Avalon Document Services

Avalon Document Services Employee Reviews in United States

Toxic environment, AVOID
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 3, 2015
The job itself isn't bad: complete incoming jobs using a variety of printing and finishing equipment to meet deadlines (i.e. business cards, blueprints, scanning documents, invitations, etc.) Unfortunately, what should be an enjoyable and efficient job environment is made absolutely miserable by terrible management and scrooge-like corporate penny pinching. Literally the entire staff of this office (25 people) turned over in the year I worked there because of this. The management style is basically constant threats and intimidation of write-ups or being fired (from the top down) over trifles. They have been hiring for this position at $10/hr for over 7 years, and employees don't receive raises, period. Every single piece of equipment used on the production floor is broken in some way, and employees are expected to come up with creative solutions to produce quality work. Constant high school stuff and I never saw a single positive improvement during my time there, just a desperate tailspin. Unless you're desperate for cash, avoid at all costs.
Pros
Paid time off on holidays
Cons
No opportunity for advancement/raises, threatening/incompetent management, miserable environment
High school
Document speaclist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 8, 2014
Save yourself the time pass right by this company. Lies and the wage is garbage. The upper managment is useless, training is horrible and the work load is unreal. The company has unrealistic deadline goals which stress everyone out on the daily, the only people that seem to enjoy this job are the people who are not the brightest bulbs in the box, and can't realize what is going on. The job could be fun, could be a career for some, but this place is like high school if you weren't in with the owner or the older "cooler" employees you were are garbage. Also the fancy title of "document specialist" it's more like copy lacky... No respect and poor management structure.
Pros
just eat the cookies, daryl does it!
Cons
just eat the cookies, daryl does it!
Fun isn't all a job needs.
Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 16, 2014
Paid peanuts, didn't appreciate hard workers. But the staff is great. The management needs to take a strong look at their individual managers and reconsider, though.
Fast paced and high stress
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 28, 2012
This job was very demanding. I would work 10 or more every day without a lunch or any 15 minute breaks. I was on call at all times. I would also be driving for about 9 hours a day non stop which was difficult at times. I gained some good experience in customer service and communication. My co-workers were not at the same level of intelligence or even close to having the same work ethic I have. It was frustrating and very stressful. I felt very under appreciated for the amount of time and hours a day I would put in.
Productive and fast paced. Great Teammates
Director of Production (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 22, 2012
The most talented people in the printing business, hands down. Avalon makes the impossible possible with their commitment to only the highest standards in quality and service.
Pros
great team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avalon Document Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5