Austin Regional Clinic Employee Reviews in United States

Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant-General Surgery (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJuly 11, 2016
I was hired to assist another MA with two general surgeons. She refused to give me any work to do while the physicians were in surgery. Eventually, i went to their corporate office and voiced my complaints and was told to speak to my manager. I did this twice and it ended up making the other MA mad. After this she began reporting me for things that didn't happen. She intentionally sent me to the wrong job site which I reported to the manager and was not listened to. I was made to do procedures in a dark room with lights out that resulted in me getting stuck with a needle, I refused to recap contaminated needles and was reported to management. Management actually thought it was okay to be doing this. Although, even in ARC's training classes, they are adamant about not recapping. After the MA took her vacation and my use was done with them, I was fired for many factors that were beyond me. At the same time, I had to listen to a doctor speak horribly of one of his transgender patients, which hit very close to home for me.
Pros
I wouldn't recommend ARC for employment, there were no pro's
Productive workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 2, 2016
Austin Regional Clinic is a great place to work for although management can be difficult at times. It is very busy and correct paperwork must be given to patients at all times.
Excellent company! My husband and I moved out of state otherwise I would have never left.
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Excellent benefits, and they are always doing little things to show employee appreciation. Multiple shifts to choose from, multiple locations in and around Austin, TX. I had wonderful experience with all my supervisors, managers, and co-workers. The CEO came personally to my new hire orientation which spoke very highly of the company.
Pros
Benefits, employee appreciation, flexibility, and great people.
Cons
lower starting wages
Great palce reward us with latte at the office when we meet goals
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 25, 2016
The only reason I left arc was because I left out of the country but is a great place to work was my firts job as a medical assistant and they gave me the opportunity to grow as a medical assistant.
Pros
GOOD TRAINING, GOOD BENEFITS
Fast-paced, teamwork with co-workers
License Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Far WestOctober 25, 2015
Worked at several locations over the years. Fast-paced environment with very little downtime. Worked as a floor/triage nurse with some wonderful physicians who truly care for their patients. Co-workers were fantastic and consistently worked as a team.

Company is great, Be weary of certain locations
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  AustinAugust 31, 2015
The company was great, They have good benefits and compared to others in the area have decent pay. However watch which location you work in. A lot of backstabbing and sabotaging behind closed door. Make sure you mind your P's and Q's cause they will be quick to cover for some people and throw others under the bus. The CEO is great guy, HR is oblivious to what goes on in the clinics unless it directly affects them. Management is awful in some locations, they are all about them and the only time they have something to say is when they are pointing out mistakes. They promote people which clearly should not be promoted strictly because they know that person. I can tell you not all locations are the same because I had the pleasure of also working in an awesome one. I will advice that if you have an issue with something or someone, either take it directly to HR or if you don't hear anything back from them within a week, call them directly cause most likely they weren't even made aware of the issue.
benefits
Cons
Management in some of the locations
Enjoyed my job
HIM Tech ll (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 23, 2015
During my time with the company was great. I worked with a really great team at that time that made the job a place you want to be in. It was a very busy job but helped me learn and gain new strengths that I was able to apply in my future jobs. Was glad to have worked with a great team and great company.
Good place to grow and learn
Support Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 3, 2015
The management team tries to help each employee excel beyond current capabilities by providing training and mentoring. Mentors are assigned to ensure understanding, collaboration, and growth.
very positive atmosphere
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 12, 2014
Austin regional clinic focuses on great care of the needs of others. awesome team work in the whole clinic.
Pros
mon thru friday schedule
Cons
work all holidays
Productive with caring co-workers
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 4, 2014
I would get to work, clock in, log into my desk phone. Once logged in to all accounts, I would begin taking phone calls from patients who were either at a Doctor's appointment or had just scheduled an appointment. My task was to register their insurance information which meant that I would gather their policy number and verify that the insurance was active, load it to their patient account and include any co-pay amounts if applicable.
Great place to work.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 28, 2014
Working the pediatrics was a good experience. Providers and staff members work well together as a team.
Pros
lunches from vendors. friendly atmosphere
Cons
pay
n/a
Front Desk/Referrals (Former Employee) –  Austin,TXJune 25, 2014
The people I worked with where very nice and liked working there.
Great Company to Work For
Data Entry Abstractor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2014
I am treated with respect by everybody and shown a great amount of appreciation from doctors and nurses for what I do. My data entry job here has significantly reduced their workload and helped them out tremendously.
Busy bees
Medical Assistant /Liaison BAFB - Admin/Clinical (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 7, 2014
In all the time I worked for this company, I never saw anyway shy away from hard work. However, each professional status had its place and it was interesting when it came to teamwork. People had a hard time being cohesive and a team. When Bergstrom AFB needed a strong business to develop and provide a Champus Clinic, ARC met and exceeded their expectations. It was a great privilege to serve and take care of the families of those who serve our country.
Pros
high energy and great with patients.
Cons
it was all work and not about people so much.
Waste of time
Lvn (Former Employee) –  FarwestApril 26, 2014
Hiring proces will drag h through wringer & leave u hanging & hanging
Pros
as as nothing
Cons
nothing
Patient Services Coordinator-Full Time (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 15, 2014
I truly am enjoying working at ARC. The staff is great and really helpful. When you work here, it's all about the teamwork and gathering the knowledge to do better each and every day. Positive enviornment with great potential to grow.
fun place to work
Chart Order Guide (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 13, 2014
I am very dependable, focused, I worked well with peers and management to ensure the work was completed within compliance. I flex to different clinics if needed.
PSC and HIM Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin,TXApril 8, 2014
I love the experiences I have been given at ARC and everything that i have learned.
Loved working with different insurance carriers posting payments to accounts and appealing claims
ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 25, 2014
Busy days. Printed accounts from a big green monster printer and went through each account from the ledger paper. Loved the co-workers everyone helped each other. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the appealed claims. Most enjoyable is succeeding at the appeals.
Pros
winning appealed claims and managing patient accounts
Cons
short breaks, the big green monster printer.
professional work environment
Pediatric Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kyle, TXJanuary 14, 2014
ARC is by far the best place I have worked in my 14 years as a medical assistant.

Austin Regional Clinic Reviews by Location