Autodesk

Autodesk Employee Reviews

Typical Day
Global Security Operations Center Officer (Current Employee), San Rafael, CAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Great parking
Cons: Far commute for me
Great environment that is welcoming and professional. I usually work every shift at least one or twice a week. I enjoy the fast pace of work flow that our department receives.
Challenged me to pursue higher goals
Global Security Operations Center Officer (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAJuly 6, 2015
I've learned to stay consistent, detail oriented, and focus on projects/ tasks. Communicate clearly to employees, guest, and vendors via email, phone and in-person. I was able to work alone without supervision. Made decisions to hep prevent risks and hazardous situations. I enjoy working with a team that was hands on and focused to get the ob done.
Fast Paced and Fun
EIS Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAJuly 6, 2015
Company focused on culture and customer service. Excellent training and opportunity to move up in positions with greater responsibility. Enjoyed working with a team of excellent people who regularly got together with me to do after work extracurricular activities. Job was fast paced and due to this time flew. It was difficult at times due to the company growing so rapidly. We always needed more team members to join our group but it was hard to find people like the ones we already had. People who not only can perform the job duties on a technical level but also people who have great personalities and excellent customer service skills. I enjoyed working with and helping others the most.
Good environment, but not enough women
Community Marketing Manager (Contract)​ (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches, flexibility
Cons: not enough professional women
The work is cutting-edge and interesting on a daily basis. My team was very easy to work with, international, competent and friendly. However, in a team of 20 people there were only 2 professional female members.
Global Mobility Finance Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 30, 2015
A friendly environment with an amiable atmosphere and culture. Provides a nice work/life balance and the ability to telecommute.
Productive, great atmosphere
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Manchester, NHMay 26, 2015
Constant learning
The management team is very helpful
Everyone is friendly and willing to answer any questions
Family friendly company
Autodesk Inc.
Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Mondays and Wednesdays had catered lunch at Landmark
Cons: Being held by a string if you are a Contingent worker
Autodesk is a great place to work for ... Only if you are a full-time employee working under the company.

I shall not complain too much about my position at Autodesk because I learned a lot. I started here as an intern from YearUp Bay Area as a Helpdesk Specialist. At first, I did not know what Helpdesk was. It took a lot of time getting used to being here and the work they had me do.

I learned a lot of Active directory, troubleshooting, how to speak to people over the phone while being on a computer and worked with some really great people out of here.

Though, it was great to learn and after my internship my contract did get renewed, but after my contract ends it will go downhill, it's going to go against an american's companies morals, our managers out-sourced our job to a team of 24 in the Phillipines with Cognizant.
Great company
Senior Manager, Talent Brand and Social Media (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 8, 2015
An excellent place to work. My division is lead by brilliant, calm, and experienced professionals. The office environments are beautiful and the work that the company does (mission / vision) is amazingly inspiring. Highly recommended.
productive
Lead SAP FICO Functional Consultant (Current Employee), San Rafael, CAMay 7, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
A work hard/play hard ethic. great benefits
Supervisor of Reception & Directory Assistance (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: healthcare benefits are maxxed. onsite cafe
Cons: some areas of plateauing, and lots of change all the time if you are not flexible in that respect it could be an issue.
My overall experience is that this is a wonderful place to work.. Hours are flexible to a certain degree. Everyone works hard but downtime is encouraged. Additionally, aspects (volunteer and further education) to help you grow as an individual who can contribute to the company and society as a whole is equally encouraged.
All about the benefits
Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 9, 2015
Autodesk has an excellent benefits package that includes (as of this writing) a six-week paid sabbatical every four years of employment. But the company does not pay very well, and offers next to zero job security. But they do provide opportunities to transfer within the company to other jobs where appropriate.
Great Company
User Experience Research Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 3, 2015
I was an intern and it was a great company. They have a lot of activities for interns, including lunch activities and baseball games.
ACER
ACER Customer Engagement (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COMarch 4, 2015
Pros: coworkers, work enviroment, benefits
Cons: small office, lack of opportunity for growth
A typical day at work was calling all of my registered clients and resellers to ensure they were satisfied with service and software.

I learned how to multitask and increased my phone etiquette as well as computer skills.

Management was good, and were in the same office which made it easy to communicate.

My coworkers still remain some of my best friends to this day.

The hardest part of the job was speaking with dissatisfied clients and helping put them back at ease.

The most enjoyable part was seeing the pilot program that I helped create go on to a global scale.
Effective and Challenging work Environment with good recognition
QA Automation Engineer (Former Employee), San rafael, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great team and good recognition at work
Cons: travel time and no free lunch
A typical day at Autodesk includes Stand ups and Sprint discussions. It was a great learning curve for me as I had to work with the Salesforce platform and Rally which was a new introduction to me.Our team was a small one consisting of 7 people which included couple of developers and QA with the lead. We had lots of Fun at work as we had team outings and team lunches happening more often.The hardest part of job was the travel! I had to travel 72 miles one way to reach my workplace. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be with my team mates working and the stand ups. The environment was challenging and kept us on our toes.
Great
Computer Aided Drafting Student (Former Employee), Folsom, CAFebruary 5, 2015
I enjoyed learning the different software programs Autodesk offered.
A typical day of work consisted lecture in the morning and work assignments in the afternoon. I learned to familiarize myself with the various tools on Inventor, AutoCAD, and Revit.
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 25, 2015
good, very good
Fast pace fun place to work
Senior Programs Manager - Global Services (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 15, 2015
It is never boring, the company is growing fast and the customers and products are amazing. The hardest part of the job is working in a large matrix organization where getting consensus is not always possible.
Awesome company building tools for architects, engineerings, product and game design.
Senior Principal UX Designer & Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 1, 2015
Hardest part of the job was that much of engineering was located in India and China. As a UX designer, I had many meetings that started up after coming home from work and went into the wee hours of the night.

Best part of the job was working on design tools for creative people.
AutoDesk Awesome
Network Operations Engineer I (Former Employee), Petaluma, CADecember 18, 2014
I absolutely loved working at this place, my management and team were the best. Unfortunately I left because I had moved out of the area. A excellent place to work with great processes and directions for upper management.
IT Helpdesk Specialist
IT Help Desk Specialist Americas (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 19, 2014
Working at Autodesk is great for your resume, although the culture here is not the best. Many contractors, who are all treated not very well, singled out of everything. Not much room for growth unless you become a full time employee. I would definitely recommend this company if you would like to learn a lot, and set your self up with a good career. Good place to kick off your career, but difficult to become a full time employee
Headquarters