Avadyne Health Employee Reviews

Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJune 23, 2015
A typical day at Avadyne Health would include reviewing and expediting insurance claims and insurance accounts, tracking the productivity, and following up with action items. I learned more about medical coding while working at Avadyne than I had already had knowledge of. The hardest part of the job would have been figuring out the denial reasons for the insurance claims and finding a way to code the claim differently to make it payable. The most enjoyable part of the job would have been interacting with my co-workers.
Not a place to make a career out of.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJune 16, 2015
The typical work day in monotonous and mentally draining knowing there is little to know room for advancement which ties into being the hardest aspects of the job. The Team Leads are nice but the office manager is a tyrant and makes office morale almost non-existent. Having good co-workers are the most enjoyable part of the job. What I learned is to keep your head up and to not get down about your current job situation and understand that some jobs are just stepping stones to your dream job.
Pros
earn 3 hours pto per pay period
Cons
no sick days, no vacation days, expensive healthcare, office manager, little to no room for growth
Overall, this is not a company that offers career advancement and longevity.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 2, 2014
A typical day at work was very fast-paced with high expectations for completion of tasks. Many friendships were formed with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was completing duties with little advance notification. Everything was completed in a reactionary mode. It was also difficult to work and give 100% every day to an employer who does not appreciate the staff or the work and projects that were completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff and giving them the tools to succeed. There did not seem to be much mentoring from the senior management team either.
Pros
casual dress code, great co-workers
Cons
seniority does not matter, poor communication from upper management
Dealing with the complaining public is never easy.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMay 19, 2014
I loved the small office atmosphere. Fellow employees are willing to help. If you can handle telling sick, poor people--even if their spouse just died, that their bill is getting ready to leave the office for "further review" (collection), so they need to set up a payment plan---then you'll be fine. I started off at 11.25/hr, and six months later I quit at 11.50/hr. Advancement is possible, and likely. Overall great place to work!
Pros
relatively relaxed atmostphere
Cons
dealing with the ailing public
Be prepared to call irate customers every day!
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 11, 2014
This job is ok as long as you can deal with calling angry patients who want to argue about their bill. Management was ok, but seemed annoyed whenever you needed help on a call. You end up making about 100 calls a day, both inbound and outbound, and should be prepared to deal with grumpy people. Co-workers were great people. Not a job for people who cannot take criticism easily.
Pros
working monday-friday with weekends off
Cons
very irate customers on a daily basis
A fun interesting Company taking baby steps
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2013
Typical day at work is a dedication to replicating and solving bugs, and I learnt XML pretty quick out there. I learnt troubleshooting and debugging by using Putty and Tomcat, and JavaScript. Co-workers are really great team workers. The hardest part of the job is when work is done and I have to wait until a bug is given to me and that waiting period is such a painful boredom. I like to keep and stay busy, and the most enjoyable part of my job, was the excitement I get when starting on a new bug reported to my attention. Most of the times, I receive bugs that have been left behind since they were called boring and hard, but I love those bugs because it just makes me learn more each time I tackle a bug or a reported issue. The reason I was laid off from that Company was that it was losing clients, leading to the loss of finances.
Pros
free soda, free water, free snacks, free office supplies, free tissue
Cons
benefit, pay was not great, bonus was not paid as often as promised
Great place to work with friendly co-workers and management.
Senior Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 4, 2013
My day starts with running a tally of how many accounts are in each report that I work. These reports catch all employee errors which I am responsible for follow-up on. I communicate via telephone and email with staff at the hospitals we do billing for, and do any follow-up that needs done. I am a supervisor, so I am very familiar with handling escalated phone calls.
I work with great people who sincerely care about each other - we are very much like family. The management greet you each day with a smile and have an open door policy. They will talk with you about any work issues as well as what funny thing your dog did last night.
The hardest part of the job for me is not seeing staff each day - I work from home. The most enjoyable is knowing that I have accomplished what I set out to do that morning.
Pros
work at home opportunity for qualified staff
Cons
calling patients at home which can lead to irate patients.
People are wonderful
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Olathe KSMarch 30, 2013
The people are great and so nice to work with. The managment sometimes acts like your to much of a bother to help when you have questions. Its a call center so if you like talking on the phone great place to work.
Medical billing; growing environment; lots of changes.
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 21, 2013
I follow up on Medical Billing claims, sometimes rebill claims or send to the next insurance or set to bill patient for balance. Updating Insurance information and patient demographics. Phone calls to insurance companies on where the payment was applied or why not paid.
Pros
relaxed casual dress
Cons
equality and being able to keep up with all the changes, some contracts have been lost. not sure how many of us will be needed in the near future.
Laid Back Fun Place To Work
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 19, 2012
Learned Billing through the hospital systems.
Co Workers and Management are Laid Back and easy to work with
Pros
overtime and make up time for appts
Cons
benefits are not good.

2.9