Autodesk Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Benefits, Location, Facilities, Bad Culture
UX (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 3, 2016
Pros: Benefits, Salary, Location, Facilities, Resources, decent/fairly interesting products, free lunch 2 days per week, work from home on Friday.

Cons: New employees will struggle to be effective at times due to the large amount of "backstory" knowledge resident in the heads of existing employees. This is a very political place, Management is ineffective at driving initiatives to success. The company appears to be struggling with reconciling its culture from when it was smaller with the changes required to be efficient as a larger company. Its not uncommon to have conference calls at night during the week to collaborate with other ADSK offices in other timezones.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Location, Facilities, Resources, decent/fairly interesting products, free lunch 2 days per week.
Cons
Very Political, Confused management, growth challenges, late night conf calls
Great technology but executive management fragmented
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 11, 2016
Autodesk provides really cool technology to a variety of interesting industries. A person beginning their career could really learn a lot here. But executive management is erratic, with no centralized product management or strategy. Too many products, some of which overlap each other. Lots of territorial conflicts due to lack of leadership.
Pros
Great technology, cool locations, top notch benefits
Cons
Erratic management, resulting in overlapping products, lots of politics, hard to advance.
Excellent company and good corporate culture
Manager, Employee Impact Program (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAFebruary 8, 2016
After 18 years, it is sad to be part of the 10% reduction in force at Autodesk. It has been the most challenging, exciting, and rewarding place I have ever worked.
The corporate culture is good, and the people are fantastic. It's an innovative company with lots of creativity.
I've learned so much and I am ready to take my experience and knowledge to another great company.
Pros
Good people, latte machines for free coffee drinks, good work space
Cons
Lots of pressure, lots of overtime, unreasonable timelines
Great Place to Work
Salesforce Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMarch 7, 2016
Great place to learn and work. Colleagues are helpful and provides good opportunity to grow career. Excellent work-life balance
A software development company for the business minded
principal designer (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day at Autodesk is enjoyable. Colleagues are steeped in experience and typically friendly and engaging. I've learned a lot about how to design and develop apps and platforms in the enterprise environment. Management in general is laissez faire (hands-off) and this approach tends to promote "being your own CEO" and driving success with one's own power and hard work. I have made quite a few great friends of co-workers. The hardest part of the job is carrying what can be a very heavy burden, depending on the role, team, product and division. The most enjoyable part is learning from wonderful people.
Good company, good benefits, but management needs work
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 17, 2016
Autodesk has a great product and employees can be proud to work for a company with such a good reputation. The people are terrific and the space in SF is pretty awesome. However, management is very uneven and not everyone is on the same page. There are a lot of mixed messages.

Beware of younger managers and those who have been with the company less than 2 years. They are eager, ambitious, and have little-to-no training on how to manage people. Loyalty and tenure are not valued at Autodesk, and the company does a major reduction in force about every 3-4 years, focusing on releasing employees who have been with the company more than 10 years.
Pros
Good benefits, sabbatical every 4 years, closed between Xmas and New Years
Cons
Major terminations occur every 3-4 years, with the majority of those impacted having working for the company a long time.
Lots of opportunity
Sr Customer care team Lead / Manager (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJune 22, 2016
Management teams are excellent.
Co-workers work very hard.
Company culture is focused on results.
There is a lot of overtime available which is excellent for those with a strong work ethic.
Overall, the company culture is evolving to build a better work life balance
For those who are dedicated, there are a lot of opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Lots of opportunity, company sabbaticals if you are there long enough
Cons
Plan to have a limited social life
Bad management, Dirty politics, Constant layoffs
Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAAugust 10, 2016
Dirty politics played by bad management because they don't have the skills to do the job.

Regular layoffs for people who don't cater to managment.

Steady outsourcing increase so no job security.

Upper management burning reserves buying incompetent companies.
Pros
Minimal micromanagement
Cons
Management politics, layoffs, outsourcing increasing, Incorrect reserves use
Great work environment and people to work with
Partner Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAAugust 24, 2016
I really enjoy my time working at Autodesk the environment is very open and the people to work with are very nice.My major complaint is it is very difficult to apply anywhere else internally. If you are working through a contract you could be let go at any moments notice without any notification ahead of time.
Great company to work for
Senior Full Stack Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 9, 2015
Typical day: Meetings, dev work, bug detection and fixing.

