Autism Speaks Employee Reviews

Really fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CASeptember 5, 2017
It was a quick gig for a pop up fundraiser. Everyone was sweet. The whole time I worked, it didn't even feel like working. Time passed by very quickly.
Great Place To WorK
Walk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2017
This was a great place to work! The team was dedicated to promoting Autism Awareness and helping families. It was wonderful to see the smiling faces of the children and families.
Pros
Worthy Cause
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMay 10, 2017
I love working with this orginization, every person that works and volunteers here does their job with a big smile. I cant find words to describe this work place.
Volunteers
National Director of Community Events (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 1, 2017
Working with the passionate volunteers at Autism Speaks, many of whom dealt daily with the challenges of a loved one on the Autism Spectrum, created a profound respect for what so many do to help those in need.
Freindly, busy, inclusive
Volunteer for Bike to the Beach (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 16, 2017
Bike to The Beach is a 100 mile bike race from D.C. to Delaware. It is an event funded by Autism Speaks. Since I was a volunteer, I reorganized merchandise, made phone calls to previous donors, and even helped with the marketing department. The atmosphere was friendly, but very busy. Our boss would even bring his dog to work, which made it less stressful and he also brought a an inclusive sense of membership.
Great Organization
Executive Assistant/Special Projects Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Autism Speaks Co-Founders, created this organization out of love, and it's amazing to see how many people around the world they have helped.
Pros
Very rewarding.
Cons
Some times not reaching the people that need help
Cochairman and Committee member
Active Member/Co-Chairperson Rochester (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 10, 2016
On April 2nd it is amazing how many people turn their lights blue in support of autism awareness day. Working with our committee is such a blessing. We all have our own strengths and work well together. We have a common goal and that is to help raise funds for research and grant projects to help create"tool kits" that can be used by families to help them through different challenges of raising an individual with autism. I feel fortunate enough to have three of my children take place in different research studies that have published data to help others The hardest and most enjoyable part of being on the committee is that on walk day, I have responsibilities and often don't get to see my family involved in the activities that are sensory friendly or highly enjoyable. I do get to network with others but in my heart my family is first.
Pros
There is a treatment center that our walk helps to fund services to the community
Cons
Fundraising is not easy, many different groups supporting autism, it is hard to hear the negative comments on an organization one supports
Autism Speaks
Data Entry Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90036June 30, 2016
Autism Speaks is a non-profit organization that raises awareness for Autism and helps to advocate for families affected by Autism. My title here was Data Coordinator and I was on a team of five to six in the Donations Department. Along with my Donations Manager, we were in charge of coding checks from walk events designed to raise money for the charity. After we received and coded checks and money donations, I along with others on my team entered these into a data entry system in order to credit the appropriate fundraising team and participant donating. I filed tax documents from major companies who matched donations. I called donors to confirm information. I was also in charge of keeping confident information for our donors which would often include celebrities as well. On a few occasions I would perform these duties on site at walk events in the area.
Pros
flexible hours, great team, benefits, pay
Productive/Fun Workplace
Call Center Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 14, 2016
• Manage Call Center Representatives for Community Development/Outreach
• Monitors all calls at high volume (incoming/outgoing). Calls include: Outreach to schools for Kids N’ Coins Campaign, Corporate Prospects, Business Cold Calls, Kick-Off Events, etc.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Invoices
This is a GREAT opportunity to fight for someone who can't fight for themselves
Advocate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 21, 2016
Autism Speaks is a wonderful foundation That speaks for someone who is always labeled and no voice. These individuals have a tough time coping with their disabilities and an even worse time finding their place in the world. Giving the opportunity to speak and rally and represent those with no voice is the most exhilarating thing I could embark on as a human being.
Pros
Working with the most amazing people.
Cons
Getting people to understand
Volunteer
Volunteer & Executive Committee Member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2015
Worked on multiple committees and loved it all. Wonderful organization to volunteer for. Great people with a great cause.
Productive work experience
Intern (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 22, 2015
Making sure everything gets done. Phone calls, mail, filing folders, helping out at events. Being able to show people who have autism they are just like everyone else.
Pros
Good people, helping others, flexible scheduele
Cons
More of a challenge, more jobs to do, and more experience in other fields needed
Work puts a strain on your body.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 19, 2015
Everyone is friendly and works as a team to get work done. everyone talks to each other, people walk up to you and start to get to know you while at the same time working fast and efficient.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
short breaks, no training
Productive and Educatonal
Leader, Planning Committee (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 31, 2015
Learned a great deal about autism and related disabilities (i.e., fundraising; grant writing opportunities). Held two music festivals for Autism Speaks and all proceeds were sent to them ($10K).
Pros
Wealth of information learned
Cons
Unable to speak a LIVE person.
Fun workspace
Autism Speaks Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2015
Worked with people for doing data entry and faxing/mailing letters. Emailing and adding new clients and getting rid of old clients
An opportunity to make a difference in our worlds future
Media Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 7, 2014
I love working for this organization. I would love to get paid to do something that gives back the way I am able to do with volunteering for this company.
I spend my free time living my dream job. I help make a difference and if there is one day a cure found for this disease I can say I was a part of it. The majority of the people who work for this organization are volunteers. It truly touches me to see how many people care about our world and the people in it. Its something I enjoy doing and look forward to helping with each day.
The hardest part of the job is wishing I could afford to spend more time rallying for this company.
Pros
The feeling of satisfaction and self worth
Cons
unpaid
Great Volunteer Opportunity
Volunteer Walk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 11, 2014
Autism Speaks is a great place to work to raise autism awareness.
Productive, great experience
Event Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2014
learn how to plan events for a non profit organization. emailed companies for donation, and to be involved in our events.
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Regional Director, Central-West FL (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2014
I liked working with the volunteers and meeting their children. When I got a a full perspective of their family life, it was easier to advocate the importance of Autism Speaks mission to the the public.
Assisted in the logistics of the annual Boston-area fundraising walk
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 16, 2014
Augmented my understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder through population outreach and the immense support of the cause.