Automobile Club of Southern California Employee Reviews

Insurance Agent
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAApril 3, 2017
Retail sales position in a branch. Core duties include consulting existing policy holders, cross selling to members, cold calling potential new customers and writing insurance policies.
Pros
Sales trips
Cons
Stressful in the member service center
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 2, 2017
It would be better if you didn't have to worry about meeting quotas every month. You should care about what the member needs instead of bombarding them with products, it didn't use to be that way now it seems its just a numbers game.
Awesome culture with great opportunities and benefits.
HR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 29, 2017
When I decided to move from California to Colorado, the hardest thing to do was leaving The Club. My family and friends were important too but I did not see them everyday like I did with my team. The environment was fast-paced enough with lots of celebrations, making the office a fun place to be in. The Club believes in their employees and I appreciate their loyalty.
Old Fashion Values that Stand Strong
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 23, 2017
well standing company that sticks to old fashion values...such as seniority run positions with excellent benefits...Once you're in the opportunities are endless
Good company
Property and Causality Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 23, 2017
nice place to start work and get god experience but lots of pressure no life balance and no career development the ceiling is just being an agent no more chances of growing.
Great place to be an insurance salesperson
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAMarch 17, 2017
A typical work day involved quoting new business, amending existing policies, and performing home inspections for potential policies. I learned about the insurance (auto, home, motorcycle, RV, renters) and how procedures are handled. The management at AAA was always there to overcome issues, objections, and disputes. The workplace culture is very team-oriented and AAA always offered great incentives for top performers. The most difficult part of the job was working late to get a policy written. The best part of the job was explaining how policies work and what they cover in the event of an accident or disaster.
Pros
Explaining the advantages to AAA insurance over competitors
Cons
Working late to get a policy written
decent place to work
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2017
start on time, room for growth, friendly environment. warm employees and staff. and they are willing to work with you. Just be honest and do your job
Pros
growth
Cons
favoritism
have a lot of fun activities
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 30, 2016
The company is a good place to work you must have patience and my co workers are pleasure to work around. I enjoy when we have contest they provide wonderful gifts
Pros
when service get busy they provide free lunch
Well runorganization
Claims Adjuster, and attorney (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 9, 2016
I started there right out of the Navy and had several opportunities. I ultimately became an attorney and tried several lawsuits over the time I practiced there.
Large company with growth opportunity
Regional Collector Car Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 10, 2016
Large company with growth opportunity for the right people. Sales focused. Not always employee friendly.

Full paid training provided. Promotes from within.
Pros
Large SoCal based company
Cons
Large SoCal based company
Call center environment
Policy Service Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 23, 2016
The job is excellent great compensation and growth opportunity. The hours and available overtime are great and training is provided.
Micromanagement
Senior Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 4, 2016
I worked in the IT department and it was run like we are not human and even with a proven record of excellent annual reviews, me and my coleagues were constantly under watchful eyes of the management. It is truly run like a slave farm.
Pros
Cafeteria, nice building
Cons
Micromanagement
Productive and fun work place
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 1, 2016
Is a great place to work co-workers are very friendly and helpful. You would get free lunch depending on the occasion. They would motivate employees to get out and walk. Management is very helpful and with training.
productive fast paced enviroment
DMV Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 4, 2016
Great environment co-workers work as a team. I like working with the public it can be challenging at times but overall great. Busy office always something to do.
Cons
always short handed, not enough time to get work done
Awesome company to work for
Senior Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CA 92626June 29, 2016
Great company to work for Love my job and the people I work with they train you well give tools and there is a lot of room for advancement.
Typical call center environment
Call Center Representative - Claims (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 24, 2016
As with every job, it depends on who you work for (direct supervisor) and with. They do offer incentives with fun rewards during the year, but the insurance / sales department is very much favored over other departments in the company.
Cons
Have a referal goal that can be hard to meet depending on what department you work for.
Great place to work with outstading culture
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaMay 27, 2016
Great place to work with outstanding culture but not a good work life balance. Travel required for inspection of homes and several vehicles out side the office during non business hours
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Commision only pay
Co workers are fun
Branch Operations Specialis II (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAMay 10, 2016
Management is horrible and they are able to do as they want weather you qualify for a position or not you can be bypassed by an indivicual being there way less time than you. You have to goals to meet to receive a yearly pay raise and get promoted no matter how long you have been with the company or you can get terminated if goals are not met.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Goals
Automobile Club of So Cal Great Place to Work
Insurance Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CaApril 25, 2016
AAA is a great place to work, it offers much stability and opportunity for advancement if you take the initiative. The pay even to start in most entry level positions is very good. There are some coveted positions such as Claims, Audit, and Branch Operations that hardly ever come up to be filled because most stay forever and a dark day and they also have people already secured to fill the empty spots. In the IRU department it is a very warm and cozy atmosphere since it is not that big and is a fairly new position with a very unique compensation plan which was rolled out first in 2013. There is opportunity to make more money than a lot of supervisors and managers in other departments currently make or will have the opportunity to make in their current positions. That can be kind of scary though the job can be trying and you really do need to know your stuff; anybody who takes all training seriously can do the job and meet and exceed goals. Makes me wonder if they will phase out our department because we can even make more than Sales Agents who generate new business, we just save the current business for the most.
Pros
Great Pay, Stability, Lost of Room to Advance, Flexible Vacation
Cons
Commission Can Seem Unattainable Sometimes, Base Pay isn't Very High
Large Company
Direct Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 25, 2016
Made a lot of phone calls and emails. Also, you had to do your own paperwork for your contracts. Worked 50 - 60 hours a week just to meet required quotas.
Pros
Make good money
Cons
Never had a day off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Automobile Club of Southern California. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval