Austin Travis County Integral Care Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging but very rewarding
Counselor/Case Manager - Bilingual/Spanish (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Requires a lot of documentation and timeliness
Many training opportunities
Opportunities to work on interdisciplinary teams
Group therapy with intellectually disabled deaf clients.
Developmental Disabilities Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day at work involved working with individual intellectually challenged deaf clients to teach them independent living skills such as cooking, cleaning, laundry, money management, exercising, etc.
The most difficult part of this job was maintaining smooth communication with the clients. This became difficult as they did not understand much sign language and could not read or write.
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking the clients shopping and to basketball games.
Enjoyed and gotten along with coworkers and am very productive worker
Service Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 10, 2015
Enjoyed challenges and worked closely with my supervisors and clients. Conducted meetings with providers and clients to assure the clients' needs and care are met in timely manner. Assisting clients was very satisfying and enjoyable.
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
No time for a break
Experienced, knowledgable staff
HCS Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 1, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is being a significant part of positive change in a client's life, no matter how long that may take. Difficulties surrounding the job are a lack of support systems for clients who very much need it. Changing requirements and/or needs from the organization can be challenging, but it is rewarding when the work gets done. Most members of management are very experienced and have been part of the industry for several years and are great resources to any staff members who need assistance with difficult situations.
Working with clients is great, management is terrible.
Crisis Services (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 27, 2015
Working at ATCIC you will be able to work with clients who are terribly underserved and provided services that are greatly needed. Just be aware that you will have to deal with inconsistent, micro managing supervisors. Be prepared to protect your license.
Pros
good benefits, good pay
Cons
poor management
Treated poorly
Tobacco Cessation Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 3, 2015
The agency runs with staggering inefficiency. Prolonged meetings, poor software, and limited supervision.

There has been pressure to expand workloads without improving electronic medical record software, laptops/tablets, or allow for efficient means of basic office supplies (printing, scanning, faxing, etc.)
Pros
Foot in the door of social work
Cons
Pay, hours, training, autonomy
Atcic
Facilities Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasFebruary 20, 2015
ATCIC is a great organization doing great work in Austin Texas!

Care, love and compassion is the mantra within this organization.

