Autism Learning Partners Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Very laid back
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Very good training that can be used at any other job in the field
Teams works with your availability and the number of hours you desire. You can work as little or as much that fits your life
Pros
Little paperwork
Cons
Not paid for mileage
BT new to ABA services
Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 11, 2017
I am new to this field and still in training.
The company is great so far. Really nice all the employees. Professional. In office training was good and helpful. Have 40hrs online training. Have good comps.
Pros
comps, Pt, hours, schedule
Cons
Pt, schedule, new to field
Great leadership and team management
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 29, 2017
I loved my supervisor, clinical director and coworkers! there is plenty of support from the company, so i never felt that I was tackling challenges and questions by myself. Great work environment for a very challening job.
Pros
paid time off, opportunity to move up
Cons
unpredictable clients! but that is the nature of the job. sudden schedule changes
HR Management was Horrible!
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 20, 2017
I decided to work for this company because I got a degree in the field. The first week I worked there i could see it was very unprofessional. The HR director was very rude to employees and frequently used profanity. I would not recommend this hostile environment to anyone. Stay clear!
Rewarding workplace
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 14, 2017
• Responsible for gathering all behavioral data and submitting a daily report to management
• Create activities that would help maintain and work towards individual goals
• Provide therapy techniques by focusing on increasing communication, social and daily living skills
• Work in client homes and community to achieve a greater independence
Very disorganized for such a large corporation
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 29, 2017
Understaffed, and disorganized. Each office location runs not in sync. The headquarters staff have great ambitions but the further you get from their location the less seamless the runs
Pros
Part time, easy work, paid training
Cons
Low full time staff, most positions are pt, benefits are good if you can get enough hours to obtain them
Great company!
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 22, 2017
I started working for ALP a year ago and have been placed with amazing families! I will be sad to leave when the time comes! The supervisors are always helpful and only a call/text/email away, they're all very accessible. ALP places you with clients in the area you live in or very close to it. They even offer extra hours when other therapists cannot complete their hours.
Pros
All management is very prompt with responding.
Cons
Using a website for data collection, and needing to use your own personal device.
Disorganized management
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 15, 2017
Autism Learning Partners is a good company with good intentions. However, in the past few years their goals are becoming unclear and it shows. Clients are bored at the program and so are their staff members. More structure and organization is needed. Other than the occasional boring day here and there it is a great place to work part-time.
Pros
Kids really appreciate you
Cons
Sometimes employees ignore client's needs
Autism Learning Partners
BEHAVIORAL TECHNICIAN 2 (Current Employee) –  Arcata, CAJune 5, 2017
One-on-one sessions. Had the opportunity to train while supervised and track my performance. Everytime my supervisor came to sessions, I left with a reflection of my work ability. Favorite part was to see the child make progress in their programs.
Pros
Supervision, Training, on-one-one, community, support
Cons
Part time
Great Team
Registered Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 8, 2017
Management is spectacular! Very efficient and easy communicating methods throughout the company. Everyone is a phone call away. They are great with scheduling and appointments.
Encouraging and Supportive Work!
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2017
I love that I've been able to grow with this company. I started out in the introductory position and now am a program supervisor. I feel supported when I have questions and the director is sensitive to my professional development.
Pros
Regular meetings with supervisors, open communication, BCBA support, and growth opportunities
Cons
The drive and late sessions
BT (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 7, 2017
I feel like the company really takes into account where you want to go with your career and will help you get there.
Entry level you may not get as many hours as you want however they are good to accommodate for those who want them.
Your supervisors are always available to talk to you,
I have a lot of fun working with the kids and watchign the grow.
You do drive a lot
Pros
working with kids, paid drive time, good benefits
Wonderful staff and supportive environment
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CAJanuary 31, 2017
The company is consistently working on ways to improve the services that they provide based on employee and client feedback. They are supportive of school schedules and personal needs. CLC (division of ALP) is one of the best companies in OC! They work closely across disciplines and allow families to receive the best continuity of care. CLC has opportunities for growth and development for all staff. Competitive salaries and flexible hours
Pros
Flexible, open to feedback, fun, supportive, collaborative, opportunity for growth, and excellent quality
Cons
Need to be flexible and adaptable
Challenging and Supportive work environment
SLPA (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CaliforniaJanuary 30, 2017
I've been with Children's Learning Connection a partner of ALS for over 10 years.I love the work environment here, the culture here encourages employees to develop our skills and offers a supportive environment to do so. Work in pediatrics is often challenging but seeing our clients and in turn their families have the opportunity at a better quality of life because of the skills that we have taught them is the most rewarding part of the job.
Pros
Accessible Directors and Supervisors
Cons
Inconsistent work hours for part time staff
Work culture and collaboration are strengths at Children's Learning Connection
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Children's Learning Connection, FV & Laguna HillsJanuary 27, 2017
This review is for Children's Learning Connection. I've worked as an SLP there for over 10 years.

