AutoTrader.com

AutoTrader.com Employer Reviews

Great place to work!
Account Executive (Former Employee), Savannah, GaSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great compensation and benefits!!! travel!!!
Cons: came in during a time when the country was experiencing a market crash.
Offered seminars to educate prospects on the value of the World Wide Web as it relates to their business. After conducting a proper C.N.A put together a plan that helped my clients to experience growth. The average growth experienced was between 10 -15%. As a result of the services provided received a high volume of business in the form of referrals. – more... My ability to write copy made me valuable to my customers. When I visit a new account I would stop by the offices to the left and right of the prospect to introduce myself as a form of cold calling. This would also aid in the development of business. The most enjoyable part of the job was the company meeting in great locations. The travel associated with the job is unmatched. The employees were a great group of people to work with. In addition to the travel the most enjoyable part of the job was the compensation. – less
Big Company = Big Benefits
Advertising Consultant, Media Sales (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: benefits and training
Cons: your voice is not heard if you're not high up
Great people work at this company (overall). They push you to excel and will typically hire from within when it comes to advancing.
Great company really enjoyed the experience
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2014
Was outside sales rep responsible for new sales and taking care of existing accounts
Great Company, Great People
Advertising Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 8, 2014
Was laid off due to reduction of force. Amazing team to work with! Training and education was excellent too.
Amazing Job
Learning & Development Senior Training Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2014
AutoTrader.com is an amazing company to work for. Up to date on all latest technology. They provide excellent training. Pay plan is great.
Don't Get Suckered In!
Front-end Developer (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 1, 2014
Pros: some good people, starting compensation, pension, pto
Cons: unstable, immature, cliques, pettiness, poor management
As the titled says, don't get suckered in. People are jumping ship with this company left and right. Any given moment you walk by someone's desk you're likely to see they're on a career search site looking for a new job. The whispers among co-workers will be how much they hate the company and they're looking for another job.

This company is a complete – more... JOKE! They make unrealistic promises to their customers that they know full and well they can't deliver on.

Very poor organization and management.

When I started working with this company, I was so excited having been out of work for awhile and not catching a break I thought I had found the job of my dreams. It wasn't long after before I realized what a dark place I was trapped in.

In just the last couple of months at least 10 or more people have quit when there's only about 50 in the department. This company is NOT stable. Last month they let an entire department go out of the clear blue sky.

This company is very "cliquey" meaning you have people that have developed relationships over the time they've worked together. And if you're not in their cliques, be prepared to be shut out. Don't be fooled by the false smiles. These cliques find comfort in hanging out in the bars and drinking, which only makes their click stronger.

It's a horrible company to work for and if you have other offers on the table, take them!

