Avamere Health Services Employee Reviews

Dangerous for staff and residents.
Care Manager Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WANovember 4, 2016
This building is a disgrace to healthcare. They cheat their patients by promising 24/7 nursing care, but what they don't tell you is that nursing staff is low, and many times nurses are doing the work of two. What they also don't tell you is at night they only have 2 CareAides for 56 people! Can you imagine doing check and changes/turning patients/answering call lights, and then being someones waitress when the patients all start waking up at 5 am. Also many bariatric patients and not enough staff to turn them safely. Only 1 nurse on at night as well...very unsafe.
Management are bullies and if you complain they find a way to fire you. Upper management says "If you don't like the way things are run around here, you can quit."
There is obviously no real caring for the patients in this building...only greedy corporate higher ups making a profit on the sick and elderly.
Pros
The sweet elderly patients!
Not a place i recomend for work!
Med tech (Former Employee) –  Sandy avamereJune 9, 2016
I do not recomend this facility at all. I had put in a transfere and needed to leave by a certain date. Well they turned around and told me that I had to put in a months notice causing me to lose the transfere. I then called in a week later because my daughter had a ear infection and was told I could not call in even though I gave them 5 hrs notice to find some one else. They also over work all their staff and managment refuses to cover any shift. They do not care about any of their workers. The pay is low and insurance is thru the roof. They are now going union which is good.
Pros
Low self esteem
Cons
Horrable managment
really liked working here
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 8, 2016
The people here were real nice and I worked here until the management changed. I would like to work here again. I enjoyed seeing the residents and helping them with a clean and sanitary home.
Do not work for this company
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 25, 2016
This company is severely understaffed and treats it's employees like garbage. Due to long term understaffing, workplace injuries have increased and resident care is lacking.
Good Internship
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant in Training (Former Employee) –  Junction City, ORJune 15, 2016
This was a great place to study CNA. All the training was necessary to becoming a CNA and the co-workers were fantastic. It was an amazing place to train and I am grateful for the patience other CNAs had for all the students.
Pros
Training
Cons
No lunch
my review
cna (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 27, 2016
The management is lousy and they are always short staffed. They don't treat all their employees with the same respect as others. There is favoritism big time. I have great friends that I have made there and they are also my coworkers. Hardest part is not knowing how to show or tell my coworkers on how things should be done.
Excellent company making big differences.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sequim, WASeptember 7, 2016
A very rewarding company to have worked for, they offer great care to elderly individuals whom need help with there daily living.
Productivity was above average.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 28, 2016
Possibility for advancement was an incentive. Resident care and their satisfaction was very important to all staff members.
The residents were amazing and I had a good time.
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Keizer, ORJune 1, 2016
I helped the residents with their every day activities. I loved spending time with them because they always made me laugh.
Love working at Avamere
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 12, 2016
Typical day at work include, Activities with Residents, Documentation, Meeting residents need, Interviewing new Patients, Decoration facility as holiday approaches. Meeting with there families. Communicating with coworkers and coming up with new ideas. The hardest part of my job is meeting all the needs of our resident and making sure they stay busy. I love my job overall its rewarding as I make residents day fun and busy.

Want to know more about Avamere Health Services?

Ask a question
Intent to help you grow
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJanuary 17, 2016
The Stafford (An Avamere building) was one of the greatest places I have ever worked. The Executive Director was always pushing me to exceed and challenged me to new lengths. I was promoted multiple times while employed here and greatly enjoyed my time with the residents and my coworkers. The management team is like a family, but I learned the hard way that everyone is out for themselves, so remember to keep anything personal at home. My coworkers were always sweet, sometimes gossiped, but that is normal with any company. My typical day includes unlocking the building, greeting residents, printing and scheduling transportation for the residents, creating flyers, agendas, office order supply lists, etc. filing, faxing, making copies, and any other random project that gets added in through the day. I do a lot of multitasking!
Continuous Learning environment
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 19, 2016
Always have the opportunity to come into a new learning experience. Fantastic staff. Great relationship between all departments.
Dedicated to helping others.
Director of Social Services (Current Employee) –  Oregon City, ORFebruary 12, 2016
Team work and positivity are highly valued and practiced daily. Staff genuinely care about the patients well fair and work hard to provide them with the best care. The company embodies dedication and hard work.
fast pace work enviroment
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 28, 2015
Difficult place to work. management was not open to listen to problems faced during work day. Co-workers were stressed and not happy to be there. The most enjoyable part was working with the residence.
Pros
good pay
Cons
often not having supplies needed for wound care
Great work experience
Assistant Manager/Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 2, 2015
I enjoyed working there very much. Employees were great and I learned a lot. I started off as a dishwasher and advanced to assistant manager within 2 years. I learned to scheduling, ordering product, conducting meetings, handling staff issues, interacting with residents and family members, cooking for a average of 110 residents per day , and making sure kitchen ran efficient.
Pros
free lunches and flexable
Cons
no breaks
Caring Assisted Living Facility
HEALTH CARE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  St. Helens, ORJuly 21, 2015
Avamere is a good place to work. They really care about their resident's care needs. There is never a dull moment and you almost always have fun. There are of course hard days when a resident passes away or when everything seems to go wrong, however the job is very rewarding. The rewarding part of this job is getting to know your residents, the lives they have lived, and your teammates are really supportive.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Level of stress
Challenging
Staffing Coordinator, Central Supply, HR, CNA, CMA (Former Employee) –  Corvallis and Eugene OregonJuly 11, 2015
I held many positions at many facilities while working at Avamere. I worked in management and on the floor. Depending on the position and the facility I either loved or hated my job. Over the years it became more and more challenging to work for a company that seemed to only be concerned about cutting costs, at the detriment of their staff and patients. Many times the drama and gossip was worse then being in high school and even management seemed to form cliques.
Pros
The job challenged me and I gained great management experience.
Cons
Management and the pay.
Work life
M.A. AND CNA (Current Employee) –  Sandy, OROctober 31, 2015
Avamere has always had a hard time finding people that are willing to dedicate a large portion of their life's to this type of strenuous work, there for the turn over rate is high.
Pros
Medical benifits
Cons
Hard to take breaks or request time off.
Referral Sources are professional but management is another story
Community Outreach Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 13, 2015
Management comes off as professional, but they really nit-pick at everything. They have NO training in culture diversity.
Pros
OR Team is fun
Cons
Constant conflict between Administrator and Marketing Director
I am bubbly and energetic and love helping people!
ACTIVITY/LIFE ENRICHMENT DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Keizer, ORFebruary 4, 2015
In a typical day I have up to 2 to 3 clients who I will shop, cook, clean and organize for.
I have learned time efficiency and time management and I feel I have exceeded my own expectations!
I LOVE working for myself and developing a close professional and personal relationship with all of my clients.
I LOVE all aspects of my job!

Right now I am trying to build up my business to where I have some 10 to 12 clients a month I work for 5 days a week.
Pros
I am my OWN boss!
Cons
None so far! Just need more clients!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avamere Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8