Autonomous Research is a leading independent equity and credit research firm, providing coverage of all major European banks and insurers, and US banks, asset managers and payment processors. We publish equity and credit research and offer execution service across the capital structure. Our clients consist of the 100 largest institutional asset managers and hedge funds globally, serviced by our offices in London and New York. The firm was founded in 2009 as a partnership owned by the staff, with no outside investors.
Autonomous’s Payments & Processing equity research team seeks a Research Associate in its New York office. The role involves building and maintaining models, as well as writing research notes and industry pieces. The team is looking for a strong analytical candidate with payments industry experience (preferred), and a passion for research and investing.
- Support current team in the coverage of the Payments/Processing sector
- Creation and maintenance of earnings and valuation models, leveraging the candidate’s skills in accounting, finance, economics and the payments industry
- Responsible for gathering, analyzing, and maintaining industry data, including creating charts and tables
- Deal with sales, trading and clients as well as prepare research reports for initiations of coverage, analysis of industry data, earnings results, and industry/company news
- Prepare industry reports discussing current industry trends, notable events or macroeconomic data
- Develop and maintain relationships with investor relations personnel and management of companies under coverage
- Assist internal sales and trading teams in the timely analysis of breaking news in the sector
- The candidate should have at least 2 years of experience in equity research, investment banking, or consulting
- Candidates with experience in the payments industry will be given preference
- Proficient (and demonstrated) writing skills and ability to independently produce written product suitable for publication and widespread dissemination
- “Can do” attitude, high energy, self-motivated, team-oriented, with strong communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets and use creative search techniques in the research process
- High degree of proficiency with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Candidates are expected to be adaptable and have the ability to work well under pressure in a sometimes-intense environment, and should also be able to operate independently to produce accurate, detailed materials while meeting tight deadlines. A desire and ability to work in a small, tight-knit work environment is critical.
Indeed - 15 months ago