Autism Spectrum Therapies Employee Reviews

Assistant
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 21, 2017
The work is very successful and well respected in the industry. The environment is good. You learn a lot about the industry. Much opportunity to grow if wanted.
Hard life work balance
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 1, 2017
The hours were okay if they could find you clients to work for. There was some very unnecessay rules. The families were awesome and it was an overall good experience. Hard to balance life and school and work due to working 8am-8pm Monday through Friday.
Operations Dept.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Territory Operations Manager does not provide too much support. Management does not micromanage, but is no where to be found when problems arise. The job can be very stressful, depending on what region you work in. The healthcare benefits are very expensive and the 401K is not the best. The hours are very flexible and the culture is great, everyone is nice and friendly. However, for the amount of work, the pay could be better!
Pros
Flexibility and Paid Time Off
Cons
Little support from management
good training for therapist but minimal hours of work
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 23, 2016
AST is a good working environment for gaining experience out in the field. Training is up to date and reliable.

Reliable benefits for employees
Pros
good training and field experience
Cons
Unreliable hours
Love it
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 15, 2016
As with any place of employment there are some cons but with AST it's worth it. We have great staff, great management and scheduling team. And our clients are the greatest.
Overall a good place to work
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 15, 2016
I feel the job itself is extremely stressful and very difficult at times.
The most frustrating part is getting cancellations and possibly not working. You just never know if you will be working a full day or not.
Depending on when they cancel you could not be paid for it which sucks! The hours are inconsistent and I feel it would be better of AST could pay you for the hours you are committed to whether you get cancellations or not.

