Auto Truck Transport Employee Reviews

Very good job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte North CarolinaDecember 30, 2016
Job OK lot of favoritism shown from management great employees nice place to work lots of travel yes management sometimes have their favorites which is unfair Union union leaders Rub management back in management Rud union leaders back but other than that it's a great job a place where you can raise a family and also make great friends meet new people and learn about different cultures see the world and I understand that safety goes beyond safety learn more then your trade piggyback driving for 701 Union is a great great job and A great Union to be part of
Pros
Sick leave
Cons
Last hired first laid off
Great Job
Driver Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mt. Holly, NCAugust 24, 2016
Great Company, I love all the traveling and seeing new places. Stay at nice hotels every night and collect points for stays all for free. Also fly two to three times a week and collect fly miles for free. Awsome job.
Pros
Great Pay with alot of Percs
Cons
Down Times with Slow Production
GREAT JOB freight hauling can't compare
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland,N.C.May 3, 2013
I've been with att 8 1/2 yrs. The first week with my trainer i knew if i was going to drive for a living this is the job for me.l read two reviews of former drivers that trashed the company they sound like new hires that didnt stay long enough to learn the ropes. I tell new hires to stay for a year and learn the ropes and in that time they will learn how to make good money and love the job.Yes there has been layoffs,my first three yrs.here i was layed off two times. 5 1/2 months each i took that time to do things around the house ect. When they called i came back.Now i don't have to worry about layoffs .I've undeck trucks in weather from 44 below to 115 degrees its all good.This job has spoiled me.
Pros
Great health care Great benefits Great retirement
Cons
Time spent in airports
Run For Your Life!
Driver For Someone Else (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, NCJune 17, 2015
This company is a joke! The orientation is a waste of time. The only time you learn anything is in the shop where you un-deck the trucks. They assign your home terminal away from the terminal closest to you so that they can hold your pay since they send your check to your home terminal...HELLO STUPID!!!!! They also charge you $550 for a set of tools they say you must have to perform the job and charge you the entire amount on your first check. And a week after I finally get my first check, they delay my second the same way!

The trainer I had was lazy and acted like I should know everything from day one. All he cared about was arranging the hotel room and where we were eating next. I had to remember what I learned in the 2 day shop time I had and figure out how to fill out the paperwork myself... USELESS!!!!!

Their so called union benefits is a rip off since you only get a retirement of $1100 after 20 years... OMG PLEASE!!!!!

There are other drive away companies out there where you can make some good money as a contractor, enough to save up your own retirement without someone telling you how to save it for you.

I HIGHLY recommend NO ONE ever work for Auto Truck Transport USA... EVER!!!!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
Delayed Pay, Poor Training, No Comps
This was not a horrible place to work for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2012
The job was great! It was all the sitting around that a person would do. You lose a day dispatching if not more and you lose a day traveling back to any of the terminals. Pay is really good for the industry. Full benefits at no cost. Union job. Just hard to get miles when you lose so much time
Pros
management, benefits
Cons
to much sitting around
Exciting fun and alot of work!
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2013
You have a good benefits package with retirement after 4-5 years of service will freeze $1000/month.
Hotels every night and always driving new equipment. Fly miles add up quickly and so do the hotel points.
Pros
Pay, benefits, hometime
Cons
Canada, airports and undecking trucks for picky dealers.
The recruiter lied to get me to sign on
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NCJanuary 3, 2016
The recruiter lied to get me to sign on. The work is hard and hazardous and there is home time. The CEO likes to fire people for no reason.
Pros
You get to stay in a hotel every night and they provide transportation
Cons
very little home time
If you are looking for Low Income Company to drive for this is The One.
Professional CDL A Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio Texas TerminalSeptember 19, 2012
You will be on training for 5 to 6 wweks performing very danger and hard job earning around $400 (top gross) weekly basis. If you survive financially you will be disapointed with a huge not paid downtime inside the company waiting for trucks and to be dispatch at the terminals as well as outside factors (cheapest flight to bring you back to terminals, waiting to undeck trucks, waiting for dealers sign off trucks and the list goes on). Good luck if you try to collect any money from pay roll for anything else them your very low miles. They fight with you. Its hard even to collect trip expenses. Be careful they love to (loose) big invoices and discount from you.
This company is a joke and one of the highest turn over on the truck business.
Pros
really nothing.
Cons
very low income, danger and hard work job, bad management.....
One of the best jobs I've had.
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 9, 2014
A dangerous working climate but training was complete. All new drivers were required to run with a trainer after the initial 2 week training period. This was excellent as everyone experienced what the real job world was like. Most of the drivers I went through the initial training period with did not like it. I believe this was due to the work load being very heavy and time off was scarce.
Un-decking the trucks had to be performed by the numbers. A step missed could be disastrous.
I enjoyed going to Canada especially to Nova Scotia & Ontario.
Pros
Many monetary perks once you learned the system.
Cons
Dangerous work environment.
This company is out of business.
Manager and Director of Central Support (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 27, 2015
This company is out of business. It was sold to a trucking company in Wisconsin that performed the same tow-away operations.

Want to know more about Auto Truck Transport?

Ask a question
loved that job but family comes first
driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 11, 2015
its a good job if you like to travel. drive all day hotel every night your our U.S and CANADA
Pros
travel
Cons
long hours on the road
Mis-managed in alot of areas.
Shop Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, VAOctober 9, 2013
Very good working conditions and pay scale. Free insurance.
Pros
free insurance and uniforms
Cons
staff with non-managerial skills.
good company to work for
driver/trainer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VaFebruary 23, 2013
one day you driving or undecking trucks or you may be flying, learned to prepare trucks for inspection by replacing axles,reconnecting air hoses,basically some parts are disconnected for travel and driver has reconnect parts, hardest part is working in freezing cold or extreme heat but i been in every(and some not so major) city in US and Canada
Pros
brand new trucks every trip
Cons
job moved to texas, hard getting hometime
Very productive place to work
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NCMarch 17, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with different people. Overall, Auto Truck is a good place and most of all, the managers are great.
Pros
Co workers. We all work together as a team
Cons
Lunch breaks never at the same time everyday
good place to work
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  cleveland , NCMarch 11, 2012
Good place to work, see the country and work in all conditions
Pros
good health and welfare plan
Cons
odd hours
Fast and easy
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 2, 2012
Fast and easy, no home time though and alot of down time. Learned to cruse through international customs in the quickest time possible. the people were great. and the hardest part was undecking in the heat, cold, snow,and rain were fine though.
Pros
good money
Cons
a lot of down time, and not much home time
Piggybacked semi cabs throughout US
Over the road driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 4, 2014
Was a great job - lots of work loading saddles to place cabs on one after another. Wasn't very fond of having to catch a plane at the last minute and fly to another location. Had to make special arrangements for tools.
productive place to work
Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  cleveland ncMarch 19, 2013
Basic office duties.I learned all aspects of the office environment.I enjoyed conversing with the drivers and dispatching them.The people were great to work with.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
lay off too much
union sell out
Class A CDL Driver ALL endorsements (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 24, 2014
company getting ready to shut down
can never get home time
union is a sham
Pros
free medical
Cons
union sell out
very safety oriented job.
truck delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, NCJuly 31, 2014
very physical job,always on the ground,crawlling under trucks to work on them,to get them ready too check in at dealer.
Pros
got too travel alot.in and out of airports.
Cons
always gone from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auto Truck Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8