Automation Personnel Services

Automation Personnel Services Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work for the purpose of making a living
Assembly/Packaging (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 30, 2015
I had a job but was not sure if I could keep it because the boss can send you home at his choosing. There were no benefits at all for workers except your salary.
Pros
good work envirobment
Cons
no benefits at all
Fun workplace and Great first job
Human Resources/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 12, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management. Constant work flow. on job training. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help clients and meeting new people from different backgrounds. I also enjoyed working with my co-workers and manager. The office became over crowded due to more work load.
Pros
Paid Lunch, Healthcare Benefits, Bonuses, Free Lunch, Paid Training, Overtime
Cons
Traveling
Get excellent job leads
Temporary Employee/ General Labor (Former Employee) –  1500 Mount Zion Rd. #207 Morrow, GA 30260April 26, 2015
This temporary agency keep you posted with opportunities to find professional work with the knowledge that you can obtain job advancements with company. The staff at Automation Personnel Service has good management when it comes to their client's job interest and abilities to perform well on the job.
Pros
Taking professional interest in finding their employee's job opportunities.
Cons
Poor Benefits
Very unorganized, and poor Management
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Charlotte NCOctober 24, 2015
I believe that if you choose to work for this company it means your on your last resort. I do not feel like the company is organized, and they just would place you anywhere, without throughly explaining what needs to be done. My brother also worked where they put me, and although it's a a easy job, anyone could come in and work (which made me say they were unorganized) . The temp agency is okay, but I don't think they truly care. I know I'm all over the place, but basically what I'm trying to say is if you feel you have a lot of qualifactions, and skills pertaining to a certain field of work do not waste your time coming here.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Unorganized, poor Management

Comment – February 24, 2016

Employees receive the Essential Job Functions, wage and hours at the time of an offer. Our staff are trained to give this information; we will work with our branches to ensure this is occurring. Automation Personnel Services strives to provide an open, honest disclosure to all new employees. Hourly wages are discussed up front when job offers are made and potential employees are given the option to accept or reject the offer.

Great Atmosphere/Great Team
Office Administrative Assistant/Accounting (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 17, 2015
A typical day at work involved many collection phone calls to customers in order to try to keep them current with they're payments. Also, reconciling accounts and communicating with the sales team to provide effective service with our customers was a great priority in order to provide the best customer satisfaction.

The management team was amazing at helping to resolve and communicate and issues or concerns at any point in time.

My co-workers were great and got along with everyone of them very well.

I wouldn't consider that any task that was assigned to me was hard. I am very fast learner and adapt very well under stressful or difficult situations.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to build great business relationships with customers, and of course our weekly company breakfasts that were provided to us.
Temp agency that sends you out
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 10, 2016
Great temp agency, they usually have work and are good with full time placement. Not good with permanent placement. The jobs they send you to are usually within good distance.
doesnt send you to jobs of your trade or field
temp worker (Former Employee) –  Mableton, GAApril 4, 2016
the agency sends people on assignment but promote temp to hire...the jobs that get assigned out most likely wont be what you feel out for...

Comment – June 21, 2016

Thank you for your input, we strive to be the best, and the best way to get and keep a job through Automation is to help us please our customers. Without them, we have no jobs to offer. Many of our assignments are temporary in nature and will not lead to permanent employment. However, many of our assignments have the potential to be temp to hire. The opportunity to be hired on by a customer is determined by that customer upon completion of an assignment and based upon individual performance while on an assignment. TIP: Perform each assignment to the best of your ability! Showing up on time, dressing appropriately, displaying a team attitude and staying busy are among the many things you can do to impress your prospective employer.

