Automated EDM, Inc. has an immediate opening for a direct hire 1st Shift Wire EDM Programmer and Operator. This position will be required to program as well as operate and maintain the machines. Automated is an extrusion tooling and job shop manufacturing company located in Ramsey, MN. The Wire EDM Programmer is responsible for generating code to operate our Charmilles wire machines.
Working hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm with overtime as needed.
Local candidates only, no relocation package offered.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements
- 3 plus years Esprit Programming 2 axis & 4 axis experience
- 4 plus years EDM setup and operation
- Proficiency in converting SolidWorks into Esprit
- Minimum of 4 years of EDM operation and set-up experience strongly preferred
- Read blue prints
- Use Micrometers, calipers, go/no-go gauges, CMM measuring machine
- Understanding of EDM code programming
- Work independently with limited instruction
- Manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to lift 50lbs regularly
- Ability to be on your feet most of the shift
- Read, write, and speak English
Skills and Responsibilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with high pressure, short deadlines, etc.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills - Must be able to work on a team and communicate effectively.
- Proficient knowledge in interpreting blueprints, mechanical drawings and geometric dimensioning and tolerances
- Experience with aluminum, stainless and carbon steels
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with Design Team, EDM and CNC Machinist Group to promote a cooperative working climate conducive to maximum productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participate and support Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Communicate relevant information and concerns positively and effectively to others in timely manner
- Perform work at the appropriate pace to maintain quality and productivity requirements
- Create and compile necessary documents and work procedures to aid in machine set up and operation
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard