Avamere Health Services Employee Reviews

management
Dietary aide (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 6, 2018
The management at the Hillsboro location wasn't involved in the kitchen until state came in and shut the kitchen down for a half day. They never bothered to check or help until then.
Rude and non team players
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 4, 2018
I enjoyed helping people.
Other employees were not good at being part of a team.
Management was fairly lousy.
I learned a lot about taking care of people.
Healthcare coordinator
Healthcare Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 26, 2018
Avamere was a good place to work. Staffed appropriately. It was stressful but rewarding. The management listened to your concerns and changed when needed.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Short breaks
Very stressful
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 25, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work here! So unsafe for you and the patients! Everyday working there I was stressed out. Don’t waste your time working here!!
Pros
Cons
Everything about this place!
Alright place
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Keizer, ORJanuary 22, 2018
Avamere is an alright place to work at. The pay is not good for a CNA though:rates should be higher because they do most of the work. Hardest part of this job is that Nurses act like they are superior to you when they do way less
Pros
Flexible, Nice manager
Cons
Nurses have favorites, only half an hour of lunch, pay is not good enough
Great Management
Resident Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 22, 2018
I enjoyed working at this facility. Worked with staff and doctors and was well supported by them. The job ended when the resident care manager positions were combined which meant since I was last hired I was the first to go
Pros
Good Company to work for
fun place to work
Medication Aide / Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 21, 2018
fun place to work, not very well supervised by management, low wages and poor benefits, given many responsibilities, can be overwhelming, focused on numbers
Pros
responsibilities/learning
Cons
focused on numbers
Fast Paced and Competitive
COTA (Former Employee) –  Keizer, ORJanuary 11, 2018
I enjoyed working alongside my direct coworkers and the DOR in my building, However management and insurance policies made the work environment very stressful and demanding. (Both physically and mentally.)
needs improvement
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 10, 2018
I wish CNA's were treated better. always being mandated. Rude LPN'S. I have been employed since December and am already seeking new employment elsewhere.
Pros
Free CNA program.
Cons
Constant mandation.
Productive with laid back management
Certified Nursing Assistant and Treatment Aide (Former Employee) –  Sandy, ORJanuary 8, 2018
Loved providing a range of care from ADL's to simple treatments.
This was a great entry level job for me as a CNA.
Room for advancement and additional training if you work hard.

Want to know more about Avamere Health Services?

Ask a question
Average nursing home.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 6, 2018
The staff were caring with few exceptions.They are understaffed and very stressed.They seem to try their best but it is unmistakable and transparent to their new employees that they are unhappy.This Chambers St location has some great people, some for a good length of time.Mgt is ineffective.The orientation process is rushed or in my case non existant, but nurses and CNAs give their heart to the work.The bad employees make it an uncomfortable place to work.
Pros
Good pay good benefits
Cons
Poor orientation understaffing gossip
Great job
Skilled LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 4, 2018
EXCELLENT. Plenty of work! Nice management! Fast pace. The need for licensed nurses is everywhere. Very capable & hard working management. Small Building.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Need of Licensed Nurses
Do not apply to Avamere
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 27, 2017
I would never refer a friend to work at Avamere not would I refer you to ever leave any of your family members alone there. The building smells constantly and the environment is just toxic and there is always rumors flying out and about. The workers are so far behind that they don’t even mind doing overtime to get some extra hours.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything besides the residents
Warm friendly enviorment
CNA (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 27, 2017
I worked at this location for about a year. I loved working here. I made lots of great friendships and was able to build a great group of people to team up with to make sure our days went smoothly and we were able to get our work done efficently. There were some kinks along the way and ran into some issues with other staff, but they were resolved in a timely matter and respectful manner.
Life is what you make it
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 13, 2017
Keep in mind that most people who write reviews are people with an ax to grind. This facility is an older facility, but many of the staff have been here a very long time. This is a team atmosphere where we respect each other but expect a level of professionalism from ourselves. Our residents, family and coworkers deserve nothing less. The company is a smaller NW company that has treated me well and I have the latitude to make local decisions. The administrator was voted Administrator of the Year 2014 for the entire country by the largest nurses association in LTC, and he was nominated by his staff. Our annual survey from Idaho Health & Welfare for 2017 was a good one.
Pros
Family feeling, the people and atmosphere
Cons
Federal funding
No support from management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 3, 2017
Facility is low-class, out-dated, and very unsanitary. No formal staff education. Only correction on the fly or when State came in. Atmosphere of punishment and negativity. Never see management unless in trouble. No evaluations therefore no raises. CNA’s allowed to run wild and do whatever they want. No respect to nurses.
Pros
Great health insurance if you want to pay for it.
Cons
Often hostile work environment by supervisors.
High Stress and Overworked
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 26, 2017
Always short. The administration will look for any reason to take away your overtime. Consistently worked 12-16 hour shifts at least 2x a week due to no coverage. I was overworked and Underpaid and The scapegoat when something went wrong
Fun work place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 26, 2017
This is a very good place to work. The hiring people are awesome. the patients are very friendly. If you like making a difference in someones life than this is the place for you.
Pros
three different shift
Cons
short breaks
Growing company
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORNovember 15, 2017
I was hired to manage Avamere's Sherwood Community Based Care system and, after a very successful turnaround, was then asked to manage their St. Helens facility.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 14, 2017
It's a good place to work if you are starting off. The staff in general are quite nice with some exceptions. Can't think of any pros as such but for cons it's underpaid and short staffed mostly resulting in over burdened staff.
Pros
Cons
Underpaid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avamere Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.