Avago Technologies Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging but rewarding workplace
Staff Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 19, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Avago Technologies. The work was challenging but also very rewarding. My co-workers were very intelligent and highly motivated individuals who were always willing to help each other out. The hardest part of the job was enduring the many lay-offs that are inevitable when companies merge.
Process Engineering ran company
Maintenance Technician in the CVD area (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 24, 2016
If you are a maintenance tech......Stay away. Company is ran by process engineers. Everything and everything is blamed on equipment maintenance techs.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 13, 2016
Great environment and great pay. great days off. 12 hour shifts weren't too bad, everyone was nice. couldn't have loved it more. Too bad I blew it.
Growing company, could use better treatment of employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 8, 2016
It is an uphill battle to get deserved increases for employees. Company still uses outdated 'Comp/Ratio' method to justify minimal or no increases. It is hard to improve moral as a manager of hourly employees. Salary are expected to work around the clock, no true 'days off' or vacation days. Even on vacation the salary employees are encouraged or required to log on to check email, answer phone calls, etc.
Pros
Decent stock options/ stock price. Decent APB payout
Cons
Insurance is not very good anymore, hard to justify pay increases for hourly
difficult place to work
planning (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 8, 2016
My company was purchased by Avago so I didn't choose to work there. The environment was very stressful. We were expected to be available 24/7. There was no work life balance. They did pay well with bonuses, but it didn't really make up for the hours you had to put in. I would rather earn less and have time to have a life. Most of us worked during our vacation since our backups didn't have the bandwidth to actually cover for us. There were really good people in my group. They were very dedicated given how badly they were treated by upper management. the systems they use are very manual and antiquated. You spend a lot of time on tasked that other companies have automated.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
No work life balance. He feel like you have to be available 24/7
busy work place
principal engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 7, 2015
depending on the local group you end up in, your experience varies a lot. Hit or miss, in other words. Smart co-workers, many with years of experience in this industry niche.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
asian work culture dominates more and more pushing out the old HP culture
It is a good place to work,
Staff Failure Analysis Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 30, 2015
I worked for Avago Technologies for just a year after it bought my LSI Inc. so I do not have sufficient knowledge to post a review.
My coworkers are very nice.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PANovember 22, 2015
My job is very enjoyable, but I am not sure how long it will be around. I enjoy my coworkers, boss, and engineer. We work 12hr days and we do not have enough work for the whole time. I like to keep busy and if I have work the day goes a lot faster.
Pros
Free wifi
Cons
12hr day
productive and fun place to work with ping pong table and also did yoga on break.
CHIP FABRICATION OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PANovember 3, 2015
Come into work usually half hour early to put lunch away n maybe finish breakfast. punch in at 6:00 p.m. and then get pass down from crew working. I proceed to find what job I have for the night night then begin. The supervisor would come in to check to see if we needed anything for the night or any other pass down from management then tell crew if he is needed where to contact him.take breaks at scheduled times. Before night is finished we restock any supplies used and get ready to pass down to next crew. Management is there when required. Co-workers are always willing to help one another to get the job completed Hardest part of job is a lot of temporary positions so some people may not take job serious so others have to pick up the slack. The most enjoyable part of job is working on parts that go into phones that we use in everyday life.
Pros
yoga on break
Cons
only a contract job
Great Place to work
Research & Development Technician (Former Employee) –  campbellOctober 20, 2015
Great small family business that has been around for many years. The owners really like to take care of you and are interested in making sure you succed
Challenging environment. Supportive Management
Senior Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 1, 2015
Transition from Emulex to Avago left the Costa Mesa division with a skeleton crew. I am privileged be part of the Emulex transition team and pass my skills to my colleagues who will remain aboard.
Pros
Free coffee.
Cons
Hard cuts throughout the company over the last 6 years.
productive & fun place to work with ping pong table
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  PAAugust 29, 2015
looking through a microscope for 10 hours daily. Not having to have close supervision during the work day provides some freedom & getting paid for an hour lunch & two half hour breaks. Very relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
work 10 hours & get paid for 12, not being baby sat
Cons
long hours - 12 hour shifts 24/7, having to wear all types of gowning
Was a great place to work
Storage Administrator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 30, 2015
Worked for Agere, LSI, and then Avago.
Great place to work - I was a NAS/backup administrator 10 years ago, and now I am a Storage Administrator - As I added SAN to my list of skills. Quite a challenge to administer and be on-call for both R&D and Production storage/backup environments.
Storage platforms were constantly changing - as the name of the company changed - so that means that I was able to stay current with the latest platforms.

Loved my manager, and co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was working for Avago - they are very streamlined - which means very little time to get the job done right - so if you are not efficient - don't try to work here.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
No working from home
Good job with good benefits
Production and NPI Planner / Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 29, 2015
This is a good place to work. Friendly and helpful employees. Benefits are okay. When the company is doing well the bonuses are good.
Good wages
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAMay 28, 2015
Business is good currently, wages are good with good bonuses, Benefits are very good. The hardest part of the job is job security.
Pros
Good Wages
Cons
No job security
Great people to work with
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 19, 2015
Work with dedicated and hard working employees that wanted to make a difference for the company. Goal driven teams that worked together to complete difficult tasks on time an on budget.
Pros
work with dedicated employees
Cons
Change of work culture
Stock doing well
Engineer (Current Employee) –  AnywhereApril 23, 2015
Company is doing really well but very little opportunity for advancement and margins are very tight - so don't expect any perks.
Pros
Good stock value, work/life balance
Cons
No perks, no money spent on anything except selling product
Old school management focused on the bottom line
Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 19, 2015
If you like the idea of a tech company that tracks whether you badge in and what websites you visit even on your home network, this might be for you.

Very cost/bottom line focused, currently making good money of cell phone business. Could get very nasty if that business drops off.
Highly competitive stressful work environment
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day is to arrive and ready to work and keep the competitive edge going. One would either need to lead, follow, or get out of the way. Management has clear hierarchy and communication is top down. The hardest part of the job is interacting with others as the competition is high, sharing of information or techniques are kept within a group or individual to keep their competitive edge. The most enjoyable part of the job is the end of the day.
Pros
bonus
Cons
salary
Doing good business but many employees not happy
Verification Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Not the ideal company you would like to work for especially if you are coming from a smaller company