Automation-X Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Miss this Job
Inside Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Wysox, PAMay 11, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Automation-X.It was a very sad day and time when I was laid off. The hierarchy treats employees like family, and you can put your trust in everyone on the team. The customers were a joy to service, and I will sincerely miss everyone I was so privileged to meet through this company.
Pros
Camaraderie, Trust
Cons
Down Market employing need for lay offs
very unprofessional environment
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 29, 2016
I learned a lot about automation products but the overall work experience was very unprofessional. This is not a good company to work for if you would like to be treated fairly.
Great Company
INSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMSeptember 21, 2015
Everyday customers would contact me for needed items for projects or sites. I would work directly with the customer or outside sales. I enjoyed the challenge of learning what parts did and how they worked. My coworkers were like a family each helping the other. The hardest part was the new items having to learn as much as I could to assist customers as they were asking about items. The most enjoyable was creating a memorable experience for each customer so they would always refer to Automation-X for their automation needs.
Pros
Great working experience, great company to work for.
Cons
Management was changing a lot in a short period of time.
Not as advertised
Automation Programmer. (Former Employee) –  Platteville COAugust 15, 2014
This is for anyone considering working for their "Tech Services" organization.
First of all, it exists on paper only. You will be led on with stories of 180% growth (2nd quarter 14 saw negative growth in that org). You will be told about supporting multiple clients and technologies. You will support their one and only client. You will NOT be working on any current technologies. Hello, isagraf.
They do not have even the most fundamental tools of a Tech Services organization. Right down to their off the shelf Best Buy laptops. Instead, you will have to borrow equipment from their only client.
There is no business development, nor would anyone know how to develop business there. The managers are ignorant to their market, to their employees and to their own roles. They all have fancy titles like "Chief Technology Officer".
Most days are spent rearranging previously (poorly) written logic and debugging. The CTO can't manage timelines or customer expectations so I was left on the hook for work that couldn't be completed in time. Weekend and night work was the norm.
What this job really is boils down to one thing. You will be a temp employee for an oil and gas producer. That's it. Nothing more.
If you consider yourself to be a professional instrumentation and controls specialist, then do your due diligence in researching what this company is and does. This will not be the position it is advertised as.
Pros
Salary was ok.
Cons
Unprofessional, no leadership. No real business model.
Good but not Great
Sourcing and Supplier Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 22, 2014
Freedom to pursue and develop position. Lack of morale at times with employees. Insuffecient training in how to access internal information creating guesswork in the decision making process at all levels.
Pros
Bonus incentive for all employees, Excellent medical coverage
Cons
Lack of internal communication and direction by management.
Fun workplace with great people!
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 11, 2014
A typical work day consists of shifting inventory to fill our orders here in our Odessa warehouse. Providing great customer service to walk in customers and helping them determine what Automation products would benefit them. I enjoy helping our customers with whatever parts they are needing to help automate their oil and gas wells.
Pros
No stress involved, great co-workers
Cons
pay and health insurance