Autumn Leaves Assisted Living Employee Reviews

An interesting place to work
Facilities Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GANovember 17, 2017
This is a "top shelf" place to work! The building and grounds are immaculate. The mgmt. staff and the c.n.a.s are great to work with.
They put their heart into caring for their residents!
Pros
Wonderful mgmt. free meals
Cons
n/a
Good management and friendly co-workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILNovember 13, 2017
I worked nights so we did rounds every two hours depending on the residents because of call lights. I learned how to work well as a contributing team member, also I learned what it takes to work with residents with Alzheimer and Dementia.The management was friendly especially the night shift nurse I worked with. The work place culture was calm and fun. Every night every night was different which made the job more interesting. I think the hardest part of the job was to take care of someone and showing compassion to someone knowing the outcome of their disease. Taking care of someone knowing I was making their life better.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Poor job advancement
Horribly run company!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 4, 2017
Such a pity that families pay so much to entrust their loved ones to this particular community. They put on the charm during tours, hide the difficult residents and promise great service! The ED is hardly ever there, comes in late leaves early or takes long lunches and gets loud and boisterous when upset! It's difficult to get 1 on 1 time with her to discuss issues. Office politics run ramped through the company! Care staff are lazy, have no experience and can care less about the residents! Residents are often seen unkept, lack of dental hygiene and grooming. Food is given in such small portions and just enough to feed the residents. Manager is just wanting to scrimp to save money or stay within budget. So God forbid someone ask for an alternate because it isn't provided even though that is one of their marketing ploys! Budgets are tight and company equipment is outdated. It's a revolving door with floor staff. Scraping the bottom of the employment pool!
Pros
Love the residents and families
Cons
Management, lack of support, low moral, fake promises to families. It's not what you know but who you know to keep your job!!
The place as a whole is very lacks organization
CMA/ Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAOctober 30, 2017
A typical day begins and end stressful
I learned the hard way that this place is the worst place to call a job
Management is very very very unprofessional and lazy
The work culture is all messed up the employees have attitudes they treat the residents with little respect the don't understand the meaning of being a team.
The hardest thing about the job is the communication with the staff and management.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the resident I enjoy assisting them.
Pros
Its a fun job you will enjoy some of the Residents
Cons
No full time hours unorganized Mangement and Co-workers
Its ok
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2017
I been there two years and I enjoy the residents. Its a very comfortable place to work. The residents are the reason I enjoy my job. I love meeting new people
Very Chaotic
Lead Med Tech/DHC Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXAugust 9, 2017
Management especially the Director is awful, constantly threatens your job, or chooses what he thinks is right whether it is right or wrong. The atmosphere is very stressful and tense not only for staff but residents well.
horrible
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 28, 2017
Got called a n!gger repeatedly I hated it. Their staff was all family, did whatever they wanted and it was sad. Unprofessional and very sloppy work ethics. And they were abusing the older people.
Cons
short breaks
If you want to feel appreciated, do not work here.
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXMay 15, 2017
Management sits in a huddle and gossips about employees. No place for advancement. Executive director is two-faced. They act like they care about staff but do not care. Under staffed, overpopulated and under paid.
Cons
Poor management across the board
Don't work here
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILApril 30, 2017
Even though the facility is very nice as well as the residents, this was honestly the worst job I have ever had. After a year and a half I only received a 33 cent raise and I was training people who made more money than I did. Management is horrible. They let certain caregivers run the show and follow suit. Caregivers were rude and would not be disciplined. The turnover rate is horrible. The pay is even worse for all of the work you do. They will even schedule shifts to be short staffed to save company money. Not to mention it is not real assisted living. They show higher functioning residents during interviews but will not show lower functioning and more dependent residents. This whole place is seriously a joke. So if you want to work in a place were the bosses don't care and your fellow caregivers can boss you around, then apply. But I can almost assure you will regret it.
Pros
The residents are wonderful
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, rude caregivers and staff
