Autodesk

Autodesk Employer Reviews

IT Helpdesk Specialist
IT Help Desk Specialist Americas (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 19, 2014
Working at Autodesk is great for your resume, although the culture here is not the best. Many contractors, who are all treated not very well, singled out of everything. Not much room for growth unless you become a full time employee. I would definitely recommend this company if you would like to learn a lot, and set your self up with a good career. – more... Good place to kick off your career, but difficult to become a full time employee – less
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee), New HampshireOctober 20, 2014
great place to work, awesome culture, and awesome benefits!
New Career Development in Human Resources
HR Specialist/Ops-HR Info Solutions (Current Employee), San Rafael, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: work with a fortune 500 company
I was given the opportunity to update my skill set to include Human Resources processes. I collaborated with other teams and departments on Automating certain processes, I also worked with University Recruiting on onboarding of Summer Interns This includes the following processes:

Introduction to Workday
HR Records Room Management
I9 Administrator – more... for U.S. employees
Employment Verifications
Unemployment Claims
SAP
Taleo – less
Autodesk, INC.
Reception/Global Ergonomics Program Coordinator (Current Employee), San Rafael, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: welcoming environment, supportive team members, close knit.
Cons: contingent employees do not receive benefits and are excluded from many company activities.
It was very easy for me to move up within the company. Not only have I gotten to use my skills in a productive way, but I have also been able to learn new skills whilst on the job.

I enjoy working here because the environment is very friendly and welcoming. The management has not only been supportive of me moving up into different departments, but – more... have encouraged it. They seem like they actually care about your long term well-being and not just what is good for the department at that moment in time. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches, work from home.
Cons: slow growth
Productive and fun workplace.

Flexible work hours.

Working here taught me a lot about the corporate working environment.

It actually taught me how all the Software Engineering principles given in the books are actually implemented in real life.
Engauging work environment
Staff Engineer (Former Employee), Laramie, WYSeptember 20, 2014
I big company with an individual touch. The company invested time into my development as an engineer helping me to excel at my work.
great place to work.
Inside sales/Customer care Major Accounts (Former Employee), San Rafael, CASeptember 15, 2014
Great place to work way back when. I owe a lot to ADESK fo rbeieving in my and givn me the hnce I need to susced in the corporate world.
Good Company to Work For
Data Analyst (Current Employee), San Rafael, CASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great work experience.
Cons: lousy commute.
Excellent work environment.

Great work experience.

Management very easy to deal with.
Hires off the street more than from own talent
Sales Support (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: rare internal promotions, have to network within the company to be considered for any position, desire for growth is not valued.
For Denver office:

Great benefits.
Amazing health insurance.
Business casual attire.
One of best company to work for
Global Business Services Rep (Current Employee), San Rafael,CASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: team building, christmas party
Cons: year end bonus
Autodesk is a world leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software and services.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 13, 2014
Good place to work. Good management, great co-workers.
Learned a lot about 3D graphing, 3D sketching, used Javascript again for API testing.
A great place to work
Manager, Learning Programs (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: very good benefits, decent pay, great stock purchase plan, incredible offices in sf (@one market, walk from the ferry!)
Cons: middle management can be... confused, re-orgs are frequent, re-deploys not so common but they still do happen.
You can easily fall in love with Autodesk. It's a great place to work - very cool technology, wonderful people, world-changing reach... one could spend their entire career at Autodesk and be quite happy. The work environment is the best in San Fran; not quite as wonderful in San Rafael but still good. The business is changing; moving away from the old-line – more... desktop software space into a full-on SaaS model. These changes can be painful at times, but senior management is not letting any grass grow beneath them as they work through it. All and all, very positive. You owe it to yourself to look here if you're in the market for a tech job. – less
Great place where I learned a lot
QA Intern (Former Employee), Lake Oswego, ORJune 23, 2014
I learned a lot about programming and CAD programs. Other employees were always willing to help me with my projects.
Excellent place for an internship
Social Campaign Strategy Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 6, 2014
Great atmosphere, fun smart coworkers, and excellent pay and benefits.
Happy and laid back work environment, difficult to advance in a technical career.
QA Analyst, Consultant (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAMay 6, 2014
Pros: laid back atmosphere
Cons: technical talent is not valued
What I Liked:
This was my first job out of college, where I worked as a QA consultant on a development team in the backend IT department. We followed Agile Scrum development, so a typical day started with a half hour Daily Stand up meeting where everyone got to discuss their progress on the current sprint's stories. I liked these meetings because I – more... would always know what the developers and other QAs were working on, and this made it easy to coordinate with the rest of the team.

Everyone had their own individual tasks to complete, but no one was ever so caught up in their own work that they couldn't stop to discuss something unrelated with another co-worker. In fact, verbal communication was an integral part of the job, since written documentation is a low priority in Agile development. If you are a lone-wolf type who likes to get things done without coordinating with others, then this sort of environment might not be a good fit.

The overall atmosphere seemed very laid back, and I never felt too pressured about meeting deadlines or working extra hours.

What I Didn't Like:
My department did not seem concerned with retaining technical talent, as most technical positions were filled by consultants and there was very few opportunities to be converted to an employee in a technical role. If you have a technical background and are looking to follow that career path, this is probably not the best place to grow.

The company is known for having frequent "Re-orgs", where new teams are sprung up, and existing teams get dissolved. This makes your future at the company seem very uncertain. In the best case, one of the new teams will require someone with your skill set and you can continue to have a job; Although you will be working on an entirely different project, with entirely different people. Worst case is that your skill set and knowledge is not relevant to the new teams and there's nowhere for you to go. This is what eventually ended my term at Autodesk. My team was dissolved and no other team had any interest in a QA or Developer with just over a year of experience in software development. – less
I have enjoyed my tenure in all the Companies where I worked.
Senior Siebel Consultant (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAApril 11, 2014
I have enjoyed my tenure in all the Companies where I worked.
I thoroughly enjoyed working with Autodesk
Global Partner Services and Operations Specialist (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, internal cafe and waterpark close by
Cons: long commute
The daily global customer service and operation was intriguing and fascinating. This position was vital for my development with SAP, SalesForce, Seibel and Outlook. I became highly savy with the different systems and quickly became a specialist.

My co-workers were supportive, reliable and supportive. They were fun to work with and great team players.

The – more... most enjoyable part of my job was speaking different languages throughout the day (Spanish, Portuguese, English and Creole). – less
Great compensation and products, stay away from M&E division
M&E - ISM (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great location, espp stock purchase program, good compensation.
Cons: management
The company has it's fingers in a lot of amazing sectors of technology and has great products to boot. M&E division maintains different culture and has weak management in place.
Strong products, good culture
Director Marketing (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Great place to work, interesting products, innovative for a large company
Former Manager
MANAGER OF SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (Former Employee), Saint LouisJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: work environment, co-workers, ability to learn
Cons: a bit of organized chaos
Autodesk is a great place to work. They really take care of their employees and deal with cool technology.

The Autodesk training programs are wonderful, especially ELP/ALP.

However, as with all large companies, sometimes communications are a challenge, especially between departments.

1 2 3 4

About Autodesk

As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a – Read more

Autodesk Photos