Austin Employee Reviews

Productive days make the time fly
Customer Service Randall's (Former Employee) –  austin txMarch 11, 2017
A typical day consists of printing out the price changes that needed to occur for the day on whatever items needed it. Or you could be called to a register to take care of customers in the store.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
work overnights some days
UT System
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Great state agency, great people to work with, overall a wonderful experience. Growth is encouraged and supported. Management is great.
Good experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 13, 2016
It was one of my most valuable memory. I got to work with many students for an entire month. Before going to the schools, I went through a three day training in Beijing along with other volunteers. At the school, me and my team planned reading activities and revamped their library interior.
Productive and Interesting
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 28, 2016
Continued to utilize long term relationships in both private and public sector. Statewide traveling, C level meetings, various cross trade introductions
Quick move and the focus
Q C TECH-MAIN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 8, 2016
The work in the company was easey just we spend long time every day but i enjoyed the work special withe another people . this work need quick move and the focus
Training was lacking.
Volunteer Coordinator - Interim Hospice (Former Employee) –  South Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2016
The company was not consistent in what they delivered to their staff.
The training was not there. Every company has different ways and procedures, I was told one thing but it never was produced.
Pros
location
Cons
Lack of integrity
Great Place to work
Medic (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 4, 2015
Austin offers the best opportunity in the nation for Paramedics to become some of the best medical providers in the country
benefits
Cons
work load
Volatile Management
Payroll/Bookkeeper/Assisted Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MINovember 3, 2015
Most of the people you work with are cordial. There is a definite "class" difference between the "professional" and "payroll/bookkeeping" departments. They strive for a team workplace yet the department split can be very distinctive, divisive and degrading. The work is satisfying as long as you don't need any training. There has been a large turnover in the last 3-4 years and the trend seems to be continuing. There were definitely some perks such as 3 weeks of vacation the first year and every other Friday off during the summer. The bookkeeping staff has to work 4-10's to get the Friday off though.
Pros
Excellent vacation package.
Cons
Little to no training provided.
understaffed and overworked
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 28, 2015
Although the pay was good, I felt this office was poorly managed and way understaffed. We handled commercial insurance defense dealing with multimillion dollar cases, which at times had multiple defendants. It was very unorganized causing undue stress and much wasted time. There were only two secretaries/legal assistants who handled all files doing everything, including opening files, sending out and responding to discovery, scheduling, retaining experts, trial preparation, etc. There was no file clerk or additional support staff to handle non billable administrative duties such as opening new files, mailing, copies, closing files etc. The mail would sit in the senior partner's office for a month at a time until it was reviewed by him and billed for. This made it difficult to keep files up to date with current documents. Much wasted time was spent searching for documents that were needed for upcoming hearings, mediations and trials. Long hours were spent working through lunches, coming in early, staying late and working on weekends to keep up with demand.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poorly managed, understaffed and overworked
A good place to work.
Inspector VI (Former Employee) –  Austin., TXJuly 6, 2015
The work was challenging but the driving was tedious. There was an air of favoritism within the branches. I heard many times from my coworkers that I would not understand something because I was white. When I would report others for not doing their job correctly nothing was ever done about their errant ways. Overall it is a good place to work knowing what the mission of the company is.
Weaknesses
Weaknesses (Current Employee) –  WeaknessesJune 1, 2015
Weaknesses
1) I like to provide people with what they need but I can get flustered when put ‘on the spot’ when unsure of an answer but have learned that I don’t necessarily need to have an answer immediately.

2) It’s sometimes difficult to hear criticism, but I’ve learned to value and solicit this input and it has improved my performance and work relationships.

3) I can take work a bit too seriously, working through lunch, not taking breaks, which can affect my stress level and can be counterproductive but I am working on taking minibreaks, interacting
We loaded railcars and tanker trucks.Great Management Team and coworkers.
chemical bulk loader (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 26, 2015
I would check my data base to make sure all tanks were certified and ready to be off-loaded into rail cars or trucks.We brought samples of product to the Lab to make sure the chemicals met the right specification before being offloaded. Learned about Safety,Punctuality and People Skills.
Pros
Benefits and Salary
Good Company with poor management in the local office
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin,TXMarch 30, 2015
Current manager is unaware of the overall operations and how to acomplish company goals.

I have learned a lot about the Home Health business and government requirements.

The hardest part of my job is being able to complete a task without constant interuptions and being taken off task by the manager.
Good job
Boiler Maker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2015
This is a good just kept me busy for awhile. they would always have short terms jobs and pay pretty good. Got to meet new people and gain mored experience in Boiler making
Pros
Pay good
Cons
Short term job
Fun but several flaws
Stylist (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 7, 2015
Definately a place where advancement can take years, but you learn a lot about the retail culture and that they will work you to the bone and give no good job or that was great. They are a good start out job but other places are better about wages and giving you time off when needed
Pros
Good Clothing discount
Cons
No work, life, balance and mgrs dont care about employees
Great and Fulfilling Place to Work
CLEAResult Program Consultant (Former Employee) –  AustinFebruary 9, 2015
What a wonderful company and culture. Focused on saving demand-side energy, you are a consultant for utility companies. Driven and successful managers, friendly and smart employees all around.
Pros
Austin
Very good company
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  TXFebruary 2, 2015
They take care of their employes. Benefits are very good. Employed owned. Wages could be better. Training is at a minimum. Supervisors are expected to perform miracles, which can be done.
Fun environment, great people
Homemaker (Current Employee) –  Leander, TXDecember 26, 2014
great place to work, they really cared about their employees and always supported us and helped us grow as people and as employees.
Wouldn't go back
Dispatch Communications Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin TxSeptember 15, 2014
Bad management, didn't pay on time. Long hours. And not steady of work it can get very slow at times
productive
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2014
I loved working with the patient, being able to see the progress and how therapy worked fir her

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Austin. Our community is ready to answer.