AutoNation

AutoNation Employee Reviews

Really great job opportunties
Auto Detailer (Former Employee), Gardena, CAMay 4, 2015
Working there was great, really flexible work hours plus great overtime schedules. Everyone is so friendly and get around well.
Negative enviorment
Manager (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 28, 2015
Cons: Management and lack of poeple skills
Nothing positive to say, well one...benifits are good. otherwise general negative enviroment and what appears to be weak HR department to correct/ train managemnt on people skills and people managemnt/ team building.
New enviroment
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 22, 2015
Pros: meeting people
Cons: management unable to determine how they could use my skills
I started to work with AutoNation from the beginning of opening. I was trained/exposed to different aspects of the business from Greeter to showing customer all features of the automobile, outside and under the hood. Being a new establishment there was a need for further growth and development. Management had me in a Business Development position, supervising reception staff and other non selling positions. They were unable to advance my duties as they we undecided where they needed my skills.
work flow is consistant.
FLOORING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), irving, txApril 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches on month end
Cons: healthcare
A good place to work at if you just want to come in, get work done and leave. Not much room for growth. People are friendly and willing to help you.
Some of the employees are nice
Lube tech (Former Employee), Valencia caMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Not many lunch every now and then
Cons: They will change your hours without telling you and then writhe you up
The employees are cool and willing to help out but managment is pathetic. You have to know people high up to keep your job or have your nose up someones butt.
Love the people I work but the management team needs to be changed.
Line Technician (Former Employee), Margate, FLMarch 14, 2015
Pros: hard to say
Cons: management sucks
the technician and services writers are great management in most stores suck and have no clue how to run a business. They do everything backwards. And in my store racism still exist
Awsome work enviroment
SALESMAN/ Asst. mgr (Former Employee), Houston TxMarch 11, 2015
Pros: work enviroment
Cons: hours
Taking care of customers needs by listing to them, and then selling them a vehicle.
How to deal with all different kinds of people
management was great
co-workers were awesome
When I made a customer happy with the new purchase of a vehicle
Great company to work with
Internet sales (Current Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 23, 2015
My typical day involved contacting clients to set appointments, as well as, assist walk-in floor traffic. The environment was great and I enjoyed working with everyone.
Car sales
Personal Auto Consultant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 30, 2015
This is a job where you can move up if you work hard. Management can be rough but the culture is actually very nice. Great people to work with. Pay structure could you use a little work on the commission end, but the base for commission positions is great.
Dynamic and young marketing department
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Great learning experience. Participated in the early development of an in-house advertising agency to support efforts to cut back advertising agency budget. Company develop software to enable and facilitate the creation of large volume of advertising material such as web banners and social media content.
It's all about money. Pure and simple.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Valencia, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: the potential to make decent money.
Cons: everything else.
The car business is unlike any other industry I’ve worked in and AutoNation dealerships are no different from any of the others. The focus is totally on making money to the detriment of everything else. Communication and any forethought/care of employees’ personal lives is nonexistent. Work schedules are simply thrown together at the last moment and changes to schedules for special events (tent sales), meetings, and/or holidays come with little or no advance warning. Training is limited to 60 days of online classes that are crammed down your throat in a week’s time and/or random in-person training sessions that are too brief, vague, and sporadic to be of any use. Managers exist in title only and are chosen based solely on their ability to manipulate (sell) others. They possess no real management skills, take no accountability, and cannot be trusted. They exist to maximize the profit of those that report to them and nothing more. As for the work environment, the showroom is literally any HR manager’s nightmare. Employees talk openly on the showroom floor using vulgar lingo and profanity that would make any high school teen blush, racial and sexist language is used by all including managers, and employees are screamed at and disciplined in front of others. And because money/greed is king, arguments between employees over whose customer belongs to whom are commonplace. As you'd expect, turnover is very high.

