AutoNation

AutoNation Employee Reviews

Great Product and Service
Certified Sales Professional (Current Employee), Laurel, MDJuly 23, 2015
Great work atmosphere and enjoyed selling cars there. You have the opportunity to sell both new and used vehicles. Both Chevrolets, Buicks and GMCs.
Automotive Retail
Director of Marketing (Former Employee), Ft. LauderdaleJuly 22, 2015
Largest dealer group headquartered in Ft. Lauderdale, FL stores cover 15 major metro markets across the US. Public company representing just about every OEM.
Tough office enviroment
accounting (Former Employee), 104 Federal, WestminsterJuly 17, 2015
Never satisfied Office Manager or upper managers. More stress than it was worth. Enjoyed my time helping with phones but couldn't work on anything from my desk at the phones. Most enjoyable was talking to other stores but that was 15min of my day.
Fun Workplace
Lead Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: N/a
-Helping Customer's and answering lots of phone calls
-Positive Energy
-Team Work
-Friendly Enviroment
-Enjoyable and always sunny here
Great place to work great co workers
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Pembroke PinesJuly 14, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company
test
Manager of Benefits Administration (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 2, 2015
Hard work but pays very well. Long hours and intensive.

Enjoyed working there and collegues were fantastic. Everyone works together to get the job done.
Autonation is a very well established
Check Processor Specialist (Current Employee), Irving,TXJune 22, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: long hours
Autonation is a very well established , I have learned many different things while working with this company .
It is very number drivin, you put in long hours sometime's 12 hour days which could be the hardest part .
management is continulously changing as well as the policy and procedure , so you must adapt well to change here at autonation.
Excellent corporation to be associated with
BDC Specialist / Appointment Setter (Former Employee), Greenacres, FLJune 19, 2015
Pros: good atmossphere
As a team member, my appointments & sales were equal to the 2 other members.
Generated repeat business through successful client follow-up.
Consistently followed up with customers to get their feedback on their showroom visit.
I was able to discuss their situation and assured them that I work closely with the
General Manager and this gave me increased be back appointments.
My appointments to show was over 80% and this gave me a 48% to 52% sales ratio.
Good company, stable and reliable
Office Manager, A/R Supervisor, A/R Admin (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 16, 2015
Pros: Convenient locations and good benefits
Cons: growth opportunities as the accounting departments were consolidated out of state
Learned a lot and worked with some amazing people over my years there. A little bit of a "boys club" mentality but for the most part was a nice environment to work in.
A fast paced environment that your always challenged and great
Collision Administrator (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 14, 2015
Pros: great oppurtunities
Cons: none
a typical day at work starts off with high volume of phone calls with customer needed additional information about their vehicle and due dates of repairs working with many great, smart people and Managers that reach out to help at any time. There is never a time that I feel something is hard I feel I can challenge myself to do better or figure things out
Be Read for a culture shock
PC-Ops Analyst (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLMay 31, 2015
When I initially started there the culture was good. Started off with some issues with one of the managers there that seems to nit pick at everything but once he was under control the culture was great. Everyone got along, the job functionality was functional, the work load became light was we had a system going and things were moving along.

They hired a director for the department and everything changed. He was obsessed with first call resolution for a company that uses a minimum of 100 3rd party vendor applications and systems that requires time when dealing with a user on the phone. With that, he changed the culture to a call center environment where calls are always backed up in the queue, the customer satisfaction has declined and employee morale is pretty much gone.
Credit Associate (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: micro-managed
Worked my way up to the Corporate office, complete opposite of the dealership I worked for, fun place to work on occasion, free monthly lunches, most of the people I worked with were nice
Auto business not for everyone
Anonymous (Former Employee), FloridaMay 17, 2015
It's all who you know, not what you bring to the company. Really a grind, long hours, little pay. Weak benefits. Inconsistent management and application of policies and procedures.
Really great job opportunties
Auto Detailer (Former Employee), Gardena, CAMay 4, 2015
Working there was great, really flexible work hours plus great overtime schedules. Everyone is so friendly and get around well.
Negative enviorment
Manager (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 28, 2015
Cons: Management and lack of poeple skills
Nothing positive to say, well one...benifits are good. otherwise general negative enviroment and what appears to be weak HR department to correct/ train managemnt on people skills and people managemnt/ team building.
New enviroment
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 22, 2015
Pros: meeting people
Cons: management unable to determine how they could use my skills
I started to work with AutoNation from the beginning of opening. I was trained/exposed to different aspects of the business from Greeter to showing customer all features of the automobile, outside and under the hood. Being a new establishment there was a need for further growth and development. Management had me in a Business Development position, supervising reception staff and other non selling positions. They were unable to advance my duties as they we undecided where they needed my skills.
work flow is consistant.
FLOORING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), irving, txApril 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches on month end
Cons: healthcare
A good place to work at if you just want to come in, get work done and leave. Not much room for growth. People are friendly and willing to help you.
Some of the employees are nice
Lube tech (Former Employee), Valencia caMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Not many lunch every now and then
Cons: They will change your hours without telling you and then writhe you up
The employees are cool and willing to help out but managment is pathetic. You have to know people high up to keep your job or have your nose up someones butt.
Love the people I work but the management team needs to be changed.
Line Technician (Former Employee), Margate, FLMarch 14, 2015
Pros: hard to say
Cons: management sucks
the technician and services writers are great management in most stores suck and have no clue how to run a business. They do everything backwards. And in my store racism still exist
Awsome work enviroment
SALESMAN/ Asst. mgr (Former Employee), Houston TxMarch 11, 2015
Pros: work enviroment
Cons: hours
Taking care of customers needs by listing to them, and then selling them a vehicle.
How to deal with all different kinds of people
management was great
co-workers were awesome
When I made a customer happy with the new purchase of a vehicle
Headquarters