AutoZone Employee Reviews

Found 3,212 reviews matching the search
Unprofessional Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sharon, PASeptember 21, 2016
I have worked there a little over a year and was considered part time on paper. Which meant no benefits, holiday pay, ect that the full time employees got. However, there were weeks I put in 40+, some days working 14 hours. Its never been appreciated , the extra time and hard work I pour into this company. They could careless, and see their part time employees as irreplaceable at any time. Even though i did manager stuff, and worked my butt off there. Definitely an unprofessional, unappreciative company who punishes and cuts an employee's hours/relocates them...all for a store managers harassment!!
Pros
lunches, laid back atmosphere
Cons
no benefits
Decent first job
Parts Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CASeptember 20, 2016
Its a good place to learn about cars and auto parts if you're somewhat new to it. you learn a lot as you go if you didn't already know certain things. I cant say the company is great to work for but it's not bad. different stores different management and people to get along with. only great thing about the job is the extra discount you get but there really isn't any benefits to working for the company. Don't expect to be paid well for the high levels of stress you may have to deal with.
Pros
extra discount
Cons
low paying job
Very fun and fast paced job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2016
Typical day at Autozone will consist of battery replacement, check engine lights to be checked and of course oil. while working at autozone i have learned many thing such as the true definition of customer service and a list of parts to go with that. The hardest part about working at Autozone was dealing with very upset customers who are under the stress of there breaking vehicle but the would have to be being able to help out the overwhelmed customers.
Productive, easy, fun place to work
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Covington, LASeptember 10, 2016
Very basic work, same routine everyday just about. Very friendly customers and very customer interaction based. Learned how to use management computer systems and how to communicate and focus solely on customers needs/desires before anything. Hardest part of the job is that it sometimes can get busy and backed up causing a lot of stress. Very friendly coworkers, overall great environment.
Interesting place to work where everyday is a different challenge.
(SM) STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 8, 2016
A typical day at Autozone is fulfilling customer's needs by helping them find what they are looking for and making recommendations. I have learned the importance of teamwork to achieve both personal and company goals. My teammates are an essential part of the success. Management at Autozone is hands on,always on top of what needs to be done to improve. The hardest part of the job is that it is far from my home and the fact that I work nights and weekends and the most enjoyable part is when I am able to help customers to solve their car troubles at the least expense.It is very rewarding.
Stressful driving experiance
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 8, 2016
Every drop off was timed. I would drive out of Fresno several times and had to be back by a certain time. that wasn't including traffic, accidents or construction. Balancing two job was easy but it wasn't worth putting my life on the line because there was so many crazy drivers on the road. Also I was be driving out in the country when the sun went down with no road side assistance available.
Pros
No customer or cash handling
Cons
Driving at night in areas I wasn't familiar with.
Customer Service Satisfaction (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 8, 2016
Working for a large base company like AutoZone was great. I leaned so much about different car parts and also learned how to take better care of my own vehicle. My co-workers always were team players when we had to get the job done. The hardest part about my job as a customer service advocate was not being to help everyone, I would love to see all my customers walking out happy. The most enjoyable part of my job was satisfying my customers.
Pros
Discounts on car parts
Cons
Not enough hours
fast paced
Parts & Sales Manager/Interim Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 13, 2016
Opened store, stocked merchandise, helped customers with their automotive needs. I enjoyed the individuals I worked with. Management was great and if any questions or problems occurred they did their best to accommodate me. The hardest part of the job was having customers go to the competition if we did not have what they needed.
Pros
Employee Discounts on auto parts
Cons
Having to work extra shifts due to call outs.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate/Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHAugust 30, 2016
Your co workers are very friendly and will help with patience. There is a lot to learn about cars and driving safety as well as sales and how to become a good sales associate. Lots of fun making deliveries for car repair companies. Management will work with you as far as your scheduled hours go. Just a fun and great place to work overall. I would most definitely go back if I could.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Point system
All around disliked the company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Selden, NY 11784July 30, 2016
A typical day at worked is helping customer answer questions as well as any and all other needs for car parts, fluids, bulbs, ect. I learned how to give great customer service. Management was unfriendly and rude. My co-workers were amazing individuals that i learned everything from. Management was no help. The hardest part about this job was dealing with my manager. The most enjoyable was helping customers and working with amazing co-works.
Pros
Amazing co-workers and learning great customer service from them.
