Austin Travis County Integral Care Employee Reviews

They treat you well:)
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2017
My summary says it all, ATCIC treats you well. My boss Nicole Warren is and Angel! And everyone else who works there was nice and helpful. I wish I could have stayed on as a permanent employee and made a career of it.
Pros
Employees are well cared for
Cons
Fast paced at time
Good experience working with this agency
Bilingual Intensive Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin TxApril 8, 2017
Its a fun place to work if you are able to work under stress and be able to provide good patient services at all times. Any job with ATCIC requires good professional skills and people that have the heart to work with the less fortunate.
Dont expect much
Mental healthcare (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 14, 2017
The agency is decent to start at if you are new and needing hours. That said its not a place to learn genuinely good clinical care and only good for newbies as long as you don't presume that what you see is reflective off how things ought to be. The politics and the bureaucracy is suffocating.

Consider it a stepping stone. Nothing more. And always watch your back.
Pros
Adequate pay. Decent leave time
Cons
Disconnected upper management, Terrible middle management, Low morale, Rigid and punitive, They really dont value employee retention, its only about whats on paper and the image they protray, Period.
Unsupportive Environment
Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Poor communication between teams, lack of support between management, continuous issues with conflicting, constantly changing ideas.
Hard work but rewarding
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 1, 2017
This job is hard work! However, there is a lot of flexibility with your hours and scheduling. The program managers and teams are really supportive as well.
it's an ok place to work
Bilingual Case Manager (Former Employee) –  south clinicJanuary 31, 2017
This company like all others is about money.
-If you are really into social work and/ or want/need to get your counseling hours, this is a good place for you.
-My title is case manger, but 90% of the time I just do paperwork. If the paperwork is updated, the agency gets paid.
-After 4 years in the agency, my main complain is management. believe me, a lot of us are tired of the management.
-I have 500+ clients on caseload. Unrealistic productivity demands. They will talk about productivity until you get sick of it.
-The main management is all about numbers and money, the more time you spend with client, the more they get paid.
-A person with a counseling degree, does not mean is good at management. All management is full of people with counseling degrees, so the management at this agency sucks.
-CEO removed summer and Christmas bonus, but gave himself a raise, because he works too hard (according to him)
-Not a lot of opportunities to grow within agency unless you have your license.
-Why people stay here? because of benefits, they do have good benefits.
-There is not security at all in the buildings. I think they are waiting for an employee to get hurt in order to get security. The population we work with can be aggressive.
benefits
atcic intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 30, 2017
I was not a paid employee, I was an intern and completed my practicum at one of there many locations. Great place to gain experience and skills in addiction, mental health, and community/social services.
Great First Stop
Psychosocial Rehabilitative Specialist (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2016
Will give you great exposure as a new graduate, but doesn't provide very many growth opportunities. Additionally, the organization is very top heavy, and driven by dollars rather than by client's experience.
it was a great place to work and be part of a wonderful team.
Administrative Assistant, Bilingual (Spanish) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78704October 7, 2016
I really enjoyed the years I worked with ATCIC. I was sad when our unit phased out, but I know that changes happen and we must continue to strive to do the best we can in the coming future.
Great experience
HCS Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2016
I had a really decent experience working here. Some days were very challenging between getting day-to-day work done and managing other crises with organizations that I worked with.
Work Review
Admin Tech (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 9, 2016
Good place to work, benefits are great also recommend to anyone looking for a job in Mental Health, company is growing a lot thru Travis County Area
Challenging but very rewarding
Counselor/Case Manager - Bilingual/Spanish (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Requires a lot of documentation and timeliness
Many training opportunities
Opportunities to work on interdisciplinary teams
Group therapy with intellectually disabled deaf clients.
Developmental Disabilities Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day at work involved working with individual intellectually challenged deaf clients to teach them independent living skills such as cooking, cleaning, laundry, money management, exercising, etc.
The most difficult part of this job was maintaining smooth communication with the clients. This became difficult as they did not understand much sign language and could not read or write.
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking the clients shopping and to basketball games.
Enjoyed and gotten along with coworkers and am very productive worker
Service Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 10, 2015
Enjoyed challenges and worked closely with my supervisors and clients. Conducted meetings with providers and clients to assure the clients' needs and care are met in timely manner. Assisting clients was very satisfying and enjoyable.
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
No time for a break
Experienced, knowledgable staff
HCS Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 1, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is being a significant part of positive change in a client's life, no matter how long that may take. Difficulties surrounding the job are a lack of support systems for clients who very much need it. Changing requirements and/or needs from the organization can be challenging, but it is rewarding when the work gets done. Most members of management are very experienced and have been part of the industry for several years and are great resources to any staff members who need assistance with difficult situations.
Working with clients is great, management is terrible.
Crisis Services (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 27, 2015
Working at ATCIC you will be able to work with clients who are terribly underserved and provided services that are greatly needed. Just be aware that you will have to deal with inconsistent, micro managing supervisors. Be prepared to protect your license.
Pros
good benefits, good pay
Cons
poor management
Treated poorly
Tobacco Cessation Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 3, 2015
The agency runs with staggering inefficiency. Prolonged meetings, poor software, and limited supervision.

There has been pressure to expand workloads without improving electronic medical record software, laptops/tablets, or allow for efficient means of basic office supplies (printing, scanning, faxing, etc.)
Pros
Foot in the door of social work
Cons
Pay, hours, training, autonomy
Atcic
Facilities Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasFebruary 20, 2015
ATCIC is a great organization doing great work in Austin Texas!

Care, love and compassion is the mantra within this organization.

ATCIC provides a very valuable resource to both low and no income clients, in a warm caring first class environment.
Pros
Organizational Model
Cons
N/a
Great Company
Consultant Dietitian PRN (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Great company for consultants in the area looking for extra money and having meaningful work. Well organized service coordinators and team. Flexible hours.
Friendly Atmosphere
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2015
The administration and staff are friendly and make it possible for you to learn how to do your job easily.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Austin Travis County Integral Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Austin Travis County Integral Care Reviews by Location