Productive environment
Diatary Aide (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2017
Everyday was a hot coming to work, seeing smiling faces and working in a healthy environment made the job more relaxing. The management team were always accounted for in a positive way.
Pros
Friendly workplace
Cons
No objection
i loved my residents but hated the managament
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILApril 26, 2017
the place smelled horrible, the management was so horrible they didnt care about anyone or anything but themselves and making money. i loved my residents and that is the only reason why i stayed for as long a i did.
Pros
residents
Cons
managament
Run Fast
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 24, 2017
High turn over rate . Management lies to you . When you have problems they baby it and not slove it. Just keep hiring new people. The caregiver I worked where nice they said they need to stop chasing people away. I could handle a month of it .
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Poor work life balance all about the dollar
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Chicagoland, ILApril 13, 2017
Company cares about the dollar and not the people. Does not support the team of employees in the community. Corporate does not value the people. They had mass lay offs and the reason provided by the founder was so they could have a Christmas party!
Pros
The residents and team at the community care
Cons
No balance, corporate doesn't care.
Seriously no appreciation
Manager (Current Employee) –  SE GeorgiaApril 13, 2017
I am a manager at Autumn Leaves and I would have to say this is probably one of the most poor run companies that I have ever worked for. No manager is ever supported and although you are expected to work an 8 hour day, typical days are 10-12 hours. If you decide to take off for those hours previously worked, it is frowned upon and if you are not with the "in crowd", consider yourself at risk for ostracizing.
I cannot believe the petty day-to-day expectations and the people that they hire to actually "manage" the managers. It is a joke because not only do they hire their friends, they put them in positions that they are not qualified for and make you believe they are "experts".
Please do not consider this company for serious long term employment, they only serve as a small stepping stone to something better.
Move on and find something more important to do with your life.
Pros
YOU are paid at the end of two weeks.
Cons
The residents and employees in the community
It would be a great place to work if it was under different management
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Clear Lake City, TXApril 10, 2017
The director of nursing is very rude and disrespectful does not know how to talk to the employees or respect them as they should be respected and they don't want employees there that are hard workers what they want is employees that go back and give them all the gossip
Superficial beauty
Former Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILApril 4, 2017
This place is beautiful on the outside and inside. Once you walked in, you can't help but notice the details they put into this place. However, that's the only thing good about it. No structure, not well trained staff, not enough staff! CNAS are not certified. They said it's assisted living, but more like a nursing home. Residents are combative, falling and not monitored. Staff will hide instead of working. They need an overhaul. This place is not safe. Please fix the problems.
Pros
Building
Cons
Quite Honestly, I would never put a family member in here
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 3, 2017
The opening Executive Director just quit and he was the only positive thing going for this place.

Now we are left to work with a bunch of egotistical, juvenile, finger pointing managers that act like a bunch of angry teenagers towards one another.

And the nurse....how is it possible to be so lazy and dishonest and NOT get fired?

If you like chaos, drama and disorganization, then this is the right place for you.
Pros
The Residents are awesome
Cons
The only manager with a vision and a brain is now gone. The place is imploding.
Very controling enviroment
Directot of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXMarch 21, 2017
They had too many managers trying to rule the roost. The company placed the ED over nurses at the community and the DON over the meds and overseeing but no authority. Marketing wasn't allowed to leave the building to go market.
Pros
I love ALZ patients
Cons
didn't follow thru
Do not apply
ACMA (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 21, 2017
If I could've made this with zero stars, that is what I would've picked! Horrible place! Disgusting RN AND Director! Amazing to look at, but the devil wears Prada, remember that!
Pros
Zero
Cons
To many such little space!
look can be deceiving
Resident Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMarch 19, 2017
Honestly if you work here the residents families are very nice , the residents are as well. No one was combative. my only complaint was the CNAs the literally ran the building.
Pros
ignore the CNAs
Cons
ignore the CNAs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autumn Leaves Assisted Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5