Automobile Club of Southern California Employee Reviews in United States

Must dedicate your life to the company
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 22, 2016
Things are night and day from the interview to being on the floor. You can make decent money here but you'll have to spend most of your time at the call center. No PTO either. Management is always changing things around and it's not in the employees favor. This is ran like wolf of wall street so if you don't make outbound calls you will be frowned upon. Always adding more duties to the employees.

You become really good at multi tasking and managing your time. Most coworkers are supportive and willing to hep.

A typical day at work would be getting there and making outbound calls for the first hour and a half. Then you're receiving calls for an hour before having to go back to dialing for another hour or so prior to lunch. Once you come back you're on the phones receiving calls for 3 hours. Most days you'll stay half an hour longer or so.

If you're ok with living to work and can thrive in a position where micromanaging is ok you should be fine.
Pros
job security, benefits
Cons
management
Loved our team, everyone got along and worked well together
Agency Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 28, 2015
Busy fast paced position which required you to work quickly and efficient, no room for error. High call volume and work load daily.

Learned how to provide great service and gained excellent work ethics where little managing was needed and appreciated by management.

Coworkers had a positive attitude and were team players.

Hardest part was the department was expanding in volume and revenue but the company would not increase staff. Increasing staff was promised but did not happen.

The environment, morale among employees was pleasant which always helps in a work place.
Pros
Yearly raises and bonuses
Cons
Not enough employees in a department
I am seeking a company where I can use my experience and education to help the company meet and surpass its goals.
Senior Secretary/Insurance Underwriting Department (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAOctober 1, 2015
Initiated and maintained confidential and/or technical files, records, monthly and annual budget. Supported two or more Underwriting Managers. Provided administrative assistance compiling data for production reports. Received visitors and answered phone inquiries, scheduled appointments and meetings, and performed other secretarial duties. The hardest part of my job was getting the department employees to turn in the weeks production numbers and having the weekly Production Report to department Vice President, Director and Managers by noon each Monday.
Pros
Lunch
Benefits
Great company, many retirees
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CADecember 14, 2015
Auto Club of Southern CA is a great company to work for, they are stable company of over 115 years in existence. They offer a great benefits package and many opportunities.
Don't do it!
customer service (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaJanuary 25, 2016
I worked at AAA for over 25 years. What started out as almost a family run business environment became a corporate monstosity. They hide behind their 100 yr old reputation as a non-profit entity but trust me they are in it to win it....profit wise. This translates to a terrible work environment for its employee's where there is a prevailing culture of fear. They give you all kinds of cross sell goals things like asking the AAA member do you want a AAA credit card? How about Life, Auto or Renters Insurance? No? well how about talking to our Travel Agent? They quantify each refferral and if you dont meet that quota you are written up and eventually fired. This is all in addition to just helping the member in whatever your scope of practice is within the company. I was lucky to get out on an early retirement. They have this motto "Were always with you" Trust me they are always with you (member) as long as they can make a buck off you!
Pros
Cons
see review
Great corporate atmosphere
Direct Sales Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 15, 2015
The Auto Club of Southern California has many opportunities for its employees. The people that work here have great attitudes to build strong friendships and bonds. Growing throughout the company is encouraged since it benefits the company overall. I can't say enough on how I enjoyed working here.
Productive place to work
Emergency Roadside Receiver III (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 3, 2015
Start off day by logging in and begin taking calls. Learn how to effectively speak to people over the phone. Management needs to stop getting on people for smallest things. Co works are the best people around.

Hard about the job is that is repetitive day in and day out. Being able to help people in need.
Pros
Great co workers benefits
Cons
Too many goals to adhere
Answer phone for your entire shift
Emergency Roadside Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 19, 2015
The job has great pay and good benefits. The type of calls can be stressful and you have to helpful and kind to rude and angry people. The job is very repetitive, you repeat the same thing on every call for 8 hours. You also have goals that you have to meet each month, Also your pay depends on the surveys of the members which can suck at times. Co-workers are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Pay, Sometimes free snacks and food, Co-workers
Cons
Stressful, Dealing with difficult people, being in ine spot for 8 hours
My experience with AAA
Call Center Representative / Claims and Insurance (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 30, 2015
In my years with AAA i have learned many things. This job has equipped me with many skills such as advanced computer knowledge, as well as extensive training in auto insurance and claims. My coworkers are very nice and friendly. The hardest part of my job is having o tell insureds who may be experiencing a financial burden, that they have a deductible to pay. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping out the members by providing them with legendary service.
Pros
healthcare benefits, 401k
Cons
no holidays off, no flexibility in schedule
Stable career and strong leadership
Senior Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Fun work place with supportive management, focused on building a great future and stable career. AAA helped me grow as an employee and will always be grateful.
Productive, Structured workplace
Insurance Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAJanuary 16, 2016
A typical day includes running specific reports, balancing a cash drawer, helping several members in person and on the phone, while supporting a high producing team of agents. I learned to improve multi-tasking skills, while staying proactive and productive. My manager trusts me to work without supervision and to solve problems on my own. My co-workers are friendly and supportive. Teamwork is important to all of us. The hardest part of the job is exceeding cross-sell goals. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the needs of all my customers and seeing them satisfied.
Stable company to work for
Help Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 22, 2015
Stable company to work for and good place to grow your experience. You will work a lot of overtime in the IT department but they compensate you for it in pay.
Pros
great pay.
Cons
long hours.
potential to earn a large income
Direct Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 24, 2016
great 4 month training
potential to earn your worth

