Avalon Health Care Group Employee Reviews

Fast paced
LVNs and responded directly to my supervisor DSD (Current Employee) –  Madera, CAOctober 8, 2017
The will work with your schedule if needed.
Its balanced work and very fast paced. You can rely on some co workers to help you out. The first week they will train you.
Stressful
Keeper (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 4, 2017
Continual change in management, it appears to be going in the right direction with the new management that has been hired. The culture is very quiet, everyone doing what needs to be done.
All downhill after they let go of original staff
It (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 24, 2017
This Place was an awesome place to work for,, that is, until the CEO decided to fire almost all he upper management. they hired people from an Online Dating or Ancestry company who in turn, fired all middle management. They over spent the budget so bad, that they had no choice to let go of most the staff. Than they hired peons to take the place of experts.

No, %^& no, never go there after that.. Terrible self destructive company after that
very unfair workspace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Salt Lake, UTSeptember 18, 2017
I would not recommend anyone to work there the management it terrible and the workplace is very bad. it in not sanitary and you are always in trouble for no reason at all. all the nurses are unwilling to help with anything and if you get hurt trying to help a patient they don't care.
Pros
you got to make the paitents feel better and help them
Cons
terrible break room, unfair pay, terrible manegment, etc.
Stressful and demanding work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richfield, UTJuly 18, 2017
Extremely unfair wage, demanding work. I would rarely get a break on a 12 hour shift. Loved working with the patients and caring for them. Struggled coming to terms with upper management.
Good place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAMay 17, 2017
Avalon is part of the union its in a great little town the people here are all nice very friendly. The building itself is big its a clean place. The cnas are nice but they seem to be understaff alot.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Understaffed
Overall not a bad experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTMay 9, 2017
Worked hard in the kitchen and got to know a lot of the residents. The job was extremely fast paced as you had to be ready with the food at a certain time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Death of people you got close to
It's a money making business with rampant nepotism.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Payson, UTApril 9, 2017
Very little support or training, and often short staffed. Required to attend frequent staff meetings and often required to complete job training on own time.
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Good place to work if you are new to the medical field. They will work with your schedule as well and other shifts are offered.
Fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 26, 2016
I never had a board day when I was at work and every one always showed each other love and we all worked hard and always worked as a team and there was never any of us complaing
Certified Nursing Assistant
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CA 95370September 15, 2016
As a CNA, I helped the elderly with their everyday activities. From bathing, to eating, to getting ready for bed, I've done it all.
Over the year of being a CNA, I learned how fragile life is, and how mch the elderly are neglected and abused. I also learned to care for other people more than I do myself.
Over the course of time, there had been disagreements in managemenial procedures, and irregular scheduling.
The hardest part of my job was seeing how much the sick and elderly wanted to get better, but were realy getting weaker.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the paycheck, overtime, and benefits that they offered.
Pros
career path, co workers, paychecks
Cons
irregular scheduling
My job
Business office Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 10, 2016
I work as HR, AP and AR. I have to be able to switch hats at a moments notice. I work very well with others and am a team player.
Good place to work, Friendly management.
Director, Medical Policy (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 26, 2016
A new company and pioneer in LBM business. Have many talented employees. Management and employees are friendly and professional. Pros are more than cons.
Fantastic Company to work for!
HR/Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 7, 2016
Avalon Health Care is a great company! There is so much support from all of the management, great benefits, and such a positive work environment. Out of all the different companies that I have worked for Avalon is really one of the best that is out there.

During my time at Avalon, I have learned and continue to learn each day I walk into work. There are many opportunities to advance within the company, with people who are there to help support you and motivate you to do the best that you can do.

I would have to say the most enjoyable thing about my job is looking forward to come into work everyday, enjoying the work that I am doing, and coming in and enjoying the amazing co-workers that I have.
Pros
great management, benefits, opportunities to grow, fantastic support
Cons
Horrible backstabbing gossiping unprofessional staff
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  SOUTHERN UTAH VETERANS HOMEMarch 12, 2016
This is the worst company I have ever worked for (at southern utah veterans home)I enjoyed the job itself and spending time with the residents but co-workers were awful. They were rude, very offish and always acted like you had done something wrong...Management was the worst I have ever seen in the work place in over 30 years. Coworkers set you up to fail by not doing their jobs and then when there are complaints they always blame the new person at the front desk. The training is horrible and not consistant -they gossip about the new employees and everything that goes wrong when you are learning the job and the whole place knows your mistake---how unprofessional!!!! The front office staff are all a bunch of back stabbing jerks and when you ask for help to do things correctly you get in trouble for not knowing what you are doing and told you are unqualified to do the job. Very demeaning and belittling!!!!! I worked there a total of 9 days and was asked to resign because of the admission coordinator not doing her job/and the charge nurse not doing their job and blaming me for it. Because of their mistakes on not scheduling a transport for a resident I was blamed and it wasn't my job to do that. Terrible place to work!!!!
Pros
Nice building/residents
Cons
Jealousy and backstabbing employees
Bristol Roseville
Social services (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Absolutely awful management. It was like being in junior high. Some really great coworkers but watch your back. Management turns on a dime. Pay attention to these reviews- we are not lying.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Gives micromanagement a new meaning
Working here would be the worst mistake of your life!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced CaliforniaFebruary 18, 2016
Horrible work environment!
Horrible staff.
Horrible management.
Approach them with a problem and somehow you're to blame.
Underpaid.
It's honestly crazy how it hasn't been shut down yet!
The building was LITERALLY falling down and they were worried about what color they were going to paint the walls!
You will get no respect here and will be treated like you mean nothing.
Pros
Nothing..
Cons
Everything you can think of. Its h e l l on Earth.
Fast-paced with good teamwork
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 17, 2016
This was a great place to work. The best part was befriending the residents and hearing their stories. It was fast-paced and very busy.
Cons
Loss of residents, short-stafing
Overall poor.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  UtahFebruary 10, 2016
Management listens to every little bad thing they hear even though you can be really good at your job. Management listens to gossip as if they were facts. I was always happy and nice with coworkers. And coworkers liked me but management belittled me often. Benefits were HORRIBLE paid $120 a month for Regence blue cross. It cost 100% for anything that wasn't preventative care. Meds 100% went to the ER and received the full bill for $1500. Once a $12000 deductible was met then it would cover 80%. I got a new job that has Regence and a med that cost 130 through Avalon insurance only cost me 30 at my new job for only $90 a month. They picked horrible insurance plans. They pay better than most places but if you need medical care you're not really making more. Best part was coworkers and residents.
Pros
Higher wages, residents, coworkers.
Cons
Benefits, management, no holiday pay.
the worst place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 8, 2016
Management only cares about making money and not about qality of resident care or employees satisfaction. Nurses and CNAs are over worked and underpaid.
Unsafe place to work. People gossip all the time. Very unorganized.
Pros
some co-workers were nice, caring and friendly
Cons
Bad management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avalon Health Care Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8