Avadyne Health Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IA 50322December 8, 2017
You will have some managers watch your every move while others are allowed to do whatever they would like.
It's something you have to watch what you do every minute. You will have other managers sit and watch your activity when they themselves don't do theirs.
Horrible management team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 2, 2017
Hated the job, hated upper management. Team leads were amazing, friendly and smart. Upper management was uncaring, unsupportive and uninvolved. Upper management does not support its employees and they do not care for its employees but simply making money and keeping clients happy. So impersonal.
Pros
Relaxing, easy work, informationial
Cons
Management, and company values
awesome place to work and people to work for
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 29, 2017
avadyne was an amazing job filled with amazing people, i just was not in a good personal place with my family at that time and although i did do well for them was unable to give them 100% focus when i was there, would love to return
Pros
all pros
Cons
no cons
Nice benefits
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IANovember 22, 2017
Had to have a certain amount of claims done on a daily basis. some days you had to call insurance companies, Some insurance companies had very, very, long wait times.
Pros
Always had someone to assist you when needed.
Great company
Report Recon Specialist, Auditor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 3, 2017
This company is great to work for. I had no experience in a call center before accepting this job. Not at all what I expected. Reason I am leaving is that my current position was eliminated.
Managers and training staff are amazing
Insurance specialist (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAAugust 1, 2017
Loved working with managers and training staff as they were very informative and if they didn't have the answer then they would find the answer for me. I loved the skills they gave me to be able to move up in my field.
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJune 15, 2017
Great job and pay. Benefits aren't great. Hours are good.
The employees tend to be very cliquey. Management is decent at granting time off and understanding personal crisis.
Benefits
Good Company
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAApril 12, 2017
It was a good place to work at and everyone I worked with was very nice. I wish I didn't have to quite but my daycare was allways calling me to come get my kid form being sick
Nice
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Billings MtApril 5, 2017
The hours and fellow emoloyee's are good,but turnover rate very high no future to move up in the company,the hourly pay us way to low for the type of work.
Pros
The people who work there
Cons
The pay, no incentives to move up
Amazing company to work for!
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 28, 2017
I have been with this company for 5+ years! I have advanced to a new position and I have had no problem working here! Coworkers are the best, management is always listening to help improve any issues at the job. I couldn't ask for a better place to work!
Pros
Great working environment, Pto, caring management
Cons
Speaking to angry patients
Supervisors are looking for reasons to not get you the raise you deserve
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJanuary 14, 2017
Most everyone works very hard and does their best to help the patient understand their billing. Rules and procedures change on a daily basis. It's impossible to remember all and you don't have enough places to keep all the notes handy. When you do make a mistake, you're not treated as a human, you are chastised and when it comes time for a raise, they always have a way to cut you down, no matter how good your customer service skills are and how hard you work. Very few get their raises deserved.....no an encouraging environment at all. Many drop out after (even before) the first week of training. It's very intense work.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
everchanging policy and negative environment----no raises
Micro-management of employees runs rampant
Patient Service Representative- Team Lead MT Team (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTOctober 29, 2016
This varied depending upon the day. I was either providing quality assurance, reviewing calls, training new hires, updating manuals, policies, procedures, etc.
Good Starter Job
INSURANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJune 21, 2016
This is third party payor resource company. They have many hospitals and clinics they help over see for follow-up with claims. It would be a great starter job for someone looking to get into insurance claims. Management is very much about their life long employee and not so much for the newer employees. Lot's of turn-over. No real room for growth.
flexable work hours
Debt Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  cedar rapids, iowaSeptember 22, 2015
flexible hours, manageable workload. They give you the impression that you are in 100% control of managing your accounts, but you are micromanaged quite a bit. There are no standard operating procedures, so one employee would be less micromanaged than another employee. No room for advancement or job opportunities.
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJune 23, 2015
A typical day at Avadyne Health would include reviewing and expediting insurance claims and insurance accounts, tracking the productivity, and following up with action items. I learned more about medical coding while working at Avadyne than I had already had knowledge of. The hardest part of the job would have been figuring out the denial reasons for the insurance claims and finding a way to code the claim differently to make it payable. The most enjoyable part of the job would have been interacting with my co-workers.
Not a place to make a career out of.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJune 16, 2015
The typical work day in monotonous and mentally draining knowing there is little to know room for advancement which ties into being the hardest aspects of the job. The Team Leads are nice but the office manager is a tyrant and makes office morale almost non-existent. Having good co-workers are the most enjoyable part of the job. What I learned is to keep your head up and to not get down about your current job situation and understand that some jobs are just stepping stones to your dream job.
Pros
earn 3 hours pto per pay period
Cons
no sick days, no vacation days, expensive healthcare, office manager, little to no room for growth
Overall, this is not a company that offers career advancement and longevity.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 2, 2014
A typical day at work was very fast-paced with high expectations for completion of tasks. Many friendships were formed with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was completing duties with little advance notification. Everything was completed in a reactionary mode. It was also difficult to work and give 100% every day to an employer who does not appreciate the staff or the work and projects that were completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff and giving them the tools to succeed. There did not seem to be much mentoring from the senior management team either.
Pros
Casual dress code, great co-workers
Cons
Seniority does not matter, poor communication from upper management
Dealing with the complaining public is never easy.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMay 19, 2014
I loved the small office atmosphere. Fellow employees are willing to help. If you can handle telling sick, poor people--even if their spouse just died, that their bill is getting ready to leave the office for "further review" (collection), so they need to set up a payment plan---then you'll be fine. I started off at 11.25/hr, and six months later I quit at 11.50/hr. Advancement is possible, and likely. Overall great place to work!
Pros
Relatively relaxed atmostphere
Cons
Dealing with the ailing public
Be prepared to call irate customers every day!
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 11, 2014
This job is ok as long as you can deal with calling angry patients who want to argue about their bill. Management was ok, but seemed annoyed whenever you needed help on a call. You end up making about 100 calls a day, both inbound and outbound, and should be prepared to deal with grumpy people. Co-workers were great people. Not a job for people who cannot take criticism easily.
Pros
Working Monday-Friday with weekends off
Cons
Very irate customers on a daily basis
A fun interesting Company taking baby steps
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2013
Typical day at work is a dedication to replicating and solving bugs, and I learnt XML pretty quick out there. I learnt troubleshooting and debugging by using Putty and Tomcat, and JavaScript. Co-workers are really great team workers. The hardest part of the job is when work is done and I have to wait until a bug is given to me and that waiting period is such a painful boredom. I like to keep and stay busy, and the most enjoyable part of my job, was the excitement I get when starting on a new bug reported to my attention. Most of the times, I receive bugs that have been left behind since they were called boring and hard, but I love those bugs because it just makes me learn more each time I tackle a bug or a reported issue. The reason I was laid off from that Company was that it was losing clients, leading to the loss of finances.
Pros
Free soda, free water, free snacks, free office supplies, free tissue
Cons
Benefit, Pay was not great, bonus was not paid as often as promised

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avadyne Health. Our community is ready to answer.