Autism Speaks is the largest autism science and advocacy organization in the country, dedicated to funding biomedical research into the causes, prevention, treatment and cure for autism, and developing innovative new resources and services that enrich the lives of individuals with autism and their families.
We currently have a challenging and rewarding career opportunity available for an experienced Director, Field Development to raise money for Autism Speaks by organizing volunteers, soliciting corporate sponsors and donors, creating awareness, and implementing Walk Now for Autism events in Northeast Ohio. This position will be based in our office in Independence, Ohio and will report to the Senior Director, Field Development - Midwest.
The Director will have the following responsibilities:
- Achieve revenue goals for the Walk, Chefs event and other fundraising events in: Cleveland, Canton, Youngstown and surrounding areas of Northeast Ohio.
- Work with supervisor to establish and implement planning timelines, income goals and expense budget and participant recruitment strategies.
- Execute Walk Now for Autism Speaks in partnership with volunteer leadership, specifically managing Walk Committee recruitment and retention.
- Work to achieve Walk goals with regard to sponsorship, team recruitment and retention, media outreach, and a year-long communications plan.
- Locally implement global campaigns of Autism Speaks such as advocacy, national walk extensions, parents as partners, community outreach and chapter organization.
- Manage the Walk Now for Autism Speaks event including event logistics, data entry, acknowledgments, and materials management.
- Manage and provide administrative support to volunteer committees.
- Make presentations to businesses, organizations and community groups to recruit teams of walkers, and manage accounts on a year-round basis.
- Integrate social marketing initiatives, such as email blasts to volunteers, constituents and local community, creating fundraising websites primarily for the Walk, as well as other forms of social media outreach that will target potential walkers, donors and constituents who will help support the revenue goals.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Four years minimum fundraising experience with proven track record in events/walks required. Two years management experience and execution of special events, as well as, two years experience developing volunteers and staff. Must be able to work independently to implement fundraising and volunteer development plans. Proficiency in MS Office along with database knowledge; Raiser's Edge and/or Kintera preferred. Must have strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills; be highly organized and detail-oriented. Flexibility to travel and work nights and weekends pre-and-post Walk season/special events.
Autism Speaks offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and the opportunity to help create a brighter future for children with autism and their families. Candidate must be able to successfully pass a background check consisting of: credit, civil/criminal, salary and education verification, motor vehicle, references and drug screen.
Qualified applicants should click "Apply" to submit their resume with salary requirements.
No phone calls, please. Only those applicants who meet the hiring criteria will be considered and contacted by Human Resources.
Autism Speaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.