AutoTrader.com

AutoTrader.com Employer Reviews

Explosive opportunity for professional growth
Business Analyst Co-op (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2014
Pros: break room, work from home, benefits, fun, management
Cons: couldn't think of anything at the moment.
Finished my co-op at ATC where I collaborated with subject matter experts from many departments and business units. It was an outstanding experience. My manager and my mentor was very helpful in my professional development. Overall, it was an outstanding experience.
Productive fun atmosphere
Regional Creative Coordinator (Former Employee), Brea, CANovember 11, 2014
I worked as a remote employee from my home.
Great co-workers
Management very helpful and supportive
Company supplied online training courses.
Invited to all expense paid company wide meetings at a select destination each year.
company doesn't care about their employees
Advertising Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2014
Pros: co-workers are good people
Cons: unhealthy atmosphere, absolutely no work/life balance, no support, too many hours for too little pay
the culture here used to be great and you could also make great money doing your job; upper management has completely changed though and pay plans have completely changed also creating an unhealthy atmosphere; there is NO work/life balance; and the company is back in a high turnover mode; direct management isn't good either - you must be totally self-sufficient – more... and figure it out yourself, no support what-so-ever; you have to work way too many hours and way too hard for the compensation and it'll NEVER be enough; goals will continually be raised and compensation will continually decrease; if you want to work hard and not be rewarded then consider AutoTrader.com but it you want unlimited possibilities/opportunity/success/support then don't stop here and keep on looking; co-workers are good people - that's the only positive thing i have to say – less
Used to be a great company
Advertising Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 27, 2014
Pros: great culture in the beginning
Cons: insane amount of side tasks detract from real work. management incompetent
Management is different anywhere you go. My particular area has serious management issues.
Great place to get lots of sales and product training, but watch your backā€¦
Advertising Consultant (Current Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: lots of training, somewhat (but not always) secured territories
Cons: sales comp plans change 2-3 times per year, lack of regionalizing operations makes it difficult to provide customers the best service, sales reps are overtasked with different sales products as well as billing and collection, true customer service is very difficult, no real new products to sell in over 4 years, organizational attitude towards customers is " buy us because we're the best, if not you are missing out"
Good place to gain sales and digital advertising experience.
Very few managers that truly "serve" their staff, only looking out for themselves and do not have the sales staff or customers in their best interest. Good Managers usually leave due to frustration and lack of Leadership they receive.
VERY difficult to get a promotion as the glass-ceiling – more... ends at the Local Manager level (only about 10 managers in CA).
LOTS of Nepotism and you can forget about better opportunities (or accounts) if you're not "in" with the right upper-management.
Any upward movement requires you to relocate or resign. – less
Great place to work!
Account Executive (Former Employee), Savannah, GaSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great compensation and benefits!!! travel!!!
Cons: came in during a time when the country was experiencing a market crash.
Offered seminars to educate prospects on the value of the World Wide Web as it relates to their business. After conducting a proper C.N.A put together a plan that helped my clients to experience growth. The average growth experienced was between 10 -15%. As a result of the services provided received a high volume of business in the form of referrals. – more... My ability to write copy made me valuable to my customers. When I visit a new account I would stop by the offices to the left and right of the prospect to introduce myself as a form of cold calling. This would also aid in the development of business. The most enjoyable part of the job was the company meeting in great locations. The travel associated with the job is unmatched. The employees were a great group of people to work with. In addition to the travel the most enjoyable part of the job was the compensation. – less
Big Company = Big Benefits
Advertising Consultant, Media Sales (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: benefits and training
Cons: your voice is not heard if you're not high up
Great people work at this company (overall). They push you to excel and will typically hire from within when it comes to advancing.
Great company really enjoyed the experience
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2014
Was outside sales rep responsible for new sales and taking care of existing accounts
Great Company, Great People
Advertising Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 8, 2014
Was laid off due to reduction of force. Amazing team to work with! Training and education was excellent too.
Amazing Job
Learning & Development Senior Training Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2014
AutoTrader.com is an amazing company to work for. Up to date on all latest technology. They provide excellent training. Pay plan is great.
Don't Get Suckered In!
Front-end Developer (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 1, 2014
Pros: some good people, starting compensation, pension, pto
Cons: unstable, immature, cliques, pettiness, poor management
As the titled says, don't get suckered in. People are jumping ship with this company left and right. Any given moment you walk by someone's desk you're likely to see they're on a career search site looking for a new job. The whispers among co-workers will be how much they hate the company and they're looking for another job.

