Autodesk

Autodesk Employer Reviews

Great place where I learned a lot
QA Intern (Former Employee), Lake Oswego, ORJune 23, 2014
I learned a lot about programming and CAD programs. Other employees were always willing to help me with my projects.
Inspiring company to work for
Anonymous (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 11, 2014
Pros: work from home on friday
Autodesk is a great company with awesome product! Very friendly and supportive corporate culture. However, there are too many stakeholders involved in making decisions. Therefore, it's challenging to move projects forward at a healthy pace.
Excellent place for an internship
Social Campaign Strategy Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 6, 2014
Great atmosphere, fun smart coworkers, and excellent pay and benefits.
Happy and laid back work environment, difficult to advance in a technical career.
QA Analyst, Consultant (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAMay 6, 2014
Pros: laid back atmosphere
Cons: technical talent is not valued
What I Liked:
This was my first job out of college, where I worked as a QA consultant on a development team in the backend IT department. We followed Agile Scrum development, so a typical day started with a half hour Daily Stand up meeting where everyone got to discuss their progress on the current sprint's stories. I liked these meetings because I – more... would always know what the developers and other QAs were working on, and this made it easy to coordinate with the rest of the team.

Everyone had their own individual tasks to complete, but no one was ever so caught up in their own work that they couldn't stop to discuss something unrelated with another co-worker. In fact, verbal communication was an integral part of the job, since written documentation is a low priority in Agile development. If you are a lone-wolf type who likes to get things done without coordinating with others, then this sort of environment might not be a good fit.

The overall atmosphere seemed very laid back, and I never felt too pressured about meeting deadlines or working extra hours.

What I Didn't Like:
My department did not seem concerned with retaining technical talent, as most technical positions were filled by consultants and there was very few opportunities to be converted to an employee in a technical role. If you have a technical background and are looking to follow that career path, this is probably not the best place to grow.

The company is known for having frequent "Re-orgs", where new teams are sprung up, and existing teams get dissolved. This makes your future at the company seem very uncertain. In the best case, one of the new teams will require someone with your skill set and you can continue to have a job; Although you will be working on an entirely different project, with entirely different people. Worst case is that your skill set and knowledge is not relevant to the new teams and there's nowhere for you to go. This is what eventually ended my term at Autodesk. My team was dissolved and no other team had any interest in a QA or Developer with just over a year of experience in software development. – less
I have enjoyed my tenure in all the Companies where I worked.
Senior Siebel Consultant (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAApril 11, 2014
I have enjoyed my tenure in all the Companies where I worked.
I thoroughly enjoyed working with Autodesk
Global Partner Services and Operations Specialist (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, internal cafe and waterpark close by
Cons: long commute
The daily global customer service and operation was intriguing and fascinating. This position was vital for my development with SAP, SalesForce, Seibel and Outlook. I became highly savy with the different systems and quickly became a specialist.

My co-workers were supportive, reliable and supportive. They were fun to work with and great team players.

The – more... most enjoyable part of my job was speaking different languages throughout the day (Spanish, Portuguese, English and Creole). – less
Great compensation and products, stay away from M&E division
M&E - ISM (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great location, espp stock purchase program, good compensation.
Cons: management
The company has it's fingers in a lot of amazing sectors of technology and has great products to boot. M&E division maintains different culture and has weak management in place.
what you learned
Intern (Former Employee), SingaporeFebruary 14, 2014
Learnt how to program a MIS system that helped automate company processes.
Strong products, good culture
Director Marketing (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Great place to work, interesting products, innovative for a large company
Former Manager
MANAGER OF SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (Former Employee), Saint LouisJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: work environment, co-workers, ability to learn
Cons: a bit of organized chaos
Autodesk is a great place to work. They really take care of their employees and deal with cool technology.

The Autodesk training programs are wonderful, especially ELP/ALP.

