Autodesk Employee Reviews in United States

Its Work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 25, 2016
Fun place to work great team and lots to learn. There is constant change to keep it exciting. Great Product that is needed in the market.
Fun Times....
Project Coordinator, Creative Services (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAApril 21, 2016
Worked there for several years. Back in the mid-1980's there were some fun, fun times.... but with the increase in need for more corporate structure, those days are sadly a memory... though fond memories :)
Pros
Great start-up company "back in the day"
Cons
Big and corporate now
Good company, good benefits, but management needs work
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 17, 2016
Autodesk has a great product and employees can be proud to work for a company with such a good reputation. The people are terrific and the space in SF is pretty awesome. However, management is very uneven and not everyone is on the same page. There are a lot of mixed messages.

Beware of younger managers and those who have been with the company less than 2 years. They are eager, ambitious, and have little-to-no training on how to manage people. Loyalty and tenure are not valued at Autodesk, and the company does a major reduction in force about every 3-4 years, focusing on releasing employees who have been with the company more than 10 years.
Pros
Good benefits, sabbatical every 4 years, closed between Xmas and New Years
Cons
Major terminations occur every 3-4 years, with the majority of those impacted having working for the company a long time.
Great culture
Partner Services & Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMarch 26, 2016
Great company, great coworkers and fun place to be. The hardest part of the job is that technology changes so fast. Always adjusting to the new terminology and new technology can be hard. The job is very rewarding.
Great Place to Work
Salesforce Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMarch 7, 2016
Great place to learn and work. Colleagues are helpful and provides good opportunity to grow career. Excellent work-life balance
Excellent Benefits, Location, Facilities, Bad Culture
UX (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 3, 2016
Pros: Benefits, Salary, Location, Facilities, Resources, decent/fairly interesting products, free lunch 2 days per week, work from home on Friday.

Cons: New employees will struggle to be effective at times due to the large amount of "backstory" knowledge resident in the heads of existing employees. This is a very political place, Management is ineffective at driving initiatives to success. The company appears to be struggling with reconciling its culture from when it was smaller with the changes required to be efficient as a larger company. Its not uncommon to have conference calls at night during the week to collaborate with other ADSK offices in other timezones.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Location, Facilities, Resources, decent/fairly interesting products, free lunch 2 days per week.
Cons
Very Political, Confused management, growth challenges, late night conf calls
Budget Cuts
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 16, 2016
7-9% of the workforce was cut at Autodesk, Inc. I was a contractor unfortunately at the time.

This is something I'd like to keep to myself only because there really wasn't much more to say than the fact that it was a great company to work. Unfortunately, budget cuts impacted my stay at Autodesk.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Insecure Job - Contractor
Great technology but executive management fragmented
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 11, 2016
Autodesk provides really cool technology to a variety of interesting industries. A person beginning their career could really learn a lot here. But executive management is erratic, with no centralized product management or strategy. Too many products, some of which overlap each other. Lots of territorial conflicts due to lack of leadership.
Pros
Great technology, cool locations, top notch benefits
Cons
Erratic management, resulting in overlapping products, lots of politics, hard to advance.
Excellent company and good corporate culture
Manager, Employee Impact Program (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAFebruary 8, 2016
After 18 years, it is sad to be part of the 10% reduction in force at Autodesk. It has been the most challenging, exciting, and rewarding place I have ever worked.
The corporate culture is good, and the people are fantastic. It's an innovative company with lots of creativity.
I've learned so much and I am ready to take my experience and knowledge to another great company.
Pros
Good people, latte machines for free coffee drinks, good work space
Cons
Lots of pressure, lots of overtime, unreasonable timelines
Autodesk in quest of the Cloud
Product designer/Subject matter expert (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORFebruary 5, 2016
Future will tell if Autodesk will be successful in the conversion from desktop products to cloud products. Autodesk uses Adobe as the lightning example but it might need its desktop products a little bit longer to make the bottom-line.
Great place to work - wonderful culture
Project Specialist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Autodesk is an experience and I am lucky to work here. The people are wonderful and always there to assist when needed. I've learned a great deal.
It was a great place to work, nice environment and lots of perks.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Overall the main campus in Marin kept us busy all the time, I had a great co-worker that was a team player. When you stay busy doing facilities work times flies real quick.
Pros
Great place to work the cafe food was subsidies by the firm.
Cons
Paying bridge tolls
A software development company for the business minded
principal designer (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day at Autodesk is enjoyable. Colleagues are steeped in experience and typically friendly and engaging. I've learned a lot about how to design and develop apps and platforms in the enterprise environment. Management in general is laissez faire (hands-off) and this approach tends to promote "being your own CEO" and driving success with one's own power and hard work. I have made quite a few great friends of co-workers. The hardest part of the job is carrying what can be a very heavy burden, depending on the role, team, product and division. The most enjoyable part is learning from wonderful people.
Great Company Culture
Business Partner - Finance/Strategy (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CADecember 3, 2015
Great company.

People truly care about their work and co-workers.

Management does a great job of communicating roadmap and vision of the company.
Very Rockstar
Education Content Developer and Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 2, 2015
I think I am a little too blue collar for Pier 9. I set goals, I meet them, I give deadlines, I meet them. I don't over promise, and I don't under deliver.

Pier 9 has a competitiveness that encourages over-promising and grand-standing.
Pros
Amazing projects and great people
Cons
Unreliable
Great company to work for
Senior Full Stack Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 9, 2015
Typical day: Meetings, dev work, bug detection and fixing.

What I learned: Writing large scale backend application, improved my node skills.

Management: is very easy going, and fun to work with.

Co-workers: Some seniors some juniors, great teamwork, we teach and help one another.

Hardest part: Tracing a bug for 2 hours at 2 am in the morning during prod release, and then find out that another service is causing the issue.

Most enjoyable part: Problem solving, critical thinking, and programming :).
Pros
Work from home allowed once a week
Awesome place to work
Channel Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CANovember 6, 2015
Dog friendly, Pizza Fridays, Great Management, Great Product. Encouragement to grow within the company. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Prductive
Hadoop Developer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco,San RaffaelNovember 2, 2015
Good working environment.Learned new things.Working in Agile environment. Co-Workers are good.Commute is a big problem.
Hard to be objective
Principal Content Developer, Autodesk M&E (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 19, 2015
I don't believe these questions are productive, "confidential" or not.

The job was challenging but enjoyable. I appreciated very much the teams I worked with and my (and their) immediate supervisors. Especially a treat to work on 3D modeling animation, and to work with various creative artists.
Friendly work environment between team members.
Lead Intelligence Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 1, 2015
It is easy to communicate between team members. Regular all-hands meetings. Decent amount of politics and sometime it delays the work process.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
No documentation, politics

4.2