AutoNation

AutoNation Employer Reviews

Learned
Dealer Services Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 26, 2014
Pros: less ware and tear on the car, getting to know office group (became family), great compensation
Cons: not being out meeting my customer, same environment for 9 hours a day.
I worked in outside sales for 10 yrs and it was very interesting to be able to experience the inside sales and support position. I learned how to recognize voice reflection and extreme in house multi- tasking. I learned that I am good at anything I put my mind to but enjoy face to face interaction much more.
Long Hours
Sales Associate/Floor Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2014
Good compensation but very long hours. The management was very rude and sometimes use abusive language.
Productive and fun work place but long hours and low pay.
Service Cashier (Former Employee), Buford, GAMay 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches on saturdays, friendly staff, fun environment
Cons: unfair scheduling, many hours and low pay, takes almost 5+ more years to advance, work 6 days a week, work every saturday, 20 minute lunches on saturdays, unfair treatment
As a service cashier I interact with customers, service advisors, porters (valets), and technicians. I checkout the customers who have to pay for services from oil changes, new tires, and recalls. I schedule appointments through phone or in person. I help customers find where they need to go. There is filing and data entry.

Fellow cashiers are fun – more... to work with because we all act like team players and get along great. Cashiers also get along with service advisors and service technicians.

The hardest part about the job is the service cashiers get blamed for most things that are not out fault. Higher ups seem to think cashiers are the lowest of the low on the totem pole as a job. We do a lot and do not get appreciated for it. Customers are the first to yell at us and think it is our fault that the price is unfair when it is the service advisor who comes up with the pricing.

There are good and bad days with managers. One manager sometimes will treat us like we are toddlers while another manager will give the shirt of her back for us.

The most enjoyable parts of the job are the outgoing coworkers, working with customers, no day is the same, job is easy. The cashiers have had customers who have given us free brownies and cookies (he was a baker), another customer who worked at Wrigley's have us twenty packs of gum. – less
Productive and Busy place
Porter/Car Washer (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMay 29, 2014
There was always something to do. Greeting clients and providing excellent customer service was my main priority.
Hostile work environment
HUMAN RESOURCES (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 28, 2014
Wrong people in HR, Employees are threatened to be fired. Sad work enviornment.
efficent
Service consultant/ Body shop Manager (Former Employee), Belle Glade, FLMay 3, 2014
This is a large company and it feels as if you are a number
but effective
Long hours with little income or room for advancement
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee), Delray Beach, FLMay 2, 2014
Cons: everything
Management is not supportive or helpful. Goals and quotas are impossible to achieve. No teamwork between departments. The most unprofessional environment imaginable.
Current employee for Autonation. The work environment is horrible slot of tension everyone stabs each other in the back!
Sale Associate (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 30, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: all of the above
I've worked for autonation for 5yrs there is no advancement. Every other year they cut pay Never ever give raises and it's all about who u know and Not what know!
beauty surroundings
Training and Performance Manager (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 17, 2014
Pros: wonderful people
outstanding workplace, world class .leadership. Appreciated
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 30, 2014
This is a great place to work, however very hard to move up. Almost everyone is a team player and there are a lot of people from different backgrounds that can give you great advise in their area of expertise.
Some great, some not
Sales Manager (Former Employee), IllinoisMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, updated stores
Cons: no demo. frequent pay plan changes. fixed profits from variable departments way too much.
Was able to grow within the company. Some great leaders, some need a lot of work. Worked long hours and scrutinized when asked to take vacation time that I earned. Had been with company for many years. Pay plans constantly changed. As the business grew, our pay plans remained flat. Don't start without seeing a pay plan first. Sales Managers overworked – more... with admin duties. – less
Loved my job there.
SOX/Reconciliation Audit Reviewer (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TXMarch 17, 2014
The only reason for leaving was the commute was to far. All else was great.
constant production steady work environment
Oil Technician (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXMarch 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch on saturdays, employee discounts on parts. and employee pricing on vehicles
my usual day consist of mainly oil changes and tire rotation. Occasionally, there will be wiper blade changes, light bulb replacements or minor recalls. I learned that the auto industry is a first come, first served with the commisioned sales and commisioned work. The management at Autonation are easy to get along with. my coworkers are easy to get – more... along with which increases the fun of working in this environment, there are few coworkers that are hard to work with, but those are the ones that are hungry for that commision pay. The hardest part of my job is learning new things. the most enjoyable part of my job would also be learning new things. – less
NA
Cashier (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2014
AutoNation is a very hard company to work for, there is a lack of management, dedicated workers, and loyalty.
Productive and fun but sometimes, too remedial. Low pay for the long hours you worked...
E-Commerce Sales Manager / Closer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: corporate training
Cons: hours, pay, and favortism store level management
A typical work day involves calling, greeting and listening to potential customers and their needs and wants for purchasing or leasing new or pre-owned vehicles. Using a daily planner to follow-up with store visits, inbound calls and service customers. I stayed busy even on slow days managing and assisting other not as proficient with CRM, Outlook, – more... Word, and follow-up skills. Very long hours, 6 days per week including every Saturday, and every other Sunday. Scheduled hours were either 9-9, 9-6, or 12-9... Good co-workers, management was probably the least qualified, and voted in to lead based on popularity, but not skills, and production. Above average training for the industry, but according to most, pay was below the average for the industry... The hardest part was the advancement process, and the hours for the pay. The best part was the customer base. – less
horrible
Assistant Service Manager (Current Employee), memphis, tnFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: no lunches
Cons: no short breaks
horrible compnay in every way would not suggest anyone work for them
Service writer in jacksonville
service dept (Former Employee), jacksonvilleFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches on saturdays.. ..
Cons: many. not the place for a long term career
A typical hire and fire car sales company. dont plan on being here for a long time. . firing from the bottom down. when many problems come from the top down.
Great company to work for.
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas , N vJanuary 30, 2014
I worked for Autonation for nine years. Great place. Good pay.
Good group of people to work with
Service Department Cashier / Receptionist (Current Employee), 4600 Stevens Creek Blavd San Jose CAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: i work days monday through friday
Cons: i'm not learning new things
I start my day answering incoming phone calls, greet and assist walk in customers scheduling appointments, cashiering, providing them with rental cars, filing and assisting my Service and General Manager with any projects that need to be completed.

We are a great group of people, we work hard to reach our goals

The hardest part of the job would be – more... probably challenging customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers through the day and making sure we provide them with excellent service. – less
NOT VERY GOOD
Autobody Technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: no leadership in bodyshop
NOT VERY GOOD.NO WORK TO MAKE MONEY,AND COWORKERS ARE GREAT.MANAGEMENT NOT SO GOOD TO ME.HAVING A JOB WITH INSURANCE WAS GREAT.

1 2 3 4

About AutoNation

When America needs a car or truck, they call on AutoNation. With over 8 million happy customers and counting, AutoNation is America’s – Read more