Avalon Health Care

It fun working everyday.
Accounting system in overall
Efficient management
Very helpful co-workers
Repetative demanding work with little appreciation.
Clinical Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Sonora, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Cons: constant short staffing causing staff burn out.
Begin day with report of 20+ residents and their current status. Prepare for first medication administration. Begin first medication pass while making assessments and fielding questions from residents and family members. Between med passes complete treatments to residents and begin charting while sending and receiving orders. Start second medication pass with further assessments of condition and any adverse reaction to medications or ATB tx. Finish the day by finishing charting for the day.
I've learned how to manage my time well to complete the work in a timely manor despite being short staffed and under supplied most of the time.
Management is new with high rate of turn around as I have seen three different DON's since starting work.
My co-workers are hard working and friendly having to endure the same as I.
The hardest part of my job is constantly having to attempt to "make things work" with what is available.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to inform and teach the patients and staff about their care they are receiving.
job review
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Merced, CADecember 6, 2014
Pros: paid time off
Cons: managment
everyday would come to work read menus and cook breakfast and lunch for the residents ,learned state requirments management not very supportive, co workers treated it like high school, not a hard job, I enjoyed meting and talking to the residents and hearing there storys
every cool
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), 1700 howardDecember 5, 2014
i love this job always keeps me on the go and always doing new things dont ever get bored of this job love it
Serving Vets & Leadership Great; Understaffed Not So Great
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Ivins, UTMay 29, 2014
Pros: great rn staff development; very approachable/positive/available don
Cons: it's long term care, it is a tough but rewarding job, just comes with the territory, not the company or the leadership.
Beautiful, well thought-out facility, good leadership if you work hard and don't complain.

Very rewarding to work with veterans.

Mostly long term care, some acute/rehab care. Dementia department.

You will definitely learn your documentation!!!!

Beautiful location, great weather. Low crime community. Amazingly bicycle friendly city. Unlimited outdoor diversions- endless amount of trails for hiking and mountain biking, lakes/reservoirs for water sports, National/State parks, close to Vegas.

No shift differentials for NOC or weekends.
401k available but no company match.

Difficult for them to recruit nurses and aids, this makes this job very demanding and stresses the residents.

The building is HUGE, nurses/aids walk their backsides off going from room to room, room to nursing station, and hall to hall. Makes time management essential, one to one resident care difficult, and weight loss easy.
Awful, awful, awful
Executive (Former Employee), CorporateNovember 7, 2013
Cons: mean, stupid, backstabbing bullies who hide behind religion
Leadership is pathologically crazy. Treat employees like dirt. It's all about the all mighty dollar and who you know, not what you know. They don't want to hear about problems. Just want a bunch of yes people telling them how great they are. Hypocrites, all. This company has absolutely no morals or ethics whatsoever. Oh yeah, when senior management claimed everyone was getting a wage freeze/wage cut because of budget problems- they secretly agreed to give themselves big bonuses the same year. Best thing about this company is seeing it retreat in your rear view mirror as you drive away forever.
worste place to work in the state of Utah!!!!!
Cna (Former Employee), OgdenJuly 17, 2013
Pros: coffee
Cons: a notty girls, power trip supervisors, and the ungodly amount of income we actually get.
I Don't know who they care the least about, their veterans or their employees! They treat their employees like dirt!!!! They do not respect you and the worst part about it is the way they treated their residents. They do not train their new employees properly and they treat you like if you have questions, you better go bug somebody else about it. I could honestly go on for days about how much of a hell hole that was!!!! Everyone thinks they're better than everyone and a huge power trip going on!
Here's a big red flag, I hope corporate reads this! One man would get so upset he would hold his call light button down and refused to let it go. And instead of trying to talk to him about it, they unplugged his call light system from the wall!!!!! That is abuse!!!!!!
Sorry I will stop rambling! Oh my the way I got in trouble for "being too independent"they're exact words. I would always do my own thing and make sure my stuff was done before dinner, clean up my veterans, and I was the only one who left on time because my stuff was done! Then yes I'm "I'm too independent".
Nuff said. G.E.W.V.H. = HELL HOLE
But I loved those veterans! They will always be in my heart! I love you my sweet guys!!!!!!
Managment needs improvement
Receptionist - A/P (Current Employee), Pasco, WAJune 27, 2013
Pros: the residents
Cons: the pay
Most enjoyable part of my job are working with our residents.
Pay is terrible
Raises are not given
management needs improvement or needs to be overhauled
Just keep looking
CNA (Current Employee), Bountiful, UTMay 2, 2013
Pros: great don, nice facility
Cons: too much drama, poor management, poor safety awareness
There's little safety measures taken to protect the residents and staff. People are constantly getting hurt and no one's doing anything to prevent it. Some CNAs will flat out refuse to help residents because they aren't assigned to that CNA. Some of the employees outside of the CNAs can just be downright nasty. There's no possibility for advancement, you will never get a raise for good performance or good work ethics. The inexperienced and the ones who have been there forever get paid the exact same. I will say that the DON is very good at her job, as long as you use common sense.
One of the worth place I have ever worked
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 16, 2013
Pros: nothing good to say about avalon
Cons: the oldest's employees make the life's of new ones, a living hell.
I left that company, because there is nothing positive about it.
Basically, Avalon Health Care is a positive place to work. However, as with most employment sites, you will find something you will disagree with.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Lake City, FLMarch 12, 2013
Pros: on the positive side, the company provided time of for family, if needed, yearly raises. and vacation and sick leave time.
Cons: as with most health related jobs time-off was a scheduled event; therefore, if a family member wanted you to attend an event, you would probably need to get a coworker to switch time off days with you.
While employed as a CNA my experience for a typical day was to attend to the patients need instantly and in a professional manner. The management for the most part was business like but, gave employees timely breaks. The co-workers for the most part were easy to relate to and adhered to the company's policy of Patients Come First. The hardest part of the job was the realization that the patients were long term and would probably remain in a Health Care Facility until the end of their days.
It's a good place to work.
Scottsdale,AZ (Former Employee), LPNNovember 1, 2011
I liked working for this company, I have been employed with them for seven (7) years and I treated it as if it was my own.

Avalon Health Care Salaries