Cons
Horrible Management and not enough hours as well as room for advancement.
Busy and fast paced enviroment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLSeptember 11, 2016
busy and fast paced environment with lots of customer service and many task to be done in short periods of time. returns, sales, delegating, assigning task, daily paper work, attendance, planograms, inventory management. Making sure everything runs smoothly. Best part is when all employees work as a team.
Pros
can move up with the company easily if dedicated.
Cons
Autozone do not practice their culture and diversity.
Fast paced and energetic
Parts Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 27, 2016
A typical day included running back stock, helping a multitude of customers find parts and solutions for their automotive problems.
Management staff was easy to work with and helped to solve any issues as they happened.
The hardest part of the job was helping with customer complaints even if we did not necessarily cause the issue.
the most enjoyable part of the job was confirming that the part you picked or solution you offered did indeed fix the customers problem.
Good Balance of Work and Play
Customer Satisfaction Representative (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHJuly 28, 2016
Despite the fact that our Autozone is the slowest in the district, we still get a slew of regulars popping in to say hi almost every day. There's always something to do around the store, and our team is great with getting things done ASAP, so that we don't have to worry about tasks sitting unfinished.

This job presented a real challenge to me! I'm not the most automotively adept person, but I still rose to the occasion.
Poor Place to work and not employee savvy
Parts Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 24, 2016
I was promised a Parts Sales Manager job, right I was suppose to supervise the red shirts, my first day was stocking parts, not training as a parts manager, right from the start I was mislead, management stinks, they are always on vacation, the other gray shirts boss the new gray shirts around, no communication, none of this job has been enjoyable. Bad Bad place to work, too stressful. I have been here 1 month and was thrown to the wolves to close the store with no training to be signed off first.
Pros
20% off parts although I never received my card
Cons
stressful, dirty employees, snobbish management
Fun Productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 9, 2016
Honestly it depends on you. I have worked at different stores and you have to be an open minded person with patience because your dealing with everyday people who do not know anything about vehicles or the basic functions. Other than that if you have an interest in automotive and your people person this is the place for you.
Pros
Great work environment room to grow
Cons
The pay is not fair, customers are crazy
Very pushy about sales
Part Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 22, 2016
I worked for autozone for almost two years and was a part sales manager. If you aren't constantly trying to sell folks stuff they really don't need you get a talking to. Hours are based on stores sales....at least that's what they tell you. The store I was at hired three new people all while cutting me to 5 hours a week...claiming it was sales not the three new people we didn't need getting those hours....just alot of two faced behavior from upper managment.
I love what I do but the company is holding me back
Commercial sales specialist (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJuly 20, 2016
Pull all item for corresponding invoices while answering incoming calls from my commercial accounts. Communicate with team on most effective routes and delegate which employee takes which said route. Deliver orders when needed and always check with my accounts on what is going good and bad for them personally and with my team. I also held outside buys, account payable, and general cash handling. The hardest part of my job is running down parts that are supposed to be in inventory. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with my accounts face to face and via phone.
Pros
I do what I love
Cons
Neglect
Individually working hard, decent reviews little advancement.
Parts Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIJuly 28, 2016
Productive, and putting a lot of emphasis on seemingly only
profitability figures and could pay some more attention to employee discontent.
A typical day at work involves working with a part time
newly hired employee, learning a lot though as a result of daily updates of new parts and practices, doing both customer service and
management duties, with not all store employees putting up similar
efforts.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with problem
employees who know how to work the system.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping and receiving thanks from a satisfied customer.
Pros
Health, Dental, Eye and 401k benifits
Cons
Working short handed, no benefits for part time employees.
Productive, fun sports bar
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNJuly 17, 2016
Fast paced restaurant, super awesome team and outstanding management. I was lucky to be able to be apart of the team there, it was fast paced and easy to learn and grab on to right away. I didn't have a hard or bad day because in the end i always wanted to be there and everything about the environment was fun. I had so many cool, life changing experiences.
Pros
cheap food, easy shifts, awesome team and management
Cons
no breaks
Intense customer based demand driven organization
Parts Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDAugust 24, 2016
Days at work are long and arduous. I learned that a large percentage of consumers do not know much about automotives.
Most customer interactions require a great deal of deduction in order to satisfy. Co-workers are usually under similar durres of problems with job/work balance. The most difficult part of the job was language barriers and lack of diagnosis.