There are some good people there that are just holding on until the ship sinks, but the reality is they all know the company is full of it and probably don't want to be bothered with the hassle of going through the new employee/job hunt. – less
Fun work place
ETL/Data Warehouse Developer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2014
Good working place. Appreciative co-workers. Great project managers.
Advertising Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits, unmatched training
Cons: poor management, horrible pay plan that is always changing.
The company is great and full of talented people. In my region, the managers were awful with zero experience. The company was going in a direction of aggressive growth that would have caused an integrity issue between my dealers and I, They lost sight of the employee. They kept changing the pay plan to where in one year, I made $40,000 less. The nest – more... year was projected to be an additional cut – less
Fun place to work
Release Manager (Current Employee), AtlantaApril 22, 2014
Nice and fun place to work. Best management i have worked with.
Enter at Your Own Risk
Dealer Concierge (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2014
First thing you need to know is that all of the 4 and 5 star ratings are written by the HR department to offset the negative reviews.
Be aware that managers play favorites, flexibility is only granted in terms of is it an advantage to management because if it is not, they will not be flexible with things such as scheduling time off. You are awarded – more... paid time off but it is extremely difficult to use if you work in a certain department ( I won't say which but it is the largest one in the company- you figure it out) .
It is extremely difficult to move out of this , what I call entry level position. The money is good , I won't lie , the benefits are good, the company does believe in community service and they are very good in having events in which employees participate- but be aware , depending on your department it is extremely difficult to get your manager to approve time for community service events despite the fact the company wants you do this
I'm putting in my two weeks notice as I write my review but when you give your two weeks notice, they expect you to leave before close of business
The job is not difficult to do but expect your manager to treat you like a five year old. – less
Fast paced and fun
Consumer Support Rep/ Private Seller Rep (Former Employee), Duluth gaApril 1, 2014
Working was very faced based and different. Taught me the difference between phone customer service and face to face customer service. Which was is something that I still carry to this day.
Fun place to work
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2014
Nice environment and technically strong team. Work load is bit on the higher side. Great buildings and located outside downtown which is huge plus to beat traffic.
Great people, good culture, sell, sell, sell.
Regional Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee), Oakbrook Terrace, ILMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great people, good benifits, decent pay.
Cons: things don't always need to change.
Always something new, the only constant is change.
If you are in sales you are expected to make your numbers, if you don't get your resume ready.
You are rewarded for hard work.
Dealer Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2014
This was the best job I ever had in my life when I moved to Atlanta. The people where great! To bad they are nolonger around!
High stress job but great rewards
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits, home office, expense account
Cons: 80 hr work week, no management support in my district
I loved the job with AutoTrader.Com and won several awards for sales as well as being spotlighted in @Home magazine. Helping dealerships with their online presence and seeing the business they got from AutoTrader.Com was extremely fulfilling. Working the 70/80 hours a week with a daughter still in school was tough and the time I had to spend in the – more... field also took me away from home more than I cared for. Management changed 6 times in my time with them and having no support from most of them taught me to be self sufficient. – less
Informatica Developer/Analyst
Informatica Developer/Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2014
 Involved with Business Analysis team in collecting the business requirements based on user specifications and transformed them into ETL Specs.
 Created Design/Technical documents to handle various process and the necessary dependencies so that the developers can refer it as a design document.
 Have worked on ODS/Staging environment in Data ware – more... house projects.
 Fine Tuned the SQL queries using hints for maximum efficiency and performance.
 Interacting with the users and troubleshooting the problems involved with the development of stored procedures, triggers and with the privileges.
 Extracted data from various sources like Flat files, Oracle and loaded it into Target systems Netezza 4.5.1 using Informatica Power Center 8.6.1
 Created Netezza database, users, base table and views using proper distribution key structure.
 Used Informatica Power Exchange for Netezza to pull data from Netezza data warehouse.
 Developed mapping parameters and variables to support connection for the target database as Netezza and source database as Oracle OLTP database.
 Partitioned session for concurrent loading of data in to the target tables. – less
Slave drivers
District Manager (Former Employee), n/aJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: money, benefits, annual convention
Cons: management thats never happy with results. great work unrewarded
Constantly put in 14-17 hour days, but it was never enough for my regional sales manager. The culture at this place used to be great until new management came in and started cutting everything. I worked for an absolute tyrant who was never satisfied and always wanted more, more and more. New pay plans are revealed regularly and none of them benefit – more... employees. They preach about work and life balance but there is none with this company. In order to meet deadlines, I had to work 14-17 hour days, Saturday mornings and Sunday nights, then still couldn't get the work done. The stress was invading my sleep and I was told by my doctor to switch jobs or this one would kill me. The pay was awesome but not worth the hassle. The turnover at this company is incredible because management is never happy. You'll get paid well, but you'll work like a dog. – less
When I first started it was a great place to work, not anymore
Advertising consultant (Former Employee), Central WisconsinJanuary 14, 2014
Management needs to improve and get out of the good ole boy network. Middle level managers have no experience managing sales professionals and can't define their own districts or territories. Maybe if they listened to the employees rather than what is happening in other markets they could develop a cohesive team.
Productive Workplace with an even better culture!
Dealer Concierge (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2014
Amazing place to work.
• Daily Communication: A Dealer Concierge provides responsive, timely telephone and email support to Dealer Customers, Sales and other internal teams. Needs to keep the Dealer and/or Sales informed of the status of open issues. The DC should also work with Sales to identify and document the best communication methods and styles – more... of each salesperson within the assigned territory. A DC needs to facilitate retention communications, as requested by Sales and work with them to identify, document and follow any exceptions to the standard process.
• Reporting: Distribute any necessary report to sales or other internal clients.
• Problem Resolution: Resolve issues upon initial contact (i.e. "first call resolution"), whenever possible. Oversee all problems to resolution, even when delegated to others.
• AutoTrader.com Knowledge: Maintain a strong understanding of AutoTrader.com’s products and services. Adhere to all policies, procedures, and guidelines. Understand the organization (departments, personnel and their responsibilities). Develop or improve on internal systems knowledge.
• Ad hoc responsibilities: The Dealer Concierge will show the flexibility necessary to adjust to changing duties and responsibilities as the department/company evolves. Additional responsibilities may be delegated to the Dealer Concierge in order to assist the department/company meet their objectives. – less
Great Internship Program
Corporate Events Internship (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2014
Most likely, you will have a great time. The program has plenty of activities and you are given meaningful work, no matter what department you're in.

1 2 3

About AutoTrader.com

Our mission at AutoTrader.com is to be your ultimate online solution for buying and selling new, certified and used cars. Our – Read more