Autism Society Of North Carolina Employee Reviews

Awesome workforce
Autism Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 21, 2017
Great place to work. enjoyed being around clients and co workers not a hard job but requires abundance of patience. would recommend to any eligible to apply. employment process is short and easy.
Great teaching/ learning environment
Community Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 18, 2017
The company does a great job of ensuring staff are educated and knowledgeable before entering the community to work with individuals with special needs.
Excellent!!
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Newport, NCJuly 8, 2017
I love working for this nonprofit!! The experience has taught me many different aspects of Autism as well as ways to improve my communication all across the board!! The job is rewarding especially when those you work with succeed in something you've been working on!
Respected in the mental health field
Employment support instructor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville North CarolinaJune 17, 2017
No benefits to hourly workers or bonuses. Autism Society does not promote from within staff qualified is available Autism Society of North Carolina has proven the agency market competitive in the mental health market.
Pros
The ability to help special-needs persons find and obtain gainful employment
Cons
Limited room for advancement as an hourly labor
Loved it
Personal Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2017
Great people and environment besides the girls stealing my sales. I loved it and would for refer the place as a retail job for anyone looking for a fun,exciting,girly job
Energetic work environment
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Moncure, NCMay 1, 2017
I felt privileged to be working with individuals with disabilities and was nervous considering this was my first job and I had no experience. They trained us on the basics and we had been given our tasks. I was given a camper and I talked with his parents to get important extra needed information before they left. The whole week we did activities and made sure our campers were involved. Then at the end of the week we all made an award for our camper and presented it to them during the last day where the parents would come. It was a great experience I very much needed.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, housing. Experience with camper and teamwork
Admin
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport, NCApril 10, 2017
Absolutely loved working here. The only reason I had to quit was because my husband and I were relocating. The atmosphere was wonderful and I loved all of my coworkers.
Great, Fun place to work
Community Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 5, 2017
I worked at the Autism Society for 3 years and loved every minute of it. I enjoyed working with the clients and their families on a day to day basis and being included in helping autistic adults integrate with the rest of society.
Fun place to work with fun co-workers!
Music and motion director (Current Employee) –  Newport, NCMarch 29, 2017
While working for the social recreation program at the Newport Austism Society of North Carolina I have acquired adequate skills to work with children with autism. Through the learning process I have learned patience and a better understanding of children with autism. I have adapted to handling difficult situations. Mostly I have learned to see the world differently and for that I am thankful.
Mission Driven Company - Great Place To Work
Social Recreation Services (Current Employee) –  Social Recreation ServicesJanuary 5, 2017
I have worked for this company for nearly 20 years and it is my great pleasure to get to serve the individuals/families that we serve. I admire and respect my coworkers greatly, they are dedicated, talented, hard working and high quality people. Our management team is top-notch and is truly focused on our mission every day. The best part of my job is having the opportunity to make a difference in other's lives.
Pros
Collaborative Community, Mission Driven Work
Cons
No big cons to report
Making a difference in the lives of individuals with autism
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Main office - RaleighJanuary 5, 2017
The Autism Society is a great place to work! The entire organization is focused on helping those with autism, regardless of the department.

Working at a non-profit is refreshing after working in the for-profit world. I feel my efforts really matter and benefit some of the most vulnerable citizens of our community rather than going towards making money for investors.

That motivation is evident is all departments. We are clear on our goals and everyone pulls their weight. This is not an organization for slackers.

The atmosphere is laid back, but professional (casual Fridays!). The work-life balance is important to management and ASNC puts people first - not just our clients - but the employees as well.

Management has an open-door policy and all levels of management are very approachable and listen to the concerns of the employees.

Truly, ASNC is the best place I have worked in my 20+ years.
Pros
Flexibility, atmosphere, advancement, paid holidays
Cons
Our healthcare benefits are not as good as some other companies
productive fun workplace with great staff and clients
Resident Instructor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 12, 2016
I loved the job I.e the clients, the management, and my coworkers! This job was great, it just didn't fit my schedule for my five year old starting kindergarten this year as well as childcare needs for my two younger children.
I Loved Working Here
Community Service Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCNovember 1, 2016
I truly enjoyed my job working with the Autism Society. My supervisor was great, the pay was great, the hours were just what I needed for my situation at the time. It was very easy to set your own schedule as long as you met the required hours needed to work that week, you were free to work on the days when you chose. However, your workday was also very dependent on the parent. For instance, if the parent wanted to take the children somewhere that evening, you now had to change you schedule to a different day, or come work in the morning if that was an option. I loved my student and he loved me. We still keep in touch.
A great place to work
Director of Advocacy (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 14, 2016
The Autism Society of North Carolina is dedicated to their mission of serving people on the autism spectrum and their families. They have high ethical standards, are constantly working to improve on the work they are doing, and listen to their employees.

I enjoy being able to make a difference for people and knowing my work matters to those we serve AND to the organization.

My co-workers are dedicated and hard-working. They are helpful, good humored, and believe in what they are doing.

As a non-profit health and direct care service provider, it can be a tough atmosphere to operate in, but ASNC puts its families, individuals and those who work with them first while still maintaining a sound fiscal outlook.
Pros
good mission, people, and management
Caring folks who are genuinely invested in their staff and stakeholders
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh NCOctober 12, 2016
I've had various roles during my time with ASNC and despite the usual challenges that are faced with some stakeholders/families that we provide services to, I can honestly say that I truly love my job. I have always felt supported and valued. Management is always ahead of the curve to meet staff's needs. Staff are treated fairly and have opportunities to have their voices heard. I wish benefits were a little better but, compared to some other direct care agencies, ASNC is much better. I like that the company is a non-profit and is genuinely invested in their staff and families. I admire and respect my coworkers and know that we are all committed to the greater good to helping individuals with autism and their families.
Pros
Co-workers, Job culture
benefits
Caring work group
Advocacy (Current Employee) –  NCOctober 10, 2016
In my role at ASNC, I interact with new families each and every day. I enjoy getting to know the families, helping them to problem solve their personal situations, and then providing them with possible community resources to meet their needs. The hardest part about my job, is that sometimes the resources to meet the needs of a family are too difficult for families to access (there may be a waiting list, there may be fees for a service, and/or the resource may not be conveniently located.) As a service provider, ASNC goes above and beyond other organizations by giving families access to our bookstore, Autism Resource Specialists, Chapter Groups, training workshops, Camp Royall, and more..
Pros
Making a positive difference in the lives of families, caring work group, and work independently
Cons
compensation and advancements
Poor management, no policies,underpaid
Community Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 3, 2016
Very poor leadership, organization has no structure, policies or procedures. Supervisors lack knowledge and desire to seek answers. For this day and age, this organization is not progressive in their thinking or running of programs. If you are looking to make a difference in someone's life... do not work for the Autism Society of NC. There is a reason for the very high turn over.
Pros
Clients, co-workers
Cons
horrible benefits, lack of leadership, poorly run programs
Community Skills Instructor
Community Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 9, 2016
I assist individuals on the Autism Spectrum with life skills. Ensuring their safety and measuring the progress of their day.
Experience of a lifetime
Fellowship (Current Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCJuly 12, 2016
Could not ask for better feedback, management, culture, or purpose. I have never had a job where I truly felt I was making more of a difference than I did at Camp Royall
It is a great place to help people.
Community Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 5, 2016
I enjoy working at the autism society. I personally love to help people, and that is what you are primarily doing. It has very simple hours, and you can pretty much choose your clients. It is sometimes hard to find consistent clients. Pay is not that great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autism Society Of North Carolina. Our community is ready to answer.

Autism Society Of North Carolina Reviews by Location