AutoNation Employee Reviews in United States

fun people
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 20, 2016
no life, you spend all day everyday in the dealership you have to sell at least 20 cars a month to make some decent money the end of the month you work from 9 to 9 the last 2 day
All lies!! Beware autonation honda dulles
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  HONDA DULLES AUTINATION STERLING VAAugust 13, 2016
I was lied to from the gate. 1st dealer ever worked at and would be the last. I worked at Honda Dulles in sterling Va for 7 months which 6 of those months I was looking for a new job for the last 6 months. GM....JOKE!!! SERVICE MANAGER AND DIRECTOR....JOKE!!!! MANAGEMENT DIDN'T HAVE THE SKILLS TO RUN THIS DEALER OR EVEN IN A CIRCLE. I DON'T KNOW HOW I WAS ABLE TO LEAVE THERE WITHOUT CATCHING A CHARGE. Lie about pay, paychecks were always wrong, slave hours, lying techs, lying advisors, we were instructed to charge $150 per hour labor rate. Advisors would steal tickets, techs would lie about recommendations, we were instructed to change emails to obtain good surveys. The only thing that was good there was the few people I met. STAY AWAY NOT WORTH THE CUP I URINATED IN TO GET THE JOB!!! Autonation is a joke. HONDA DULLES SHOULD BE CLOSE DOWN. Nasty cold sandwiches every sat, nasty cold pizza every other Saturday, no Christmas bonus. Service Manger and director would have been great at a different position like, parts stocker. RUN AWAY FROM HONDA DULLES. STAY CLEAR HONDA DULLES
Pros
Great food in the area for lunch
Cons
REALLY!!!
No ethics
Service Department (Former Employee) –  Autonation Toyota Scion ArapahoeAugust 10, 2016
As you will see in the many reviews on Yelp, Autonation Toyota Scion does not have a great reputation. They do not take care of their customers, nor do they take care of their employees.

The workforce turnover is always high. They cannot retain excellent employees because they have no regard for them except as expendable mules - especially in the service department.

The leadership regularly lies to their employees. If you should put in a two week notice, you will be ignored from that point on as if you do not exist.

The accounting department manager is known for being quite unkind to other employees in the dealership, and no one does a thing about it.
Pros
I can't think of any
Cons
Where to start?
Fast paced, exciting work environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2016
This is a fun and exciting fast paced job with so much room for growth and so many new things to learn. In such a short time with the company I have worked at four different dealers and multiple brands. I love learning about all the new technologies in the vehicles. Its easy to be enthusiastic about the cars with customers and positive about all the new and exciting features. I have learned everything from cleaning and maintaining the cars on the lot to some finance process to sales and product services. The best thing about the job is meeting all the new customers and striving to provide the best possible experience.
Pros
free lunches on saturdays, room for growth
Good company to work with
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 15, 2016
punctuality professionalism education and friendly environment
resolving all issues on daily basis taking all incoming calls and customer satisfaction.
Pros
professional environment
Cons
not much of growth potential
No guidance, lack of training, no advancement
Autonation Nissan entry level trainee (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 9, 2016
I worked for autonation Nissan in Memphis TN. The job seemed cool seeing that I was in school for automotive technology and they were hiring for a trainee position. I must say that I did not receive proper training on certain things and I had to figure out on my own. Co-workers where helpful some were not. I got let go for something I was not trained on doing and when asked for help no one showed me or assisted me even though I was suppose to be in TRAINING. As a manager you should make sure your that your trainee should know the ins and out on certain problems and make sure with what ever task he or she is faced with they have the knowledge and understanding to complete that task successfully.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of training, guidance, no advancement
Stable Employer, with minimal opportunity for advancement
Reconciliations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 8, 2016
A company that draws from the fringes, never the cream of the crop, but usually not the bottom of the barrel.

The work is simple, which can become mind-numbing if done for too long.

