AutoTrader.com Employee Reviews in United States

work place
Sr. Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2016
Over 8 years of experience in facilitating development of Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse systems, providing BI expertise, designing data models by translating business requirements into data flows and data mapping, planning and executing ETL/BI Analysis, Development, SDLC Activities, Quality Assurance Planning and Execution.
Excellent place to work
Advertising Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 10, 2016
I loved the work environment with this company. There is contact room to grow and they truly value the employees. They recognize top performing employees and offer growth programs such as Leadership.
Pros
Stable work environment
Cons
Ever changing environment
Overall a great company to work for
Dealer Concierge (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2016
Autotrader is a great company to work for. They show employee appreciation and provide the best customer service to its customers both internal and external/
Pros
amazing employees
Cons
getting time off
Great team enviroment
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 2, 2016
Very busy.
Different learning experience on an inbound call center.
Great very reliable and supportive.
Great team support.
Being very patient and understanding with customers.
Lot of team support.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2016
Assisted customers in preparing ads to sell their vehicles. Assisted with photos and wording plus upgrades to sell their vehicles quicker.
Pros
Met a lot of interesting people
Stressful Environment
Advertising Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 30, 2016
The job has more demands than ever. I have no person time. I spend all of my time working and still having trouble meeting the company demands.
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
Stressful
Great company, with growth abound!
National Dealer Educator (Current Employee) –  NationwideNovember 17, 2015
I have truly enjoyed working with Cox Automotive. It is a diverse workplace with a lot of benefits.
Each day I have personally been able to effect the growth of our dealer clients and our support from the company is what allows me to do that.
I am proud to be a part of Cox Automotive.
Great working culture
Co-op Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2015
Boss treated us like adults. Assigned us work and then left us to do it. There weren't too many meetings and when we did, they were productive.
Pros
ping pong table on the second floor
Cons
the break room coffee maker broke down often
Fantastic company, great people, wonderful experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2015
It's been years since I had the honor and privelege of working at ATC, but it was a very positive experience. I was one of those people who quit their manager not the job/company. It is/was unfortunatet on every level.
Pros
Cons
one bad apple spoils the bunch
Great Place to Work 2 years ago
Media Portfolio Consultant (Former Employee) –  AnonymousMay 6, 2015
There have been multiple regime changes with each having a different focus. Middle Management is disconnected at best and does not know the individual markets they cover. There is a CYA mentality and micro management from the RD/VP level and they people on the front lines everyday are suffering from the poor leadership.
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
Poor Middle and upper middle management, shift from caring about the people to driving unreasonable results.
Home Depot
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2015
Amazing company. I am a loyal employee and I love where I work. I've been with the company for 6 years and I am grateful for the opportunity that I have been given
Great Job
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2015
Great Job and Environment. Fun place to work. Great community service events. Great people. •A job that provides opportunity to learn, progress and contribute to the organization.
•A teamwork-oriented environment in a company that empowers employees to create and take initiatives.
•A job that my skills are utilized to the maximum and allows me to grow within the organization.
Pros
Great People
Lots of opportunities for advancement.
Dealer Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2015
There are plenty of opportunities for advancement if you have the pleasant attitude and a strong work ethic. There are a lot of mentoring programs and training courses available. The company is always changing and this provides new opportunities on a regular basis. The benefits are great and there are a lot of fun activities to show employee appreciation.
Pros
great benefits!
Cons
management
Explosive opportunity for professional growth
Business Analyst Co-op (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2014
Finished my co-op at ATC where I collaborated with subject matter experts from many departments and business units. It was an outstanding experience. My manager and my mentor was very helpful in my professional development. Overall, it was an outstanding experience.
Pros
break room, work from home, benefits, fun, management
Cons
couldn't think of anything at the moment.
Overall great place to work
Contact Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2015
The company is great, the people are great. The benefits are the best in the business, including pension plan, medical, dental, 401k, vision, corporate discounts, and I could go on and on. Currently restructuring a lot as part of continuous growth. Great facilities, too.
Pros
benefits, pay, people, facility
Cons
currently job stability, vague goals
Has been a great place to work for the last 7 years
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  South MississippiApril 30, 2015
I have to do account reviews with all of my dealers once a month. I set appointments with them and show my products and advise them on which would most help them out with sales.
Advertising Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2014
The company is great and full of talented people. In my region, the managers were awful with zero experience. The company was going in a direction of aggressive growth that would have caused an integrity issue between my dealers and I, They lost sight of the employee. They kept changing the pay plan to where in one year, I made $40,000 less. The nest year was projected to be an additional cut
Pros
great benefits, unmatched training
Cons
poor management, horrible pay plan that is always changing.
High stress job but great rewards
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 2, 2014
I loved the job with AutoTrader.Com and won several awards for sales as well as being spotlighted in @Home magazine. Helping dealerships with their online presence and seeing the business they got from AutoTrader.Com was extremely fulfilling. Working the 70/80 hours a week with a daughter still in school was tough and the time I had to spend in the field also took me away from home more than I cared for. Management changed 6 times in my time with them and having no support from most of them taught me to be self sufficient.
Pros
great benefits, home office, expense account
Cons
80 hr work week, no management support in my district
By far the best company. Fun place to work.
Advertising Consultant (Former Employee) –  North Andover MA.May 28, 2013
Great people, the best trainers work at this company. Its virtually impossible to fail because of them. This company hires only the best people. We had a lay off during the whole economic downturn in 2008. I miss this company. Everyone still stays in touch with each other to this day with the people that are still there and the ones that have left. It's like one big happy family. Wish more companies were like ATC. There would be less of a turnover and more revenue growth.
you do not want to work here
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, gaOctober 17, 2012
When I first started, this place seemed lke a great company but not so much anymore.

There is not fair opportunity for advancement.
2% or less raises annually regardless of if you are a top performer or not.
I don't understand why people are awarded employee of the month for doing their basic job functions but when you go above and beyond outside your regular duties no one recognizes you.
My supervisors ignores all emails and has a dictatorship style of leadership.
It takes an act of GOD to approve PTO requests even if you submit them months in advance. I had friend that had to attend a funeral and my boss threatened to fire her if she took time off.
Every aspect of your job is micromanged.