Auto Truck Group

Auto Truck Group Employee Reviews

Have a criminal history? Don't even think of applying
installer (Current Employee), bartlettMay 30, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: unfair labor practices
Buddy of mine tried to get a job here. Had some things on his record. Guess corporate doesn't hire anyone but the choir boys. Not a bad place to work. Too bad ARI bought us.
Nice place to work
Installer (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 4, 2015
Pros: Pay, management, coworkers
Cons: hours
Cant be afraid to get your hands dirty. You learn many things, like wiring, installation of many aftermarket parts on trucks, which tools are which and how to use them. The pay is very good. Management cares about the employees. Coworkers are fun and easygoing. Hardest part of the job is the hours. Best part is the pay.
Fast growing, evolving!
HR Administrator/Operations (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 8, 2015
Many opportunities to grow and move up. Many locations expanding due to successful business strategy. The benefits are excellent.
Needs to initiate new hire training and supervisor training.
Productive workplace with good benefits
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Auto truck is a great company to work for. Very productive company with good benefits and room to move up in the company. Auto truck is currently growing at a rapid pace and should be a great company to work for, for many years.
Out of work, have a nice day
Installation Technician (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: good ol boys club, logistics nightmare, too high of expectations
I was promised full-time employment with overtime to not be a problem... the last week overtime went away, now they are sending people who are not "buddy buddy" with the foremen home early while the buddies of the foremen are still collecting overtime.

the logistics are completely haywire... good luck receiving your parts for the job then get yelled at for the job not getting done.

And oh yeah if you don't learn everything in a week and work as fast as the people who managed to work there for 10 years you get yelled at for that too.
Great work environment
welder/fabricator (Current Employee), Bartlett, ILJune 28, 2014
Auto Truck has the family work environment, Everybody gets along, we have fun at work and get a lot done.
Productive and fun working place
Receptionist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 23, 2014
Filing, scanning, database entries, and answering phones were a big part of the daily jobs at Auto Truck. I learned to better use time management to get the daily tasks done. The staff and managers were friendly and great to work with.
Not a great place but its tolerable
Installation Mechanic (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 29, 2013
Pros: good benifits and pay
Cons: long hours not enough training
This place wasn't great but the pay was okay, the management is more concerned with their supervisors than workers, and the only time you get to even see a supervisor is when something goes wrong
Don't work here
Material Handler (Former Employee), Bartlett, ilOctober 18, 2013
Very poorly ran company, have a habit of letting employees go for no reason. When hired told them I was attending night school and even after arranging my school schedule around work. I was reprimanded and dismissed for going to school and not staying overtime even after I stayed when I could and came on Saturdays. I would not recommended working for this company.
was a alright company with ok pay til layoff
Mechanic/Welder (Former Employee), Bartlett, ILFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: working inside
Cons: layoffs
um got layed off not alot else to say. I got laid off nothing else to say was a ok company with ok pay nothing awsome and nothing speical maybe if your starting out or really need a job
10 days out, 4 days @ home
Inspector/ Railroad Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee), Bartlett, ILMay 6, 2012
Pros: per diem for food
Cons: don't get our own hotel rooms anymore
10 days on the road with 7 other guys, fixing railroad trucks.

About Auto Truck Group

Since its inception in 1918, Auto Truck Group has developed and grown from a steel truck body company into a collection of companies – Read more

Auto Truck Group Salaries