This company is a complete – more... JOKE! They make unrealistic promises to their customers that they know full and well they can't deliver on.

Very poor organization and management.

When I started working with this company, I was so excited having been out of work for awhile and not catching a break I thought I had found the job of my dreams. It wasn't long after before I realized what a dark place I was trapped in.

In just the last couple of months at least 10 or more people have quit when there's only about 50 in the department. This company is NOT stable. Last month they let an entire department go out of the clear blue sky.

This company is very "cliquey" meaning you have people that have developed relationships over the time they've worked together. And if you're not in their cliques, be prepared to be shut out. Don't be fooled by the false smiles. These cliques find comfort in hanging out in the bars and drinking, which only makes their click stronger.

It's a horrible company to work for and if you have other offers on the table, take them!

There are some good people there that are just holding on until the ship sinks, but the reality is they all know the company is full of it and probably don't want to be bothered with the hassle of going through the new employee/job hunt. – less
Fun work place
ETL/Data Warehouse Developer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2014
Good working place. Appreciative co-workers. Great project managers.
Advertising Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits, unmatched training
Cons: poor management, horrible pay plan that is always changing.
The company is great and full of talented people. In my region, the managers were awful with zero experience. The company was going in a direction of aggressive growth that would have caused an integrity issue between my dealers and I, They lost sight of the employee. They kept changing the pay plan to where in one year, I made $40,000 less. The nest – more... year was projected to be an additional cut – less
Fun place to work
Release Manager (Current Employee), AtlantaApril 22, 2014
Nice and fun place to work. Best management i have worked with.
Enter at Your Own Risk
Dealer Concierge (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2014
First thing you need to know is that all of the 4 and 5 star ratings are written by the HR department to offset the negative reviews.
Be aware that managers play favorites, flexibility is only granted in terms of is it an advantage to management because if it is not, they will not be flexible with things such as scheduling time off. You are awarded – more... paid time off but it is extremely difficult to use if you work in a certain department ( I won't say which but it is the largest one in the company- you figure it out) .
It is extremely difficult to move out of this , what I call entry level position. The money is good , I won't lie , the benefits are good, the company does believe in community service and they are very good in having events in which employees participate- but be aware , depending on your department it is extremely difficult to get your manager to approve time for community service events despite the fact the company wants you do this
I'm putting in my two weeks notice as I write my review but when you give your two weeks notice, they expect you to leave before close of business
The job is not difficult to do but expect your manager to treat you like a five year old. – less
Fast paced and fun
Consumer Support Rep/ Private Seller Rep (Former Employee), Duluth gaApril 1, 2014
Working was very faced based and different. Taught me the difference between phone customer service and face to face customer service. Which was is something that I still carry to this day.
Fun place to work
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2014
Nice environment and technically strong team. Work load is bit on the higher side. Great buildings and located outside downtown which is huge plus to beat traffic.
Great people, good culture, sell, sell, sell.
Regional Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee), Oakbrook Terrace, ILMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great people, good benifits, decent pay.
Cons: things don't always need to change.
Always something new, the only constant is change.
If you are in sales you are expected to make your numbers, if you don't get your resume ready.
You are rewarded for hard work.
Dealer Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2014
This was the best job I ever had in my life when I moved to Atlanta. The people where great! To bad they are nolonger around!
High stress job but great rewards
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits, home office, expense account
Cons: 80 hr work week, no management support in my district
I loved the job with AutoTrader.Com and won several awards for sales as well as being spotlighted in @Home magazine. Helping dealerships with their online presence and seeing the business they got from AutoTrader.Com was extremely fulfilling. Working the 70/80 hours a week with a daughter still in school was tough and the time I had to spend in the – more... field also took me away from home more than I cared for. Management changed 6 times in my time with them and having no support from most of them taught me to be self sufficient. – less

1 2 3 4

About AutoTrader.com

Our mission at AutoTrader.com is to be your ultimate online solution for buying and selling new, certified and used cars. Our – Read more