PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST - THERE ARE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS AT THE END!
This position develops moderately complex software in C, C++, Java or other selected languages for MyFixIt.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements new features and provides bug fixes following a prioritized backlog of issues
- Works in a small team environment to scope issues and deliver team commitments
- Capable of diving into any area of the codebase and making changes or enhancements
- Perform Backlog Grooming with Team Members, Scrum Master, and Product Owner
- Develop software to implement new functionality
- Prepare reports and correspondence concerning project specifications, activities and status
Qualifications and/or Education:
- Significant C++ Experience (required)
- Significant C# Experience (required)
- Significant Java Experience (required)
- Windows and Linux OS Experience (required)
- WTL Experience (required)
- WPF Experience (required)
- Agile Development Methodologies (worked on a Scrum team is a plus).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent OTJ experience
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Must be proactive, meticulous, organized, and detail oriented
- Ability to efficiently resolve problems
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direction
- Team Player and Passionate about his/her craft
MyFixIt.com is a “start-up” within Avanquest, a $100MM+ French publicly traded technology company that specializes in PC and Mobile utility products that ship on over 25 million devices a year.
MyFixIt.com enables small business owners and consumers to log onto an online dashboard and remotely fix PCs, Macs, IOS or Android devices. As we near commercialization of this solution, we are looking for passionate individuals who want to help build something new and exciting.
Please be sure to include your salary history and expectations in your cover letter. Resumes without salary history will not be considered. There is no relocation assistance offered with this position; local candidates only. Lastly, please describe a product that you have worked on that makes you a good fit for this role.