inbound/outbound calls
aggressive management
competitive environment
Pros
great 4 month training, potential to earn your wort
Cons
hours
Team-Oriented with Many Opportunities
Emergency Roadside Services Receive Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 14, 2016
Auto Club of SoCal is a great place to be employed. The staff is always helpful and looks for ways to help you get promoted and earn bonuses. The overall attitude is conducive for growth and pushes healthy living. Taking over 100 calls a day means helping over 100 people who may be in danger on the road.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great pay
Cons
Short breaks
Good Benefits Horrible Pressure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJanuary 5, 2015
The Auto Club has become all about sell, sell, sell even if you're not a sales person! Most co-workers were wonderful. Old management was very diplomatic and knew how to make you feel valued. New management not so much. The hardest part of the job was being told that the member and customer service always come first, but if you don't meet your cross-sell goal then you'll be demoted or fired. There is so much pressure on cross-sell that we have to practically shove our services down the throats of our members while processing their DMV transactions in order to maintain our position. It's so hypocritical. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with our members and co-workers. Benefits and perks of the old days have been taken away and replaced with a six day work week. They refuse to pay overtime so they make you take several hours off during a weekday to make you work on Saturday. Be prepared to work six days a week if you want a job there.
Pros
health insurance, pension, 401k
Cons
ridgid schedule, six day work week, sales goals
Was a fantastic place to work.
Claims Adjustor / Claims Rep / Ins Rep (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 5, 2015
I worked with AAA for about 13 years. I learned that hard work, good work ethics and good customer service did help you advane within the company. The majority of my co-workers were awesome with the exception of a few here and there. The hardest part of my job was not having the flexibility in hours once I had children. However, I feel it would be that way in most large companies. The most enjoyable part of my job was working in the claims department. Unfortunately I had to leave AAA after my second child due to inflexible hours and no part time positions. Aside from that, it was a great place to work.
Pros
great benefits & good pay.
Cons
short breaks, little flexibility in hours. at times a bit of stress.
Co workers are fun
Branch Operations Specialis II (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAMay 10, 2016
Management is horrible and they are able to do as they want weather you qualify for a position or not you can be bypassed by an indivicual being there way less time than you. You have to goals to meet to receive a yearly pay raise and get promoted no matter how long you have been with the company or you can get terminated if goals are not met.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Goals
Automobile Club of So Cal Great Place to Work
Insurance Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CaApril 25, 2016
AAA is a great place to work, it offers much stability and opportunity for advancement if you take the initiative. The pay even to start in most entry level positions is very good. There are some coveted positions such as Claims, Audit, and Branch Operations that hardly ever come up to be filled because most stay forever and a dark day and they also have people already secured to fill the empty spots. In the IRU department it is a very warm and cozy atmosphere since it is not that big and is a fairly new position with a very unique compensation plan which was rolled out first in 2013. There is opportunity to make more money than a lot of supervisors and managers in other departments currently make or will have the opportunity to make in their current positions. That can be kind of scary though the job can be trying and you really do need to know your stuff; anybody who takes all training seriously can do the job and meet and exceed goals. Makes me wonder if they will phase out our department because we can even make more than Sales Agents who generate new business, we just save the current business for the most.
Pros
Great Pay, Stability, Lost of Room to Advance, Flexible Vacation
Cons
Commission Can Seem Unattainable Sometimes, Base Pay isn't Very High
Great Place to Learn about Insurance
Webmaster/Insurance Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 7, 2015
It is all about the numbers with this company. Large amount of politics and red tape some is expected with a big company but it was too much to encounter and complete your daily work. The most enjoyable part or the job was working with my colleagues and learning things from them and teaching them the things that I knew.
Pros
Healthcare, dental and vision
Cons
work environment was negative
very good job enviroment and management support
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 2, 2015
used to come in at 8:30 am pre-work meeting with other agents. 9:00 - 10:00 am phone banking calling potential clients. 10:00 - 11:00 finish pending policies sold paperwork. 11:00 - 5:00 working my schedule client meetings. Management was great on providing the tools to do my job. excellent co-workers attitudes. the hardest part of my job was to coordinate potential clients with other agents. most enjoyable part of the job was to closed deals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Automobile Club of Southern California. Our community is ready to answer.