But if you are looking for some stability, and the wages suit you, I'd certainly recommend it.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Very little upward mobility, mostly horizontal with slight pay increases
toyota and nissan
Office Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 6, 2016
great offices to work for wish I had stayed longer to be able to do more. but schooling I thought was b better........................................................
VP IT has unrealistic expectations
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 27, 2016
VP IT will not listen to those below him and expects you to perform miracles even when you have advised him that it is not possible and that some adjustments need to be made to various facets of the business to achieve his goals. People are nice, some are superficial and clueless, but otherwise a great place to work. Attitude and morale is good there. I am only familiar with IT. Not AN in general.
Pros
Friday breakfast at corporate
Cons
VP IT clueless
Awesome Colleagues
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJune 22, 2016
A very friendly environment with helpful colleagues. This company is truly into helping the community and taking the initiative on supporting Breast Cancer Awareness and Research.
Horrible Management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 15, 2016
Just a number...no matter how much you've served the company and the many hours placed. They wont hesitate to walk you out the door so mngt covers their
Horrible workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  AutoNation ChevroletJune 14, 2016
Long hours, low pay. I learned that this company will go to great lengths to rip off the customer. If you believe the "market based pricing story" then you are drinking the Kool Aid. I spent 18 months doing car sales for this outfit. They want you to believe they care for the customer , when in fact they want to squeeze every penny out of the clients and laugh at them as they walk out of the dealership after over paying for their car. I could sell 10-12 cars and make no money on commission, but the dealership will make money by selling a certain number of cars. A great place to work if you are in your mid twenties and still live at home, if you are trying to feed a family then look elsewhere. Most dishonest company that I have ever worked for.
If you are the sales manager's "girlfriend" you get all the e-leads and customers handed to you.I can't tell you how many times I was threatened with physical violence by my sales manager. HR refused to step in and help.
Pros
There weren't any as I was concerned
Cons
Bad management, long hour, dishonesty towards the customer
Horrible company
Porter (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJune 7, 2016
Overall not worth working for this company. Corporation only concerned about their overpaid execs. Better off working else where.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Autonation itself.
Dead end
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 28, 2016
Autonation Honda was a horrible place to work. The management are the typical car f*ck type people. The daily culture became very routine. All management cared about was sell, sell, sell...it was need enough. These people would sell out their own family if they thought that it would make them money. If you don't kiss azs, promotions are out of the questions. They benefits are the worst. Extremely expensive. This place would turn a nun into the devil in a matter off months if they didn't fire you first.
Pros
money and schedu
Think Twice!
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 17, 2016
I was a service advisor for 2 years. The people I worked with were... Alright. More about themselves then helping as a whole (i.e. Taking customer away or changing RO's, etc) but over all good people. The GM is awesome! Service manger wasn't so great. But the company is just a wreck! More interested in making a penny then the employees or customers. I never once got any of my "use or lose" PTO because we were always "short staffed" and needed people badly because people were in and out (in my time there, 21 people had come and gone, nearly one a month).

The pay is the real kicker though! I was making more money at my side job than I was being a full time employee here because they're pay plans are absolutely unrealistic. For example, advisors needed to sell $250k A MONTH... Seriously!?! Who do these people think they are!! My pay checks would vary which I understand is part of a commission job but it would flux by thousands of dollars every other week... With no explanation other than "you need to see more"

I would really, REALLY think twice before applying to work for Autonation at any career level.
Pros
Not really
Cons
A mountain and a half
Its the car world
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 14, 2016
What can I say about car sales? Everyday there is something new. This industry is constantly changing for the better and so the company.
fun people to work with
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 11, 2016
a typical work day is busy from start to finish, definitely challenging but also rewarding. pay is decent but really no room to advance anywhere unless you sell cars
Pros
free lunch on saturdays
Cons
salary/commission
Sales Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 11, 2016
AutoNation is a great company to work for but management needs to change. Fun place to work at. Lots of events. Benefits are very expesive. Employee discounts are very good.
overall good place to work...good people!
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 10, 2016
I had the opportunity to work with some remarkable managers and co-workers. I learned new computer programs and customer service tips while dealing with customers. I really liked the interaction with clients and insurance companies, but the hours were very long and were difficult on the home life.
Dont even bother.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLApril 28, 2016
Let me see where to get started. I'll go back to the interview. The first sales manager I spoke with told me that I'd have plenty of time off (I've been 3 weeks now without an off day), also that base salary is $3,500 a month when there actually isn't a base pay. The base pay is minimum wage that you owe back. But that is what happens when you are working a job for 2 and a half weeks expecting 3k+ a month before they even have you sign the pay plan paperwork. Micromanaging is an every day once an hour task. Rain sleet snow or hail if you don't have an up (even tho you've only been there 2 weeks) you better have an appointment or you get no off day that week. To top it all off, if you don't make a ton of phone calls every day you get brought into an office and yelled at and talked to like a child. EVEN THOUGH YOU'VE ONLY BEEN SELLING CARS FOR 2 WEEKS. I was never taught the sales process. My first day ever selling cars I was put on the lot and told to go at it. I'm 19 years old and never sold cars. But it's a good thing auto nation knows how to treat people. Because my third day when I sold a vehicle I got yelled at because I didn't have all the paperwork. Talk about irony. Icing on top of the cake: I caught a fresh up and put him in a vehicle he loved. Had him sold. But seeing how we can hire new associates every week but not get a finance manager to punch in deals, he had to walk. That was on my first week. I just now figured out how to find my no sales in compass. When I look back he's not even under my name anymore. He's already had an appointment scheduled through a 20+  more... year vet and has been transferred to his planner. Any one seeing this should know that auto nation definitely isn't the place to work. In my opinion, the largest problem auto nation has, is promoting salesman to GM's. They sit in the tower long enough and get their memory distorted and a 10-car-a-month salesman who got moved up because he's been there his whole life suddenly turns into a god of a salesman who thinks he's above everyone. Good luck if you choose this place. Hope you don't have a temper or a family to support. I'm headed to a group 1 company as soon as I get the drug test done #peace  less
Pros
Sales associates are cool
Cons
Everything else

2.8