Autism Speaks is becoming one of the fastest growing non-profits in the country, dedicated to funding global biomedical research into the causes, prevention, treatment and cure for autism. We currently have an exciting career opportunity available for an experienced Senior Director, Field Development to manage walks and events in Westchester/Fairfield Counties. Won't you come join our dynamic fundraising team! This fundraising position is based in our New York City office.
The Senior Director, Field Development (Westchester/Fairfield counties) will raise money for Autism Speaks by organizing volunteers, soliciting sponsors and corporate teams, creating awareness and implementing Walk and other fundraising events in Westchester/Fairfield Counties.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Achieving revenue goals for Walks and fundraising events in Westchester/Fairfield, CT.
- Implementing events planning timelines, achieving revenue goals.
- Creating strategies for corporate sponsorship, team recruitment & retention, media outreach, kickoff events, etc.
- Making sponsor presentations to businesses, organizations & community groups.
- Managing social marketing (Facebook, Twitter, email blasts).
- Supervising the Manager and/or Coordinator, Field Development.
- Recruiting local volunteer participation in events, walks, logistics and administration.
- Managing budgets, timelines, database, event registration.
The qualified candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years fundraising experience with proven track record; minimum 2+ years of staff and volunteer management; and a minimum of 2+ years experience conducting fundraising special events, preferably Walk events. Experience recruiting and managing volunteers is preferred. Must possess excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, including: MS Office, Excel, Powerpoint; Raiser's Edge database skills preferred. Must have flexibility to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed.
Autism Speaks offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and the opportunity to help create a brighter future for children with autism and their families. Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check consisting of credit, mortgage, civil/criminal, motor vehicle, education/salary verification and drugscreen. EOE
Qualified applicants may email resumes with salary requirements.