Autocam Corporation Employee Reviews

Great People, poor managment
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJanuary 21, 2015
Overall this place believes in fewer people with more hours. Great concept if you are young and without family. This provides the company with great job stability, but long hours year after year causes burnout.
Management is there but true leadership is lacking. Anger management with management was an issue, but the stress level was high at times also. At times management was more worried about finding someone to blame than finding a solution.
Compensation was above average. Pay and other small working benefits were outstanding. Benefits were fair, but dropping year over year.
Most co-workers were great people. Overall business structure was strong, but could use better managers; some managers were part of the good ole boy club and were untouchable.
Overall this is a great place to learn and find out how a lower tier automotive supplier works.
Pros
pay, lots of overtime, some great co-workers, lots of hard workers.
Cons
lots of overtime, low work-life balance, managment good ole boy club.
A pleasant experience, great opportunities for students
Shadow (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIMay 9, 2016
Autocam has a beneficial array of programs for up and coming college students to work for a reasonable wage while achieving their education. The employees are amicable, and there's a clear amount of office banter, making it a very stress-free environment to be around. I did not meet a person there that didn't leave a good impression on me.
Steady work
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIApril 1, 2016
Long hours and must have detail to measurements. Good environment to learn the different elements to designs. Opportunities to learn how to use a variety of different instruments.
Great Company!
Hydromat Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 26, 2014
This company is an excellent company to work for in terms of treatment of their employees, benefits, and overall workplace environment. However, one area they are lacking is the opportunity for career advancement.
benefits
Cons
leadership oppertunities
Very good place to work
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Kewntwood, MichiganOctober 17, 2015
Grand Rapids Label is located on E. Paris in Kentwood, Michigan. I loved working for Autocam, it was a great company to work for and management was also good to work with as well.
Poor system management
Visual Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIApril 2, 2015
For actual employees, overview may be a far higher positivity. Not so much for the contracted or "temporaries". Autocam definitely is a split entity. Few plant areas or positions are actual hire-in opportunity, which is basically limited to machinists or maintenance. All others are low-pay contract (under $11/hr), which the actual plus is the 10-15 hrs overtime--actual production considering. And that is often irregular or occasional. Prior, production flow was a guaranteed 50-hr week. Presently, not so much.
Pros
Generally friendly work environment, opportunity to train on or learn different parts
Cons
Very low pay, limited hire-in or no advancement opportunity
flexable hours
sorter\final inspetor (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIAugust 11, 2015
when we came in to work we take a tote of metal parts . we take them to a desk and look for defects in the part and also debris inside the part with a micro scope. After we were done with the tote of 200 parts we send them to a packer. I sorted about 1200 parts a day
Pros
all the o t we wante
Cons
people with bad attitudes
Don't work there
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIMarch 21, 2014
Your co-workers are the best part of the job. Management will never get off your back, no matter the quality of your job performance. The job itself is easy and pays alright, but it's not worth the stress.
Pros
easy, good co-workers
Cons
long hours, management, absolutely no freedom
great job oppurtunity
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIMarch 25, 2014
I worked at autocam for over a year. There were alot of older workers and many of them were cranky and social. I mainly had my circle of friends who started the same time as me. I was being trained to be an engineer but the company decided to train each one of us on a different machine each semester when we were in school. Some engineers were nice and some kept a distance. I found the work easy because it came naturally to me. I never really had a "hard part" other than trying to find work when all my work is done. The most enjoyable part was seeing my machine run with no problems which gave confidence that i did a good job.
Pros
great pay, no strict schedule, got to go school
Cons
part time worker, smaller hours, job culture poor
Good place to get your foot in the door in a machine shop
Team Leader/2nd Op. Machinist (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MIJune 30, 2015
Everyone at Autocam is very helpful, and they acknowledge versatility and people whom actually care about their place of employment.
Loved the job, but poor management and organization
Quality Inspector/General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 5, 2014
Was a quality inspector; I learned how to inspect parts according to customer standards; Management was prejudice and always waiting for certain employees to mess up; coworkers were great, we worked so well as a team; hardest part of my job was dealing with lack of organization and poor management; most enjoyable was the team I worked with.
Autocam
SAFE LAUNCH INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Grand RapidsMay 26, 2015
Autocam was a good job very good and clean atmosphere good people and there was always something to learn that pretand to the job which help me down the road with other jobs
Good People
MAINTENANCE (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIFebruary 24, 2014
Not a lot of contact with management, at least with what I was doing. The co-workers were generally very nice, will talk to you, and will help you if you need help with something.
operate cnc machines
Secondary Machinist (Current Employee) –  Dowagiac, MIFebruary 9, 2013
operate cnc machines, co-workers are good to work with, the night shift that I work on is different than I'm used to.
Pros
quarterly bonuses-sometimes
Cons
lack of communication between supervisor and employees
Backstabbing, political, upper management incompetance and self greed at expense of others.
MATERIALS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dowagiac, MISeptember 10, 2014
I would never work for this company again. Ethics are terrible.
Great job
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MISeptember 6, 2013
Great job to work for, It was fast paced with helpful employers
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
short hours sometimes
productive work place ,
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MISeptember 23, 2013
people are friendly to work with ,willing to help you out if needed ,i learned new skills in the machining aspect,
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
health care is a joke
out going people
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIAugust 9, 2013
great open environment, the people were please. Helpful in very way.