Avago Technologies Employee Reviews

Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 28, 2017
Great place to work with great benefits and people. Management was fair and always there to help. Work life balance is good. The job is rewarding and fast paced. Helps the day go by quicker. Lot of opportunity.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long days
Remote Employee - Wore a lot of hats.
Customer Acct Specialist (Inside Sales Rep) (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, MDOctober 17, 2017
Avago was an ok place to work. Benefits were good. I was a remote employee, working for a San Jose, CA based company. I was the top Inside Sales Person on my team. I had an excellent relationship with my team, customers and factory employees. I have always been involved with distribution in some way. Most recently working on an ERP system - Model N. Model N tracks business from the initial quoting stage, through product delivery. I also had a territory in which I was responsible for quoting distributors. I had an excellent relationship with my boss, and was the "go to" for any information relating to the team, or any statistical information from Model N. Being remote, I was left on my own to carryout my daily responsibilities, and trusted because of my high work ethic. I really enjoyed this job, and often volunteered for extra tasks.
Pros
working remote from home office
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table.
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 21, 2017
Day to day, my job involved design meetings, work at my desk processing new test vectors for device compliance, work at test center evaluating prototypes using ATE equipment,
testing the prototype to failure, working with manufacturing to overcome high volume production issues encountered.
Bad culture, bad management
Corporate Account Manager/Channel Sales (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 7, 2017
I would rather not write a review about this company as I have nothing good to say based on my personal experience. Executive Management and my direct manager at the time were very unethical people.
great company
Clean Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 10, 2017
I worked for a short time. you need to be on your game there, alot of money going in there and if you mess up anything they will lose it. my hours was 6am-to 6pm. three days one, three days off, then four days on, four days off. learned alot about sim card chips and how they are made.
Pros
hours
Cons
clean room
good technical challenges
Staff Verification Engineer (Former Employee) –  san jose caJuly 6, 2017
Good opportunity to grow. Interesting work. Continued technical challenges allow for personal growth, though work can be demanding at times. I was allowed to learn PCIe protocol with no prior knowledge and contribute. Most enjoyable : interesting/challenging work. Biggest challenge: high level of demand.
Pros
good opportunities
Cons
too much work
Long hours, unappreciative management.
operator (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJuly 5, 2017
24/7 coverage work schedule with 12hr days. The work weeks are rough, but you are paid fairly well for it. Not much time for life outside of the factory. Work culture does not include positive reinforcement. There is opportunity to move from job to job; not all are the same. However, there is no room for any real advancement.
To much drama, not enough production.
Expert operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 25, 2017
Great benefits..To much drama..Socially uncomfortable work place.
Too "DIVERSE work crew." Seemed the workplace was to focused on employee diversity, and not as focused on hard working individuals.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Terrible social environment
a rewarding workplace for intellectual types
Manufacturing operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 10, 2017
Very rewarding workplace for those who enjoy a technical and intellectual work environment.
Long lunches, decent pay, and decent benefits.
Very fast paced and 12 hour work days
Pros
long, paid lunches. short work week (3-4 days)
Cons
demanding and stressful. busy some days, nothing to do other days
Enjoyed working there, great challenges but every one help raise the boat and complete the work.
R&D Firmware Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 8, 2017
I have nothing to say here. Everyone was nice but there was a good ole boy group in the area where I worked. If you were not already here when the manager started work you needed to be buddy buddy with him to keep your job. Effort on issues seemed to count for nothing.
Fabrication
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 6, 2017
Standard clean room operator job, one process in a long assembly line. Super fun people and not a mean face in the whole building. Great job to have. .
not applicable
R&D Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORApril 25, 2017
This location of the job I had does not exist and therefore reviewing it is un-necessary and useless. So I am trying to hit my 150 character limit to move on with this process
A Wall Street outlet
Systems Architect (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 21, 2017
Essentially, the purpose for this company is only to serve the short-term interests of its big shareholders. It has no long-term innovation strategy, and it is growing the margins by acquiring profitable businesses and squeezing them out, laying off the employees. But compensations are really good. If you are lucky, enjoy while running the wave.
Pros
Compensations
Cons
Layoff culture
The company is constantly being sold
Accounts Receivable Collections/ Credit Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 13, 2017
The people were positive to work with and it has a good cafeteria. However, with volatility of the industry, there are often buy outs and therefore shake ups in management.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Very large building with many employees so parking is an issue.
Satisfactory
Hardware & Software Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 12, 2017
You work that you may keep pace with
the earth and the soul of the earth.
For to be idle is to become a stranger unto the seasons,
and to step out of life's procession, that marches in majesty
and proud submission towards the infinite.

When you work you are a flute through
whose heart the whispering of the hours
turns to music.
Which of you would be a reed, dumb and silent,
When all else sings together in unison?

Always you have been told that work is
a curse and labor a misfortune.
But I say to you that when you work you fulfil
a part of earth's furthest dream, assigned to you
when the dream was born,
And in keeping yourself with labor you
are in truth loving life,
And to love life's labor is to be intimate
with life's innermost secret.
short term view
anon (Former Employee) –  Nowhere, OKMarch 16, 2017
Focus is on making quarterly numbers. Not looking long term. Company is finance driven and spends most of its efforts on M&A. R&D are secondary. Heavily dependent on iphone sales.
Enjoying helping people, like to be busy
HR Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 15, 2017
Answer voice mails, emails, data entry. tuition processing of reimbursements, Worked with 5 Inboxes, Hardest about my job, short handed, enjoyable working with employees. Culture changed with the change in company.
Pros
working 8-5 staying busy, knowing my job
Cons
short handed
Experience
Front End Administrative Support Tier III (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJanuary 23, 2017
Working for Avago was not a terrible thing. I loved the 12 hour shifts rotating. I did not like all the merges and watching people become laid off time and time again. That is what encouraged me to move forward and on to another career.
Another high-tech firm
ASIC ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 22, 2016
Basically like most high-tech firms. Compensation/benefits are comparable to the rest of the industry. Bottom line is the dollar. Once it is decided that bottom line is shrinking, people are discarded.
safe and fun working
Aerotek Contractor (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PANovember 20, 2016
Great co-workers. Safe and fun work environment. Flexible. Ability to use my skill set to get the job done. Management is flexible and understanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avago Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9