Automotive Resources International Employee Reviews

Opportunities For Advancement
Title Administrator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 3, 2016
While the organization is a secure organization that has achieved exponential growth, consistently. If you are a minority seeking to move up within the organization, your opportunities are extremely limited. Where it once was those who did well and knew their jobs received promotions, it is now geared toward whom you know, rather than what you know. They like to say that if you do more work, promotions are possible but often promotions are for a select few.
Pros
Great perks and benefits.
Cons
Opportunities for advancement are limited.
Downward Spiral. Abusive.
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 20, 2016
Glorified secretary with managers and two-faced coworkers breathing down your neck. You will not advance unless you can play the manipulation game and are happy to walk all over those around you. Promotions aren't based on experience or job performance ... Nope! You have to have an 'in' or suck up very good. No experience necessary for management. Oh, pay isn't rewarded based on experience or job performance either. Good luck.
Pros
Free food - oh wait, that's gone ... Get to leave at the end of the day (actually end of call your on).
Cons
Going to this place, management experience, pay vs. Experience/education, nepotism, favoritism. 5min per day personal time to urinate, NO more or else!!!!
Disconnect in Management; Company is Cheap
Client Services (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 9, 2016
This is a great job for entry level employees, but once you get near or into management, the culture changes. Managers are back-stabbing and don't work together. One Vice President has a penchant for hiding in the stall in the men's room and then telling others what he heard. So childish. Job security is poor. If someone in management doesn't like you, they find a way to get rid of you and HR has no backbone to intervene. Also, management is almost exclusively white male. Diversity is not embraced.

The cost of benefits is really high. Senior management keeps touting what a great job they are doing and how much money the company is making and then they charge us a crazy amount for our health insurance.
Pros
The work environment is really nice and well maintained, headquarters has a great cafeteria and there is a small bonus every year for all employees.
Cons
Micromanaging supervisors, cost of health insurance, no advancement opportunities for women or minorities, in-fighting in management.
It's a job.
Resource Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 1, 2016
Beats turning wrenches. After the first two weeks taking calls you'll sit back and ask yourself
"Ugh! Is this what I want to do and how I want to be treated the rest of my life"?

Watch yourself as everything you say or do is being
recorded and listened too regularly.
You will be eaves dropped on all the time, spyed on all the time, constantly monitored.

If one of your callers complains your gone.
No questions asked, just whisked out the door.
Remember that everything you say or do is recorded
so don't expect to get unemployment when they escort you out.
Pros
A desk, air conditioning
Cons
Very short breaks. Spyed on. Conversations recorded and listened to.
Good place to work where everyone feels like family
Client Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJ 08054April 25, 2016
A typical work day consists of interacting with clients and coworkers in providing top notch customer service. I have learned that building relationships is the most important part of being successful in business. The management team is very supportive and understanding of my needs as an employee and always find time to speak one on one with me. My co-workers are like family and I feel as though I can always count on them for help or support. The hardest part of the job for me is that there is not always an immediate solution to every question or concern which delays satisfying the customer. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people I work with. I have built may lasting and meaningful relationships that mean a great deal to me.
Pros
Free coffee, free lunches, employee recognition system
Bad Place To Work HR HAD NO IDEA WHAT THERE DOING
Management (Former Employee) –  Volvo MargateSeptember 3, 2015
Took HR OVER 1 month to call me for an interview. The HR person was very rude, and low class. There is a reason why every one keeps leaving this place.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Hr lacks big time
Good company if you like doing the same job daily
Technical Resource Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 9, 2015
The position is for a person that is satisfied with doing the same job day after day. Little chance of advancement on job merit.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Boring with little chance to advance without a degree.
What they want to be is amazing but tons of growing pains
client relations (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 29, 2015
Ari simply can not keep up with the growth of the company. The culture is suffering. There are employees that have tons of product knowledge and years of experience mixed with employees fresh out of college. This isn't a bad mix but I've watched the older employees not get promoted when they deserved the job. (I'm one of the young College grads) Once you get into the company there is little guidance in making sure you are placed in the proper career path. The supervisors are in meeting a large part of the day. Most of the day is spent fixing escalated issues. There are leaders in place with leadership training yet there are no processes in place. We have meetings to boost moral but most of what's talked about in the meetings in the opposite of the way this company works. The benefits , vacation time and location are great but everything else don't believe the hype!
Pros
Benefits, vacation time, college tuition reimbursement
Cons
no processes, poor leadership, over worked and unsatisfacted employees
Great Company
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 15, 2015
Great place to work, everyone is very friendly and helpful. They care about their employees and promote a healthy work/life balance. Many great benefits including 100% tuition reimbursement.
Fun
Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 24, 2015
It is a competitive but fair environment to work, they treat everyone equally and with respect. I can not say enough good things about this company.
company
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 25, 2015
Great company to work for but the compensation could be better. They are continuing to grow internationally but advancement is becoming more limited
Growing company at the cutting edge of fleet management.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 21, 2012
ARI's call center takes approximately 10,000 calls a day or 1.3 million annually. Most of the management team was promoted from within and have worked their way up through the ranks. I like the fact that every call is unique and challenging. My coworkers are all knowledgeable and tenured technicians from the automotive industry. The management team prides itself on growing individuals and seeing he or she come to their full potential. The hardest part about the job is staying on task. Each person has a story to tell and there is only so much time in a single day.
Pros
frequent paid lunches and holiday pay
Cons
short breaks. can be monotonous at times.