We are a leading software/technology company looking for an experienced Cost Accountant true "go getter" with great communication skills and a passion for working with high performing teams.
Purpose of Job:
Ensure the accuracy and GAAP compliance of revenue recognition, cost absorption, inventory valuation activities, and project accounting analytics. The ideal candidate will partner with management and work collaboratively with company divisions to reduce overall manufacturing costs, and improve product and inventory efficiency.
The successful candidate will have solid organizational, communication, problem-solving and research abilities. The candidate must be comfortable explaining complex financial and accounting concepts in layperson's terms for managers and executives. The candidate should be able to succeed in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, fluid environment. A "can-do" attitude and superb interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, are an absolute must.
The candidate must maintain and ensure the accuracy and GAAP compliance of revenue recognition, cost absorption, inventory valuation activities, and project accounting analytics.
The Cost Accountant will have the following key objectives:
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Assists in revenue recognition and cost absorption process and controls. Assists in margin analysis
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
- Reconciles finished goods inventories
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure weekly billing is complete and accurate for all accounts.
- Assist with quoting new business to assure profitability meets current strategic objectives.
- Provide stock status reports daily
- Develop, document and teach best practices throughout the operation.
- Develop, design and maintain billing templates.
Key Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 4 years in a Senior Accounting role with 2 years of Cost Accounting in a Warehouse / 3PL Environment
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principals.
- Computer Literate -- Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook, Word and Access
- Experience working with engineering and operations personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Must have experience with JD Edwards OneWorld 8.0
Equal Opportunity Employer -- M/F/D/V