Senior Director, Field Development
New York, NY
Autism Speaks is becoming one of the fastest growing non-profits in the country, dedicated to funding global biomedical research into the causes, prevention, treatment and cure for autism. We currently have a rewarding career opportunity available for an experienced Senior Director, Field Development to manage walks and fundraising events in Westchester/Fairfield Counties. Won't you please come join our dynamic fundraising team? This position may be home-based in Westchester or Connecticut, or located in our New York City office.
The Senior Director, Field Development (Westchester/Fairfield counties) will raise money for Autism Speaks by organizing volunteers, soliciting sponsors and corporate teams, creating awareness and implementing Walk and other fundraising events in Westchester/Fairfield Counties.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Achieving revenue goals for Walks and fundraising events in Westchester/Fairfield, CT.
- Implementing events planning timelines, achieving revenue goals.
- Creating strategies for corporate sponsorship, team recruitment & retention, media outreach kickoff events, etc.
- Giving sponsor presentations to businesses, organizations & community groups.
- Managing social marketing (Facebook, Twitter, email blasts).
- Supervising the Manager and/or Coordinator, Field Development.
- Recruiting local volunteer participation in events, walks, logistics and administration.
- Managing budgets, timelines, database, event registration.
The qualified candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years fundraising experience with proven track record; minimum 2+ years of staff and volunteer management; and a minimum of 2+ years experience conducting fundraising special events, preferably Walk events. Experience recruiting and managing volunteers is preferred. Must possess excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, including: MS Office, Excel, Powerpoint; Raiser's Edge database skills preferred. Must have flexibility to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed.
Autism Speaks offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and the opportunity to help create a brighter future for children with autism and their families. Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check consisting of credit, mortgage, civil/criminal, motor vehicle, education/salary verification and drugscreen. EOE
Qualified applicants should click "Apply" to submit their resume.