Autoliv Employee Reviews in United States

Productive friendly work enviroment
Payroll Associate (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 4, 2016
A Typical day at work would be going in at 7:30am and starting out my day with temp badges (employees who forgot there badge used a temporary I would input time) Then I would start on Emails, returning any voicemails or phone calls missed, I would then start on my Garnishments which I was in charge of the whole companies, as different Tasks came in throughout the day I would tackle them such as new hires, inputting them in to Ceridian and Kronos, Terminations that come in through each facility etc.
Pros
Friendly enviroment, flexible, Work from home if needed
Cons
No benifits, no vacation time, no personal time
Pays well, decent benefits
Production associate (Current Employee) –  Brigham City, UTNovember 3, 2015
There is no supervisor on the shift. The other shifts seem to be more favored as in treated better. The standards aren't followed the same between views on what is a good or bad part when they should be. Have no motivation to perform the job well, cause we'll have to work overtime no matter how well or bad we do. Only perform well to keep the job. There's smiles but no one is really happy there.

The pay isn't bad and they do have decent benefits. Other than that my experience with the company isn't a good one to say the least.
low pay
Part-Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tremonton, UTFebruary 13, 2016
very unpredictable as far as work load good for teaching one piece flow and the toyota production system good benefits.good bonus program.
Big warehouse with lots going on.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Columbia City, INFebruary 16, 2016
At Autoliv I would get there in the morning and there would be a huge line of seat belts and airbags. We would go over each one and inspect them very carefully to see if they had little holes or if all the pieces were on there. Sometimes when we would have to wait for an order we would tare labels off boxes or do paper runs. My co- workers for this company were really nice along with the management.
Pros
Fun job, Never boring
Cons
temporary
Good Place to work, very productive. Great company
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTJune 24, 2016
quality control inspection. i had a different job almost every night. I learned a lot at this job. co workers were always willing and ready to help if needed, but very aware they had their own job to do. Management made very sure you knew what you were doing and always close by if you had questions
Complete drawing work orders.
Designer (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 15, 2016
I would get drawing work orders from the engineers and complete them in a timely manor. It could be anything from designing a tool-able part, Injection mold, or one that would be made with a bender. Or I could just get a work request to update the drawing
Pros
Learned Catia V5 and NX 9, had access to both software.
Cons
Stressful
Fast paced, able to work with all walks of life
TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAM INTERN (Current Employee) –  Brigham City, UTJune 21, 2016
Dependable for employment and work. Active. I learned the importance of preventative maintenance procedures. Opportunities for critical thinking.
its not fun working with fiber glass. :)
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 6, 2016
I work in the rework department fixing anything that went wrong with the trailors as they came off the assembly line. And I also did insulation of the cooling units and the cooling shoots, and tires. gas tanks and gas lines, as well as installing all electrical wires.
Pros
They had a great cafitieria
Cons
no cons
poor managment
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTMay 1, 2016
poor management, bad moral, On your feet for 8 hrs. and moving, hard on body. trained on lots of good things. didn't really practice what they taught.
Pros
pay, benifits and close commute
Cons
Poor comminication
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTJanuary 4, 2016
The people you work with are friendly. A typical day at work you go in and inspect or build parts, for whichever area your put to work in. The management is impeccable. The hardest part of the job is standing for 8 hours. The breaks are placed very well and make the day seem really short.
Great people to work around, bad hours.
Automated Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Brigham City, UTNovember 14, 2015
I really enjoy working at autoliv but it definitely has it's many downfalls. The main downfall about being in the pyro department is that in your interview they WILL lie to you and tell you what you want to hear about the job. Everyone I have talked to has been told that they will only have to work overtime once in a while and rarely often. On my most recent weeks, I went 29 days in a row before finally being offered a day off. No, that is not by my own choice... 29 days in a row forced overtime until my name got to the top of the list for a day off. If you like working 7 days a week, this may be the job for you then!
Pros
Fun enviorment
Cons
Repetitive, lots of overtime, not managed very well.
Friendly work environment and easy to understand the job.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTJanuary 27, 2016
Typical day at work for me is walking to my area, cleaning around the machines, throwing away garbage used by the last shift, testing each machine to make sure they are working correctly and place each part in the correct places for each machine. Everyone there is friendly and very helpful if you were struggling or have any questions.
Production
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 3, 2016
I loved it got to help out other, train new people. Got to work with parts on vehicle. a lot of people to work with made good friends. They company really made you feel comfortable.
Pros
Lunches were good
Cons
Short Breaks
Fast Pace
Module-Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 25, 2012
A typical day at work I get there on time and start setting up the production line. I learned how important quality really is when assembling an airbag. Management is good but I do not see them very much. My co-workers are great and we all get along and joke around. The hardest part of my job is when we fall behind because there is a lack of material. This can be stressful knowing you need to work even harder to make up parts. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with. They are great and fun to work with.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
short breaks
A great enviroment to learn more about PLCs
Controls Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTJanuary 17, 2016
Plant in middle of mountains with good summer weather conditions
Mentor and colleagues always ready to help or assist
Opportunities to learn, and do projects on systems
Pros
On site Cafeteria
enjoyable team enviroment.
Quality Inspector/production operator. (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 23, 2015
We would have morning meetings so line lead could place us at machines that we would start on. we would set our team goal for the day and switch machines every 2 hours so that we could run all machines on the line and be proficient. I learned to be a team player by taking training classes with a great company. Management was great they had open door policy with employees out on the floor always willing to give us the ability to talk about ideas that would make us a more efficient team. Worked with a great team that was willing to work hard and always give 110%. The hardest part of the Job was When we were told they were sending our jobs out of the country and we would no longer have a job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that management and employees worked side by side on the same level which made all the employees respect them at a higher level.
Pros
steak dinners for reaching goals.
Cons
after working so had to make the cushion facilty an efficient excellent place to work
Good job but very time consuming
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 7, 2015
Autoliv has good benefits and pays better than most jobs. the work takes a tole on your body after a couple of years and advancing is hard. Production depends on the customer demand and the management is not really involved with its employees
very fast paced production with constant changes.
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ogden UTSeptember 15, 2015
Autoliv is an automotive parts supplier. they are fast paced and very quality conscience. the constantly changing culture can get a little hectic at times but can also be very rewarding.
Pros
Great people to work with. Working very hard to become a lean facility.
Cons
Sometimes the changes are not comunicated very well.
Autoliv
Occasional Supervisory (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 26, 2015
I worked there for several years and no matter what, I was never moved up. I feel that with the time I put in and the dedication that I showed, being passed over made me look for employment elsewhere.
Physical and enjoyable place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UtOctober 2, 2015
I enjoyed working for Autoliv very much I wanted to retire from there
but after ten years of being on my feet I had to have surgery on both feet but they didn't heal well enough to go back to work in production