That being said, if you’re 100% money driven and not bothered by this kind of unprofessional environment, this is the place for you. You’ll work long hours and every weekend/holiday, but you’ll also have the potential to line your pockets with some decent coin and to move-up quickly within the company.
Good Company with great training.
Regional Sales Mgr (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Great training. Many locations, so transferring is always an option if better opportunities open elsewhere within company.
AutoNation
ACH Banking Associate (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Working for AutoNation was fast pace and you had to be a team player. Also you spoke with people all over the United States.
Great Job
Receptionist/Accounting (Current Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great schedule
Cons: raises, promotions
First time working in an auto dealership. Very fast paced. Daily duties remain the same, although each day is not routine. Meeting new people and networking daily. Great co-workers. Management is very helpful and supportive.
I've learned that the car industry is a revolving door of people and customers. The hardest part of the job is making friends and then they leave. The best part is always meeting new people.
Overall, it's a good place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 1, 2014
AutoNation has its ups and downs, like anywhere else. The people are exceptional though. At least in the department I worked in.
Waste of your time - fort Myers FL
Accounting (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLNovember 18, 2014
No appreciation at all, no increase, no benefits and the most bad language that you can ever hear in you life.
Very stubbed management, a lot of descrimnation on a daily basis they fire a lot of people without any reason, not a safe place to work in.
This is not a good environment to be around!
Sales (Former Employee), Hawthorne, CANovember 18, 2014
Pros: some of the co-workers are excellent, helping people
Cons: management, long hours, lack of organization!
First and foremost don't buy a car from this place they will shred you in financing. Secondly I recenty worked for this company (AutoNation Nissan Southbay) and I have to warn people this place is not a good environment for you mental, physical, and social well being. The days are long, the pay is questionable, and the management is only concerned with their own agenda. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work or buy a car from this mega corporation. Sadly all the people aren't bad, but the energy and aura in general is what will zap you. If you don't mind verbal abuse, disrespect, and missing/late payments then by all means work for AutoNation. Don't be fooled by what they tell you!!! Don't buy what they're selling you!!!
Terrible
Not saying (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLOctober 15, 2014
Pros: leaving
Cons: being there
Hollywood Honda: You're not treated fairly, I was accused of intentionally messing up transactions. Every move I made was tracked and God forbid I spoke to anyone for 2 minutes after work, everyone started spreading rumors about me. Just like high school. And my superiors never did anything to control it. They actually fed the situation. I have never seen people talk so much trash as I had in this place and I felt like if I wasn't a part of it, then I would have issues with the people. I got sucked into it and ended up being a horrible person. Which is partly why I left. 95% of the staff were telling me how horrible it is and when I asked why they stay they would say because they were there 20 years ago when it was good and even though it sucks now, it is an easy job for them at this point and they more or less can do as they wish and there's no point leaving. I might have had 3 or 4 people in that whole place that were good people. The rest are true scumbags. All they care about in service and sales is the dollar no matter who they hurt, how much they lie, and how much advantage they take of people.
horrible
SALES PORTER (Former Employee), bmw of hendersonOctober 13, 2014
Pros: no positives at all
Cons: to much negativity
It's a horrible place to work I recently just quit from this BMW and I worked there for a year before I joined the military and when I got back to work I was accused for so many things that didn't have any proof for the GM at the moment is Erick ziginbierh and he was the one that was blaming me for everything and when he talked to me in his office. I asked him for proof and he said he couldn't get any to blame it on me. He has his favorites and obviously I wasn't because I "became a treat" to him because I was to confident as he said. So if you want my advice do not work here I repeat do not...from a former employee
Interacted with great group of sales and office people
Finance Director (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines and MiamiOctober 10, 2014
Pros: financial rewarding
Cons: long hours
Credit review of pending deals
Credit investigation
Secure finance approvals from Captive and Non Captive lenders
Manage Finance team
Managed European Delivery Sales and delivery
Managed all Mercedes-Benz lease returns and inspection

1 2 3 4 5

About AutoNation

When America needs a car or truck, they call on AutoNation. With over 8 million happy customers and counting, AutoNation is America’s – Read more

AutoNation Salaries