What I learned: Writing large scale backend application, improved my node skills.

Management: is very easy going, and fun to work with.

Co-workers: Some seniors some juniors, great teamwork, we teach and help one another.

Hardest part: Tracing a bug for 2 hours at 2 am in the morning during prod release, and then find out that another service is causing the issue.

Most enjoyable part: Problem solving, critical thinking, and programming :).
Pros
Work from home allowed once a week
Confused leaders
Sr Support Engineer, CAM (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTAugust 3, 2016
While the leadership of the support group seem to care, they in fact are more concerned with their spread sheets, than their employees and customers.
Pros
great caring people in the lower levels
Cons
managers are just "yes" people and dont question.
License Compliance (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 6, 2016
Great people, great benefits and great products. The technology is cutting edge and you have opportunity to work with every type company manageable.
Pros
Good benefits, great people, great technology space.
Cons
Constant change
Best company I ever worked for
Territory Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Greenville SCMay 6, 2016
I can't say enough good about Autodesk. I loved my time there. They treat there employees so well. I was rookie of the year my first year in sales and was the only one of my team that was over quota. Love Autodesk.
Pros
best technology
Cons
my manager
New and innovative work combined with a small team that would maximize their creative output.
3D Artist - Contracted (Former Employee) –  Fair Haven, NJ (Remote Work)April 28, 2016
Working remotely for Autodesk allowed me to work from my own home and study, which was a newer experience, but one I end up thoroughly enjoying. The day would start off with a general meeting over Skype or Google Hangout, to discuss what we had accomplished the previous day, and what to work on in the upcoming hours. After about halfway through the day, we would have another meeting about our progress so far, and if there were any issues along the way.

I got to experience working with a small-knit group of 5, and being the only artist in the team, I was helping to direct the creative direction, and alert the team to any artistic aversions to the software. We worked with a soon-to-be released version of Autodesk Stingray, to prepare it for public use. I was also working heavily with virtual reality (VR) for the first time in a while, and it helped me get a better understanding of the development technology.

The best part of this job was the ease of access I had at any given time. I did not have to leave anything at the office because my study became my office for Autodesk, which let me have everything at arm's length if I needed it.

There were some technical issues with data transferring software as well as the newer implementation of VR with the pre-existing technology, but these were eventually remedied.
Fun Times....
Project Coordinator, Creative Services (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAApril 21, 2016
Worked there for several years. Back in the mid-1980's there were some fun, fun times.... but with the increase in need for more corporate structure, those days are sadly a memory... though fond memories :)
Pros
Great start-up company "back in the day"
Cons
Big and corporate now
Senior Sales Executive Product Specialist
Senior Sales Executive Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMay 12, 2016
American multinational software corporation that makes software for the architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing, media, and entertainment industries.
Very Rockstar
Education Content Developer and Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 2, 2015
I think I am a little too blue collar for Pier 9. I set goals, I meet them, I give deadlines, I meet them. I don't over promise, and I don't under deliver.

Pier 9 has a competitiveness that encourages over-promising and grand-standing.
Pros
Amazing projects and great people
Cons
Unreliable
Great company with solid business model
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMay 14, 2016
Great company, solid business model, but has too many changes with management & uncertainty in the upcoming times.

Big potential if you survive through the changes.
Great culture
Partner Services & Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMarch 26, 2016
Great company, great coworkers and fun place to be. The hardest part of the job is that technology changes so fast. Always adjusting to the new terminology and new technology can be hard. The job is very rewarding.
Budget Cuts
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 16, 2016
7-9% of the workforce was cut at Autodesk, Inc. I was a contractor unfortunately at the time.

This is something I'd like to keep to myself only because there really wasn't much more to say than the fact that it was a great company to work. Unfortunately, budget cuts impacted my stay at Autodesk.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Insecure Job - Contractor