ATCIC provides a very valuable resource to both low and no income clients, in a warm caring first class environment.
Pros
organizational model
Cons
n/a
Great Company
Consultant Dietitian PRN (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Great company for consultants in the area looking for extra money and having meaningful work. Well organized service coordinators and team. Flexible hours.
Friendly Atmosphere
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2015
The administration and staff are friendly and make it possible for you to learn how to do your job easily.
A rewarding place to work.
Mail (CVM) Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 29, 2014
Enjoyed the personal satisfaction of the job and working for my boss.
Pros
personal satisfaction
Cons
not all people worked hard.
Energetic and Loud
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Little Rock ArJuly 28, 2014
Busy every day work load consisted of calling patients daily in different territories to suggest and take orders for their wound supply. I learned patients to take my time the elder are never in an hurry. My co-workers were great we fed off each others production. The hardest part of the job was testing on new wound care supply and having to pass. The most enjoyable was helping my customers get what they wanted.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
management mismanagement
Challenging and Rewarding Atmosphere
Mentor and Tutor (Current Employee) –  Travis CountyMarch 6, 2014
Working with youth in low-income communities is both challenging and rewarding. A typical day involves guiding these youth to improve their ability to function successfully in and outside of the home whether socially and/or behaviorally through modeling and providing life skills. This also includes connecting them with the community and accessible resources within their immediate surroundings.
From my experience in this field, I have learned how much of an impact social services provide these families and the importance of establishing a relationship between communities and schools.
My colleagues are great people to work with. They are friendly, caring and always willing to provide ways to improve services for our clients.
I enjoy every aspect of the job—from the tough moments when it seems like the youth are giving up to seeing them succeed. Every challenge ultimately becomes a reward in some shape or form.
Fast paced work with great people
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 9, 2014
As a Service Coordinator at Austin Travis County Integral Care, I manage a case of about 50 individuals with mental health or mental disabilities. I help these individuals gain access to community supports on a regular basis. I also act and serve as a neutral advocate during their placement in the medicaid waiver program call the Home Based Community Service Program (HCS). I regularly visit with my caseload at least once a month. I am usually always busy. I work with great people and assist my caseload in tackling many different life-altering scenarios. The greatest part of this job is providing some kind of meaningful assistance and help that can ease their life or situation. The hardest part of the job would have to be witnessing some of my clients that I serve suffer from their diagnoses, emotions, disabilities, and social stigmas. My co-workers and supervisors play a strong role in keeping me motivated to continue fighting and serving these individuals.
Pros
i get to create my own work schedule.
Cons
no salary pay
Intense and busy work environment
Financial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasSeptember 12, 2013
I start the day with printing the bank statement and entering the activity in a log. Then I prepare the daily cash items to be posted into MIP our accounting software. I have learned to work with Sage/MIP software for non-profits and Anasazi software for payroll and client services. Co-workers are great and brainstorm and share ideas and skills. It's really rewarding to work with the New Milestones Foundation and their cause raising funds for Austin Travis County Integral Care. NMF is focused on spreading the message to enlighten people about mental health and services available plus overcoming the stigma about mental illness.
Pros
working with the board of directors on new milestones foundation
Cons
no breaks
Great company to work for along with exceptional leadership
Supervisor/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 30, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of the day-to -day operations of a treatment center. I learned how to effectively assist and understand the needs of people seeking recovery from addiction and mental illness. The management team were very supportive of staff and my co-workers were fun, eager to learn, and enjoyed their work. The hardest part of the job was engaging with clients to attend treatment and meeting productivity. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the clients and staff activities.
Not enough employees to represent client population
Rehabilitation Specialist Care Management Services (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2013
500 Assigned clients created unmanageable work load. Communication among interdisciplinary team was ineffective.
Risk Management
Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 27, 2013
A typical day changes every day. No day is the same which makes the company and the job even more important to work for. The clients are what we serve but we provide the data in order to fund the clients. We track the trends of what is need and provide the resources for others to gain the funding.
Pros
free health insuance, flexability
Cons
growth with in the company and as a person
Overworked and Underpaid for most
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TxJanuary 14, 2013
The first thing to mention here is the high turnover that occurs with this agency. As social workers, one would expect to carry a high caseload and help individuals who cannot help themselves. With this stressful kind of work, it would be expected that these workers receive competitive compensation. This agency not only ignores the turnover, which is incredibly costly, not to mention the time that is taken out of a supervisors schedule to constantly be training and covering caseloads, but does nothing as far as incentive's or promotions to keep people interested in staying with the agency.

The agency is also top-heavy with all of the six figure bigwigs working out of one location filling their time with "meetings". They have little to no concern about the low morale within their agency or their division and expect the management to just somehow magically fix all of the issues without any guidance or mentoring.

The hardest part about the job is not having a supportive management structure that knows what is going on in my program. My boss knows nothing about my job.

The best part about this job are my co-workers who try, even with the little money that they make, to make a difference in the lives of their clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to teach my staff how to be self sufficient in the job.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management, little compensation, poor communication
Fun and rewarding work
Phlebotomist/Risk Reduction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 28, 2012
I like working here, I like my job as a phlebotomist, but many of the positions are grant funded which means the government could end your job anytime they want to. The benefits were excellent, out of close to 4 years I only got a raise once and it was not a substantial raise but I did notice a small increase in my paycheck. I have 4 kids, my supervisor was awesome in understanding that I am a mom and sometimes things happen (which I tried to not let them happen as often as I can). All in all, it was a good ride while it lasted, conferences, trainings, I got a lot out of working here.
Pros
hour lunches, benefits, travel compensation
Cons
grant funded, lucky if you get a raise, no over time
Busy and fun place to work.
Counseling Internship - 300 hrs (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 10, 2012
Everyone is friendly and enjoys working the population they serve.