Automotion Employee Reviews

the worst
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILOctober 30, 2016
this job was prolly the worst thiing ever crested on the face of this planet. i would talk abut my coworkers, but we had an 80& turn over rate.80%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if they ever call you, hang up. bad tools, alwaays150 degreese in thee from the oven, and floor supervisors that couldnt work at mcdonalds
Pros
Cons
evrything
Overall great environment/people to work with.
Traffic Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJune 4, 2016
A typical day for me was to check my email. Take care of shipments that went out the previous day, wait for orders to be brought to me so I was able to ship them through our system and process the labels to get the shipments out the door. I was also responsible for LTL's and scanning and filing invoices. Plenty of day to day customer service interaction.

I learned a lot during the year and a half I worked for this company and am very grateful.

My customer service manager (main) was wonderful, very understanding and flexible.

Co-workers were great as well, but just as any job there were good days and bad days. At the end of the day we all worked towards a common goal-getting the customers what they needed.

Hardest part was dealing with certain ignorance but you learn to ignore and deal with it. Also during slow times it was hard to keep busy and I prefer for my mind to be constantly stimulated. Always having something to do.

Most enjoyable part was the job and the constant flow of business (when it was constant)
Pros
Some free lunches, quiet office parties for certain holidays, holiday pay
na
Roller Shopper Operator / Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2016
Operate machinery in Fill room.
▪ Filling Petri plates, tubes and bottles.
▪ Cleaned kettles and equipment.
▪ Inspecting and packaging Siemens.
▪ Maintaining Inventory
Good job, but company is moving.
Inventory (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILSeptember 28, 2015
My typical day is arriving at work at 5am and making sure the parts are stocked in their bins for the pickers to deliver to each department.

When I am finished stocking parts I may print Gerber labels for shipping or assist in any other area that I am told to help. Many times, an employee is off work or sick and a department needs some help so I will be put in another department.

Working at this company, I've learned to be adaptable. The hardest part of my job is getting up in the morning, but when I'm up I'm moving.

I enjoy having a busy day. As long as I'm moving I feel productive.
Pros
I'm learning many different areas of the company.
Cons
Sometimes not very busy.
Great Production
Production Planning and Scheduling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJanuary 4, 2015
Typical day is review all Department work load. Have a Production meeting with all the Supervisors and Plant Manager to review the schedule for the Day and weeks ahead. Work with Project Managers and Engineering Department.
Greatness
General Manager / Partner (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXNovember 12, 2014
Yep I said it. GREATNESS! So I'll say it again..... GREATNESS!!!
fast pace but fun. get to see what you design
Senior Standard Designer (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILApril 19, 2014
You can get a cup of coffee in the morning and start your day. Fast pace to get the job out on time. good team work to check your work and most of the time ego was left at home.

Fun place to work and room for advancement until you hit the ceiling.
Awful employer- beware
Employee (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJanuary 19, 2014
I truly disliked the last 4 years of employment. The owner didn't have a business plan and favored the flavor of the month. He would routinely hit on young female customers and had extremely unrealistic expectations, I did not have a work life balance, I was on-call 24/7/365 without any extra compensation. He didn't carry worker compensation insurance. My nose is still messed up from a work related accident. He never offered to take care of it.
Cons
Everything!
Great place for first time mechanics
Laborer (Former Employee) –  GoodyearApril 11, 2013
This was the first place I go to work as a mechanic, and I love it. Iv learned to rebuild the top end of a jeep. I learn so much on a daily basis. The head mechanic explains what everything is and how it works and why its there.
Pros
great place to learn
Cons
long long hours
some stations play music
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  OakLawn,ILJanuary 22, 2013
I wish job advancement and salary were better. The co-worker are good to work with.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
short breaks and low pay raises

Want to know more about Automotion?

Ask a question
Enjoyable job with nice employees
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Middlesex, NCMarch 9, 2012
I always stayed busy and enjoyed my job. The manager at this company was very understanding and firm at the same time. I wish I could work for this employer again.