Autism Home Support Employee Reviews

Look elsewhere...
Care Team Member (Former Employee) –  Northwest suburbsNovember 28, 2017
Not competitive pay, poor communication among staff and supervisors, poor training and little support from BCBAs and supervisors. The therapists and line staff work long hours with little to no breaks and feel as they are just a number in this large company. I do not have high hopes for the future of AHSS and would recommend somewhere else if you truly want to grow and learn in the field of ABA.
Pros
kids you work with
Cons
long hours, poor communication, low pay
The problem is the state budget, not the agency
Autism Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2017
The work environment gives a lot of freedom and graciously encourages education which is nice. There are opportunities for advancement though the environment is a little clique-y.
Overall
Care Team Member (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 7, 2016
I love working for this company! The team I work with has excellent communication skills, and is always available when needed. This is the most rewarding job. I love to see the children we work with improve in their life-skills day-by-day, and I have grown close to the kids and families we have the honor of teaching.
Great team work
Care Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, ILMay 9, 2016
This company is great with working with flexible scheduling. The only issue I had is that families cancelled and then scheduling make ups and not getting paid made the pay variable during the holidays and spring breaks.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Money is not consistent
Great Mission and Work Environment!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILApril 25, 2016
I have been with AHSS for less then a year. The culture is friendly, everyone is valued, great sense of teamwork. Training was good, there is a lot to learn. I love the mission and the purpose of AHSS.
Pros
Great leadership, flexible work schedule, happy team members!
Great place to work!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILMarch 10, 2016
I have been working for AHSS for 2 years. The company culture and support provided by management make this place a great place to work! I enjoy the work-life balance and flexibility.. I highly recommend AHSS for your next career.
Pros
Work-Life balance, flexibility, culture
Supportive and Collaborative
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 17, 2016
I have worked at AHSS for 3.5 years, and they work hards toward their mission of helping children with Autism.
Very supportive of their employees, in terms of life/work balance, and invest in their people, through professional development on every level.
I feel comfortable going to anyone on the senior team, as well as feel supported. Really enjoy working here!
Pros
Work/Life balance, creative teams, resources, and competitive pay
Great Culture AND Great mission!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2016
I have been working for Autism Home Support Services for 2 years. From the company culture to work/life balance I have been well supported here. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing my work is helping families in need. There was a learning curve starting out, but I had the drive and desire to learn as much as possible about Autism. I feel well supported at AHSS and empowered to choose my career path here.
Pros
Work life balance- Largest in home provider of ABA therapy in IL, MI and CO- Provide support for children with ASD across multiple disciplines
Dont bother applying
Dsm (Former Employee) –  IlJanuary 24, 2016
They aren't honest about what they expect from employees. They advertise the company as having flexible work hours. It's part time which is exactly what I was looking for as I have certain days I couldn't work. I was told it was not a problem until all the sudden it was and that I don't have a high enough level of commitment to clients. If you don't have a flexible schedule to go to all their trainings whenever and wherever they want skip this.
Don't Waste Your Time
Care Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2016
This company is nothing but unorganized and careless. They hire incredibly unqualified people, and provide sub-par services to their clients. There's a high turnover rate FOR A REASON. The administrative office is very rude to employees, there's very much a totem pole at this company, and unless you're a BCBA, you're at the bottom. I've referred multiple people to this company and ALL of them quit.
Fantastic company to work for, exceptionally skilled co-workers, wonderful work environment!
Lead Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MINovember 11, 2015
All employees start out as part time, and get consistent reviews at the 1,2, and 3 month mark. Most employees get offered a full time position! I am currently still employed here and love working for this company great communication from top to bottom! The most enjoyable part of my job are the families I get to work with and my wonderful supportive co-workers. Fantastic place to work!
Pros
Great benefits, Pto, work-personal life balance
Best Company I have worked for!
Lead Behavior Technician/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 7, 2015
I worked with AHSS for 9 months, when they first began in Michigan. I absolutely loved working for the company. They truly believed in helping the clients, and always put the Behavior Therapists (BTs) and Clients first! Not only that, they actually listened to the needs and wants to the BTs and clients. I felt like I was making a big difference at AHSS. The BCBAs are by far the best I have ever worked with, and I learned so much working under the Lead BCBA! They are a great company to work for if you need supervision too. The CEO, VP, Founder are all amazing people, who truly believe in the company, and believe in those who work in the company as well. Very approachable supervisors. They have Core Values, that they truly exemplify throughout the company.

BCBAs no need to worry about schedules, billing, HR issues, tech problems, etc. They have directors in all those areas to make it so you focus 100% just on the clinical aspect!

Unfortunately I needed to move to be closer to my own family, but I am hoping they soon will move their location into the Hawaii area!! (Insurance Reform did just pass!!!)
Pros
great pay, great management, awesome benefits, fun work place, supportive, professional development
Cons
not located nation wide yet!
In home Therapist
Behavior Therapist/ Care Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2015
I am able to work in a home as a behavior therapist, I have direct supervision by a BCBA, and am provided with adequate resources to do my job effectively.
Pros
Flexiable schedule
Enticing to work for....
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 6, 2015
A great company that expanded to michigan. They pay well, and offer "great benefits". Problems is no support with difficult clients, and bcba's who have very little experience.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad support for difficult clients, aka none.
Awesome
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 26, 2015
You provide awesome children with great learning experiences
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
hard to build 40 hours quickly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autism Home Support. Our community is ready to answer.

Autism Home Support Reviews by Location