Automobile Club of Southern California

Automobile Club of Southern California Employer Reviews

productive work place
Policy Service Specialist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2014
Pros: pay
good place to work learned alot about auto,water craft,home/renters insurance policies
Escrow is not my calling
Insurance and Membership Specialist (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJune 11, 2014
Pros: consistent schedule
Cons: not fun
I learned how to manage a fast paced office environment. The hardest part for me was going from a friendly place working with Mary Kay to a 9-5 job with nothing to do with Health and Wellness. The most enjoyable part was meeting some great ladies who work there.
n/a
Insurance Service Representative (Former Employee), Visalia, CAMay 13, 2014
Great work atmosphere, I learned a lot about a large variety of different subjects.
So much turnover
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 11, 2014
Worked here over a decade ago, this department no longer exists.
Terrible management from top to bottom, culture of fear and abuse
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, not too many lay offs in the it department, many programmers and engineers have been there for years.
Cons: idiotically political, stagnant, depressing, fear-based, low respect for employees who get things done, do not value innovation, deceitful management
Just a terrible company. One of the worst companies I've ever worked for.

Fear based:
- Management does not treat employees with respect, but with contempt. They will never own up to their own mistakes but will always lay blame on you. Most managers in this company act as if they're your lord and master rather than as a working colleague.
- They'll – more... jump through hoops for an executive manager...even if the direction and actions are questionable.
- Vindictive. These people are vindictive.
- They require everyone to take a "personality test" and reject great candidates all they time. They want people who can answer "corporately" and they take hair sample drug tests: this is how much suspicion and contempt that they view their employees with.

They lie to everyone and they lie to each other. They care about politics and not about service. If you decide to join the technology department, you'll probably lose your job within a few years once they start moving everything over to Texas - oh, they'll lie to your face about keeping the tech jobs in California, but they won't. They'll be moving their main "technology infrastructure" to Texas.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my peers. Great people, most of them. Talented and got done what needed to be done, but the people who managed us all were completely and hopelessly useless.

From the useless and overpaid execs to the useless and overpaid group manager down to the useless and over paid supervisors, the management of this company is it's greatest WEAKNESS. Most managers in this company are "bosses" but they are NOT "leaders." Good leaders usually leave.

All this will, and already does, effect member services.

I used to respect the Autoclub brand, but after working for them, I'm disgusted by them. – less
Great environment with friend staff members
Member Relations Team Lead (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits
The Automobile Club is a great place to work. Great benefits.
It is a very good company to work for.
Property Claims Adjuster IIII (Former Employee), santa ana, caMarch 17, 2014
I was a claims representative III , I handle a very large number of property claims ( structure and theft) , The Auto Club is a very good company to work for, it is a member based company. The Auto Club is very focus on high quality of member service. The work environment is very friendly.
Very fast paced environment.
Service Representative/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Burbank, CAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: relationships formed.
Cons: management
Monitoring member requests for emergency roadside service. Ensuring that service is sent out in a reasonable amount of time and keeping members informed of any updates regarding their service. This experience showed me how to be more understanding and sympathetic to others situation.
Great place to work.
Direct Sales Agent (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMarch 6, 2014
Fantastic support and a great environment. You make many out bound phone calls and help a lot of people through out the day.
Reputable Insurance company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMarch 4, 2014
AAA has it's place atop of the Insurance industry dealing in Auto,Home, Boat, life, and umbrella. As an Insurance agent your focus is on sales and customer retention. A great deal of hours and travel are required but the reward is well worth it.
High would not recommend
INSURANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CaFebruary 26, 2014
Poor management. Horrible staff. Did not like working there. Only good thing was that I was not rushed to do my job.
AAA
Systems Administrator (Contractor) (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 16, 2014
Enjoyed my time a AAA. Excellent place to work.Highly recommended.
Productive, friendly staff
Specialist Dispatch !! (Former Employee), Burbank, CAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: always had work, staff is friendly
Cons: stressful, round the clock work and so hard to make friends
I worked in this company for 18 years. Learnt a lot. Very fast paced, and always on the phones. Management is very strict, hardest part of the job is adjusting to shift bids ans changes in times
We provided excellent service for our members.
Customer Service Specialist II (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 12, 2014
I've worked for the Auto Club of Southern California for many years as a customer service/Sales rep., helping many members on the phone and in person. During the years, I've been known as one of the best problem solvers in the office.
Good Environment.
Policy Management Specialist III (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 8, 2014
Worked in a team setting with about 15 other colleagues and about 9 other teams. Supervisor allowed questions whenever you had them. Demanding phone skills and inbound call numbers. Learned many state laws and to be prompt when answering phones. The most enjoyable part of the job was listening to so many different people throughout the day and feeling – more... that you could help each one. – less
Great company to work for.
Sales Insurance Cashier/Bookkeeper Clerk (Current Employee), Los AngelesFebruary 5, 2014
I have been employed with this company for a while, Its a great company to work for.
Worst place to work
Policy Service Specialist (Former Employee), Costa MesaFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: received my p&c state license paid by the company
Cons: horrible management, low pay for what is expected of you, very difficult to request a day off
I was hired on as a Policy Service Specialist just about a year ago. I was excited to be working for such a well established company that I could grow with.
I have not ONE positive thing to say about working in their PMG / ISS department.
1. Poor management skills.
2. Communication between supervisors and employees did not exist.
3. Was threatened by – more... management that if you didn't meet your monthly goals you could be easily replaced.
4. No time for follow up calls to insureds which would cause negative feedback on you.
5. Could never receive a straight answer from supervisors.
6. Witnessed other representatives getting fired on a very regular basis.
7. Felt as if you were always walking on eggshells.

The final outcome was I was fired for making a mistake. A simple mistake that did not warrant a termination. There was no explanation from my supervisor. I was just pulled into the office, was told that I was being fired for "Disregard of Club Standards" and escorted out of the building.
I will never recommend working for AAA. – less
work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: crowded
steady work schedule. crowded. good environment. being on the phone for 8 hrs. benefits.
Stable but stuck in the past in regards to technology
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 19, 2014
The company is stuck in the past and there is too much paperwork involved with selling an insurance policy. Hard to sell when you are bogged down with paperwork and no assistant to help.
Very profiecient office evironment
Service Representative (Former Employee), Long Beach, CaJanuary 16, 2014
This is a great company to work for. The pay is great the schedules are flexible and the atmosphere of the job is excellent.

1 2 3 4 5

About Automobile Club of Southern California

Ready to ride to the rescue for cars that have gone south in SoCal is the Automobile Club of Southern California (ACSC). The largest – Read more