Auto Truck Transport Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 13, 2017
A typical day of work consisted of me being the lead dispatcher who coordinated all functions of the workplace. Everyone was enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all over the country.
Pros
I was in charge
Union busting
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, NCJune 13, 2017
be warned read below, it explains everything. only the pension is worthy if you survive long enough to obtain it. most don't. people leave for better pay. Theres been no raise for over 10 years.
Pros
the friends I made
Cons
the Union and the Company
auto truk transport
Driver (Current Employee) –  Von Ormy, TXApril 29, 2017
great company free health insurance sleep in hotel every night union job great pension drive new trucks all the time and fly all over the country can make 1500 a week easily
best trucking job i have ever had
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMarch 6, 2017
you will drive new trucks from the factory to the dealers stacked up up to 5 at a time then get on a plane and fly back

great pay, company paid health insurance, sleep in a hotel every night, and laid back schedule,
Pros
great pay, company paid benefits, and sleep in hotel every night
Cons
not much home time, hard work
was very educational for logistical purposes
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXFebruary 10, 2017
was able to acquire new logistic skills on the management side of the industry which will become very valuable in my future endeavors when dealing with logistical decisions.
Pros
was able to visit all states and Canada
Cons
was away from home for long periods
Very good job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte North CarolinaDecember 30, 2016
Job OK lot of favoritism shown from management great employees nice place to work lots of travel yes management sometimes have their favorites which is unfair Union union leaders Rub management back in management Rud union leaders back but other than that it's a great job a place where you can raise a family and also make great friends meet new people and learn about different cultures see the world and I understand that safety goes beyond safety learn more then your trade piggyback driving for 701 Union is a great great job and A great Union to be part of
Pros
Sick leave
Cons
Last hired first laid off
Great Job
Driver Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mt. Holly, NCAugust 24, 2016
Great Company, I love all the traveling and seeing new places. Stay at nice hotels every night and collect points for stays all for free. Also fly two to three times a week and collect fly miles for free. Awsome job.
Pros
Great Pay with alot of Percs
Cons
Down Times with Slow Production
The recruiter lied to get me to sign on
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NCJanuary 3, 2016
The recruiter lied to get me to sign on. The work is hard and hazardous and there is home time. The CEO likes to fire people for no reason.
Pros
You get to stay in a hotel every night and they provide transportation
Cons
very little home time
This company is out of business.
Manager and Director of Central Support (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 27, 2015
This company is out of business. It was sold to a trucking company in Wisconsin that performed the same tow-away operations.
Run For Your Life!
Driver For Someone Else (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, NCJune 17, 2015
This company is a joke! The orientation is a waste of time. The only time you learn anything is in the shop where you un-deck the trucks. They assign your home terminal away from the terminal closest to you so that they can hold your pay since they send your check to your home terminal...HELLO STUPID!!!!! They also charge you $550 for a set of tools they say you must have to perform the job and charge you the entire amount on your first check. And a week after I finally get my first check, they delay my second the same way!

The trainer I had was lazy and acted like I should know everything from day one. All he cared about was arranging the hotel room and where we were eating next. I had to remember what I learned in the 2 day shop time I had and figure out how to fill out the paperwork myself... USELESS!!!!!

Their so called union benefits is a rip off since you only get a retirement of $1100 after 20 years... OMG PLEASE!!!!!

There are other drive away companies out there where you can make some good money as a contractor, enough to save up your own retirement without someone telling you how to save it for you.

I HIGHLY recommend NO ONE ever work for Auto Truck Transport USA... EVER!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Delayed Pay, Poor Training, No Comps
Very productive place to work
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NCMarch 17, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with different people. Overall, Auto Truck is a good place and most of all, the managers are great.
Pros
Co workers. We all work together as a team
Cons
Lunch breaks never at the same time everyday
loved that job but family comes first
driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 11, 2015
its a good job if you like to travel. drive all day hotel every night your our U.S and CANADA
Pros
travel
Cons
long hours on the road
very safety oriented job.
truck delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, NCJuly 31, 2014
very physical job,always on the ground,crawlling under trucks to work on them,to get them ready too check in at dealer.
Pros
got too travel alot.in and out of airports.
Cons
always gone from home.
Piggybacked semi cabs throughout US
Over the road driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 4, 2014
Was a great job - lots of work loading saddles to place cabs on one after another. Wasn't very fond of having to catch a plane at the last minute and fly to another location. Had to make special arrangements for tools.
One of the best jobs I've had.
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 9, 2014
A dangerous working climate but training was complete. All new drivers were required to run with a trainer after the initial 2 week training period. This was excellent as everyone experienced what the real job world was like. Most of the drivers I went through the initial training period with did not like it. I believe this was due to the work load being very heavy and time off was scarce.
Un-decking the trucks had to be performed by the numbers. A step missed could be disastrous.
I enjoyed going to Canada especially to Nova Scotia & Ontario.
Pros
Many monetary perks once you learned the system.
Cons
Dangerous work environment.
union sell out
Class A CDL Driver ALL endorsements (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 24, 2014
company getting ready to shut down
can never get home time
union is a sham
Pros
free medical
Cons
union sell out
Mis-managed in alot of areas.
Shop Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, VAOctober 9, 2013
Very good working conditions and pay scale. Free insurance.
Pros
free insurance and uniforms
Cons
staff with non-managerial skills.
Exciting fun and alot of work!
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2013
You have a good benefits package with retirement after 4-5 years of service will freeze $1000/month.
Hotels every night and always driving new equipment. Fly miles add up quickly and so do the hotel points.
Pros
Pay, benefits, hometime
Cons
Canada, airports and undecking trucks for picky dealers.
GREAT JOB freight hauling can't compare
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland,N.C.May 3, 2013
I've been with att 8 1/2 yrs. The first week with my trainer i knew if i was going to drive for a living this is the job for me.l read two reviews of former drivers that trashed the company they sound like new hires that didnt stay long enough to learn the ropes. I tell new hires to stay for a year and learn the ropes and in that time they will learn how to make good money and love the job.Yes there has been layoffs,my first three yrs.here i was layed off two times. 5 1/2 months each i took that time to do things around the house ect. When they called i came back.Now i don't have to worry about layoffs .I've undeck trucks in weather from 44 below to 115 degrees its all good.This job has spoiled me.
Pros
Great health care Great benefits Great retirement
Cons
Time spent in airports
productive place to work
Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  cleveland ncMarch 19, 2013
Basic office duties.I learned all aspects of the office environment.I enjoyed conversing with the drivers and dispatching them.The people were great to work with.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
lay off too much