AutoNation Employee Reviews

Best place to work
Fixed Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLAugust 21, 2017
I have work for AutoNation for over 22 years now. They provide opportunities for advancement by training and engaging their employees. They empower the employees and Leaders to take care of customers.
Don't trust recruiters
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2017
If you get a call from a recruiter, don't trust anything that they say. They get paid for bringing people in. They will entice you with a great premise but won't deliver on any of it. Horrible experience. Very dissatisfied, disheartened, and disappointed with this company. I thought they were better.
stressful and cruel
registerations (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 18, 2017
If you are error proof this is the company for you. Management is not on your side. they enjoy making you feel inadequate. they don't want to teach you anything they execpt you to walk in the door already knowing This company is pretty much data entry at any level. if you enjoy punching numbers and being told your not moving fast enough than please work here.
Pros
the 5k for wipe out kids cancer
Cons
the health care is expensive
I enjoyed working with autonation
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLAugust 18, 2017
I was a finance manager they prmote me from a sales person to finance manage, they send me to bussiness school to learn finance skills, they give me training on and of every year, the major credit goes to autonation were I stand now.
Quick paced, but not a hard job.
Lot Porter/Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLAugust 17, 2017
Quick paced, time management is a must. Not a hard job. Job is outdoors and on your feet all the time. Management is always available to speak to regarding any issues.
Pros
Paid holidays, steady hours.
Cons
Fast paced.
Car sales.
Automotive Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 16, 2017
its not a very good job. I had no sales training and on my first day I was told to get out there and sell cars. And if I hadn't sold a car by the end of the day I should stay until I do. And that's what it was like every single day. Oh and if I was talking to a customer and they weren't going to buy I would get yelled at for not turning them over to someone else who would basically trick them into a car they just wanted info on. I don't like messing with peoples minds.
Pros
you meet lots of people
Cons
a lot of people lie to you about everything.
Poor Management
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2017
Good money, however that is about it. You will not like the work hours or the changing conditions of work, which seems to change weekly. Unreasonable expectations. Management that is either good and they get transferred, or in the case of some, not fit for management
fun and friendly enviroment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 15, 2017
great place to work, unfortunately I had to resign due to personal issues, but it was hands down one of my favorite jobs I've worked, the other receptionist were sweet, the company offered you free college, and everyone made you feel welcomed.
A Place to Work When You Have No Goals
Reconciliation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 12, 2017
AutoNation is not a place to work if you want fulfillment, its just a job. It's a massive company with plenty of mind-numbing work to give you if you'd like it. The pay will never be great, but the job security is pretty good.
Very stressful with long hours.
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2017
Stay away! I would NOT recommend it. This place is a very stressful one with very long work hours and low pay. You will have to kiss customers' butt in order to get a good review which will also impact your paycheck. No training and employees quit every month that's why they are hiring all the time. Stay away!!
Pros
Cons
Stressful, long hours, pay structure is horrible.
good pay for cashiers but not for service advisors
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 9, 2017
management is okay, sometimes micro-managing
the hardest part of the job is being the only cashier at super busy times. sometimes you have a line out the door
i really liked working with the people there, though
Pros
people, pay, hours
Cons
micro-managing, pay for advisors, short staffed
stressful . over worked under paid no room for advancement
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 8, 2017
working for auto nation is working for a big corporation where the big wigs dont get invloved they have area managers who protect themselves and there pay. when you work in the service department as a service advisor if you can upsale they will change your pay plan immediately . very cut throat atmosphere . as you can see they are always hiring.
Pros
having a job
Cons
autonations beliefs and doing business in there views does not benefit employees
The job worst experience ever !!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 5, 2017
I work for this company the management is the worst I have seen.I have worked in the service industry since 1998 . This company treats their employees like they are doing us a favor by us working there. Most of the managers have NO experience how do their jobs (very bad leadership) My manager was never in the office, he has his favor group of employees and he lets them do what ever they want. I would not want my worst enemy to work there.
Pros
Cons
The worst management and a very bad pay plan ..
Porter
Service Porter (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXAugust 5, 2017
They don't care about you, they over work you and don't expect to get anymore money. They take people as a joke when they ask to go up and move to different positions. Management sucks and definitely favorites other employees then others.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Disgusting management
management decisions change daily
Used Vehicle Director (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 4, 2017
No consistent direction,Consistently trying to economize their way to a profit . The culture is lacking in employee retention or adjustment.Hardest part of the job is trying to read between the lines
Terrible managers
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 4, 2017
Terrible micro-management . Constant threat of firing. They force you to make twice as many appointments as the shop can handle. They treat the techs like animals and don't care if they leave.
Autonation's motto is do more with less, and "we are accountable to our corporate shareholders."
The support staff is practically non-existant and no training. Terribly under staffed on cashiers and receptionists by choice.
They say they care about CSI but won't let you do anything to actually make customers happy. Also they hold you accountable for negative surveys even if the reason you got a bad survey was because the cashier or the lot porter was rude. The insurance they offer is unaffordable and has ridiculous deductibles.
This is truly a case of over worked, over stressed, and under paid.
The longevity bonus is decent if you can last long enough.
Pros
Very few
Cons
Too many to list
Great place to work, but the hours are grueling.
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 2, 2017
Great place to learn the industry but working 60 hours a week does not leave my with any free time. Many people have quit in the short time I've been here, an indicator that something is wrong.
Pros
Free lunch, half hour break. They train you well.
Sales/Finance Advisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 31, 2017
Good company for single people who has no kids and willing to work long hours..

if you are in sales you have to work every Saturday and every other Sunday
Pros
you can make decent money... if you sell??
Cons
no life
Gulf Freeway Location
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2017
Training is non-existent. Was not given the tools to be successful. Long hours, commission only. Benefits were were available but very high deductibles.
Parts Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 30, 2017
Good Benefits, clean environment. Lots of terrific customers and co-workers. Fast paced. work hours are a plus. Centerally located and company provided car.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AutoNation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9