad. After this she began reporting me for things that didn't happen. She intentionally sent me to the wrong job site which I reported to the manager and was not listened to. I was made to do procedures in a dark room with lights out that resulted in me getting stuck with a needle, I refused to recap contaminated needles and was reported to management. Management actually thought it was okay to be doing this. Although, even in ARC's training classes, they are adamant about not recapping. After the MA took her vacation and my use was done with them, I was fired for many factors that were beyond me. At the same time, I had to listen to a doctor speak horribly of one of his transgender patients, which hit very close to home for me.
Pros
I wouldn't recommend ARC for employment, there were no pro's
Company is great, Be weary of certain locations
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  AustinAugust 31, 2015
The company was great, They have good benefits and compared to others in the area have decent pay. However watch which location you work in. A lot of backstabbing and sabotaging behind closed door. Make sure you mind your P's and Q's cause they will be quick to cover for some people and throw others under the bus. The CEO is great guy, HR is oblivious to what goes on in the clinics unless it directly affects them. Management is awful in some locations, they are all about them and the only time they have something to say is when they are pointing out mistakes. They promote people which clearly should not be promoted strictly because they know that person. I can tell you not all locations are the same because I had the pleasure of also working in an awesome one. I will advice that if you have an issue with something or someone, either take it directly to HR or if you don't hear anything back from them within a week, call them directly cause most likely they weren't even made aware of the issue.
benefits
Cons
Management in some of the locations
Great palce reward us with latte at the office when we meet goals
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 25, 2016
The only reason I left arc was because I left out of the country but is a great place to work was my firts job as a medical assistant and they gave me the opportunity to grow as a medical assistant.
Pros
GOOD TRAINING, GOOD BENEFITS
productive and fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Comfortable work environment where was able to learn many specialties in the medical field. Many clinic locations to chose from
ARC Summary
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  austin, txJuly 25, 2012
I really enjoyed the multiple roles that were given to me at ARC. Everyone was very interested in new ideas and I was allowed to make the changes in my role.

The co workers and management staff were fantastic!.. Very good group to work with..I'm still friends with many of the employees at all the sites.

The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with the financial roles that were given to me i.e. spreadsheets which consisted of micro/macros. This should have been given to other staff that the report involved however I felt great that my manager wanted me to take care of it.

My typical day was purchasing and keeping up with all the issues for all the sites along with over seeing Central Supply.

I enjoyed working with the CFO he was amazing and I was taught so many things by him. He is and was the smartest man and could invision many opportunties for ARC. I believe the growth and strength that ARC has is because of him.
Pros
great staff and physicians
Cons
low pay... need to step up the raises and keep the good people
Great
Organizer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2016
Great staff, lots of smiles, energy is comforting. Everyone works as a team and the pace is proper for everyone to come together to get the job complete
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No overtime

Want to know more about Austin Regional Clinic?

Ask a question
A great company to work for.
CBO Supervsior II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 19, 2016
This is a great company. Cross Traing to do every part of the Revenue Cycle and not just limiting staff and providers. The hard part of the job is changes with the government system and the lack of involvement on the Insurance set up with the medicaids plans.
Pros
Flexiblity
Cons
turn over
overall
Family Practice Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2016
Its a wonderful place to work but the pay is not worth the long drive, especially after you take the monthly toll fees into account.
Ok Place
HIM Tech III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2013
The pay is relatively low but the health care they provide is awesome if you go with UHC and not the Mediview.

Good work envirnoment. Advancement was not available where I worked but I am sure at the other locations it is.

It is easy to get bored fast here though because your daily routine is almost the same.
Pros
good atmosphere, great benefits
Cons
low pay, stagnant
Nice place to work
POSITION, PURCHASING ASSIT/MATERIALS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  AustinJune 30, 2012
I work there for 10 years but the last 3 yr I never got a raise my job performance were great per my reviews the company never cared to promote me so I went back to school and move on to a better company
Pros
good place to work for benefits at the time
Cons
no job advancement
Busy work place Multi taski
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 10, 2013
My day at work is a very busy scheduled with patients and making sure my work is done on time and complete before I left my shift. My co- workers and I worked as a team to complete our duties. I loved my job because I enjoyed helping others and being able to make them feel comfortable and safe. I learned so much here I got a lot of experienced.
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
No lunch brakes
Productive workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 2, 2016
Austin Regional Clinic is a great place to work for although management can be difficult at times. It is very busy and correct paperwork must be given to patients at all times.
HIM Team Lead (Former Employee) –  clinicAugust 14, 2012
good place to work. lots of good benefits with 401k and insurance. fun environment. good co-workers.
Fast-paced, teamwork with co-workers
License Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Far WestOctober 25, 2015
Worked at several locations over the years. Fast-paced environment with very little downtime. Worked as a floor/triage nurse with some wonderful physicians who truly care for their patients. Co-workers were fantastic and consistently worked as a team.

Horrible place to work.
HIM Tech I (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2012
While I worked at Austin Regional Clinic I was sexually harassed by the manager, paid very poorly, so poorly in fact that it was not even near enough money to pay for the cost of living. You are encouraged to work sick and at any and all costs. The level of intelligence of the staff as well as the managers was not high. I learned that I did not want to work for this company and would never recommend this company as a "great place to work." The hardest part of the job was dealing with the incompetence and overall bad attitudes.
Cons
pretty much everything!
Busy bees
Medical Assistant /Liaison BAFB - Admin/Clinical (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 7, 2014
In all the time I worked for this company, I never saw anyway shy away from hard work. However, each professional status had its place and it was interesting when it came to teamwork. People had a hard time being cohesive and a team. When Bergstrom AFB needed a strong business to develop and provide a Champus Clinic, ARC met and exceeded their expectations. It was a great privilege to serve and take care of the families of those who serve our country.
Pros
High energy and great with patients.
Cons
It was all work and not about people so much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Austin Regional Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

Austin Regional Clinic Reviews by Location