Lots of driving hours too.
It can be a very rewarding job and you learn so much about Autism and how to better help children with it. The Supervisors are very good at teaching you and helping to support you.
The pay is decent too, $16.00 an hour.
Pros
Get an Ipad to take data, Good Supervisors, Rewarding Job
Cons
Inconsistent hours, No health inssurance, Difficult/Stressful Situations
Love the kids but hard to make a living
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 31, 2016
I loved all the kiddos I worked with here and was able to make a huge difference in some of their lives. This was an OK job out of college but do not stay in it too long unless you plan to move up into a supervisory role which requires a Master's. You will work very hard for your paycheck and it isn't much to get by on considering the cost of living in Los Angeles. I also had frequent gaps between clients, one time 3 hours unpaid. If you want to work with kids then this is a good starting job but not something you can maintain a living on.
Positive atmosphere, supportive colleagues
Advanced Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 28, 2016
For two years I worked at AST in New Orleans and absolutely loved it. I began working as a Behavior Interventionist and was promoted to Advanced Behavior Interventionist after a year once I began my ABA course work. Before I began working at AST I knew nothing about ABA. AST provided excellent training and supervision throughout my stay there. The entire staff is supportive and welcoming. It is a great place to work especially if you are interested in the field of ABA!!
Pros
Great Training, Supervision Experience
Cons
Varying Hours
Great people as individuals
HR Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 23, 2016
Great people as individuals. Some have some issues with not doing their job but others work hard.Working hard is the best to do when working their.
Pros
small office
Cons
too small
Flexible schedule and Rewarding work
Registered Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 15, 2016
I will drive to my first client, have session, take my lunch drive to my second client session, and drive to the last client, then i drive about another hour or so home. My supervisor is great, the schedule is flexible but it is also variable and inconsistent making my paycheck the same. clients can cancel on you and the mileage, gas spent and time driving is a lot to handle.
Pros
flexible lunch
Cons
gas, milage, cancellations and drive time
Great benefits and working for a great cause
Front Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 7, 2015
A typical day at AST is you get in and there are usually things for me to do right away. There are tasks that I have to do everyday and there are new tasks that are assigned to me. The management is strict. Since I am an Office Admin, my supervisor is strict about timeliness and professionalism. I get along with all of my co-works but do not have any relations with them outside of work. The hardest part of my job is being able to balance everything that is put on my plate. I am learning to be a multitasker and being able to have a better sense of prioritizing. I am also learning how to be more professional. I enjoy the fact that I am helping kids and families with autism. It satisfies me to know I am making their lives easier.
Pros
Benefits, Great cause, set schedule
Cons
Strict environment, Little time off
One on One intervention provided in school, home and social skills settings
Advanced Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, San Diego Ca.September 30, 2015
I have worked with children with autism and other disabilities such as cerebral paulsy, emotional disorders and operational defiant disorders during my time at AST. I have been able to learn how to write progress reports for my clients, as well as Behavior Intervention plans and Behavior Support Plans. I have indirectly assisted in developing programs for my clients as well.
I have also worked with clients aged 2 to 22.
I have worked in a social skills group consisting of about 6-9 children in a classroom type setting while working on their individual goals as well as teaching a social lesson to the group.
I feel that I have had a lot of practice with delivering one to one interventions with clients as well as working closely with families, but have not been able to develop my supervision and training skills. I want to further my career to work as a supervisor and work on writing IEP, BSP and Progress reports for my clients. I will love to interact more and see hoe the administrative part of my job works.
Within AST, I began working in Los Angeles CA, and transferred down to San Diego. I am currently looking for jobs in San Diego.
Pros
I get to work closely with children and clients to see through with their development
Cons
I have not been able to progress on working on supervisory skills.
fun workplace environment
Social Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 30, 2015
Good place to work part time while in school or pursuing other careers. Not much opportunity for advancement without a masters degree and/or BCBA
Ok Place to work
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 18, 2015
You do work closely with supervisors and can set your hours, but must keep it for 6 months. There will be times where parents may cancel sessions and you would have no work for that time. Its a great place to learn how to use ABA correctly and teach others by a years end. You do get paid for miles driven but not the time. Summer is usually pretty bad if you have school cases. You will end up rarely sever seeing any co workers except for your supervisor. There are 6 month meetings that are set by the higher ups.
Great place to learn and obtain BCBA hours
Advanced Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 28, 2015
I love working here and getting to work with a wide variety of clients and supervisors. It has been great to work within various schools and within the homes of clients but difficult to see other coworkers throughout the day. I have learned how to work with parents, teachers, clients and other staff members as well as how important communication is between Interventionist and supervisor. The most difficult part of the job is not having many opportunities to grow within the company.
Productive and rewarding environment
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 27, 2015
Services: Discrete Trial Training and Pivotal Response Training.
General Areas of Concern: Community Safety, Behavior and Compliance, Play Skills,
Social Skills, Self Help, Functional Communications, and Self Management.
Responsibilities: Collaborating with IEP team members, teacher and other staff, tracking
Individualized Education Program goals, parent education, overseeing programs, Liaison
between parents, team, supervisor, and clinical director.
Ok place to work
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 14, 2015
AST as a company has a lot to work on when it comes to its employees especially when it comes to the scheduling department there is too much miscommunication between employees, clients, and the scheduling department. It would be more effective if employees could communicate with clients directly instead of leaving it up to the scheduling department. On the plus side AST's clients are amazing and so are the families they work with.
Cons
scheduling department miscommunications
Great Experience
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CAApril 14, 2015
The first 6 months are the busiest and you have to be on your toes to help at anytime when receiving a call from scheduling.
Schedulers are extremely nice, energetic, and are very thankful for your help.
Great supervisors who want whats best for you and the client. They are very knowledgable in how to help with a discouraging case.
Fun
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Great job if you like working with children. AST is the best company you can join if you like to be in the field of behavioral therapy.
Pros
Progress in your clients
Cons
Physical abuse at time
impacting the lives who most need it
behavioral interventionsit (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 25, 2015
a typical work day is fun and interactive. I work one on one in a home environment with children and their families.

it has been a great experience working with different cultures and different people. full exposure here.
Pros
great experience
Cons
late hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autism Spectrum Therapies. Our community is ready to answer.

Autism Spectrum Therapies Reviews by Location