Automotiver Dealership in Southern California is looking for a great candidate for Service Advisor. We have a long history and an established product to sales/service. The Dealership is forcused on client and employee satisfaction along with process follow through.
Our dealership provides many benefits, along with a great work environemnt. If you feel your employment history and ideas will provide us with a great candidate, then please send your resume with a cover letter with salary history/requirements.
Job Purpose: Initiates automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer rapport and records.
Automotive Service Writer / Advisor Job Duties:
- Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
- Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles.
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation.
- Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Career Level Required: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Experience Required: 2+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Full Time
Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
Skills/Qualifications: Honda Experience Preferred, Reynolds and Reynolds Experience Preferred, Equipment Maintenance, Lifting, Problem Solving, Reporting Research Results, Quality Focus, Productivity, Estimating, Product Knowledge, Customer Service, Problem Solving, Safety Management