Avamere Health Services Employee Reviews

Productive friendly enviroment
Aide (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 12, 2017
A professional, simple work environment. Friendly kind people and room for advancement. Fast pace, at times . Competitive and hard working. Overall a very good place to work
Pros
Free lunchs
Medical assistant/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORNovember 4, 2017
Results-oriented with a diverse background in customer service management. Dedicated to providing excellent customer service and making operational and procedural improvement recommendations. High-powered Servicing Manager that effectively motivates associates through continual guidance, direction, development, coaching to deescalate a wide variety of customer service escalations proficiently.
I will not recommend to join this company
IT Technology and Vendor Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORNovember 3, 2017
I will not recommend to join this company. There no job work/life balance, no job advancement, and the management doesn't care. Please check the long list of the Glassdoor reviews
Pros
Quick and easy interview
Cons
Way to many to list
I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAOctober 27, 2017
This organization is the worst place I have ever been employed. The management is not equipped to be effective managers. Training was non-existent and when training was provided it was minimal. However, they expect you to perform your job duties perfectly without proper training. I have fully enjoyed working in the healthcare industry, but this place was an absolute disaster.
Pros
Cons
Management, Compensation, and Training
Administrator is great rest of managment okay except housekeeping
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORAugust 30, 2017
The everyday employees of avamere were amazing. They all genuinely care about the people they are caring for. Most of the nurses are fantastic and the CNAs are good people. That being said the housekeeping department is a joke. They are manipulative and rude. I also see a lot of favoritism being played out in the adminstrative department. I feel the biggest issue is the lack of good pay. Every person their works way harder than they get paid for and they don't apperciate their employees like they should. The benefits coat way more than they should and you dont get separte sick leave or paid time off its all bundled. Another issue is the turnover is so high that you will be forced to work way more hours than originally told without option.
Pros
Caring coworkers that have eachothers back
Cons
High expection but with low wages. Favortism and poor managment
Poor managemant with not much room to grow
Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Keizer, ORAugust 18, 2017
Management is lazy and doesn't care what you do as long as they don't get in trouble. Meaning, poor co-workers get to slack off and do whatever they want while the good employees get left picking up the slack. Avamere doesn't care much about their employees as long as they get their checks and don't have to do too much work.
Pros
Some great people
Cons
Mostly awful people
Slow-paced
Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 3, 2017
This job as a care staff was not challenging. It was quite boring. Good starter for someone out of high school looking to build resume or start in medical-like field.
Kitchen was hot and fast paced
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJuly 25, 2017
It was a great company to atart with, however after I was offered he position, trained to fill the position, I went on vacation to use my time off and during that week off, they hired someone for the position and I had to train them. There response was too bad so sad.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
They had a swamp cooler that didn't work well so it was hot as F in that kitchen
it was a really fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sequim, WAJuly 16, 2017
i loved working there as a housekeeper i worked with people i knew. i liked the service that was provided to the residents . the respect of the people working there was unbelevable
A lot of nepotism in this company
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 16, 2017
There is a lot of family and friends that get promoted rather than staff who is really doing the work...line staff in ALF are underpaid, management is the worst . I will never recommend this company to work at or live in a community.
Great Place to work
Receptionist/Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJune 12, 2017
This is one of my most favorite places that I have ever work. Work hard, play hard.
Everyone is friendly and inviting. I have never worked at a company that cares so much for their employees and trying to make everyone happy. I would highly recommend this place.
Pros
people
Cons
having to leave
Not great management and underpaid
ETL Developer/BI Architect (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 31, 2017
Not the best place to be if you're looking for opportunities and personal growth. Management is terrible. Too much changes within a short period of time. A very scammy place to work in.
Horrible place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 22, 2017
There is clear tension between shifts. The morning shift are so critical and drama filled but the noc shift is probably the strongest shift of all. So much drama I felt like I was in middle school all over again. Plus the rumors being told behind your back but never to your face. Clearly the nurses have their favorites. Management claims to not know anything and doesn't seem to want to know. There are few people who were a joy to work with but many forgot that the job was to care about people and not just rip their covers off and rip them out of bed. People seem to have either never had or lost their compassion and are just there for a paycheck.
Pros
Connecting with residents.
Cons
Most everything else.
Challenging
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMay 20, 2017
For someone who has never worked caring for others, working in an Assisted Living Facility, can be very stressful. Sometimes all you have is yourself to rely on, you have your team, but having multiple residents to care for, there are days when you are by yourself having to complete your work list
Family
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coos Bay, ORMarch 23, 2017
It's like a family they work together and make sure every person resident and staff have all the tools they need to succeed. They are highly motivating and great to work for.
Pros
Communication, bonuses for picking up shifts
Cons
Drama
Not a good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport, ORMarch 10, 2017
Lots of drama from staff. Management doesn't care about workers and doesn't work with schedule. Very short staffed. Schedule always changes at last minute without staff knowing by Human Resources.
Doesn't stick to their guns
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMarch 9, 2017
Good staff all around, but a lot of turn over at the facilities, leaving to little long term knowledge to stay in house. Long term plans are made, but sometimes with little input from key stakeholders until the last minute.
Pros
Decent middle managers at the corporate level
Cons
Plans are not well thought out.
Not a great place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 9, 2017
The management tries to take advantage of you and your schedule. There is no reasonable work schedule and pay is minimal. No way to advance in your career. Healthcare for patients is not the greatest and guidelines for the facility are not always the safest. Communication was not a priority.
Good people not enough help
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sequim, WAFebruary 7, 2017
There is not enough staffing for how many residents and how much care is needed for each resident. There are also no competitive wages and hard to get and keep the facility staffed.The pay is too low and work load too heavy.It is run by a corporation that has no idea what it's like on the front lines. It is completely overwhelming especially those like myself with tons of compassion for these residents. There are some good hearted staff but it's not enough to make up for all that is missing. Very stressful working environment.
Pros
If you love to help others there are many that need it.
Cons
Residents do not get the time they deserve
under staffed
Medication Management Aide (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJanuary 25, 2017
I have noticed this company in all of its facilities is extremely understaffed, and as an attentive caregiver I was unable to give the care to the residents that they needed and I wanted to because we were stretched so thin.They don't have the personnel to allow us do the job we want to adequately.
Pros
meeting and helping the elderly
Cons
no means to help the way we should/could

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avamere Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9