Auto-Chlor System

Auto-Chlor System Employer Reviews

Hustle and Bustle
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), charlotte, ncJanuary 5, 2015
Busy office. A lot of phone calls, with trouble shooting. There never was a dull moment. A lot of work, sometimes not a lot of office support. Best if you are a self worker and don't need a lot of supervision.
Great Company, great product, great people!
Account Executive (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches, company car, profit sharing
Cons: nothing really. challenges are typical to sales.
I will admit, it was a process to come on board with Auto-Chlor but to be honest, I felt like it was a sign that they were selective and not just taking the next warm body. There is a positive atmosphere at the branch and Company as a whole. The new Branch Manager is great! Very positive and dedicated to the team succeeding. We had a lot of freedom and flexibility to perform our job duties. The greatest thing about Sales with Auto-Chlor is that they have a great reputation, great products, and great service. They truly back the Sales people up and come through on what we are selling. Also, the commission structure is sweet! A typical day involves a lot of activity. Cold-calling, gaining new information, and following up with prospects. You must be willing to put in the activity, stay organized, and follow up to be successful. If you can do those 3 things, you will be able to earn a lot of money in the Phoenix market. I had to leave due to my wife's position relocating or I would still be there!
Apply only if desperate....
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 15, 2014
Pros: free products, local employees
Cons: training, culture, work-life balance, even though service is awesome, it is highly over-priced making it difficult to sell
They want to own you. if you have a family that you like to spend time with, reconsider applying. Not a family friendly company. Huge turnover in sales for many reasons. The product/service is awesome but very expensive. They use west coast pricing making it hard to sell. They apparently haven't figured out the Cost of living in California is substantially higher than Phoenix and that is why the Phoenix office has always been last in sales in the region!!!!

They spend a lot of money on sales training only. No product training offered, sales literature is poorly written and thee is not a lot of support. 3 months in, I was left with the impression we weren't allowed to negotiate.

Employees in Phoenix are good but unfortunatly, the regional manager who resides out of state and is incompetent runs the show in Phoenix.

If you decide to apply, be prepared for the most drawn out process you have every been through and they are negotiable so make sure you get as much as you can. Be sure to get everything in writing.
A poorly managed branch, with even poorer training.
Sales (Former Employee), CarlstadtNovember 10, 2014
Pros: decent healthcare benifits, profit sharing, 401k and a payroll deducted savings account with a very good interest rate.
Cons: high employee turn around, hard to understand pay rates, poor training.
You can expect a long interview process of up to 4 visits. You may be lucky enough to get a month of training on route, please be aware that this is clearly not enough considering the amount of knowledge needed to preform at their expected standard. You can expect to be lied to, and to start every year off with a pay cut. You will be asked to obtain a CDL class C with an H endorsement, expect nothing more for obtaining this rarity among the companies employees (although it is stated as a requirement). Their policies are only enforced when management feels the need, polices are more suggestions than law. You can expect great camaraderie between the drivers, and a slow building resentment for management as suggestions from most of the drivers, for improvement in procedure are routinely ignored. Also look forward to long hours, a hard to understand paycheck featuring 5 different pay scales that, in three years I never heard explained satisfactorily to anyone who asked.
lead you on then fire you for no reason
route sales rep (Former Employee), nashville, TnAugust 19, 2014
Pros: take home free cleaning supplies
Cons: no job security, stressful work
for the last week and a half I was doing all the work by myself why a guy was just sitting in the truck doing nothing I was answering service calls and everything on the 30th day after loading the truck up for the next work day they took me into the office and fired me.with the reason that I was a mechanically inclined but I was handling all the work for a whole week.
no room to grow. very low raises yearly while workload increases
PRODUCTION SPECIALIST/CERTIFIED FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Current Employee), Carlstadt, NJJune 13, 2014
Pros: convenient ride from home
Cons: lousy raises
definitely enough work but not enough compensation or appreciation for work done
Fired with no notice
Account Executive (Former Employee), BaltimoreApril 25, 2014
Pros: large territory.
Cons: they don't tell you when you are close to being pushed out the door.
Worked here for two years as a sales rep. I was let go without any notice that they were not satisfied with my work.
Good Product - Good Service
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 18, 2014
A Company providing exceptional product and service to the restaraunt industry. Fast paced environment - high stress at times. Always on-call.Providing emergency service to customers and seeing their satisfaction in our performance / exceeding their expectations was very satisfying.
Unprofessional and Lies
Service (Former Employee), Oakley, CAMarch 8, 2014
Pros: decent pay and benefits.
Cons: poor unprofessional management, long hours, no one appreciates you, and of course no advancements.
Worked for this company for over a year. The first couple of months was ok, long hours and alot of work. After the 90 days, it gradually went down hill. The manager starts yelling, belittling, and treating me like a dog. Everyday something is always wrong and he vents it out on the workers.

I have never worked for a company with such little regard for their employees. And the whole family and work balance is a Joke. Your wife or child injured or sent to ER it doesn't matter you're eexpected to continue working.

