AutoMax Employee Reviews

Excellent Salary...Tough place to work.
Finance Manager - Producer (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 23, 2016
This was a Love Hate relationship. Excellent pay, terrible work Life Balance. Ownership very stern, a bit more than needed. However, after that statement, I do understand why so stern. This is a high class operation, with high overhead. Yes, and that high overhead includes that excellent salary you are receiving. If your looking to sock it away, follow the rules, you will have great job security and retirement easily. Ignore or don't follow the rules and you will have a negative attitude about this organization. Overall, if I where to move back in this area, I would seek employment here.
Pros
Exceptional $$$$ in your pocket.
Cons
Hard place to work if not following their rules.
Learning the lessons of life
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 19, 2016
As life goes by we must all be humbled at some point to realize where we could be. Working at Automax as a detailer was great but having to scrub cars all day for minimal profit was not what I knew life could be. I learned a lot of tricks to keep cars clean. Different tricks to get hard stains and pet hair out of fabrics. I learned a lot at this job and the management was very hospitable.
Pros
Constant workload
Cons
pay
Amazing company
Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Boss and employees were amazing. Great job great benefits. Closed down due to upper managent not managing their money. Weekends off great pay. Hated to leave
rude company
Parts Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 21, 2016
very rude and unprofessional sales people and office workers. the owner, his wife and kids, are very judgemental look down their noses at everyone
Very harsh work enviormnt. sink or swim enviorment
Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 5, 2016
Was not a employee friendly place.
Only cared about money and had no concern for employee well being or health.
Trying to find something better where the employer cares about workers.
Productive and fun workplace
Lot attendant (Former Employee) –  Maple Shade, NJDecember 23, 2015
Automax is a well managed used car dealership in maple shade, NJ. Working there I learned a lot of hands on situations when I was a lot attendant, and a lot of customer service skills when I was working as a sales rep.
long hours, outdoor sales, no loyalty
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMNovember 30, 2015
typical car sales...backstabbing by coworkers. Management ignored employee complaints. long hours, days off were not together. Sundays were nice but weekdays were spread out.
benefits
Cons
outdoor environment
Worked from open to close everyday with competitive employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 21, 2015
Very competitive work place. If you do not sell a vehicle you do not get paid. At times they will pay you when they see fit for the vehicles you sold in the past.
Pros
free lunch on Saturdays
Cons
pay
Fun Environment/ Great Employees
Corporate Office Manager / Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 9, 2015
I have greatly enjoyed working with my fellow employees and the day to job duties. I have learned a great deal about the used car industry and the back end of purchasing from Auctions all over the United States and in another Country.
Cons
Benefits, Future Growth and Unstructured
Excelent
Diagnostics all models (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 8, 2015
Stop working for a personal error, excellent company. good company and organizer, diagnostic diferent makes and models.
Pros
free wekends
Cons
begins early
A great business to own, had a lot of fun doing it while it lasted.
Self-Employed, President (Former Employee) –  Philipsburg, PAApril 1, 2015
Especially enjoyed the classic cars that would come in. Sponsored Make A Wish Foundation with a truck show. The mechanics that worked for me were always full of energy and positive motivation for one another. It was a constant learning process as all cars and trucks vary, sometimes drastically, from one another.
Pros
I learned a lot more about cars and trucks than I've ever known.
Cons
The location was on a dirt road so it was inconvenient for customer traffic.
Title/Payoff Clerk (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 16, 2015
By far the least liked job I have had. Company expects you to work a position that requires at least 2 people and Owners were hardly ever there to sign off on checks to finish the job.
no light at the end of the tunnel
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHApril 7, 2015
I can't say when they will turn around, but so far what I can see they have dug a hole they can't get out of anytime soon. I like everyone that's in sales, but other than that I can't say I look forward to staying here.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Productive enviroment and a very positive atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 9, 2013
Working with the Automax team was a very positive experience. I met a lot of great people that I stay in touch with today. It kept me extremely busy and helped improve my multitasking skills immensely. Management was always very helpful and understanding. The hardest part of the job I would have to say would be irate customers because no matter how good my customer service skills are it is extremely difficult to calm down a very upset customer. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the happy customers because nothing makes my day more than seeing smiling customers.
Enjoyed driving to various locations
Part Time/On Call--Same as above (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 14, 2012
Able to drive a lot of different vehicle makes and models. A typical day would start with picking up and delivering cars to various dealers, auction centers throughout PA. Learned how important it is to maintain your vehicle, as regular maintance will prolong the life of the vehicle.
Pros
got to meet a lot of people
Cons
sometimes very long hours
poor Customer Service
Car Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 5, 2012
Customers are not cherished and treated as such. Sales People were rude and had bad language and Management did not perform proper reviews to eliminate the negative work environment, which made it impossible for me to continue my Employment.
Pros
relaxed work environment
Cons
customers were not treated properly, taken advantage of
Automotive deilership
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 23, 2013
Work started at 7 AM with an hour for lunch. Work was plentiful. The people I worked with were great and willing to help in any situation. The shop itself was poor as it was to small for the amount of technicians and the volume of vehicles being worked on. This was a commission based paying job.
Pros
great people
Cons
small shop, only had one stall.
Improperly managed and foul payroll deductions
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 23, 2012
The sales team on the pre-owned section is poorly managed, your pay has deductions left and right for items sometimes that there are no proof for. There is no training besides online training done by Ford or any other dealer.
Pros
lots of traffic
Cons
payroll, co-workers, management, lack of training
Values were far from making people happy
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 24, 2013
Management was very forward, blunt, and hurtful. If a problem risen with customers, you were forced to take care of the situation on your own. For example; I customer dropped their vehicle off for warranty repairs, well after taking the necessary part(s) off the technician had not had the proper parts to complete the repair. The vehicle at that time would not be drivable or safe to try. So I went to my manager, whom has to authorize everything in any situation. I asked about possibly putting the customer in a loaner vehicle, My manager became irate. He then called the technician in the office were we had been talking and asked us both " whose paying for the loaner car for the customer?" The tech and I just looked at each other, unsure if we were supposed to answer. Needless to say, I payed for it, only to make it right for the customer.
Pros
compensation
Cons
employees, management, values.
Not a fun job, but the people are ok
Parts Runner (Former Employee) –  oklahoma cityFebruary 17, 2013
I worked as a parts runner and it involved being stuck in rush hour traffic for 2+ hours a day. the management wasnt very understanding of this and I was often told to deliver something thru rush hour at five oclock. I was supposed to get off at five.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AutoMax. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7