Automobile Club of Southern California Employee Reviews

Productive company
Service Counselor (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 13, 2015
Providing roadside service daily for customers, high call volume
Learned how to dispatch via radio
Management and co workers excellent to work with
Hardest part of the job not being able to locate the customer when they were not sure where they were
The most enjoyable part of the job being able to help someone in the time of need
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Recognition was a must at AAA
Cons: Repetitive duties
My experience at AAA were great. Management was fair and showed employees that they care. There was always some type of positive feedback to make you better at your job.
good company
Policy Service Specialist I (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: strict schedule
Good company, high stress work environment. Not all supervisors are helpful so most people tend to go to the same supervisors for help.
Productive place to work
Emergency Roadside Receiver III (Former Employee), Burbank, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great co workers benefits
Cons: Too many goals to adhere
Start off day by logging in and begin taking calls. Learn how to effectively speak to people over the phone. Management needs to stop getting on people for smallest things. Co works are the best people around.

Hard about the job is that is repetitive day in and day out. Being able to help people in need.
good
Insurance Salesman (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: rates
Great company for growth and advancement. a lot of upside growth. well known in s.cal for a marketing stand point. overall good company to work for.
Good company
Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CAJune 3, 2015
Good co-worker, meet people everyday, learned about insurance requirements. Good management, enjoying working with co-workers and customers.
Caring Employer
Service Operator/Dispatch (Former Employee), Burbank, CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: N/A
Fellow operator's and supervisors work together to help people get back on the road and to their destination. It's fulfilling to be able to help people in need of assistance.
AAA as a company is great
Emergency Road Service Dispatcher (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 30, 2015
Pros: looks good on you resume
Cons: worked every holiday
I at first loved working for AAA until after 2 years of hard work and dedication I realized there was no room for growth or advancement, also the pay scale isn't that great. Too many politics and the supervisors at the Long Beach Ca location suck. You can never get any days off or find anyone to trade with you and don't expect you supervisor to help you.
Face paced office environment
Member Specialist (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMay 30, 2015
Great place to learn to be a professional in what you do and be trained to do it well, the company will invest in you and you will definitely see it with the many training they send you off site to.
Excellent company
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Century City, CAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Overtime; bonuses for excellent attendance.
Cons: Accumulate occures for being out sick over a period time.
I worked in several position for this company. Each job I had with them was a great opportunity. I enjoyed working in each department.
I have learned how to work the switchboard; their filing system; auditing and editing files. Enjoyed working overtime. Nice co-workers in each department I worked in. Management was nice and professional.
Manage the Travel Department and Member Service team
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee), Chino, CAMay 29, 2015
Typical day at work:
- Manage 20 team members
- Run daily sales reports
- Brief the Travel Team as well as the Member Service Team of goals
- Inform Team of service quality scores
- Deal with any member issues that may arise throughout the day
My best job ever
Service Representative III ( Specialist ) (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Great all around
Cons: None
As an experienced Customer Service person, I feel that this was the best job I've ever had. When a person calls Emergency Road Service, they're already having a bad day. My job was to make it better as best I could. The ultimate CS job over the phone. Whether it was a baby locked in a car, or a simple tire change, help the member, and make every move count.
Answer phone for your entire shift
Emergency Roadside Representative (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Pay, Sometimes free snacks and food, Co-workers
Cons: Stressful, Dealing with difficult people, being in ine spot for 8 hours
The job has great pay and good benefits. The type of calls can be stressful and you have to helpful and kind to rude and angry people. The job is very repetitive, you repeat the same thing on every call for 8 hours. You also have goals that you have to meet each month, Also your pay depends on the surveys of the members which can suck at times. Co-workers are very friendly and helpful.
Fast Pace and fun
Business Specialist II (Current Employee), Whittier, CAMay 5, 2015
love my job always busy and helping lots of members, great people to work with and management is great too.

may things to learn and I love helping members with maps and planning out trips that is always fun.
Good company
Team Manager (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMay 4, 2015
Good company to work for if you do not mind stress. Constant challenges and change. hard working effective people will excell.
My experience with AAA
Call Center Representative / Claims and Insurance (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: healthcare benefits, 401k
Cons: no holidays off, no flexibility in schedule
In my years with AAA i have learned many things. This job has equipped me with many skills such as advanced computer knowledge, as well as extensive training in auto insurance and claims. My coworkers are very nice and friendly. The hardest part of my job is having o tell insureds who may be experiencing a financial burden, that they have a deductible to pay. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping out the members by providing them with legendary service.
Excellent structure for advancement opportunities
Specialty Claims Representative (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMarch 30, 2015
The environment at the Auto Club is very professional and yet surprisingly fun and exciting. Strong culture of comradery and pride in work. Learned much about structure and appreciation of co workers here.
Enjoy working with and interacting with members to facilitate claims process
Claims Representative III (Current Employee), Southern CaliforniaMarch 2, 2015
Pros: retirement plan, 401k, healthcare, fleet vehicle for personal use, work from home office.
Cons: extensive driving, inconsistency of work locations, company does not pay for toll roads, which is a daily necessity and has become quite expensive as of recently
All work activities for the day are automatically sent via email or provided by dispatch, if and when necessary. The job will entail for me to meet with insured's, claimant's and /or body shops in order to assess damage and negotiate repairs as well as contacting member to advise of scenario and issue payment(s) as necessary and provide repair process and expectations. I have learned to listen closely to people's concerns first, then provide assistance on how to better assist member. I have a manager, but the position requires self-management, organization and interpersonal skills and self-motivation, because you are required to work independently and make decisions that are coincide with company policies. Interaction with management is minimal and is usually commenced by myself when the situation may arise that requires further assistance that may be beyond my capacity to provide. My co-workers are some of the best folks I have worked with, but as mentioned previously, direct interaction is minimal and most contact is done via email or phone. We work closely together to determine what is the most conducive way to complete a days work due to somewhat heavy workloads. The greatest challenge in this position as of right now, is the geography of work locations. It is very challenging to complete work in an 8hr day due to windshield time. This is due to relocation of waypoints for certain individuals such as myself and having to travel well beyond my geographical location to get to where these activities/assignments are located. I receive gratification when I know that I have been able assist a member with resolving issues regarding their loss and seeing their response to my sincerity in providing assistance. I enjoy the interacting and communicating with people on all levels, particularly if I can provide them with legendary service.
Good work environment
Customer Service (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches on certain events, good pay, friendly environment
Cons: not much flexibility for schedules
This is a good job to get you back on your feet. Basically you sit in an office and answer calls for members who are requesting roadside assistance. For example, someone just had an accident? My job would be to ensure they are okay and ask if they need an ambulance or a police officer to arrive. Once you ensure the member's safety it is your job to find out where they are located and send out a tow truck to assist them.
Sales (Former Employee), Costa MesaFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: excessive in meeting goals.
Sales very productive but highly stressful environment.
I asked to be4 transfer to a different environment but the manager refused that lead to my departure.