Strengths: work culture (all clinicians get along and truly, genuinely care about the patients that come through the doors); great collaboration opportunities (there are BCBA-BT-OT-PT-SLP-SLPA staff all under the same roof); great opportunity for speech therapy staff to learn behavior strategies (which improves the overall quality of speech therapy sessions).

Most challenging part of the job: Private practice clinic expectations (treatment hours per week; client service level) are different than other settings so it can be a major adjustment for someone coming from another setting~
Pros
work culture; interdisciplinary collaboration
One word... Flexibility
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Working at ALP has been a whirlwind experience. When I first started, it was not as pleasant, but in the last two years and with a new CEO, there has been a huge turn-around! The pay could be better, but the flexibility you receive with this job, creates a great work/life balance that I would not trade. Management has been very accommodating with requests, which makes my life easier. The people I work with directly are fantastic and I have made friends that will last a lifetime!
Pros
flexible schedule, co-workers
Cons
pay
So Nice Working for a Company that Cares!
Client Services (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 26, 2017
I have worked with ALP and partner companies for over 7 years now, and have always loved the work ethic of this company. We actually want to make a difference in the lives of children and their families who have different capabilities and diagnoses. Our mission is to provide hope for our families, and this is what is clung to, in every management meeting. It feels wonderful to represent a company that truly cares and tries to make policies that reflect this ethic.

You will also have the best co-workers that you can ask for! I've made friends for life!
Pros
job security, good work environment
Cons
takes hard work
Heart and Patience
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 18, 2017
You'll need a lot of patience to make it here.

Some days are easy, most days are rough.

Management is okay, relying on emails not the best way to stay in contact.

Jumping through phone calls to get things done is tough.

Make sure you have the time to drive, plan and patience for all the work ahead.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Travel, healthcare
Rewarding Position, Abysmal Office Staff and Hours
Applied Behavioral Therapist/Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 29, 2016
Working at ALP was a great experience personally. The clients are fantastic young boys and girls with a wide range of backgrounds and capabilities. They are by far, the best part of the job. Getting to interact with them and get to know them on a daily basis was life-changing and forming a bond with them was the most rewarding aspect of the job. But the office staff are completely indifferent to complaints and concerns. Regularly ignoring my requests for increased caseload and replacement cases my scheduler and her supervisors were the sole reason for my exit from the company. The hours given to you vary and are altered or reassigned on a whim. You are given little notice and even as you gain experience hours are rarely ever given to you by the office. Repeated requests for more cases and hours are routinely ignored.
Pros
Clients, Impact on QOL of the client, Flexibility
Cons
Office Staff, Communication, Hours, Pay
Challenging and Interesting Work
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CANovember 23, 2016
Autism Learning Partners is an amazing place to work if you enjoy psychology and teaching. It will keep you on your toes, everyday is new, it is a great challenge, you have to have great problem solving skills, and be very adaptable and creative! The most enjoyable parts of the job are that the schedules can be flexible, and it exemplifies autonomy. You get to create the teaching style and area however you want, as long as you get the goals done!
Pros
Playing and having fun with children
Cons
Stress, constant problem solving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autism Learning Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

Autism Learning Partners Reviews by Location