Automated Systems of Tacoma (AST), a privately-held, profitable, machinery design & manufacturing company with over 45 years of proven success in continuous innovation and new product development is looking for a Sales Engineer to join our growing Hygiene business segment team.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining AST’s market based product portfolio and for the successful positioning of AST’s products in target markets. This person will also contribute to and execute strategic vision and working with engineering and Account Management to deliver bookings, revenue and contribution margin results.
- Maintain current knowledge of changes in business climate, markets, trends, new technology, competition, emerging customer needs, and changes in customer business strategies.
- Identify high value new product opportunities and ensure that products are aligned with customer needs and expectations.
- Develop and maintain product strategies with short and long term goals in support of AST’s overall segment strategy.
- Make recommendations for capital expenditures and R&D projects necessary to achieve business goals.
- Initiate, prioritize and manage product developments within engineering.
- Assist with the development and implementation of product launch plans and selling materials.
- Work closely with Customers to develop and submit timely, professional proposals, and partner with Account Management to convert these proposals into profitable orders.
- Manage product specifications throughout the project execution cycle.
- Actively cultivate trust relationships with individuals at all levels of each customer account.
- Pursuit of Perfection
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Product Design or a related field.
- MBA degree desired but not required
- 7+ years’ experience in the Hygiene industry.
- Specific knowledge and experience with design, manufacture and integration of automated machinery for the Hygiene industry.
- Experience with 3D modeling software preferred
- Excellent communication, technical writing and presentation skills
- Strong business-related financial expertise
- Proficiency with Microsoft office and MS Project
- Familiarity with Miller Heiman sales processes desired
- Ability to work effectively in a team and motivate others
- Ability to change direction quickly and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Irreproachable professional integrity
- Demonstrated history of making good business decisions
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, forthright, and thorough
- Willing to travel 25% - 50% or more as required
AST is proud of the long tenure of our employees. Providing challenging and rewarding work, with opportunities for personal/professional development in a family atmosphere is our key to this longevity. AST is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a full-time position based in Tacoma. Compensation is competitive, including salary, bonus potential, health plan, and vacation time.
AST is a global supplier of robust, high speed converting machinery to the diaper / disposables industry. With over 30 years of experience,...