Autism Speaks Employee Reviews in United States

This is a GREAT opportunity to fight for someone who can't fight for themselves
Advocate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 21, 2016
Autism Speaks is a wonderful foundation That speaks for someone who is always labeled and no voice. These individuals have a tough time coping with their disabilities and an even worse time finding their place in the world. Giving the opportunity to speak and rally and represent those with no voice is the most exhilarating thing I could embark on as a human being.
Pros
Working with the most amazing people.
Cons
Getting people to understand
Autism Speaks
Data Entry Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90036June 30, 2016
Autism Speaks is a non-profit organization that raises awareness for Autism and helps to advocate for families affected by Autism. My title here was Data Coordinator and I was on a team of five to six in the Donations Department. Along with my Donations Manager, we were in charge of coding checks from walk events designed to raise money for the charity. After we received and coded checks and money donations, I along with others on my team entered these into a data entry system in order to credit the appropriate fundraising team and participant donating. I filed tax documents from major companies who matched donations. I called donors to confirm information. I was also in charge of keeping confident information for our donors which would often include celebrities as well. On a few occasions I would perform these duties on site at walk events in the area.
Pros
flexible hours, great team, benefits, pay
Productive/Fun Workplace
Call Center Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 14, 2016
• Manage Call Center Representatives for Community Development/Outreach
• Monitors all calls at high volume (incoming/outgoing). Calls include: Outreach to schools for Kids N’ Coins Campaign, Corporate Prospects, Business Cold Calls, Kick-Off Events, etc.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Invoices
Productive work experience
Intern (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 22, 2015
Making sure everything gets done. Phone calls, mail, filing folders, helping out at events. Being able to show people who have autism they are just like everyone else.
Pros
Good people, helping others, flexible scheduele
Cons
More of a challenge, more jobs to do, and more experience in other fields needed
Volunteer
Volunteer & Executive Committee Member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2015
Worked on multiple committees and loved it all. Wonderful organization to volunteer for. Great people with a great cause.
Work puts a strain on your body.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 19, 2015
Everyone is friendly and works as a team to get work done. everyone talks to each other, people walk up to you and start to get to know you while at the same time working fast and efficient.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
short breaks, no training
Productive and Educatonal
Leader, Planning Committee (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 31, 2015
Learned a great deal about autism and related disabilities (i.e., fundraising; grant writing opportunities). Held two music festivals for Autism Speaks and all proceeds were sent to them ($10K).
Pros
Wealth of information learned
Cons
Unable to speak a LIVE person.
An opportunity to make a difference in our worlds future
Media Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 7, 2014
I love working for this organization. I would love to get paid to do something that gives back the way I am able to do with volunteering for this company.
I spend my free time living my dream job. I help make a difference and if there is one day a cure found for this disease I can say I was a part of it. The majority of the people who work for this organization are volunteers. It truly touches me to see how many people care about our world and the people in it. Its something I enjoy doing and look forward to helping with each day.
The hardest part of the job is wishing I could afford to spend more time rallying for this company.
Pros
the feeling of satisfaction and self worth
Cons
unpaid
Working with families and providers of those affected by autism is a rewarding career.
Los Angeles Walk Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2013
As the number of those affected with autism continues to rise, the urgency to find causes and cures becomes more urgent. Working with families and service providers give a unique perspective into the challenges faced on a daily basis. A rewarding opportunity to fundraise to help find emotional and financial support.
Pros
met very authentic people with a common goal of finding solutions
Cons
could be emotionally challenging
Hard working enviroment in the Finance Department
Accounts Payable/Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 16, 2012
My day consist of data entry of Accounts Payable invoices and communicating with vendors on any problems.The processing of multi-state payroll for more than 200 employees. Answering questions on policy and procedures of the company.The hardest part of the job is working on multiple projects at one time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the vendors who depend on me to get there payment out the door. I learn something new on a daily basis.
Pros
6 weeks of vacation
Cons
lack of employment ooppoortunities
Flexible, Evolving and Fast-paced Environment with Culture of Compassion
National Director, Field and Chapter Development (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2012
Priority is to ensure the department I support and lead meets fundraising targets, executes national initiatives locally and recruits and develops talented volunteer leaders. Best practices are in development so constantly learning new ways to deliver and support results across diverse markets and skill sets within organization and communities.
Best part of the job is the people devoted to the mission, be it staff or volunteers.
Mid-size non profit with impressive amount of good programs and services for the autism community.
National Director, Team Up! (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2013
Dynamic and aggressive in its approach to fundraising and program delivery to the autism community. The employees are extremely hard working and passionate about the organization's mission. There is no better reward than interacting with constituents and seeing results in action.
Excellent company for parents that have children with disabilities
Receptionist/Donation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 19, 2013
Entered data for reports, production items, shipping, and inventory.
Maintained computerized inventory of all parts, supplies, and products.
Entered in all major, work give, general and matching gifts into Convio and Raisers Edge, scanning live checks to Bank of America.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
poor management
Fun workspace
Autism Speaks Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2015
Worked with people for doing data entry and faxing/mailing letters. Emailing and adding new clients and getting rid of old clients
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Regional Director, Central-West FL (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2014
I liked working with the volunteers and meeting their children. When I got a a full perspective of their family life, it was easier to advocate the importance of Autism Speaks mission to the the public.
Assisted in the logistics of the annual Boston-area fundraising walk
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 16, 2014
Augmented my understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder through population outreach and the immense support of the cause.
Productive, great experience
Event Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2014
learn how to plan events for a non profit organization. emailed companies for donation, and to be involved in our events.
Enjoyable Working Community
Regional Grant Review Committee Member (Current Employee) –  CADecember 25, 2013
Enjoy collaborating with individuals with knowledge about Autism Spectrum Disorder
very enjoyable volunteer oportunity.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 5, 2013
Work basically consisted of you being the "big brother/sister" of someone who is diagnosed with autism.
Great Volunteer Opportunity
Volunteer Walk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 11, 2014
Autism Speaks is a great place to work to raise autism awareness.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autism Speaks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3