Auto Truck Group Employee Reviews

Bad place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 6, 2016
Auto truck sucks! The leadership is very in organized. They lie to you all the time. They show favortism to certain people. A huge waste of time working here! I would not recommend a anyone to work here its a joke!!!!!!
Cons
People you work with were good people
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYSeptember 27, 2016
Good place to work. They took an interest in your thoughts and ideas. Management could have been a little more understanding of family and earned time off.
Pros
Good work place, and health insurance
Cons
Sometimes family did not mater when time off was needed.
It is a paycheck
Installer/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, INDecember 31, 2016
Good place if it is your career, if not, not a bad stepping stone to the next job. Almost guaranteed overtime, but the hours do take a lot away from normal everyday activities.
Its a job, but one you will grow to hate , basicly no chance for raises of higher than 10ยข and that is if you can handle the unorginized work load .
Safty corridnation (Current Employee) –  SimpsonvilleMay 31, 2016
Typical day at work you get a work order with a amount of hours on it to be finished, almost always impossible to accomplish, especially when you have to wait for parts and to be inspected before your time is out , and it's held against you if not finished on time!
Pros
30 min lunch and two 10 min breaks per 10 hour shifts
Cons
30 min lunch and two 10 min breaks per 10 hour shifts
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, ILAugust 4, 2016
As a part time driver I liked working for Auto Truck Group.
Supervisor is a great person to work for.
Co-work are good people like myself doing part time work.
Pros
Convenient
Cons
Hours are not regular.
Would not recommend
Shop (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 18, 2016
The management team takes their queues from the parent company and they have very little clue of how things are or should be. If they did then they would know they should stay out of the day to day and stick to seeing numbers which the company is not making so far the last almost year. Lots of temp workers that are given very little direction and then expected to perform and when they don't it's see you later and get them a new temp to try and make it work.

Managers are long time employees with no management skills just have been there the longest so they are promoted. So many instances of problems and guys walking out the door quitting because of the managers but nothing is done to reprimand the manager for being a bad manager just keep bringing in more temps and let them figure it out.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Low pay, poor leadership, no communication, no training, no direction, if you aren't part of the but kiss group you won't advance
good and bad job at the same time
QA Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILSeptember 22, 2016
Overall very good company, like any other job hard work pays off.
Read most of the reviews on here and there right. Management can be hard on you yet the go to guy if needed. All supervisors are long time employees so they do know what they are doing. There will be times they don't know build specs but that Isnt on them, they just get instruction from the higher up and its always changing per customers request.

You do have to work like any job, if your too slow to keep up with production chances are you will be let go. I seen plenty off people come and go some with in few days to there 90 days. If work is slow as in work orders chances are they might let some people go.

Raises depends on how you are as a worker, the hardest working ones that are willing to do things and more are the ones that get the good raise. so if you get .10 cents step up.

I started as a porter as the position i applied for was full and was offered this till a opening popped up, but it was to simple for me so i applied myself and worked with my supervisors in the inspection side helping out and learning. Year later company made a inspection position for me. On my 3rd year i was sadly let go.
Pros
great company, can move up if you apply yourself, free lunches some times, quarterly lunch parties, great benifits
Cons
Drop rate in employee can be high due to poor performance or budget cuts.
very little room for advancement
Porter, pre-assembler and parts (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 2, 2015
I started as a commercial porter because of my commercial drivers license, driving all vehicles from pick ups to peterbilt's, kenworth and others. I was moved to pre-assembly and then back to Porter due to need. A short time later I was moved to parts where I pulled parts carts and placed materials in vehicles as they were being prepared for building.
Pros
job security
Cons
no room for advancement
Out of work, have a nice day
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 9, 2015
I was promised full-time employment with overtime to not be a problem... the last week overtime went away, now they are sending people who are not "buddy buddy" with the foremen home early while the buddies of the foremen are still collecting overtime.

the logistics are completely haywire... good luck receiving your parts for the job then get yelled at for the job not getting done.

And oh yeah if you don't learn everything in a week and work as fast as the people who managed to work there for 10 years you get yelled at for that too.
benefits
Cons
good ol boys club, logistics nightmare, too high of expectations
Just a part time position
cashier/ stocker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, ksAugust 3, 2015
This job was a family friendly job, I usually worked there because they called me to come help out. I enjoyed the people and customers, but there was no future for me there.
Pros
customers remember who you are and you remember them and grew a bond together.
Cons
No chance for advancing
Nice place to work
Installer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 4, 2015
Cant be afraid to get your hands dirty. You learn many things, like wiring, installation of many aftermarket parts on trucks, which tools are which and how to use them. The pay is very good. Management cares about the employees. Coworkers are fun and easygoing. Hardest part of the job is the hours. Best part is the pay.
Pros
Pay, management, coworkers
Cons
hours
Don't work here
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ilOctober 18, 2013
Very poorly ran company, have a habit of letting employees go for no reason. When hired told them I was attending night school and even after arranging my school schedule around work. I was reprimanded and dismissed for going to school and not staying overtime even after I stayed when I could and came on Saturdays. I would not recommended working for this company.
Fun place to work
Mechanic/Welder (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 29, 2015
Start the day with pep talk from supervisor then receive work order and preform job duties till end of day then clean up the work area and go home
Productive workplace with good benefits
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Auto truck is a great company to work for. Very productive company with good benefits and room to move up in the company. Auto truck is currently growing at a rapid pace and should be a great company to work for, for many years.
Have a criminal history? Don't even think of applying
installer (Current Employee) –  bartlettMay 30, 2015
Buddy of mine tried to get a job here. Had some things on his record. Guess corporate doesn't hire anyone but the choir boys. Not a bad place to work. Too bad ARI bought us.
Pros
money
Cons
unfair labor practices
Not a great place but its tolerable
Installation Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 29, 2013
This place wasn't great but the pay was okay, the management is more concerned with their supervisors than workers, and the only time you get to even see a supervisor is when something goes wrong
Pros
Good benifits and pay
Cons
Long hours not enough training
Fast growing, evolving!
HR Administrator/Operations (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 8, 2015
Many opportunities to grow and move up. Many locations expanding due to successful business strategy. The benefits are excellent.
Needs to initiate new hire training and supervisor training.
Productive and fun working place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 23, 2014
Filing, scanning, database entries, and answering phones were a big part of the daily jobs at Auto Truck. I learned to better use time management to get the daily tasks done. The staff and managers were friendly and great to work with.
was a alright company with ok pay til layoff
Mechanic/Welder (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILFebruary 20, 2013
um got layed off not alot else to say. I got laid off nothing else to say was a ok company with ok pay nothing awsome and nothing speical maybe if your starting out or really need a job
Pros
working inside
Cons
layoffs
10 days out, 4 days @ home
Inspector/ Railroad Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, ILMay 6, 2012
10 days on the road with 7 other guys, fixing railroad trucks.
Pros
per diem for food
Cons
don't get our own hotel rooms anymore

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auto Truck Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4