AutoTrader.com Employee Reviews

Great co-workers and mission
Account Manager- National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 12, 2017
Growing pains with new management, but hopefully company culture will get back on-track soon. Working remotely options greatly help with productivity.
Pros
flexibility/remote working
Nice group of people but too many non-technical folks
Java Architect (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2017
A very nice group of people to work with. People are technically solid and overall company is moving in the right direction as far as technical leadership is concerned. A little behind in adopting cloud technologies.
Contract Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2017
My day consist of verifying correctness of contracts, processing contracts, configing features, assisting Sales Rep with any issues they may have. I have a great management team that allow me to work freely to do my job. The work culture is great. I work with a team of people that do what it takes to get the job done. The hardest part of the job at time is obtaining information need to process an accurate contract. The enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with and meeting end of the month goals.
Pros
Work from home
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2017
I have worked at Autotrader for nearly 10 years and for the most part it has been a wonderful place to work. There have been many changes over the years as you can imagine, but the changes in the past years 3 or so have changed it from a great place to a good place to work. I have been fortunate to work on teams that believe in work, life balance. Unfortunately, that view has not necessarily been shared company wide. I have also seen the business analyst and quality assurance positions greatly devalued over the years which gives me cause for great concern. Having said that, I would not hesitate to recommend Autotrader to anyone looking for a job.
No complaints whatsoever - Great work/life balance and very competitive pay and benefits
Sales Advertising Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 11, 2017
This was the best job I have ever had. Unfortunately I had to leave for unforeseen circumstances. This company is one of the few that lived up to the environment they said they stood for. The values and statements a company makes typically are never held, but this company was great. They constantly preached work/life balance, and it is rare to see coming from other companies I have worked for in the fiortune 500 world where the norm is to work the employees to death. The people were great and the pay was amazing, many times they would pay me on a sale that another rep in the field made that i was working, so even when they did not have to pay it out, they would.

The commissions for my role were top notch. No complaints in that regard and always paid out on time.
Pros
Great pay, workalike balance
Cons
Manager had clouded judgement due to relationships with employees, Favoritism
Nice place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Factoria, WAMay 9, 2017
I loved working there and being able to call many different dealerships to try and get them to advertise on Autotrader.com. I love a good challenge and this company did set me up for success.
Pros
Great office space, Fun staff, Great team building
Cons
nothing really bad about this company except they had to lay off quite a few employees
Good company
Home Improvement Consultant (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILApril 26, 2017
strong product,, good culture... I could recommend someone working for them without hesitation.
Great people abound.............................................
Employee oriented
Dealer Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2017
The company is employees and employee benefits oriented. Employee activity facilities furnished with pool tables and televisions. Departments work well work place.
Pros
Emloyee relations
Cons
No Cons
Great Atmosphere , family /work balance
Dealer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2017
A typical day at AutoTrader is business first, but the atmosphere is warm and friendly. Depending on the management team and or the department you can be micromanaged. Micromanaging can be very annoying especially if you are a great worker that's use to working with little or no supervision. The workplace is safe and bright, with pool tables, ping pong, Video games, free coffee,lattes,hot cocoa & tea. If I had to say the hardest part of my job is the system glitches that we have to constantly deal with on a day to day basis. Also, the uncertainties of your job description can change at anytime. You may apply to be an inventory specialist and work at that job for a few years and all of a sudden without any warning they may have you perform another job function that you have no desire to perform. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with some dynamic people everyday.
Pros
Grea Benefits, Matching 401K plans, Community Service opportunities, Discounts hotels, rental cars, movie tickets, discounts and free tickets for various concerts and sporting events
Cons
micromanaged in certain departments, poor management choices, limited opportunities for advancing to different departments
Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2017
The AutoTrader.com culture great. Management is very helpful. Demanding sales goals. They offer great training to help you reach your goals. The difficult part is balancing your work and you personal life.
Pros
Great Training and management
Cons
Demanding sales goals, work/life balance
Fun workplace with a Game room
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Flexible work Hours
Good location
Flexible place to work
Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2017
Honestly, Autotrader is one of the best places to work. I have learned and grown so much in this company. It if very flexible, and able to work remote. The hardest part of my job is really nothing. I can really say that honestly. My team and I have a wonderful working relationship. My manager is a person that worked with us (the team) for years, so the transition is pretty smooth.
Pros
flexible
Cons
too much change
Digital Media Designer (Former Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 7, 2016
Great place to work, fun work environment, competitive benefits, work at a face pace, family orientated, room for advancement, great management team. I recommend it.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2016
Assisted customers in preparing ads to sell their vehicles. Assisted with photos and wording plus upgrades to sell their vehicles quicker.
Pros
Met a lot of interesting people
Overall a great company to work for
Dealer Concierge (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2016
Autotrader is a great company to work for. They show employee appreciation and provide the best customer service to its customers both internal and external/
Pros
amazing employees
Cons
getting time off
Great team enviroment
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 2, 2016
Very busy.
Different learning experience on an inbound call center.
Great very reliable and supportive.
Great team support.
Being very patient and understanding with customers.
Lot of team support.
Excellent place to work
Advertising Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 10, 2016
I loved the work environment with this company. There is contact room to grow and they truly value the employees. They recognize top performing employees and offer growth programs such as Leadership.
Pros
Stable work environment
Cons
Ever changing environment
work place
Sr. Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2016
Over 8 years of experience in facilitating development of Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse systems, providing BI expertise, designing data models by translating business requirements into data flows and data mapping, planning and executing ETL/BI Analysis, Development, SDLC Activities, Quality Assurance Planning and Execution.
Stressful Environment
Advertising Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 30, 2016
The job has more demands than ever. I have no person time. I spend all of my time working and still having trouble meeting the company demands.
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
Stressful
Great company, with growth abound!
National Dealer Educator (Current Employee) –  NationwideNovember 17, 2015
I have truly enjoyed working with Cox Automotive. It is a diverse workplace with a lot of benefits.
Each day I have personally been able to effect the growth of our dealer clients and our support from the company is what allows me to do that.
I am proud to be a part of Cox Automotive.