AutoNation

AutoNation Employee Reviews

Autonation is a very well established
Check Processor Specialist (Current Employee), Irving,TXJune 22, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: long hours
Autonation is a very well established , I have learned many different things while working with this company .
It is very number drivin, you put in long hours sometime's 12 hour days which could be the hardest part .
management is continulously changing as well as the policy and procedure , so you must adapt well to change here at autonation.
Excellent corporation to be associated with
BDC Specialist / Appointment Setter (Former Employee), Greenacres, FLJune 19, 2015
Pros: good atmossphere
As a team member, my appointments & sales were equal to the 2 other members.
Generated repeat business through successful client follow-up.
Consistently followed up with customers to get their feedback on their showroom visit.
I was able to discuss their situation and assured them that I work closely with the
General Manager and this gave me increased be back appointments.
My appointments to show was over 80% and this gave me a 48% to 52% sales ratio.
Good company, stable and reliable
Office Manager, A/R Supervisor, A/R Admin (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 16, 2015
Pros: Convenient locations and good benefits
Cons: growth opportunities as the accounting departments were consolidated out of state
Learned a lot and worked with some amazing people over my years there. A little bit of a "boys club" mentality but for the most part was a nice environment to work in.
A fast paced environment that your always challenged and great
Collision Administrator (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 14, 2015
Pros: great oppurtunities
Cons: none
a typical day at work starts off with high volume of phone calls with customer needed additional information about their vehicle and due dates of repairs working with many great, smart people and Managers that reach out to help at any time. There is never a time that I feel something is hard I feel I can challenge myself to do better or figure things out
Be Read for a culture shock
PC-Ops Analyst (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLMay 31, 2015
When I initially started there the culture was good. Started off with some issues with one of the managers there that seems to nit pick at everything but once he was under control the culture was great. Everyone got along, the job functionality was functional, the work load became light was we had a system going and things were moving along.

They hired a director for the department and everything changed. He was obsessed with first call resolution for a company that uses a minimum of 100 3rd party vendor applications and systems that requires time when dealing with a user on the phone. With that, he changed the culture to a call center environment where calls are always backed up in the queue, the customer satisfaction has declined and employee morale is pretty much gone.
Credit Associate (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: micro-managed
Worked my way up to the Corporate office, complete opposite of the dealership I worked for, fun place to work on occasion, free monthly lunches, most of the people I worked with were nice
Auto business not for everyone
Anonymous (Former Employee), FloridaMay 17, 2015
It's all who you know, not what you bring to the company. Really a grind, long hours, little pay. Weak benefits. Inconsistent management and application of policies and procedures.
Really great job opportunties
Auto Detailer (Former Employee), Gardena, CAMay 4, 2015
Working there was great, really flexible work hours plus great overtime schedules. Everyone is so friendly and get around well.
Negative enviorment
Manager (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 28, 2015
Cons: Management and lack of poeple skills
Nothing positive to say, well one...benifits are good. otherwise general negative enviroment and what appears to be weak HR department to correct/ train managemnt on people skills and people managemnt/ team building.
New enviroment
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 22, 2015
Pros: meeting people
Cons: management unable to determine how they could use my skills
I started to work with AutoNation from the beginning of opening. I was trained/exposed to different aspects of the business from Greeter to showing customer all features of the automobile, outside and under the hood. Being a new establishment there was a need for further growth and development. Management had me in a Business Development position, supervising reception staff and other non selling positions. They were unable to advance my duties as they we undecided where they needed my skills.
work flow is consistant.
FLOORING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), irving, txApril 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches on month end
Cons: healthcare
A good place to work at if you just want to come in, get work done and leave. Not much room for growth. People are friendly and willing to help you.
Some of the employees are nice
Lube tech (Former Employee), Valencia caMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Not many lunch every now and then
Cons: They will change your hours without telling you and then writhe you up
The employees are cool and willing to help out but managment is pathetic. You have to know people high up to keep your job or have your nose up someones butt.
Love the people I work but the management team needs to be changed.
Line Technician (Former Employee), Margate, FLMarch 14, 2015
Pros: hard to say
Cons: management sucks
the technician and services writers are great management in most stores suck and have no clue how to run a business. They do everything backwards. And in my store racism still exist
Awsome work enviroment
SALESMAN/ Asst. mgr (Former Employee), Houston TxMarch 11, 2015
Pros: work enviroment
Cons: hours
Taking care of customers needs by listing to them, and then selling them a vehicle.
How to deal with all different kinds of people
management was great
co-workers were awesome
When I made a customer happy with the new purchase of a vehicle
Great company to work with
Internet sales (Current Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 23, 2015
My typical day involved contacting clients to set appointments, as well as, assist walk-in floor traffic. The environment was great and I enjoyed working with everyone.
Car sales
Personal Auto Consultant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 30, 2015
This is a job where you can move up if you work hard. Management can be rough but the culture is actually very nice. Great people to work with. Pay structure could you use a little work on the commission end, but the base for commission positions is great.
Dynamic and young marketing department
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Great learning experience. Participated in the early development of an in-house advertising agency to support efforts to cut back advertising agency budget. Company develop software to enable and facilitate the creation of large volume of advertising material such as web banners and social media content.
It's all about money. Pure and simple.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Valencia, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: the potential to make decent money.
Cons: everything else.
The car business is unlike any other industry I’ve worked in and AutoNation dealerships are no different from any of the others. The focus is totally on making money to the detriment of everything else. Communication and any forethought/care of employees’ personal lives is nonexistent. Work schedules are simply thrown together at the last moment and changes to schedules for special events (tent sales), meetings, and/or holidays come with little or no advance warning. Training is limited to 60 days of online classes that are crammed down your throat in a week’s time and/or random in-person training sessions that are too brief, vague, and sporadic to be of any use. Managers exist in title only and are chosen based solely on their ability to manipulate (sell) others. They possess no real management skills, take no accountability, and cannot be trusted. They exist to maximize the profit of those that report to them and nothing more. As for the work environment, the showroom is literally any HR manager’s nightmare. Employees talk openly on the showroom floor using vulgar lingo and profanity that would make any high school teen blush, racial and sexist language is used by all including managers, and employees are screamed at and disciplined in front of others. And because money/greed is king, arguments between employees over whose customer belongs to whom are commonplace. As you'd expect, turnover is very high.

That being said, if you’re 100% money driven and not bothered by this kind of unprofessional environment, this is the place for you. You’ll work long hours and every weekend/holiday, but you’ll also have the potential to line your pockets with some decent coin and to move-up quickly within the company.
Good Company with great training.
Regional Sales Mgr (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Great training. Many locations, so transferring is always an option if better opportunities open elsewhere within company.
AutoNation
ACH Banking Associate (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Working for AutoNation was fast pace and you had to be a team player. Also you spoke with people all over the United States.

1 2 3 4 5

About AutoNation

When America needs a car or truck, they call on AutoNation. With over 8 million happy customers and counting, AutoNation is America’s – Read more

AutoNation Salaries