Auto Club Group Employee Reviews

horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 13, 2017
Not flexible with hours
Management is horrible
Constant mandatory overtime at last minute notification
Doesn't pay good money
No room to move to other departments
Constant monitor even when going to restroom
Favoritism from management
Not willing to be flexible when have emergencies
Vacation time is limited.Company blackout dates before able to apply for days
Great if you work in corporate
Licensed Personal Lines Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  FLNovember 28, 2017
AAA strives to be the cheapest company in the industry. This means they do nothing to promote the brand. No marketing. This means that they expect their agents to generate all leads on their own. They only provide you with a list of customers they already have which can be difficult since they want you to generate new business from non existing customers.

Company pays considerably less than others in the industry, especially on renewals. Company also shows they care little about their employees keeping them until the last possible minute during hurricanes making it impossible to evacuate.

Easily the worst company I have worked for in the insurance industry.
Aaa
Emergency Road Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 26, 2017
Dont work here it seems ok in the beginning but ends up horrible they are horrible and dont care about their employee's lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great place, unpredictable hours
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 14, 2017
I like working here, however your work life balance is the hardest part. One day it could be slow and you have the option to go home and the next day it's crazy busy and your day off gets taken away. Unless you want to wait 5 years for weekends off you work every weekend. I wish they'd consider rotating weekend work then this job would be love!
Pros
Opportunity for advancement & compensation
Cons
Unpredictable hours of work
No support
ERS Call advocate (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, FLAugust 25, 2017
The night/evening shifts do not have any support from the supervisor or manager on duty during those hours. It appears that after 10 pm, there are no more floor walkers to help and therefore noone else is around that could assist you when you need help.
Pros
A lot of nice people and employees get fed from time to time
Cons
Lack of support after a certain time in the day.
Great place for advancement
UNDERWRITER (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 18, 2017
I enjoy working for the company. There is room for advancement and the employees are appreciated. We are provided great benefits and your knowledge is enhanced with each area you decide to explore
N/a
Membership Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 17, 2017
The company has great benefits and discounts. The pay is way less than desirable & I have 20 years experience. The work week is Monday thru Friday. They do offer jeans days if we meet goals.
Pros
Great benefits and discounts
Cons
Pay is HORRIBLE
Great place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 1, 2017
Aaa is a decent place to work for, managers could be a little more helpful, absence request are not flexible, co workers are friendly, would recommend this job to some one who likes to talk on the phone
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pto
Reasons
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 1, 2017
I have learned a lot working at AAA but I am very disappointed in the inter workings of the company. I do not know why they even have a job board, everything is pre-determined. Management (supervisor and director level) does not progress you or develop you. They hold you back. The best thing about eh company is the new CEO and the changes he is making I look forward to more in regard to leadership and corporate culture. It is not a company that allows work like balance.
Pros
Dress for your day and new CEO
Cons
Need new management - supervisor and director level
challenging at times.. very busy during summer and winter months/holidays
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 24, 2017
During a normal day a representative can get up to 50 calls. Have to be patient and quick thinking. Management is great and try their best to help you succeed. Hardest part of the job can be finding people who dont know where they are and are hard to communicate with.
Call manage ment
Customer Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 10, 2017
During my time at this company I really learned a lot. It has taught me that no matter what with determination and perseverance you can achieve any goal
Headquarters building- call center
Emergency Roadside ADVOCATE (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 31, 2017
FAST PACED, EXCELLENT BENEFITS AND DEFINITE ROOM FOR ADVANCMENT. Call center has raises every three months until max out based off performance. They also provide referral bonuses.
Great Place to work
Club Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 28, 2017
Great Place to work. I enjoy working at the Auto Club Group. Great people and great environment. Anyone who applies would be lucky to work for the company
asdfe
Meemic- Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 7, 2017
I love the company. The people who work there are wonderful. They expect much out of you but you will never feel like you are doing it alone. Everyone is always there to help if you need it.
Great pay...poor management
Customer Advocate I ERS (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 28, 2017
I really enjoyed working for AAA but the micro mgt from the floor supervisor did not make work an enjoyable experience for me. I also had very little to no time for my family...and if you wanted to work a certain shift or schedule you'd have to have "seniority" or in other words its all about who you know. Overall the minor kinks with this company I'd give it a 3 out of 5.
Pros
set schedule and nice pay check
Cons
lots of micro management and little to no time for your family
Lot of work
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 1, 2017
A typical day, get there before your shift to open all the programs you need. Start right on time or you are late. Come in to find out you must stay late after your shift. During high call volumes, they will shorten your 15 min breaks to 5 mins, 30 min lunches get shortened to 15 mins and don't forget you have to work 2 hrs later than normal also.
Same old song and dance.
Automotive/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2017
Was hired in after the district manager found my resume on Indeed.com and resigned after about three months after what I was able to earn was far less than the salary requirements listed on my resume. The shop was clean and spacious but was stocked with tools and equipment that were below par for an automotive repair facility. Here you'll be working with a support staff (service advisers, lube techs) that came over from Pep Boys.

Leadership is stuck on mailing out free oil change coupons leading to technicians spending a significant amount of time performing free multi point vehicle inspections for no pay, unless something sells, AND requires the technician to enter the inspection result into a overly complex and antiquated IT system with 2 PC's (3 if you count the Alignment machine) in a shop for 6-8 technicians and lube techs.

At the location I was at we suffered from a lack of cars to work on and I would frequently run out of work to do by 2pm and either going home early or sitting around hoping a tow truck would drop off something to work on.
Pay rate was comparable to a single line dealership while requiring knowledge and tools to repair all makes and models
Pros
Newly built shop
Cons
Low pay
productive and fun workplace
Member Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 25, 2017
Always working hard to help customers create there dream vacation. It is very exciting to here about all of the unique place everyone has been to and are about to travel to.
Great Company
Mobile Applications Consultant - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 4, 2017
Interesting and fun place to work. Laid Back, and much room for growth at company. You can definitely succeed working here. Pay is good.
ERS Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 30, 2016
I enjoyed working at auto club south. I enjoyed talking to people everyday helping them when they needed help. Good hours, good people. I would return if asked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auto Club Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5