AutoNation

AutoNation Employer Reviews

day at work
Auto Technician (Former Employee), Westminster, COAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch on saturdays
Cons: hard to advance
i arrived at work a 6:45 a.m. Most days i changed tires and oil
Productive Place to work
REGIONAL FINANCE DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Ft. LauderdaleAugust 18, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Very professional structured automotive giant that takes care of their
employees.
The name should be changed to AutoNazi.
Parts Associate (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: working at autonazi will make you get your job search going fast!
Cons: there is not one positive thing to be said about this place.
This is a large company, very large company. In the 5 months I worked there my paycheck was never correct, NEVER. The pay is low and you are lied to by management. You are a salaried employee that is required to clock in and out and you do not get to make your own schedule. As a result you are worked 55-60 hours a week yet salaried at only 43 a week.
Remember – more... the Auto bail out?
The management for the most part are arrogant and ignorant...a very dangerous combination of personality traits.
There is near zero training. You will be constantly short staffed. You will almost never have the right equipment to do your job correctly. And wow, if you are lucky enough to work on Saturday you will get a free lunch. You won't get to eat it though because you get no lunch break for the 11 hour day you are expected to work. Hope you like cold pizza!
I listed the hourly rate below. After commission that is what I made for 60 hours a week.
The hardest part of the job was going back every morning.
The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving every day. I would say getting paid but remember my pay was ALWAYS wrong.
Remember, every penny that comes in that place is for an investor and that is exactly how the business is run.
It may be a great place to buy a car...may be, but is is a horrible place to work. – less
Great dealership
Service Director (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2014
Bankston Lincoln Mercury dealership Closed in 2010. Great place though.
Fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 5, 2014
I like the job you can basically do anything there. Mangers were really cool. Only have one problem with a co worker cause he gossip but he left the beginning. other than that It was a fun place to work at.
Overall a good place to work
Lead Trainer: Schedule/Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches and dinners at end of month, employee activities, they strive for education/training.
Cons: way too much overtime at end of month. would work 10-16 hour days for the last week of the month.
Autonation, Inc strives to improve their employees knowledge and happiness. They were going through some changes during the later part of my employment that would improve the work/life balance. I found that in my area, there was too much overtime required. With children, I could not see working so much.

