Autoliv

Autoliv Employer Reviews

It was a good place to work .
prodution worker (Former Employee), Brigham cityOctober 21, 2014
I ran machine and inspected parts It had its up and down days but was a good place to work
Very chaotic and unorganized
Quality Control Specialist, Part Inspector (Former Employee), Brigham City, UTOctober 2, 2014
This job was very stressful. Unorganized and chaotic. However it does give you the opportunity to learn how to juggle and apply your skills.
Very productive and mostly a positive place
Production Employee (Former Employee), Ogden, UTSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks, very strenuous on the body
Although it was fast paced and very strenuous on the body in the area I was last at, it did keep me from being bored and the time seemed to fly right by.
Fun job
Machine Build Designer (Current Employee), Ogden, UTSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: equipment
Cons: work on a dirty floor full of aluminum dust
if you like making tooling this is a great job for you. Lots of equipment to use after hours.
Autoliv is exceptional
Controls Systems Expert (Former Employee), Brigham City, UTMay 15, 2014
Pros: great people, they make lifesaving products
I worked for Autoliv, as a contractor for about 9 years. They are the finest group of people I have ever worked for. They are professional and motivated. They appreciate and reward good workers. I cannot say enough good things about them.
very clean and proffesional.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Ogden, UTMay 10, 2014
Productive and very professional place to work and great people to work with.
what i learned
Engineer (Former Employee), S. OgdenMarch 26, 2014
Pros: everything saving lives
Cons: few-low
I love engineering and making the world safer with airbags also to know i am making sure that they are properly built and it possibly saved someones life is the best feeling in the world going to work everyday feeling not how many airbags can i build but how many lives can i save just today alone. On top of that welding, crimping, folding, machine operate – more... on command, and properly inspect all airbag products are securely built. – less
A company that is focus on Continually improving their product and process.
Production Associate (Current Employee), Ogden, UTMarch 8, 2014
I inspect airbag modules for defects and ensure the quality of the product and suggest improvements to engineers and management. I learned to focus on details and to be through with the job at hand. The hardest part of my current job is finding things to challenge and stimulate my mind. The most enjoyable thing is the people I work with.
Not good relations company
Secretary/Clerk (Former Employee), Brigham City, UTJanuary 27, 2014
They need to work on their people skills. Advancement within the company is terrible.
Great company
Co-op, Vision Team (Engineering) (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 5, 2014
Large stable company where talented and dedicated individuals can succeed.
Great pay
Line Worker (Former Employee), Brigham City, UTDecember 17, 2013
I liked my job at autoliv and was sad to be let go. they have great benefits only for full time workers and not the temps witch they should give full benefits to as well a little less work drama would do the company great.
Challenging environment with lots of opportunity
Plant Manager (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 17, 2013
The organization faced many challenges and was able to achieve world class performance
This place is also count as a great place too.
Quality Control Inspector/Operator (Former Employee), Lowell, MANovember 13, 2013
This company is small company that everyone has to work as a team player. The great thing is they pay high salary to everyone.
makeing air bag for car
assembly line worker (Former Employee), Ogden, UTOctober 15, 2013
Pros: cool co-worker
Cons: short breaks
I make air bag for vehicles on a assembly line it is fun. you some part all night I work with 6 other worker on the some line
Great people
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Ogden, UTAugust 22, 2013
Running a receiving dock is challenging but worth it to see all the productivity
Productive and fun work environment.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Columbia City, INJuly 15, 2013
The company used positive reinforcement to get the job done. The employees where happy to work for a company that treated them like an important part of a team. The hardest part of the job was leaving when they moved the company out of state.
very poorly managed
Testing (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJune 24, 2013
Cons: pay rate is disgusting
89 days & your gone unless you "know" someone. They say no family in the same department but not the case.
great per-diem job for retired GM employee
Vehicle Test drive (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJune 18, 2013
Pros: i love driving & i was able to take my wife on interstate trips..
Cons: none really!
Great company to work for since I am a retired GM employee it gave me supplement income. I was a per-diem employee, paid an hourly wage plus expenses...
Giving up your life to save others.
Production AMT (Current Employee), Brigham, UtahMarch 28, 2013
Pros: benefits are amazing. pay is comparable to effort.
Cons: constant "peasant" archetype pressed onto personnel, lack of leadership from management shows.
A terrible place to work.

Typical day is 8.5 hours. They want you clocked in 15 minutes before the hour. You'll do average production work (not really hard) while getting micromanaged by supervision. Don't even think about getting a weekend off, be grateful you get Sundays off. I logged 240+ hours of OT last year.

The most important thing that I've – more... learned while working here is to keep to myself, as most of the workers view the plant as a second high school.

Management is anything but, as they are more concerned with cutting man-hours per unit than anything else (like safety, traceability, or quality). Family and friends will see preferential treatment over qualified personnel in this "good 'ol boy" hierarchy. All they care about is numbers, whether incoming (inventory) or outgoing (shippable parts). Anyone that doesn't have a desk job here is treated as an expense that the company needs to trim.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the constant double standards, which are not limited to:
- Multiple sexual harassment instances hushed up, while maintaining a "Zero Tolerance Policy".
- Training personnel to push out parts, regardless of quality and safety... while having them sign documentation of the opposite.
- "Don't shake the vending machines, you will be terminated immediately if caught" direct quote during orientation. Followed up by multiple witnesses reporting the HR manager doing so.

The most enjoyable parts of the job are building parts that (if built correctly) save lives, and clocking out for the day. – less
Fork lift Driver
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Ogden, UTFebruary 21, 2013
Performed daily inspections of forklift and operating systems to insure safety and proper
maintenance
* Loaded and unloaded freight in a safe and timely manner
* Scanned barcodes to make sure Freight was placed in the proper place

1 2 3 4

About Autoliv

Autoliv ASP, the North American subsidiary of Sweden-based Autoliv Inc., designs and manufactures automobile safety restraint – Read more

Autoliv Photos