A Stepping stool
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 20, 2016
Come in and get straight to work type of place
management need to act more professional
co workers were present to be around
An enjoyable job experience
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GASeptember 30, 2015
The workplace was very drama free, and fun. Management is very understanding to personal situations, and the employees are very welcoming, and helpful. The hardest part about the job is being considered by management to become a permanent employee versus being a temporary worker. I enjoyed working at this job, because there is never an unhappy face in the building.
Pros
Ice machine, vending machine, and a fenced in patio area.
Cons
Unclean refrigerators, unclean micromaves, and heat.
Life in the Workplace
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clanton, ALFebruary 10, 2014
There was not a lot of management within the office. I learned to multitask very fast. Things were also going on in the office. For example: managers, co-workers and workers coming in setting up meetings at the spur of the moment when you have a deadline for another project. The typical workday went by pretty fast because it was also so busy in the office (which I love). I loved working with my co-workers. I consider them good friends now even though I no longer work there. The most enjoyable part of the job was finding people who sincerely needed a job a good place to work with a steady pay check and security. It was always a blessing to see the smile on their faces when they were told they were hired.
Pros
if paid good money.
Cons
healthcare and benefits
Have to be able to work under pressure and be a natural multi-tasker
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  AlabamaDecember 7, 2012
A fun place to work with wonderful co workers. You must be motivated and hard working to succeed. Sometimes you have to work long hours and weekends, but the end result of job placing, and seeing those out of work finally get a job makes it worth it.
Pros
job stability, ot, benefits, mileage reimbursements, great co workers and friendly management
Cons
on-call, long hours and weekends, orders come in at any time and you may have to drop what your doing and go to the office, work/life balance can sometimes be difficult, but not always.
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALFebruary 10, 2016
I learned a lot by working through automation I learned a lot of technical , and problem solving that I can take with me for the rest of my life
its a good place to find work
genral labor (Former Employee) –  GASeptember 22, 2015
if your looking for work and you know some General Labor its a good place to start, the work isn't to hard or its not that easy some task can be harder then others. some breaks may be to short witch you will notice when working at different warehouses there are suppose to be "30 minutes" but some may end up 20-15 minutes. but over all Automation is a good company to work for.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
you might run into some bad warehouses..
Poor company overall
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 19, 2014
High turnover of internal staff. Management was incompetent. Does not care about the employees treats them like only as a number. Would not recommend at all.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
lies about positions, expensive benefits
Wonderful company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Memphis tnAugust 19, 2015
Automation is a wonderful company that rewards hard work and sensible employees. They are a temp agency, but they work very hard to find a job that best fits you. Great management and workers.
Cons
you have to work so many hours to qualify for Sick/Vacation time, and if you have more than 14 days between assignments, you have to reset those hours and start over again.
Automation
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 3, 2015
Automation Personnel Services was an Good Job, Great environment and had excellent opportunities within it. Also had great hours.
Staffing Coordinator
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 12, 2015
Great place to work! Management is the best I've ever worked for!! Definitely a job for a multitasker, someone who likes to stay busy. If you don't like dealing with people this job isn't for you.
Pros
Management, always having something to do, learning new things everyday
Cons
None :)
Did not enjoy
Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2015
They were very inconsistent with there job booking; hours, pay, and work period. Were not able to keep me gainfully employed.
Pros
Work rarely when I had none
Cons
Very inconsistent

Comment – February 24, 2016

Automation is only successful when both our employees and our customers are satisfied with our placements. Hourly wages are established by the client and are communicated to the employee when the offer is presented. All employees have the option to accept or decline assignments. Many of our assignments are temporary in nature and will not lead to permanent employment. If candidates are only interested in long term positions, they should advise our staffing coordinators and they will only be considered for those assignments.

Helping people
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northport ALOctober 13, 2015
Answering phone and helping people find a job and changing people lives, family atmosphere, the hours are great, overall a good place to work
Excellent temp service to work for
Jantorial/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Pelham, ALAugust 7, 2012
I enjoy working for this company. I like the fact that it is mostly by myself. Servicemaster is a great janitorial company. The owner is an excellent owner/manager who actually cares about his employees. It has been a pleasure working for him.
Pros
getting paid every week
Cons
no benefits