Autodesk Employee Reviews

Productive but over the hill
Senior Principal Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYDecember 23, 2016
Enjoy the best years of my employment in my professional career in Autodesk, especially working on big research projects with external partners, and enjoy working with my long time colleagues, some of them over 15 years long, and very good working relationship. However, Autodesk laid out employees in a few rounds, in some unexpected fashions. I lost some long time colleagues and good hard-working team members during my years with Autodesk.
Pros
Excellent compensation / benefits, talented people to work with
Cons
Sudden loss of an entire team
Great benefits, but very politcal
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORDecember 4, 2016
For the most part a great place to work. You are expected to work hard long hours, but they reward good work and most of the people are great. However, don't speak out about senior management because there will be repercussions and you will likely find yourself in the unemployment line during the almost annual layoff cycle.
Pros
Pay, benefits and interesting products
Cons
Senior management
Autodesk is a good company with excellent culture.
International Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PASeptember 21, 2016
Autodesk is recently expanding into the world of manufacturing.
They have little experience with direct customer support which is making the next few years questionable from the standpoint of stability.
Pros
Workplace Culture
Cons
Confusion regarding recent acquisition business line
Bad management, Dirty politics, Constant layoffs
Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAAugust 10, 2016
Dirty politics played by bad management because they don't have the skills to do the job.

Regular layoffs for people who don't cater to managment.

Steady outsourcing increase so no job security.

Upper management burning reserves buying incompetent companies.
Pros
Minimal micromanagement
Cons
Management politics, layoffs, outsourcing increasing, Incorrect reserves use
Great work environment and people to work with
Partner Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAAugust 24, 2016
I really enjoy my time working at Autodesk the environment is very open and the people to work with are very nice.My major complaint is it is very difficult to apply anywhere else internally. If you are working through a contract you could be let go at any moments notice without any notification ahead of time.
Autodesk is a good place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CADecember 13, 2016
The vacation is limited in the US but they try to offset it with offering a sabbatical every 4 years. They are very good to the community. The employees are very dedicated and bright.
Pros
Sabbatical, good to the community
Very creative and supportive place to work.
DAM Administrator APAC/USA (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 19, 2016
Excellent corporate culture for such a large company. Very creative and supportive. Fun, pays well and has a well balanced approach to profits, productivity and employment.
Productive and fun work place
QA Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Good place to work and lots to learn. People are very competitive. Very helping nature people. Followed tight guidelines. New perspectives and technologies to learn.
Great place to work!
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 18, 2016
Autodesk is a progressive software company with excellent benefits and compensation. It's a great place to work for someone who wants constant change.
Pros
Dynamic, fast paced environment
Cons
Too much management change
Great company
WHT-Accountant/CFS-Corporate Finance (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 15, 2016
Great organization.

Management very flexible,accessible, and well informed about the work that needs to be done, and overall willing to give you the support the you need. Supervisors are not always looking over your shoulder and you are given space to implement new ideas about the processes.

I was given the opportunity to use my knowledge and skills and also to learn from my co-workers. I got a lot of support from everyone around me with not hesitation or reserve.

Great working environment. Benefits are good and good work/job balance.Company held and promote workers-social gathering within the facilities or outside the facilities. The facilities are great (very clean and modern. Co-workers are always willing to help no matter in what part of the country (USA) or over-sea they are located.

Some positions have the option to work from home or at the office. This is a very technological oriented organization.
Pros
Flexible and open to sugestions
Cons
Delcam (Co-op), Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAAugust 31, 2016
It was a great place to work not much else to say. Everyone worked together and everyone's ideas were put to use. I traveled about 50% of my time with the company. The travel was almost always 5 days at a time and almost never 2 weeks in a row.
Lots of opportunity
Sr Customer care team Lead / Manager (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJune 22, 2016
Management teams are excellent.
Co-workers work very hard.
Company culture is focused on results.
There is a lot of overtime available which is excellent for those with a strong work ethic.
Overall, the company culture is evolving to build a better work life balance
For those who are dedicated, there are a lot of opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Lots of opportunity, company sabbaticals if you are there long enough
Cons
Plan to have a limited social life
Sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAJanuary 27, 2017
They have a Good long term vision. 3-5 years. Short term is going to be a little bumpy. This is your typical Silicone Valley company.
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
Pay
Social Friendly Environment
Senior Full Stack Developer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 22, 2016
Everyone is very good to you and work space is very good. All the Co-workers are very friendly. Management is also very good to you. There is not much work stress here.
Confused leaders
Sr Support Engineer, CAM (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTAugust 3, 2016
While the leadership of the support group seem to care, they in fact are more concerned with their spread sheets, than their employees and customers.
Pros
great caring people in the lower levels
Cons
managers are just "yes" people and dont question.
It was a very professional place to work.
customer representative agent (Former Employee) –  CASeptember 21, 2016
It was a great place to develop skill and to have an opportunity to grow. Also the job allowed me to get a great I deal on how to satisfy the customer.
Nice environment to work
Ruby Developer (Current Employee) –  SF, CAOctober 11, 2016
Sync up status
Daily stand up
Work on the tasks allocated
Friendly and supportive team mates
Implementing APIs
AWS SQS
Agile methodologies
License Compliance (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 6, 2016
Great people, great benefits and great products. The technology is cutting edge and you have opportunity to work with every type company manageable.
Pros
Good benefits, great people, great technology space.
Cons
Constant change
Good company, good benefits, but management needs work
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 17, 2016
Autodesk has a great product and employees can be proud to work for a company with such a good reputation. The people are terrific and the space in SF is pretty awesome. However, management is very uneven and not everyone is on the same page. There are a lot of mixed messages.

Beware of younger managers and those who have been with the company less than 2 years. They are eager, ambitious, and have little-to-no training on how to manage people. Loyalty and tenure are not valued at Autodesk, and the company does a major reduction in force about every 3-4 years, focusing on releasing employees who have been with the company more than 10 years.
Pros
Good benefits, sabbatical every 4 years, closed between Xmas and New Years
Cons
Major terminations occur every 3-4 years, with the majority of those impacted having working for the company a long time.
Best company I ever worked for
Territory Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Greenville SCMay 6, 2016
I can't say enough good about Autodesk. I loved my time there. They treat there employees so well. I was rookie of the year my first year in sales and was the only one of my team that was over quota. Love Autodesk.
Pros
best technology
Cons
my manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autodesk. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2