Autodesk Employee Reviews

Excellent company and good corporate culture
Manager, Employee Impact Program (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAFebruary 8, 2016
After 18 years, it is sad to be part of the 10% reduction in force at Autodesk. It has been the most challenging, exciting, and rewarding place I have ever worked.
The corporate culture is good, and the people are fantastic. It's an innovative company with lots of creativity.
I've learned so much and I am ready to take my experience and knowledge to another great company.
Pros
Good people, latte machines for free coffee drinks, good work space
Cons
Lots of pressure, lots of overtime, unreasonable timelines
Great place to work - wonderful culture
Project Specialist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Autodesk is an experience and I am lucky to work here. The people are wonderful and always there to assist when needed. I've learned a great deal.
It was a great place to work, nice environment and lots of perks.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Overall the main campus in Marin kept us busy all the time, I had a great co-worker that was a team player. When you stay busy doing facilities work times flies real quick.
Pros
Great place to work the cafe food was subsidies by the firm.
Cons
Paying bridge tolls
A software development company for the business minded
principal designer (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day at Autodesk is enjoyable. Colleagues are steeped in experience and typically friendly and engaging. I've learned a lot about how to design and develop apps and platforms in the enterprise environment. Management in general is laissez faire (hands-off) and this approach tends to promote "being your own CEO" and driving success with one's own power and hard work. I have made quite a few great friends of co-workers. The hardest part of the job is carrying what can be a very heavy burden, depending on the role, team, product and division. The most enjoyable part is learning from wonderful people.
Great Company Culture
Business Partner - Finance/Strategy (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CADecember 3, 2015
Great company.

People truly care about their work and co-workers.

Management does a great job of communicating roadmap and vision of the company.
Very Rockstar
Education Content Developer and Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 2, 2015
I think I am a little too blue collar for Pier 9. I set goals, I meet them, I give deadlines, I meet them. I don't over promise, and I don't under deliver.

Pier 9 has a competitiveness that encourages over-promising and grand-standing.
Pros
Amazing projects and great people
Cons
Unreliable
Great company to work for
Senior Full Stack Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 9, 2015
Typical day: Meetings, dev work, bug detection and fixing.

What I learned: Writing large scale backend application, improved my node skills.

Management: is very easy going, and fun to work with.

Co-workers: Some seniors some juniors, great teamwork, we teach and help one another.

Hardest part: Tracing a bug for 2 hours at 2 am in the morning during prod release, and then find out that another service is causing the issue.

Most enjoyable part: Problem solving, critical thinking, and programming :).
Pros
Work from home allowed once a week
Awesome place to work
Channel Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CANovember 6, 2015
Dog friendly, Pizza Fridays, Great Management, Great Product. Encouragement to grow within the company. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Prductive
Hadoop Developer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco,San RaffaelNovember 2, 2015
Good working environment.Learned new things.Working in Agile environment. Co-Workers are good.Commute is a big problem.
Hard to be objective
Principal Content Developer, Autodesk M&E (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 19, 2015
I don't believe these questions are productive, "confidential" or not.

The job was challenging but enjoyable. I appreciated very much the teams I worked with and my (and their) immediate supervisors. Especially a treat to work on 3D modeling animation, and to work with various creative artists.
Friendly work environment between team members.
Lead Intelligence Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 1, 2015
It is easy to communicate between team members. Regular all-hands meetings. Decent amount of politics and sometime it delays the work process.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
No documentation, politics
Politics, lot's of politics
Team Lead, Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 26, 2015
Management is hands off and does involve itself until things get bad, then they want to blame someone.

Lots of perks/benefits but WFH depends on the manager and does not seem widely accepted
A good work environment
SQA Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAAugust 24, 2015
Autodesk, Inc., is a leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software. Since its introduction of AutoCAD software in 1982, Autodesk continues to develop the broadest portfolio of 3D software for global markets.

Customers across the manufacturing, architecture, building, construction, and media and entertainment industries—including the last 19 Academy Award winners for Best Visual Effects—use Autodesk software to design, visualize, and simulate their ideas before they're ever built or created. From blockbuster visual effects and buildings that create their own energy, to electric cars and the batteries that power them, the work of our 3D software customers is everywhere you look.

Through our apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Android, we're also making design technology accessible to professional designers and amateur designers, homeowners, students, and casual creators — anyone who wants to create and share their ideas with the world.
Typical Day
Global Security Operations Center Officer (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJuly 25, 2015
Great environment that is welcoming and professional. I usually work every shift at least one or twice a week. I enjoy the fast pace of work flow that our department receives.
Pros
Great parking
Cons
Far commute for me
Challenged me to pursue higher goals
Global Security Operations Center Officer (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJuly 6, 2015
I've learned to stay consistent, detail oriented, and focus on projects/ tasks. Communicate clearly to employees, guest, and vendors via email, phone and in-person. I was able to work alone without supervision. Made decisions to hep prevent risks and hazardous situations. I enjoy working with a team that was hands on and focused to get the ob done.
Fast Paced and Fun
EIS Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJuly 6, 2015
Company focused on culture and customer service. Excellent training and opportunity to move up in positions with greater responsibility. Enjoyed working with a team of excellent people who regularly got together with me to do after work extracurricular activities. Job was fast paced and due to this time flew. It was difficult at times due to the company growing so rapidly. We always needed more team members to join our group but it was hard to find people like the ones we already had. People who not only can perform the job duties on a technical level but also people who have great personalities and excellent customer service skills. I enjoyed working with and helping others the most.
Good environment, but not enough women
Community Marketing Manager (Contract)​ (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 3, 2015
The work is cutting-edge and interesting on a daily basis. My team was very easy to work with, international, competent and friendly. However, in a team of 20 people there were only 2 professional female members.
Pros
free lunches, flexibility
Cons
not enough professional women
Global Mobility Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 30, 2015
A friendly environment with an amiable atmosphere and culture. Provides a nice work/life balance and the ability to telecommute.
Productive, great atmosphere
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 26, 2015
Constant learning
The management team is very helpful
Everyone is friendly and willing to answer any questions
Family friendly company
Autodesk Inc.
Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 14, 2015
Autodesk is a great place to work for ... Only if you are a full-time employee working under the company.

I shall not complain too much about my position at Autodesk because I learned a lot. I started here as an intern from YearUp Bay Area as a Helpdesk Specialist. At first, I did not know what Helpdesk was. It took a lot of time getting used to being here and the work they had me do.

I learned a lot of Active directory, troubleshooting, how to speak to people over the phone while being on a computer and worked with some really great people out of here.

Though, it was great to learn and after my internship my contract did get renewed, but after my contract ends it will go downhill, it's going to go against an american's companies morals, our managers out-sourced our job to a team of 24 in the Phillipines with Cognizant.
Pros
Mondays and Wednesdays had catered lunch at Landmark
Cons
Being held by a string if you are a Contingent worker

4.2