Automated Health Systems Employee Reviews in United States

You'll learn a lot if you're open to it
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 7, 2015
AHS is steady. The company does well getting contracts and keeping them. Management is approachable and acknowledges staff (wellness programs, bonuses, annual raises, as well as other incentives.) The people are nice- you're sure to develop a friendship or two.
Pros
A steady and progressive company- working here should get your basisc needs met.
Cons
Salaries are ok, real growth is not very apparent- many people who work here are just starting out, transitioning, retired or near retirement.
Great Place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  tallahassee flMarch 1, 2016
Great place to work. Employees and supervisors worked close together. There are lots of area of growth and advancement. There are lots of good people working there.
They have good training skills
Former member (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 21, 2016
They start you out with good training skills. As time goes by everyone is friendly but watch out for management. They turn on you just like that. All employees are micro managed and if you are late for any good reason they will not accept it. You have to know the right people to move up for a better position.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
You are micro managed, stupid rules if you are a minute late, this is an occurance
Ratings
Enrollment Broker Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 22, 2015
Typical day would be answering incoming calls from recipients who need to add or change plans. I've learned to be patient no matter how much pressure I am under. The management team was very supportive and understanding. If we needed extra training in areas that needed improvement it was provided. My coworkers were awesome to work with. The hardest part of my job is having to tell a recipient that there wasn't anything else we could do to assist them.
The most enjoyable is helping the recipient to the best of my abilities.
Pros
Random acts of kindness, An hour lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Great Work Experience
Enrollment Broker (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 6, 2016
This was a great work experience. It provided a hands on experience to learn the materials and understand the mission of the company.
Great Work Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioJuly 31, 2015
Only good for work experience, not for room for growth with the company.

It came time for my annual review I was not given a raise nor benefits, so I left.
A great company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 12, 2015
I work with the Illinois Health Connect project. I change doctors, look for specialists, explain to members where they can call for any information they need concerning their health plan. Assist members in English and Spanish. I enjoy my schedule and environment of my peers. I recently trained to another project that works for another state and I love the variety of he work. I multi-task as well.
Pros
Great company to work for. Excellent environment to work at.
Cons
Part-time work and no benefits.
The employees, and some of the management is great.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL.February 12, 2012
I have worked at Automated, for 1 year, and 4 months, and am still waiting for the possibility of going full time, which unfortunately, does not seem to be in site for me, or anyone else. While, I like my job, and like being able to help others, I am attempting so hard to find another job, that can offer, room for advancement, benefits and full time. Also, I was hired, as a customer service representative, not an interpreter, and yet, they have bilingual customer service representatives, working as interpreters, but not paying them for it.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
part time, no paid holidays, no benefits.
Great atmosphere
Member Representative (Current Employee) –  nashvilleJuly 16, 2015
Job is relatively easy. Management is friendly and helpful. Can get monotonous at times having to be on the phone so long. Must have a great work ethic to be able to clock in and out on time or will get an occurance every time you are late one minute from breaks or lunch
Pros
Friendly environment. Great co-workers
Cons
Management needs better training methods
over all AHS is a relax workplace with different tasks.
CCS/RD (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 9, 2015
Working at AHS is a good experience. The company offers good benefits and opportunity to learn and grow. I would totally recommend this company to other people.
Pros
Healthcare, benefits
Cons
I don't have any cons
Opportunist
csr (Former Employee) –  SchaumburgOctober 23, 2015
No professionalism.They can kick u for stupid reason.They pick favourite employee for.certain projects.They pretend to ve friendly but certainly not.They control ur breathe too
Pros
free lunches for week
Cons
can't talk even in rEstrooms on phone.
It was a job for a while, don't expect more.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 11, 2015
A few good people, but mostly self serving egomaniacs, and or criminals working there. It was a paycheck for a while, don't expect more. Make sure to have a bank account for you pay to go into, otherwise you do not get paid on time.
Pros
other than being paid, can't think of much.
Cons
constantly being watched over and micro-managed...
No permanent positions everything is temporary
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee,WIJuly 31, 2015
I like the fact that I have learned about HMO enrollment and the different HMO insurance companies. I also enjoy the fact that it is downtown and easy to get to everyday. I usually take about 50-60 calls per day regarding people wanting to enroll, change, or disenroll in their HMO insurance. The hardest part of this job is telling customer they are locked in to their HMO and have to wait to change. The most enjoyable part is when I am able to assist a member from start to finish of an enrollment.
Pros
Free monthly bus passes
Cons
no full time available
friendly staff
Medicaid Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 28, 2015
call center environment. inbound calls. Medicaid related. steady work. job security. not much advancement. good hours. easy work. the company is growing now.
Pros
easy
Cons
n/a
provided HMO enrollment services for BadgerCare
Senior Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 12, 2015
At the time they were the provider for all HMO enrollment in the state of wisconsin. Outreach throughout the state was done face to face with potential enrollees.
Pros
Working directly to resolve enrollment issues
Cons
Very large territory
Summary
Choice Counseling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 7, 2015
The culture is not conducive to the growth of the employee as an individual. Full time hours are not allocated so it necessitates the employee to seek multiple other jobs in order to make ends meet. The good thing is it is above minimum wage.
Pros
Pay above minimum wage
Cons
inconsistency
500 person call center with a mixture of nationality's because of different people needing Medicaid.
Lead Choice Counseling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 5, 2014
A typical day at work, I come in do my paper work and assist agents with information on Medicaid policy's and irate callers. The job actually is not hard but dealing with stressful calls by people who wont let you assist them could fall in the hard category, but it is rewarding when you calm them down and get them the assistance they require. The most enjoyable part is helping people get the Plan that fits them most. I am in management and we have Leadership training that assist a great deal and I have learned to be a better leader through these programs.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
stress level
Fun
Choice Counseling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 5, 2015
perfect place to work, lots of chances to grow, staff is really friendly. Overall this is a nice place to work. The pay is also nice.
Pros
monday through friday work week.
Cons
no job security
Routine, friendly and supportive
Client Enrollment Broker Project Associate (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, IlSeptember 28, 2012
Medicaid in general is a tough subject in America. Automated Health Systems employees and management is at the core very patient, friendly and knowledgeable in this field. A typical day is managing over sixty client accounts and that can vary from changing doctors with the card to changing plans as well. I've learned about the Medicaid population and how the system works in general. Management is supportive and the hardest part of the job is giving a hundred percent to sixty cases a day, it can be very tiring.
Pros
cash incentives
Cons
short breaks, management can be critical and "nip piky"
It was a learning experience at all times
Medicaid Options Agent (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 25, 2012
The human resorce and personal and the managers of this job were great they understood my father being sick and my leaving the company. They helped me in whatever i needed. Health care is a fast paced envrionment and it changes all the time so we had to be ready for every day up-dates. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have helped some one get the medical benefits that meet them or thier families needs.
Pros
work week was mon-fri off weekends
Cons
making sure you remembered all the up-dates it may be 5 a day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Automated Health Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8