If I was able to find a position in the company – more... that did not require so much overtime, I would return. – less
Co-workers are willing to help
Payroll Coordinator, National Payroll Center (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: good co- workers
Cons: health care
Okay to work but not my dream job. Overall friendly co-workers, system not hard to learn.
Lack of training, to little to late
SSC Coordinator (Former Employee), Westlake, OHJuly 30, 2014
Cons: lack of proper training, poor management
When interviewing for a position at Autonation the hiring manager warned me that Autonation is known for "chewing people up and spitting them out." I should have taken the advice and ran. I worked as an SSC Coordinator under the direction of the "Controller". There was no formal training program and what advice that was given by coworkers was inconsistent – more... and often times incomplete. 4 weeks into the position the lack of training was evident. I approached the Controller about training, I was assured it would be addressed. 6 weeks later the "training" was given, by this time it was 10 weeks into the position. 3 weeks into the "training" I was called into a review, and was informed that I should be further ahead in the position, and I had two weeks to make no mistakes or I would be terminated. The Controller informed me, she expects people who work for her to work at 100% accuracy, 100% of the time and she also expects them to give her 12 hours of work in an 8 hour day. Autonation is missing the mark with competent educated employees, because they lack a consistent training program and the unrealistic demands and expectations such as mentioned above. It is pertinent that proper training is provided in order for an employee to carry out their job successfully. – less
Management is unethical
car sales (Former Employee), Autonation dodge, chrysler, jeep southwestJuly 24, 2014
Pros: was able to move from lot tech, detailer, porter to car sales
Cons: management
Was unlawfully fired by this store. I was a loyal employee that was never late, worked on my days off, met and exceeded goals, worked multiple bell to bell days often,and never had a write up. Never had a survey from customers that was below 90%. Even with all the efforts I put in this company the GM told me he didn't want to work with me and would – more... not allow me on his team. The GM even went as far as to threaten me saying if I was allowed to stay he would put a target on my back and discussed how he was doing the same thing to another employee. Even though I had 2 appointments set up for the day he told me to go home. Upon leaving I immediately contacted HR in person and was told there is nothing I could do and that management could do and treat me however they want. They even told me I resigned. How can someone resign if they were threatened and told to leave. I fought for me job but was defeated in an unethical way. If you dont mind being abused by management this is the right company for you. – less
Great place to work !
Title Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great people to work for
Cons: no room for advancement in this position
Enjoyed my years with Autonation, and the people I had the pleasure of working with. Learned many, many useful skills which I will carry with me.
Waste of Time
AutoNation Direct former sales (Former Employee), Ft Lauderdale Florida.July 20, 2014
Pros: nice people.
Cons: y days a week work. changing rules on a daily basis.
AutoNation Direct is a slave job! Management is nice but lost. A nice concept but flawed. You have 6-7 people that make quota. The other 60 make it 4-5 times a year.
Learned
Dealer Services Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 26, 2014
Pros: less ware and tear on the car, getting to know office group (became family), great compensation
Cons: not being out meeting my customer, same environment for 9 hours a day.
I worked in outside sales for 10 yrs and it was very interesting to be able to experience the inside sales and support position. I learned how to recognize voice reflection and extreme in house multi- tasking. I learned that I am good at anything I put my mind to but enjoy face to face interaction much more.
Long Hours
Sales Associate/Floor Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2014
Good compensation but very long hours. The management was very rude and sometimes use abusive language.
Productive and fun work place but long hours and low pay.
Service Cashier (Former Employee), Buford, GAMay 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches on saturdays, friendly staff, fun environment
Cons: unfair scheduling, many hours and low pay, takes almost 5+ more years to advance, work 6 days a week, work every saturday, 20 minute lunches on saturdays, unfair treatment
As a service cashier I interact with customers, service advisors, porters (valets), and technicians. I checkout the customers who have to pay for services from oil changes, new tires, and recalls. I schedule appointments through phone or in person. I help customers find where they need to go. There is filing and data entry.

Fellow cashiers are fun – more... to work with because we all act like team players and get along great. Cashiers also get along with service advisors and service technicians.

The hardest part about the job is the service cashiers get blamed for most things that are not out fault. Higher ups seem to think cashiers are the lowest of the low on the totem pole as a job. We do a lot and do not get appreciated for it. Customers are the first to yell at us and think it is our fault that the price is unfair when it is the service advisor who comes up with the pricing.

There are good and bad days with managers. One manager sometimes will treat us like we are toddlers while another manager will give the shirt of her back for us.

The most enjoyable parts of the job are the outgoing coworkers, working with customers, no day is the same, job is easy. The cashiers have had customers who have given us free brownies and cookies (he was a baker), another customer who worked at Wrigley's have us twenty packs of gum. – less
Productive and Busy place
Porter/Car Washer (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMay 29, 2014
There was always something to do. Greeting clients and providing excellent customer service was my main priority.
Hostile work environment
HUMAN RESOURCES (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 28, 2014
Wrong people in HR, Employees are threatened to be fired. Sad work enviornment.
efficent
Service consultant/ Body shop Manager (Former Employee), Belle Glade, FLMay 3, 2014
This is a large company and it feels as if you are a number
but effective
Long hours with little income or room for advancement
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee), Delray Beach, FLMay 2, 2014
Cons: everything
Management is not supportive or helpful. Goals and quotas are impossible to achieve. No teamwork between departments. The most unprofessional environment imaginable.
Current employee for Autonation. The work environment is horrible slot of tension everyone stabs each other in the back!
Sale Associate (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 30, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: all of the above
I've worked for autonation for 5yrs there is no advancement. Every other year they cut pay Never ever give raises and it's all about who u know and Not what know!
beauty surroundings
Training and Performance Manager (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 17, 2014
Pros: wonderful people
outstanding workplace, world class .leadership. Appreciated

1 2 3 4

About AutoNation

When America needs a car or truck, they call on AutoNation. With over 8 million happy customers and counting, AutoNation is America’s – Read more