Autism Services Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Poorly managed. Much turnover. Not worth the stress
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 21, 2016
While I truly enjoyed working with the DD population, the management at Autism Services was lacking. There was no support, much backstabbing and the constant need to look over your shoulder. All of the hostility made it very difficult to do ones job effectively. Pay was minimal, work load was excessive and stress was not worth it. People were constantly investigated. There was a lot of favoritism. If you "played the game" you were amongst the few that were treated well. Unfortunately to play the game you had to compromise your morals. It was a sinking ship and I'm glad I jumped before drowning.
Pros
Working with DD population
Cons
Everything else
The worst place I have ever, ever worked at!
Residential Program Administrator/Site Manager (Former Employee) –  WilliamsvilleSeptember 10, 2013
Such a negative, one sided, horrible environment I cannot put it all into words. There are simply no words... Employees are not treated well or fairly. It is SO micro-managed!! If you have thoughts or ideas of your own do not bring them to this place because nobody will listen or care. I worked there for a very long time, and yes I was promoted several times, but it was because I played the game! The name of the game is the powers that be, way up at the top, are always right and know it all.
Pros
generous pto
Cons
everything else, other than generous pto
teacher
teacher (Former Employee) –  williamsville NYMarch 2, 2013
not a good place to work--very close minded, poor lower management although upper management appears to be good. Jealousy between higher staff and lower staff and false accusation of abuse appear often due to the lower staff and the need to feel empowered.

The human resource team is good, upper management is good and the children are wonderful but not worth it due to the stress and mismanagement of the lower staff. I would not recommend this facility.
Pros
good director of the program/ and the children
Cons
low pay, stressful job, false accusation of abuse often and close minded
group home with 6 clients with autism patients
In-Home Aide (Former Employee) –  Raleigh NcMarch 5, 2015
Autism services is for helping the Patients with disability with autism ...you have your high functions and lows.i make sure they reach new goals and also learn how to be independent. I cook for them and help them wash their clothes and learn how to make there beds,all the thing they still do with a normal life ...i enjoy working with them.
Potential to be a fun work place
Habilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 1, 2012
I feel there should be more room for advancement based on your education, skills and abilities for work with the population. Also there should not be favortisim amoust your peers I feel that is why allot of people do not get to advance......
Pros
community activities
Cons
not enough time spent in community