AvalonBay Communities

AvalonBay Communities United States Employee Reviews

Payment Services Manager (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Work/life balance
Generally good place to work, people are nice and outgoing. Everyone is willing to say hi and help when needed. Good work/life balance.
good benefits, company is good to employees , salary is a little low
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Burlington, MAApril 6, 2015
all in all , a decent place to work. Depending on where you work and who your supervisor is greatly affects your changes of advancement.
that also applies to your salary raises .
Great company to work for
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Opportunity for growth in your career
Cons: Technology
I love the way Avalonbay gives opportunity for growth within the company. They inspire me to to things that I never thought I would ever do and supports my efforts.
An excellent company
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Work Life balance
Cons: Low Pay
Avalon Bay is a great company to work for with the only exception being the pay is a little low. Work life balance is good especially if you put in hard work because t is appreciated. Most of the managers all the way up to the executives are very good to work for and with. The most difficult thing is residents but they can also be a positive.

April 6, 2015

Thank you for your feedback and are glad to hear that you have had a positive experience at AVB. We appreciate your hard work and commitment to the company.

Great Company
Assistant Manager/ Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Growth
Cons: Lot of change
This is an amazing company to work for I had amazing co/workers and I made life long friends. This was a great company to work with and for.

April 6, 2015

Thank you for your review and your service to AvalonBay! We are pleased to hear about your positive experience.

Work Hard, Play Hard
Sr. Community Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 16, 2015
The company culture is AMAZING. From the way associates are engaged, to the customer service experieinces for our customers. We find opportunities to give back to local communities and associates are getting involved in charitable events. Compensations is lower compared to what competitors are bringing new hires in at; however, employee retention is higher with AVB. Advancement is lower only due to minimal communities in SD compared to LA and other regions.

We are encoraged to #beGREAT everyday and supported when we make those choises. Executive team is engaged with on-site personnel and are very approachable.

April 6, 2015

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your enthusiasm and passion and are proud to have you on the AVB Team! #beGREAT

Love my job
Associate (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 16, 2015
Job culture is like no other place I've ever worked! I feel like I'm part of a family and that I'm actually cared about as an associate. Pay is decent and there is definitely room for growth as an individual.
Great place to work with opportunity to grow.
Community Supervisor (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: the opportunity for advancement and the benefits the company gives to its employees.
Cons: avalon is a little behind when it comes to technologies, .
Avalon is a great place to work. Everyday I am presented with a new challenge that pushes me further and makes me a better manager. I have grown with the company and they have invested in me though numerous training classes. I have gown so much with Avalon both personally and professionally.
The Avalon culture can not be any better. It is so great to know that I have so many managers and peers that are there for me when I need them. They are there for support through the more challenging aspects of the job and are also there to celebrate accomplishments. I am so lucky to work for such a great company.

April 6, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and thanks for your contributions to AvalonBay thus far. I am really happy that you are enjoying your AvalonBay experience at our San Jose Community. Thank you for being here, and for contributing positively to our success.

Fast pace productive and great place to work
Resident Services Technician II (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2015
A day at Avalon is getting work orders done and customer service. I've learned how to work at a bigger property and how to deal with more responsibilities.The management team is great always on top of things.my co-workers are awsome to work with we learn fro each other on a daily bases.The hardest part of the job is sometimes not been able to finish a work order due to lack of supplies. The most enjoyable part is seeing the residents happy after fix an issue in the home

April 6, 2015

Thank you for the great review. Associates like you make AvalonBay a great place to work and live. We appreciate your hard work and your feedback!

Leasing
Community Consultant (Current Employee), Lake Forest, CAMarch 7, 2015
Always bussy writing notices for residents, touring community, and leasing apartments. Answering resident questions, process move in and move out. Advertising.

April 6, 2015

Thank you very much for writing a review. We appreciate your feedback.

Excellent company and community environment
Leasing Consultant at Rosewalk & Blossom Hill (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great people, great company, great medical, great position
Cons: pay and commission
Beautiful communities, great people. Medical benefits were amazing when I worked there. Pay was bottom of the barrel. Unfortunately, that's why I left. You can't afford to work here in the Bay area unless you have another income (get married!)

April 6, 2015

Thanks for your review of AvalonBay. We are happy to hear your experience with us has been a positive one and appreciate your feedback on compensation.

Enjoyed my job.
Senior Community Consultant (Former Employee), IllinoisJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: team building events, bonuses, commission and pay plans
Cons: stressful at times (twice/three times a year), some managers let their position go to their head
There's pros and cons to all jobs. It's stressful when occupancy is down and great when occupancy is up. Have to find the happy medium. I enjoyed the team building events and do believe they helped keep moral up. Overall I give AVB a 4. I stayed for 3.5 years and probably would have stayed longer given different circumstances. I'd go back if I could.

February 16, 2015

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our team building events and compensation program. We understand there are levels of intensity at times appreciate yor hard work.

physical work place
Maintenance Tech I (Current Employee), Redmond, WADecember 22, 2014
Pros: paid sick day, healthcare, paid vacation
Cons: no time for outside activities
A typical work day for me would be cleaning the office, hall ways, and helping the other maintenance fix the appliances for residents. I've learned to fix appliances. the management is great, they are all nice and friendly. my co-workers are understandable and very helpful. the hardest part of this job is being able to work with outside activities. the most enjoyable part of this job is that im so busy that the day goes by fast.
culture
Maintenance Associate (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYNovember 15, 2014
Pros: long lunch
Cons: health care
I enjoyed working with different people from many countries and to learn the customs. interact with the guest from different countries.
Company move back east
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 6, 2014
Don't like that the company which was once small & cared about their employees was merged with a larger company located back east
Don't work for this company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), NJNovember 6, 2014
Pros: horrible company
All managers and senior lever managers work with each other They dont care about the employees growth and development.You are just the number for them 5 years with the company didn't let me go nowhere No training
Claims Processor-Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 14, 2014
A typical day at work is usually productive due to well managed work time throughout the day. I've learned to adopt to the environment and the surroundings the came with my position. For me it was a good fit. I got along very well with co-workers being as I am a people person and get along with anyone. Being able to get along with co-workers was a perfect recipe for team work. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things that I knew would help me become more knowledgeable not only in my position but in other positions as well.
Worst Management ever
Property Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), ConnecticutOctober 5, 2014
Take this job only if nothing else is available and keep looking while there. Management is terrible, inconsistent policies, and frustrated tenants.
Good company to work for
Resident Services (Former Employee), Newton, MASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: variety
The day to day activities vary from clerical work to one on one interaction with residents. These interactions can vary from renewal issues to general day to day issues with their apartment home or the community. Probably dealing with disgruntled residents but this has to be done too. The more enjoyable part of the job includes coming to a mutually satisfactory conclusion to these situations and dealing with a wide variety of people from all over the world.
good company
Assistance Maintenances Manager (Former Employee), Westborough, MASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: sold properties
good place to work excelent benefits good poeple to work for

1 2 3 4 5

About AvalonBay Communities

AvalonBay Communities, Inc., an equity REIT, has a long-term track record of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing – Read more

AvalonBay Communities Salaries