However, as with all large companies, sometimes communications are a challenge, especially between departments.
Good Pace to work
DevOps Engineer (Current Employee), San Rafael, CAJanuary 21, 2014
• As part of my current role i am involved in Environments designing for Testing Environments, System integration test, Stage and Production environments apart from this I am involved in Architecture and identifying the existing system gaps and fix the loopholes of the ancient build system.
• Environment configured using AWS EC2, AWS Dynamo DB, AWS – more... S3, AWS VPC, and AWS Security Groups (creating, maintaining, configuring) using IAM
• Setting up Splunk to diagnose problems (including setting up forwarders and configuring alerts)
• Configured auto-scaling AWS VPC stack using JSON templates(preferred using cloud formation and scripting - e.g. coding the server)
• Continuous integration of code and deployments using Puppet, Jenkins, Maven for Development, QA and couple of other environments.
• Configured AWS Elastic Load Balancer, AMI.
• Installing Boto, Python and couple of other tools required for the application teams.
• Configuring user profiles using AWS IAM and couple of other external utilities.
• Configured VPN for leveraging Puppet services across multiple VPC’s. – less
Productive and opportunity to learn advanced technologies
UI Developer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Learnt Advanced Frameworks like Backbone.js and Test Driven Development Approach.
Opportunity to get familiar with the latest technologies used in the UI field currently
Good place to work under right management
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), San Rafael, CANovember 12, 2013
This is a great company to work if you are working with good managers. Flexible, but at times workload can be very heavy.

Some management is awful, which makes job security an issue. Several consultants make up the information systems of this company.
Great Work / Life Balance, great company culture
Software Development Intern, Big Data Analyst (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJuly 17, 2013
Super smart people, world-changing technology. Autodesk have managed to raise the lowly engineer to the level of Geek Superhero - in fact, they were just named one of the Universum Top 100 Ideal Employers for engineering students.

In the right role, one can change the future. Autodesk is a powerful enabler in many spaces, and smart, young people can – more... truly excel in this company.

Autodesk transformed drafting and design back in the 1980's, and they continue to lead the world in engineering technology, design, visualization and future techologies (e.g., additive manufacturing, green buildings and engineering simulation). Great benefits and above-scale pay. Super corporate stewardship for many sustainable efforts - Autodesk gives back to the world.

In the right team, you'll have fun while changing the world. The average Autodesker is more than just smart - he or she is probably a fun-loving prankster / comedian, too. Seriously, the work atmosphere is intense but when this they take a break from their task lists, the majority of functional teams have a great time together. This alone can make work at Autodesk very, very worthwhile. – less
Exciting, ever changing environment to grow professionally and personally.
Sr. Manager, Web PMO (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAJune 19, 2013
Pros: 4 year sabbaticals
The landscape is always changing and Autodesk has the backing and guts to follow the tide to land in front of the big wave. Great company.
Exceptionally employee friendly
CRM Data Migration Consultant (Current Employee), San Rafael, CAApril 12, 2013
Really good company to work with. Learned more about data warehousing, best practices in data migration, data integration and CRM.
Quality Analyst (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAMarch 5, 2013
- amazing team to work with
- got enough time to understand the requirements and then contribute
- apart from work it is at one of the most beautiful locations i have worked at.
Avoid at all costs
Data Analyst - Enterprise Data Management Group (Current Employee), San Rafael, CAMarch 4, 2013
Pros: modern & clean building, free coffee.
Cons: unprofessional and dishonorable management
Was brought in as a temp. data analyst. Very unstructured and unprofessional work environment. People in my group were treated as 2nd class employees, work is very unstructured and often times leading to great confusion among analysts. Culture of fear, do not ask questions, just keep head down & do in order not get fired. I spoke up agains this, my – more... contract was not renewed. I was told it was due to speaking up but entire team was let go. Was then offered to come back in a similar department, apparently because I was a good worker in other department (?), refused due to insufficient pay and zero career advancement opportunities. – less

Goingplaces – July 10, 2013

I think I know the group you speak of. I am a former employee of the group I believe you must be in. To be fair, I don't think this kind of treatment is the norm at Autodesk, but unfortunately I have seen abusive management there several times. It amazes me that this sort of thing is allowed to happen, that people turn the other cheek or don't want to hear it. The bottom line is, if a manager is delivering, in some cases it doesn't matter how miserable that persons direct reports are. Hang in there. The good news is, Autodesk is a great place to grow, and opportunities often come up, if you stick it out and give it a try, you might find yourself in a great situation. Good luck.

Fun place to work
ABC Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: great enviroment
Fun place to work, friendly management.

Encouraging management.
Enjoyed growing an international business.
International Account Manager - Inside Sales (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 27, 2012
Came in at 3am and worked until 1pm in order to grow this engineering software business around the globe.

1 2 3

About Autodesk

As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a – Read more