Avago Technologies

Avago Technologies Employee Reviews

Another high-tech firm
ASIC ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 22, 2016
Basically like most high-tech firms. Compensation/benefits are comparable to the rest of the industry. Bottom line is the dollar. Once it is decided that bottom line is shrinking, people are discarded.
safe and fun working
Aerotek Contractor (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PANovember 20, 2016
Great co-workers. Safe and fun work environment. Flexible. Ability to use my skill set to get the job done. Management is flexible and understanding.
All work and no play
Reactor Operator (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAAugust 31, 2016
A company full of great people. However, the company has gone to a 12 hour shift, 7 day coverage work schedule. This leaves little time for life outside of work. No matter the shift, employees will be working either Saturdays or Sundays, and working holidays is required as well.
Really great place to work.
Cleanroom Technician (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PA 18031August 29, 2016
Great place to work if you can handle 12 hour days. However I got wind that my department was moving overseas to Malaysia. I found a new job with perfect timing. 2 months after I left, they got rid of all but 3 people in my department.
Pros
Paid lunch and breaks, awesome cafeteria, pingpong and fooseball tables in the lunchroom.
Cons
Outsourced all jobs to Malaysia.
fast
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Ft. CollinsAugust 26, 2016
Fast paced work days make for a quick 12 hour shift. I was never bored there was always plenty of things to do. I got regular raises and I realy enjoyed working there.
Learn a lot from this work environment.
IC Mask Designer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 15, 2016
Company pay rate for entry level contractor is very low in the Silicon Valley but I did learn a lot form this work environment.
Enjoyable place to work.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 27, 2016
Avago was a laid back and enjoyable place to work. The employees were easy to get along with. I would encourage others to work there.
Challenging but rewarding workplace
Staff Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 19, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Avago Technologies. The work was challenging but also very rewarding. My co-workers were very intelligent and highly motivated individuals who were always willing to help each other out. The hardest part of the job was enduring the many lay-offs that are inevitable when companies merge.
Process Engineering ran company
Maintenance Technician in the CVD area (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 24, 2016
If you are a maintenance tech......Stay away. Company is ran by process engineers. Everything and everything is blamed on equipment maintenance techs.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 13, 2016
Great environment and great pay. great days off. 12 hour shifts weren't too bad, everyone was nice. couldn't have loved it more. Too bad I blew it.
Growing company, could use better treatment of employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 8, 2016
It is an uphill battle to get deserved increases for employees. Company still uses outdated 'Comp/Ratio' method to justify minimal or no increases. It is hard to improve moral as a manager of hourly employees. Salary are expected to work around the clock, no true 'days off' or vacation days. Even on vacation the salary employees are encouraged or required to log on to check email, answer phone calls, etc.
Pros
Decent stock options/ stock price. Decent APB payout
Cons
Insurance is not very good anymore, hard to justify pay increases for hourly
difficult place to work
planning (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 8, 2016
My company was purchased by Avago so I didn't choose to work there. The environment was very stressful. We were expected to be available 24/7. There was no work life balance. They did pay well with bonuses, but it didn't really make up for the hours you had to put in. I would rather earn less and have time to have a life. Most of us worked during our vacation since our backups didn't have the bandwidth to actually cover for us. There were really good people in my group. They were very dedicated given how badly they were treated by upper management. the systems they use are very manual and antiquated. You spend a lot of time on tasked that other companies have automated.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
No work life balance. He feel like you have to be available 24/7
Poor job security
STAFF SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 23, 2015
Avago try's to do as much out of the US as possible. They will outsource every function possible. They like niche markets where they do not need to provide good customer service. When they have a business that they do not want the will strip it of it's resources to make it look as profitable as possible and then sell it to someone else before it collapses.
busy work place
principal engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 7, 2015
depending on the local group you end up in, your experience varies a lot. Hit or miss, in other words. Smart co-workers, many with years of experience in this industry niche.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
asian work culture dominates more and more pushing out the old HP culture
It is a good place to work,
Staff Failure Analysis Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 30, 2015
I worked for Avago Technologies for just a year after it bought my LSI Inc. so I do not have sufficient knowledge to post a review.
My coworkers are very nice.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PANovember 22, 2015
My job is very enjoyable, but I am not sure how long it will be around. I enjoy my coworkers, boss, and engineer. We work 12hr days and we do not have enough work for the whole time. I like to keep busy and if I have work the day goes a lot faster.
Pros
Free wifi
Cons
12hr day
productive and fun place to work with ping pong table and also did yoga on break.
CHIP FABRICATION OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PANovember 3, 2015
Come into work usually half hour early to put lunch away n maybe finish breakfast. punch in at 6:00 p.m. and then get pass down from crew working. I proceed to find what job I have for the night night then begin. The supervisor would come in to check to see if we needed anything for the night or any other pass down from management then tell crew if he is needed where to contact him.take breaks at scheduled times. Before night is finished we restock any supplies used and get ready to pass down to next crew. Management is there when required. Co-workers are always willing to help one another to get the job completed Hardest part of job is a lot of temporary positions so some people may not take job serious so others have to pick up the slack. The most enjoyable part of job is working on parts that go into phones that we use in everyday life.
Pros
yoga on break
Cons
only a contract job
Great Place to work
Research & Development Technician (Former Employee) –  campbellOctober 20, 2015
Great small family business that has been around for many years. The owners really like to take care of you and are interested in making sure you succed
Challenging environment. Supportive Management
Senior Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 1, 2015
Transition from Emulex to Avago left the Costa Mesa division with a skeleton crew. I am privileged be part of the Emulex transition team and pass my skills to my colleagues who will remain aboard.
Pros
Free coffee.
Cons
Hard cuts throughout the company over the last 6 years.
productive & fun place to work with ping pong table
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  PAAugust 29, 2015
looking through a microscope for 10 hours daily. Not having to have close supervision during the work day provides some freedom & getting paid for an hour lunch & two half hour breaks. Very relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
work 10 hours & get paid for 12, not being baby sat
Cons
long hours - 12 hour shifts 24/7, having to wear all types of gowning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avago Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.