If you want a Career, Stay Away from Auto Chlor.
Great company with a strong presence in the marketplace
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: stable and progressive company with plenty of job security
Cons: must be able to adapt to changing priorities. hours worked can be inconsistent.
I have been employed with Auto-Chlor for more than six years. I was lucky enough to join Auto-Chlor as a manager and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. We work hard, but the days go by fast and there is always something to do.
I recommend Auto-Chlor to anyone who wants to join a company with strong company values, great products, and excellent people.
What a Team to be a part of!!
Regional Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2014
If you'd like to be part of an organization that is successful, stable, has great values, offers a good work / life balance, cares about their employees, cares about their customers, pays well, has great benefits, has great leadership, offers growth opportunities, allows you to have job satisfaction, etc...............this may be your place. I've worked for several companies where the best you can hope for is to show up for a pay check. This is not that place. A culture of caring, achieving, improving, and wanting to be the best is what Auto Chlor is all about. Great place to work!
Great company for career growth and work life balance for your family
Management (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: competative pay, training, paid time off and affordable benefits
I was in the restaurant business for two decades and was looking for the next career move with a better work / life balance. If you are looking for a company that strives to fill its ranks with personable, talented and hard working employees you would fit right in at Auto Chlor. The company ownership goes to great lenghts (and expense) to train its employees (6 weeks or more) for most positions.

We are up early in the morning but home most evenings (and weekends) for dinner with our families which I never had before working in restaurants.

Good benefits, affordable health plan, aggressive retirement package and paid time off accrues from the 1st day of work.

The best testimonial for working at Auto Chlor is to count the amount of employees who have worked here for 10+ years or more (and there are a lot of them company wide).

No regrets. I plan on working and growing here for a very long time.
Home Away From Home!
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Southern CaliforniaDecember 9, 2013
Pros: opportunity, stability, management
A great family run organization that truly values its employees. I have worked for a few companies that grew so much that you felt like a number. So large that your voice could not be heard or that it took forever to get things done! Don't get me wrong, there are expectations of performance, but high performance is rewarded in annual salary reviews, commissions, and bonuses.

Management is focused on the long term by working with and developing the employees.
Expect the unexpected ;)
Service and Sales Rep (Current Employee), San DiegoDecember 2, 2013
Pros: getting job appliants to help you clean machines voluntarily
Cons: signing their employement application
This is a really small company that's always hiring! There's only 5 service and sales route drivers, 1 outside sales rep, these position have no job security. There hiring process is a big waste of time for real applicants and remedial. Expect to spend 13+ hours over the course of a few days unpaid going through their "hiring process" and still not be offered a position. I can relate this company to another type of Kirby or meat truck biz. This position is real easy and can be preformed by anyone with minimal experience.
Great Experience Overall
Admin (Former Employee), Seattle, WANovember 25, 2013
I had worked at the Seattle branch for 4 years and it was truly a great experience.

The work environment is young and fun, but still promotes a high level of integrity.

Like any job, there are days which can be challenging, but the camaraderie between management and staff keeps you motivated. Management is translucent and encourages you to learn and grow. I found the company as a whole, provides a lot of support not just to staff, but also their families.

Benefits offered is a huge plus and the various company outings throughout the year are a bonus. Great place to work!
A fun and rewarding place to work!
Sales and Service Manager (Current Employee), Los AngelesNovember 24, 2013
Pros: good benefits, recognition of achievement, great training, and a fun working environment.
Cons: some heavy lifting and possible long hours (true with any job in which you wish to excel)
Auto Chlor System is a great place to work. There have been some management changes in the recent past which addresses some of the negative comments above. The management now at Auto Chlor seems to have their house in order and things have become a lot more efficient and fun. This is a great place to work if you are willing to work hard to satisfy the customer. Opportunities for advancement are available if you are willing to put the work in.
I have worked for larger corporate company's in the past (Anheuser Busch) and the difference is the level of time and service giving to each customer.
Great job with great benefits and time to spend with family.
Branch Manager (Current Employee), EverettNovember 23, 2013
Pros: benefits, fun work environment.
If you are looking a company to move up in, Auto-Chlor is for you. Great safe work environment. A company that cares about you and your family. I have been working for them for nine great years and looking forward to nine great more.
Nefarious to job candidates.
SSR (Former Employee), San DiegoNovember 20, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: your see ...
Don't believe there lies; there just looking for FREE labor (9hrs+) from prospective employees to help there service and sales reps up sell to existing accounts. No real positions available.
Great company and awesome work enviornment with excellent benefits!
Admin (Current Employee), Downey, CANovember 18, 2013
Pros: good pay, training is provided, opportunities for growth
This is a great company to work for. What I love about this company is that they are family-oriented and they invest time in training and developing their employees. They will provide you with the support you'd need to succeed at your job. There are a lot of career opportunities here; they promote from within!! There are guys who started out as Service and Sales Reps and are now branch managers or outside sales reps. They value their employees by providing excellent health benefits, vacation/sick and paid holidays, 401k, profit sharing, and annual company events for their employees and families.

The interview process is lengthy with multiple interviews and a ride along, but that's because they take their hiring process very seriously and don't just hire anyone who apply. They want to make sure the position is a fit for you and that you're a fit for them.
Perfect Balance of large company with family company values
Regional Recruiter (Current Employee), Santa ClaraNovember 15, 2013
Pros: good people, compensation well, company vehicle, phone
Auto-Chlor is the example of getting best of both worlds. With a large clientel list, this company has the perks of being able to be nationally recognized. We instill family values, such as a work-life balance. I love being able to enjoy my evenings with my family, and relax on weekends. Auto-Chlor pays well, and they want to keep you here for longevity. There have never been any lay-offs, and many of the employees here have had over 10 years vested.

About Auto-Chlor System

Auto-Chlor System is the national leader in the production and installation of Energy Star certified dishmachines, but that's – Read more

Auto-Chlor System Photos